PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened before?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Having to have so many teams lose to get in and it happens?

BTW, do something about the server, it's pathetic. What's going to happen when we someday make the Super Bowl, this place will crash and never get back up lol.

I say only allow the registered users in for right now.

ps. LARRY JOHNSON ALLLLLL DAY BABY!!!

siberian khatru
12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
And two of the necessary losses were in OVERTIME.

Un-freaking-believable.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I know it's just the playoffs, and not the Super Bowl, but the way it happened. It's so emotional. I almost cried too.

SLQ
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
It's good enough for me that it has happened now.

We are getting back to our full strength. Now we need Herman to open up the offense like we had last year and keep growing the defense we developed this year and we will make a run through the playoffs and the SB!

I don't know if the Steelers were in the same boat last year, but they took the ride all of the way. We can too!

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
The way we got in was so unprobable and even the chiefs own players knew the season was over 2 weeks ago!! Hell i did too, no way i predicted this outcome ever!

KurtCobain
12-31-2006, 07:48 PM
But do you know what's sad? I'm pissed Trent Green didn't get hurt. With Damon Huard we could beat the Colts.

grandllama
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
But do you know what's sad? I'm pissed Trent Green didn't get hurt. With Damon Huard we could beat the Colts.

LJ is all we need against these posers....

Now SD the next week, that is an issue.

Calcountry
12-31-2006, 07:52 PM

BTW, do something about the server, it's pathetic. What's going to happen when we someday make the Super Bowl, this place will crash and never get back up lol.

ps. LARRY JOHNSON ALLLLLL DAY BABY!!!Why not us? And why not this year?

Did anyone bet a 4 spot parlay card today on all the games that had to go that way?

I was watching super fan when the Bengals lined up for a chip shot that would have finished us. It was heading straight through then a gust of wind blew it wide.

Then Pittsburgh gets em in OT while I have it back on the Chiefs game, but the crowd started roaring as Herm was walking off the field.

No matter I think, no way the 9ers take out the Broncs, although I allowed myself a little optimisme due to their great performance against the Seahawks a couple of weeks ago.

I walked out of the room after Chump Baileys pick six.

I go out for food then come back and it is 13 3, I am going, at least they are still in it, ergo we are still alive. Couple minutes later and the 9ers get a pick six.

What a football day for a Chiefsfan. One I will not forget for a long time.

keg in kc
12-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I've seen other teams head into the playoffs like this. I never in a million years thought it would happen for us. I thought the other games would go our way heading into the weekend, but no was Denver was going to choke at home against the 49ers.

It's ironic, all the stuff that happened all year, all the bitching and moaning (which I also did - I know I didn't watch as closely after the Browns game, thinking we were done) and here we are in the playoffs.

Anybody who utters words anywhere close to "we don't deserve it" should be sterilized. We won enough games, we won the tiebreakers (somehow). We're the team that goes.

Who'da thunk it.

Teams that get in the way we did are generally the dangerous ones.

cdcox
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, what a great day of football.

As soon as the Chief game was over, I flipped over just in time to see Santonio Holmes run it in for the Steelers. It was perfect.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I've seen other teams head into the playoffs like this. I never in a million years thought it would happen for us. I thought the other games would go our way heading into the weekend, but no was Denver was going to choke at home against the 49ers.

It's ironic, all the stuff that happened all year, all the bitching and moaning (which I also did - I know I didn't watch as closely after the Browns game, thinking we were done) and here we are in the playoffs.

Anybody who utters words anywhere close to "we don't deserve it" should be sterilized. We won enough games, we won the tiebreakers (somehow). We're the team that goes.

Who'da thunk it.

Teams that get in the way we did are generally the dangerous ones.

Can we take Jason Dunn off IR? That would be nice.

the Talking Can
12-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Chiefs fans better cherish this.

Days like this are once a lifetime. Chiefs never get a break, much less 4 on one day.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2006, 08:15 PM
I told my buddy that if we got in the playoffs id buy a Santonio Holmes jersey, guess i better man up for one haha!

milkman
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I know it's just the playoffs, and not the Super Bowl, but the way it happened. It's so emotional. I almost cried too.

I went to run some errands after the 9er/Donkey first half.

I got back home just in time to see the winning FG in OT.

I laughed my ass off.

I'm not going to talk about this team's chances in the playoffs, I don't want to shit on anybody's parade.

I gotta say, this was the most improbable ending to an up and down season I can remember.

Bowser
12-31-2006, 08:28 PM
What I would give to be in Vegas this morning before the games started, and put a thousand bucks down on the Chiefs making the playoffs.

Carlota? Vegas Dave? Do you guys have a fresh set of million dollars in your pockets right now?

Ultra Peanut
12-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I know it's just the playoffs, and not the Super Bowl, but the way it happened. It's so emotional. I almost cried too.Agreed. The day kept going on, and everything just kept happening. It's completely ridiculous.

OldTownChief
12-31-2006, 09:24 PM
LJ is all we need against these posers....

Seen many Chiefs road games the past 5 seasons?

KChiefs1
12-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Best Day as a Chiefs fan since..............I can't remember when. Amazing!

CHIEF4EVER
12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
All I know is this is the best New Years Eve I have had in a good while. Not only did we take care of our business, we got in the playoffs because the Donks choked and have to sit on their couches and watch US in the playoffs. I can't imagine a more satisfying way to finish this bizarre season. Wait, check that, 1 more axe to grind......kill Indy in their own house.

Lzen
12-31-2006, 09:54 PM

Days like this are once a lifetime. Chiefs never get a break, much less 4 on one day.

Truer words have never been spoken.

dtebbe
12-31-2006, 10:28 PM

Especially when one is the Donkeys at home.... those bastards always get the breaks, and today they had the refs (clueless) as thier 13th man.

DT

chiefsfan1963
12-31-2006, 10:37 PM

This is probably the first time in history that 4 conditions occured for a team to get in the post season! Congrats to all you diehards!

Chan93lx50
12-31-2006, 10:51 PM
I only get to go to one chiefs game a year and i picked this one!

F*cking AAAAAAAAAA

I will never never never forget this day! Thank you Lamar

jjjayb
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM

Pissed because one of our own players didn't get hurt?!? And you call yourself a fan? Douchebag is too nice of a word for you. I'm pissed your dad didn't get hurt before he stuck it to your crack ho mom and created you.

Fire Me Boy!
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM

How about making the default setting "at work"... less bandwidth.