PDA

View Full Version : For Reerun...sometimes you HAVE to play HermieBall...

htismaqe
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Like when you're down 26-24 to a team you have no business beating and they hand you the game on a silver platter with a 19-yard punt.

1st and 10 at your opponent's 45 yard line, 3 minutes left, needing only a FG to win the game. What do you do?

Why, we pull out the Al Saunders playbook and run a reverse that loses 15 yars. That's what we do.

:shake:

Reerun_KC
12-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Like when you're down 26-24 to a team you have no business beating and they hand you the game on a silver platter with a 19-yard punt.

1st and 10 at your opponent's 45 yard line, 3 minutes left, needing only a FG to win the game. What do you do?

Why, we pull out the Al Saunders playbook and run a reverse that loses 15 yars. That's what we do.

:shake:

Yeah I agree, that would be a good time to "Play for the Win" You dont always have to air it out to play for the win.

It is all about the situation, field position, down and distance. Many factors play into it.

I dont think I would of ran the reverse at that moment, Most likely would of played that safe and set up for the game winning FG, Just me though..

Sorry about the loss, I thought for sure they were going to win that game.. Agian sorry about the loss.....

banyon
12-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Herm runs the option?

NaptownChief
12-31-2006, 12:24 AM
I think Herm should win NFL Coach of The Year.

htismaqe
12-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah I agree, that would be a good time to "Play for the Win" You dont always have to air it out to play for the win.

It is all about the situation, field position, down and distance. Many factors play into it.

I dont think I would of ran the reverse at that moment, Most likely would of played that safe and set up for the game winning FG, Just me though..

Sorry about the loss, I thought for sure they were going to win that game.. Agian sorry about the loss.....

ANY play would have been better in that situation. I mean, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Texas had FAR GREATER team speed sideline to sideline. Iowa was winning the game by taking the ball straight at them.

Texas hadn't stopped that jailbreak screen ONCE. Why not run it right there? It's a safe throw with potentially BIG benefits.