PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' opponents determined for 2007

Fire Me Boy!
01-01-2007, 08:09 AM
<b>Chiefs' opponents determined for 2007</b>

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Chiefs 2007 regular season opponents were determined on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2007 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2007 features five games coming against four teams that qualified for the 2006 playoffs. In addition to two games apiece against AFC West champion San Diego, the Chiefs will also face AFC South champion Indianapolis, along with NFC North winner Chicago.

Based on Kansas City’s second-place finish in the AFC West, the Chiefs will host Cincinnati at Arrowhead in 2007. The Bengals were the second-place finisher in the AFC North. The Chiefs will also travel to the Meadowlands to take on the N.Y. Jets, based on the Jets second-place finish in the AFC East. The Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego.

Green Bay will make its first trip to Arrowhead since ’96, while Minnesota will visit Arrowhead in the regular season for the first time since ’99. Jacksonville will come to Kansas City for the second consecutive season, while Tennessee will make its first appearance at Arrowhead Stadium since ’95 when the team was still known as the Houston Oilers.

In addition to the aforementioned game at Buffalo, other AFC road trips for the Chiefs in 2007 will include games at Indianapolis and at Houston. The contest vs. the Colts will mark Kansas City’s first regular season visit to Indianapolis since ’99. The Chiefs will travel to face a pair of NFC North opponents, making their inaugural visit to Ford Field to face Detroit. The Chiefs and Lions have not met in Detroit since ’96, the longest active drought Kansas City has without facing an opponent on the road. The Chiefs will visit Soldier Field to face the Bears for the first time since ’99.

<b>KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2007 OPPONENTS</b>

<b>Home</b>
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
Denver
Oakland
San Diego

<b>Away</b>
Houston
Indianapolis
N.Y. Jets
Chicago
Detroit
Denver
Oakland
San Diego

Hoover
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
It all depends on homw the schedule lines up if you ask me, but I think thw away games we should win are Texans, Jets, Detroit, Oakland. If you are .500 on the road you should make the playoffs.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 09:36 AM
tough

SLAG
01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Herm goes back to the Jets...

Awesome!

rad
01-01-2007, 10:47 AM
<b>Chiefs' opponents determined for 2007</b>

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Chiefs 2007 regular season opponents were determined on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2007 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2007 features five games coming against four teams that qualified for the 2006 playoffs. In addition to two games apiece against AFC West champion San Diego, the Chiefs will also face AFC South champion Indianapolis, along with NFC North winner Chicago.

Based on Kansas City’s second-place finish in the AFC West, the Chiefs will host Cincinnati at Arrowhead in 2007. The Bengals were the second-place finisher in the AFC North. The Chiefs will also travel to the Meadowlands to take on the N.Y. Jets, based on the Jets second-place finish in the AFC East. The Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego.

Green Bay will make its first trip to Arrowhead since ’96, while Minnesota will visit Arrowhead in the regular season for the first time since ’99. Jacksonville will come to Kansas City for the second consecutive season, while Tennessee will make its first appearance at Arrowhead Stadium since ’95 when the team was still known as the Houston Oilers.

In addition to the aforementioned game at Buffalo, other AFC road trips for the Chiefs in 2007 will include games at Indianapolis and at Houston. The contest vs. the Colts will mark Kansas City’s first regular season visit to Indianapolis since ’99. The Chiefs will travel to face a pair of NFC North opponents, making their inaugural visit to Ford Field to face Detroit. The Chiefs and Lions have not met in Detroit since ’96, the longest active drought Kansas City has without facing an opponent on the road. The Chiefs will visit Soldier Field to face the Bears for the first time since ’99.

<b>KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 2007 OPPONENTS</b>

<b>Home</b>
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
Denver
Oakland
San Diego

<b>Away</b>
Houston
Indianapolis
N.Y. Jets
Chicago
Detroit
Denver
Oakland
San Diego

So, do we play at Buffalo, or not?

StcChief
01-01-2007, 11:46 AM
So, do we play at Buffalo, or not?
We play NY Jets they finished higher, had we lost, Buffalo.....

sounds like they build the story in advance and didn't change out Buffalo after we won :)

Fire Me Boy!
01-01-2007, 11:54 AM
That original story was recalled because of that error. Here's the new one...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/kshb/sp_action_sports/article/0,1925,KSHB_9428_5249932,00.html

KChiefs1
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I hope Favre doesn't retire so I can see him next season.

KChiefs1
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Vince Young at Arrowhead would be another interesting matchup.

siberian khatru
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Dammit, we have to play in Denver AGAIN!

StcChief
01-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I hope Favre doesn't retire so I can see him next season.
Saw him in '96 the 'hot ticket' game. They finished 14-2. Won SB.

Chiefs won by a TD. GB had a garbage TD in last minute.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2007, 12:13 PM
So what home game gets send out of country?

FringeNC
01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Having to play the NFC North is not bad at all -- not quite as easy as the NFC West we got this year, but close. The only reason we are in the playoffs is because we went undefeated against that joke of a division.

FloridaMan88
01-01-2007, 02:22 PM
That game at the Jets will be on national TV I'd bet

StcChief
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
So what home game gets send out of country?

If Favre comes back. Chiefs/Packers hyped as SB 1 replay....

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I wish we could play an NFC schedule once

Rausch
01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
That game at the Jets will be on national TV I'd bet

Chicago as well. LJ vs. Bears defense.

Aries Walker
01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
We get to play all five teams we were fighting for the playoff spots. Nice!

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Brutal-we better beef up the D in the offseason.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Dammit, we have to play in Denver AGAIN!

EVERY YEAR! Every year, we have to play them on the road! I'm getting sick of it!

DenverChief
01-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I thought the way the schedule went we swithced divisions every year so we wouldn't play the same teams (minus Denver, Oakland & San Diego) every year. So how did we end up with games against jax and Cinci again?

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I thought the way the schedule went we swithced divisions every year so we wouldn't play the same teams (minus Denver, Oakland & San Diego) every year. So how did we end up with games against jax and Cinci again?

I think we play one NFC division, one AFC division, and the two other AFC teams that finished in the same place that we did. Therefore, if we're moving from the AFC North to the AFC South, we'll pick up Jacksonville again for that reason, and Cinci must've finished second in the North?

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I have never seen the Titans so I will definetly want to see that one. Brett's retirement could be a big factor in the GB game at home-if he leaves they are screwed.

DenverChief
01-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I think we play one NFC division, one AFC division, and the two other AFC teams that finished in the same place that we did. Therefore, if we're moving from the AFC North to the AFC South, we'll pick up Jacksonville again for that reason, and Cinci must've finished second in the North?

Ah I see