PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get that insider article on green?

Crashride
12-28-2006, 05:41 PM
I searched but recieved undesireble results

FloridaMan88
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I searched but recieved undesireble results

Do you remember the name of the article? I'm looking through Insider and don't see anything.

OnTheWarpath15
12-28-2006, 07:12 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=green_jeremy&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dgreen_jeremy#20061227

FloridaMan88
12-28-2006, 07:15 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=green_jeremy&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dgreen_jeremy#20061227

Here it is:

Endorsement of Green premature
posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It's not surprising for Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards to be supporting embattled veteran QB Trent Green behind the scenes, but I was a little surprised to see that endorsement in print today.

Edwards was quoted in an AP article as saying, "I don't think we need to get in a panic after one season of a guy basically being knocked out for half the year, and then having to come back and play. Yeah, he didn't have the stats that he had last year. Well, how can he? He missed a lot of games."

Of course the numbers weren't going to be the same, but make no mistake about it, Green is not the same quarterback he was last season either. While it would be very easy to blame his late season struggles on the severe concussion he suffered early in the season, I don't think that is the only issue. The biggest issue is that Green is 36.

We can't assume Green was going to be the player he was last season. He was injured in Week 1, so how do we know had he not been the guy all season, these same struggles would not have hampered him throughout the year. Green is a shell of the player he was last season. He does not see the blitz as quickly, has very limited mobility to get outside the pocket and tends to panic when the pocket collapses around him. He is not seeing the field as well or as quickly as he has in the past.

Green still has a very good arm and can still make plays with time, but Kansas City can't go into the 2007 season assuming Green is going to find the magic. He looks very similar to fellow veteran quarterbacks Drew Bledsoe and Brad Johnson. Their teams assumed they were going to get solid production out of them this season and the game had passed them by.

I hope Green bounces back and has a huge 2007 campaign. He is a great competitor and a great person. However, based on what he has shown in the second half of this season, the Chiefs should have a backup plan in place. Backup Damon Huard is scheduled to be a unrestricted free agent and rookie Brodie Croyle has thrown only seven NFL passes. If Edwards is wrong in his assessment that Green can still be the guy in 2007, it might be another season of missed opportunities for Kansas City.

Deberg_1990
12-28-2006, 07:38 PM
He looks very similar to fellow veteran quarterbacks Drew Bledsoe and Brad Johnson. .

I couldnt agree more. I think he can still play, but its time to move on in a new direction.

El Jefe
12-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Deberg_1990, I couldnt agree more, time for a new direction................TROY SMITH.

tk13
12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Time for Carl to go out back to the franchise QB tree and pick another one.

Halfcan
12-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Deberg_1990, I couldnt agree more, time for a new direction................TROY SMITH.

I forgot we had the number one pick this year.

NJ Chief Fan
12-28-2006, 08:50 PM
troy smith is going to be a joke

Deberg_1990
12-28-2006, 08:51 PM
I forgot we had the number one pick this year.

Actually, hes projected to be a late first rounder or 2nd.....

I guess we wont truly know until the Combine in Feb.

El Jefe
12-28-2006, 08:59 PM
NJ Chief Fan, how do you figure that?. Halfcan he is projected late first early second.

cdcox
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Time for Carl to go out back to the franchise QB tree and pick another one.

LMAO

blsilks
12-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Lets also not forget that this is the worst offensive line that we have had in a while. KC QBs have been knocked around all year and as far as rushing goes well LJ earned every yard that he rushed for this year. Nothing was given to him.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Lets also not forget that this is the worst offensive line that we have had in a while. KC QBs have been knocked around all year and as far as rushing goes well LJ earned every yard that he rushed for this year. Nothing was given to him.

This is why I think the Chiefs should give Trent another year as the starting QB. Improve the offensive line and WRs and Trent will bounce back in a big way IMO.

Warrior5
12-29-2006, 02:51 PM
This is why I think the Chiefs should give Trent another year as the starting QB. Improve the offensive line and WRs and Trent will bounce back in a big way IMO.

Trent will, in all likelihood, be the starting QB next year.

How do you propose the Chiefs "Improve the offensive line and WRs" enough prior to next August in order for Trent to "bounce back in a big way"?

DMAC
12-29-2006, 03:19 PM
What is so special about that article that requires you pay more and be an INsider to read it?

ferrarispider95
12-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Troy smith will make a fine receiver</Mecca>

In all seriousness I dont see him translating to a nfl qb

Crashride
12-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting KCchiefsfan88, I apprieciate that