PDA

View Full Version : A Great Day of Football

Hoover
01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Yesterday was one great day of football. I had no expectations for my beloved Chiefs to make the playoffs, in fact at church I was talking to a high school Chiefs fan about how disappointing the Browns loss was, and that I was going to watch the game and hope for the best.

So while watching the game, I was camped out in his leather recliner with a computer on his lap do some work and posting on the Planet. It was actually one of the best Chiefs games I watched all year, the announcers were incredible, they made an 18 point lead seem like a tied game, and there were big plays being made all over the place. I was confident that the Chiefs would win.

Even thought I knew there was just no way the Chiefs would make the playoffs, I kept watching the scores from the Steelers-Bengal’s and the Titans-Pats game. When both teams won I was happy but then reminded myself that the 9ers still had to beat the Broncos in Denver.

I go up and tell my wife what had happened and that I would be hunkered down in the basement watching the 9ers-Broncos games because there is a chance the Chiefs make the playoffs. Then I start getting excited, the Broncos running game is average, their Defense isn’t what is was earlier in the year, and most importantly, a rookie is their qb. On the other hand I the 9ers have a bunch of young players who are really coming into their own, and Frank Gore is a beast at RB. I felt pretty good. We all know the impossible happened and the Chiefs are in the playoffs. It was a great day of football.

No matter what happens in the playoffs I’m just glad the Chiefs made it. I actually think we are a dangerous team, especially if we get good play from Trent Green. I’m interested to see how this team responds and play in the playoffs. I like the match up against Indy, but none of the AFC teams in the playoffs are in a different league than the Chiefs. We can hang with all of them, and out side of LT we have the best RB. If the defense and Green plays well I think the Chiefs can make a run.

morphius
01-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I said multiple times yesterday that since we needed three games to fall our way that only two of them would. For that is the Chiefs way.

While I would love a win in Indy, I just pray we don't play like Denver has the last 3 years.

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
There was a crapton of poetic Irony and painful satisfaction yesterday.

Denver, loses at home...in Overtime, to a team the Chiefs beat 41-0, and donk fans poopoo'd as nothing....when a Tie or W, vs that losing team with nothing to play for..putting the hated CHIEFS into the playoffs. My prediction of SF holding thier semi-beating black heart over its head at midfield came true. Awesome.

Cincinnati, who'd cheap shotting bastard, Geathers, who took Green out and we had to endure their taunting fans.....gets KO'd in OT to be taken out of the playoffs.

Jax, whom the Chiefs have had historical trouble with and has dealt us some difficult losses, gets their ass whipped in Arrowhead, even after a couple of filthy shots on Green, only 1 which was called....

Irony.
Trent Green is hit in the head as he slides by Geathers, no flag. Trent Green gets hit in the head as he slides, by a jax defender, no flag.
Tom Brady gets a love tap at the shoe laces, and doesn't get knocked down, draws a flag.

Jared Allen, puts a shot on the QB, not in the feet, not in the head on a QB, just as he releases the ball....draws a flag.

I began the day with no expectations of any chance of success.....only to enjoy the last game. The Chiefs young players make plays and beat the piss out of the #2 defense, in a physical game..played with heart.

Now, they've got a chance at poetic justice....vs the Colts, whom they match up very well with, and an opportunity to pay those rat bastards back by beating them at home.

Adept Havelock
01-01-2007, 10:28 AM
There was a crapton of poetic Irony and painful satisfaction yesterday.

Denver, loses at home...in Overtime, to a team the Chiefs beat 41-0, and donk fans poopoo'd as nothing....when a Tie or W, vs that losing team with nothing to play for..putting the hated CHIEFS into the playoffs. My prediction of SF holding thier semi-beating black heart over its head at midfield came true. Awesome.

Cincinnati, who'd cheap shotting bastard, Geathers, who took Green out and we had to endure their taunting fans.....gets KO'd in OT to be taken out of the playoffs.

Jax, whom the Chiefs have had historical trouble with and has dealt us some difficult losses, gets their ass whipped in Arrowhead, even after a couple of filthy shots on Green, only 1 which was called....

Irony.
Trent Green is hit in the head as he slides by Geathers, no flag. Trent Green gets hit in the head as he slides, by a jax defender, no flag.
Tom Brady gets a love tap at the shoe laces, and doesn't get knocked down, draws a flag.

Jared Allen, puts a shot on the QB, not in the feet, not in the head on a QB, just as he releases the ball....draws a flag.

I began the day with no expectations of any chance of success.....only to enjoy the last game. The Chiefs young players make plays and beat the piss out of the #2 defense, in a physical game..played with heart.

Now, they've got a chance at poetic justice....vs the Colts, whom they match up very well with, and an opportunity to pay those rat bastards back by beating them at home.

I had similar thoughts. Poetic Justice in many ways... :D

And now, a chance for.....

REVENGE!!