PDA

View Full Version : I've got a big decision,care to help

Nzoner
12-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm in one of those large internet fantasy football games and if I maintain my current status(1st in league of 25 and 53rd overall in the nation)I will pocket $850.It's a salary cap game and none of the participants are allowed to see the other teams rosters until they're locked after kick-off.

I rarely ask for advice but this time I have a real dilemma at rb(we're allowed to start 6)and I'm sitting 41 points ahead of the 2nd place team.

Scoring is 1/10th of a point per yard rushing/receiving and 6 pts for any td plus a 3 pt bonus if player's team wins their game.

My dilemma is this,I think Ronnie Brown(Dolphins)is a must start against the Colts who are giving up well over 150 yds rushing per game and brown now healthy needs a little over 100 yds to have a 1000 yd season.

In order to get him in I have to bench one of the following

LJ
LT
Westbrook
Gore
Ladell Betts
Steven Jackson

The top 3 I say are must starts as I also see a 9 pt bonus because I feel all 3 players will win their games.Betts I'm hesitant to pull out because he has been a yardage monster down the stretch and I can also see a 3 pt bonus with him.Gore is a match-up I do not like but then again with the season the kid is having it's hard to justify benching him.Jackson is facing the league's stingiest run defense but he's also a huge part of the Rams passing game and IF the G-Men lose tomorrow night the Rams will have everything to play for.

Sorry for the length but I felt with $850 on the line I should spell this thing out.I appreciate you taking the time if you've gotten this far and would really appreciate some serious feedback.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Im too lazy to do the research....but id do some serious background research on how these RB's have performed in the past against the teams they are playing against this weekend. Then choose the weakest.

But your right, its almost impossible to bench the top 3 guys on your list.

RedandGold
12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
That's a tough choice, but I would probably bench Jackson given the options. Even though I don't like the matchup either, I like Gore's chances over Jackson.

go bo
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
serious feedback?

are you new to these parts? :p :p :p

Nzoner
12-29-2006, 07:45 PM
That's a tough choice, but I would probably bench Jackson given the options. Even though I don't like the matchup either, I like Gore's chances over Jackson.

This seriously was my first thought as well,however,two major concerns came up

1.If the Giants lose tomorrow night,the Rams will be playing lights out

2.Jackson is so strong in the Rams passing game and we all know how pitiful the Vikes pass defense is.

As long as Brown can stay close or even top Jackson's numbers I should be fine based on the players I know the 2nd place team has but having to guess at who he's starting.

Iowanian
12-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Of those choices, I'd bench Betts vs the Giants or Jackson vs the Vikes..

Another consideration is "who" is playing for "what".....guys like Tomlinson might get sat down early.

Rain Man
12-29-2006, 07:47 PM
I can't handle this kind of pressure. I think I'm about to have a breakdown.

Nzoner
12-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Of those choices, I'd bench Betts vs the Giants or Jackson vs the Vikes..

Another consideration is "who" is playing for "what".....guys like Tomlinson might get sat down early.

But with Diego,Balt and Indy all playing at 3 the chances of that are slim unless the Chargers have the game well in hand which if that's the case wouldn't you think LT would play a large role in that?

Hootie
12-30-2006, 06:19 PM
bench Jackson against the Vikings.

Simplex3
12-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I'd bench Jackson. I see StL stinking it up against the Vikes.

SLQ
12-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I've had jackson on my team all year. I didn't have such a great year with him.

LJ did much better.

yeti
12-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I am leery of LT now because he cost me my league championship last week. I was overall leader by like over 100 points had kicked ass all year and then got second place because of shit like that. I am a little mad.

StcChief
12-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Minnesota run defense is tough, they are at home.

They will be looking to knock Lambs out of playoffs....

Bench Steven Jackson