PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Denver

KCJohnny
12-30-2006, 11:01 PM
OK, let's say the Chiefs win, the Steelers beat Cincy (all the CBS.sportsline.com writers are picking the Steelers) and the Pats hold off the surging Titans. Let's say (please God) we beat the Jags at home. That leaves the 49ers at Pile High - only the 'pile high' should be piles of snow. Does anyone know what the weather report is for the game and what factor do you believe it plays in a game where passing might be difficult? I know its my homervision, but I think it helps the 49ers and NFC leading rusher Frank Gore. What say you?

Rain Man
12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure about the forecast, but the bulk of this latest snowstorm missed us. (I live about three miles from the Fortress of Evil.) It was pretty nice here today.

If the first three games work out okay, I'll buy a 49ers jersey and run to the stadium to yell obscenities at the Broncos' cheating offensive line.

KCJohnny
12-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Awwwww, fudge! I was hoping Denver was buried in snow making it a Gore vs the Bells contest, in which case, I like the 9ers. Oh well, I guess we shouldn't expect to back into the playoffs, should we? Didn't work last year when we had a better team. Didja know that if we win, we match Herm's 2nd best all time finish at 9-7? How's that for 6 years of NFL head coaching? And you were mad at Gunther in 2000?

Rain Man
12-30-2006, 11:20 PM
I have faith that we'll make the playoffs. We'll kill the Jaguars, New England will trounce Tennessee, Pittsburgh will pulverize Cincinnati, and San Francisco will crush San Francisco. My only worry is that the overt cheating by Denver won't be caught by the officials, but even if that happens, there's no way Denver can stop the ecologically sound running of Al Gore and the free-market passing of Adam Smith.

I'm hoping that the Broncos' MLB, Woodrow Wilson, won't play, either. He's had a bad back this week and hasn't practiced. I figure he will play, but hope that he'll be ineffective.

GROB
12-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Chefs will lose and ruin all of your dreams and hopes. Don't worry Denver is going to beat SF. By the way, A. Smith doesn't have that big of hands and isn't the best poor weather qb.

Rain Man
12-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Chefs will lose and ruin all of your dreams and hopes. Don't worry Denver is going to beat SF. By the way, A. Smith doesn't have that big of hands and isn't the best poor weather qb.

Lies, lies, lies. All of it. Cutler will establish himself as a choke artist in this game when he throws half a dozen interceptions and fumbles away four snaps. Mark my words.

KCJohnny
12-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Al Gore will be running with a big 'tude because he is so pissed about Global warming. Snow will absolutely set him off for a 200 yard game against the ecologically unsound Donkeys. Let's hope!

cdcox
12-30-2006, 11:33 PM

No one is going to dispute your expertise on the size of a man's hands.

Bugeater
12-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm fairly certain there's only about 5 of us who still have dreams and hopes.

ClevelandBronco
12-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I hope it does come down to Denver having to win to finally eliminate your team.

Go K.C., N.E., and Pitts. Leave us with the pleasure of knowing that the Broncos shut the door on the Chiefs' season.

KCJohnny
12-30-2006, 11:39 PM
No one is going to dispute your expertise on the size of a man's hands.

Someone has oviosuly never read the history of economics in America... oh well, GO CHIEFS!

Rain Man
12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm fairly certain there's only about 5 of us who still have dreams and hopes.

The true believers will be rewarded in the regular season afterlife.

Nelson Muntz
12-31-2006, 12:01 AM
I hope it does come down to Denver having to win to finally eliminate your team.

Go K.C., N.E., and Pitts. Leave us with the pleasure of knowing that the Broncos shut the door on the Chiefs' season.

You gonna show up here if everything happens right for the Chiefs and we sneak in and your team is at home for the playoffs?

Bowser
12-31-2006, 12:07 AM

And I hope your sister gives you syphilis.

Nelson Muntz
12-31-2006, 12:15 AM
And I hope your sister gives you syphilis.

Too late. Maybe he can share it with his younger brother now.

Bugeater
12-31-2006, 12:33 AM
The true believers will be rewarded in the regular season afterlife.
Do those rewards include any specific amount of virgins?

Rain Man
12-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Do those rewards include any specific amount of virgins?

Yes. You get your choice of hairy ululating middle eastern women in burqas or Chiefs cheerleaders.

ClevelandBronco
12-31-2006, 01:16 AM
You gonna show up here if everything happens right for the Chiefs and we sneak in and your team is at home for the playoffs?

Hey, why not? I'll see y'all tomorrow either way.

But if you guys are done and we get to play on, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't act like an ass about it. It's your board. I'm just here as a guest.