PDA

View Full Version : Edwards angrily denies Chiefs lucked into playoffs (AP)

TN_Chief
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Edwards angrily denies Chiefs lucked into playoffs

By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer
January 1, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Herman Edwards lashed out Monday at anybody who says his Kansas City Chiefs lucked into the playoffs.

"Let's don't get this thing twisted and think we backed into this deal," he said, eyes flashing. "We didn't lose. We won. We won the game we were supposed to win."

Nevertheless, the Chiefs (9-7) seemed the longest of long shots on Sunday when with several other teams they went into the final regular-season game with a chance to grab the sixth and final seed in the AFC. The Chiefs needed to beat Jacksonville, then have Denver, Tennessee and Cincinnati all lose at home.

The Chiefs did their part, beating the contending Jaguars 35-30 behind Larry Johnson's three touchdowns. Then New England beat the Titans, Cincinnati missed a field goal with a few seconds left and lost in overtime to Pittsburgh and Denver squandered an early lead and lost in overtime to San Francisco.

The players all left the stadium Sunday shortly after the Broncos and 49ers kicked off, thinking they would probably come in on Monday, pack and say their goodbyes.

Instead, many of them spent Sunday night and Monday morning canceling travel plans and they'll begin preparing to play the Colts on Saturday in Indianapolis as seven-point underdogs.

"Those other teams played at home. They didn't win," Edwards said. "That's not our fault. All we can do is win, and we did that and that's why we're in the playoffs, to be quite honest. We won enough games to get in the playoffs. It's very simple.

"Twenty teams are packing up today. We're not one of those 20. I don't want to hear about luck."

In a meeting that lasted only 15 minutes, Edwards pounded on the same theme with his players.

"I hear a lot of things about how we lucked into it, and how we did this," he said. "You know what? If we don't get in, if we don't win, and those other teams do, you know what they'll say? You didn't win."'

The Chiefs survived a rash of adversity and a three-game December losing streak to get to the postseason.

"And this team deserves it," Edwards said. "After everything they went through ... they won their way into the playoffs, period."

The Chiefs' first-year coach, who took the New York Jets to the playoffs three of his five years there, acknowledged he was feeling "defensive."

"That's exactly right. Because I don't want anybody to think that all of a sudden we lucked our way into this deal. We didn't luck our way into it. We won our way into it, just like those other teams had to win their way into it. And they didn't do it, to be quite honest.

"That's how I look at it. And I want this team to look at it that way, too. I don't want them to think that somebody gave us an out and said, `Hey, you can go because we don't want to go.'

"Are you kidding me? There's only 12 spots and we got a spot. We're one of the six. We're representing the National Football League and we're representing the Kansas City Chiefs."

Edwards declined to say exactly what he heard to get his anger up.

"You could sense it. I wasn't born at night." he said. "Believe me, you could sense it. I've been around a long time. You could just feel it."

"I think (the players) got the message. Loud and clear."

In related news, Herm Edwards angrily denies that the sun rises in the east and takes offense at the suggestion that water is wet.

Jenson71
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Nice.

Two things that definitely did not get the Chiefs into the playoffs:

Luck, and the ghost of Lamar Hunt.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 04:31 PM
The Chiefs did what they supposed to do. They won the last 2 games of the season.

Cinci, Jax and the Donks choked.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
we lost our starting QB for most of the season and still made the playoffs...

they could have taken that angle....

wazu
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
It's hard to argue with Herm on this. It definitely feels like good luck because it all happened in Week 17, but there are events every week, beginning in Week 1 that radically effect the playoff picture. It's just different at the end because you know what those events are.

Halfcan
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Luck plays a part in every football game. Remember last year-it seemed every fumble bounced to the other team.

TN_Chief
01-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree that teams win/lose all year long, and that of course they'll continue to do so even in week 17. The Chiefs took care of business yesterday, and that was good, but they were still dependent on other teams to get in. Both the Bengals and the Broncos lost in somewhat unusual/fluke ways:

Bengals - at home, blown short FG to go to OT.
Broncos - at home, choke away a lead to the Niners (shaky team), win the toss in OT and have 2 posessions in OT without scoring.

Luck was an element, OK?

doomy3
01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I agree that teams win/lose all year long, and that of course they'll continue to do so even in week 17. The Chiefs took care of business yesterday, and that was good, but they were still dependent on other teams to get in. Both the Bengals and the Broncos lost in somewhat unusual/fluke ways:

Bengals - at home, blown short FG to go to OT.
Broncos - at home, choke away a lead to the Niners (shaky team), win the toss in OT and have 2 posessions in OT without scoring.

Luck was an element, OK?

Are you even a Chiefs fan or are you just a troll? It seems that every single one of your posts is just negativity. I guess you probably think the Chargers lucked into the #1 seed too? Afterall, there is no way the Colts should have lost to the Texans, Jags, or any of the 4 straight road games they lost. Man, what a choke job that was. Upsets happen every weekend, the Chiefs did their job. I like Herm's approach to these playoffs. Seems like this would definitely help the confidence of the team going into the playoffs.

Jenson71
01-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Luck plays a part in every football game. Remember last year-it seemed every fumble bounced to the other team.

That's not luck. That's physics.

Football = a game that DOES NOT come down to luck. (Or ghosts)

TN_Chief
01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
No, the Chargers took care of business and determined their own fate. They won the games they were supposed to win, the Colts did not. No matter how we won yesterday, we weren't going anywhere but home unless some rather flukey things happened. They did. I'm happy about it, but I live in reality...we got very lucky.

Frankly, I think to deny that luck played a factor is dense. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows you're full of shit if you go with that tactic. The players aren't stupid...they know they got lucky. You can admit it and still say "hey, we're in and we plan on taking advantage of it by playing our best ball now".

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 05:00 PM
No, the Chargers took care of business and determined their own fate. They won the games they were supposed to win, the Colts did not. No matter how we won yesterday, we weren't going anywhere but home unless some rather flukey things happened. They did. I'm happy about it, but I live in reality...we got very lucky.

Frankly, I think to deny that luck played a factor is dense. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows you're full of shit if you go with that tactic. The players aren't stupid...they know they got lucky. You can admit it and still say "hey, we're in and we plan on taking advantage of it by playing our best ball now".

finally someone can admit you lucked in

Hootie
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
WE DON'T ****ING CARE HOW WE GOT IN IDIOT...

doomy3
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

lol, ok crystal clear now.

Couldn't the same be said since we won the games we were supposed to win the last 2 weeks, and the Bengals and Broncos didn't?

Bowser

You have a poster of Herm Edwards over your bed, don't you?

TN_Chief
finally someone can admit you lucked inI may be a Chiefs fan, but I do live in reality. Unlike many around here.

Jenson71
01-01-2007, 05:05 PM

Couldn't the same be said since we won the games we were supposed to win the last 2 weeks, and the Bengals and Broncos didn't?

Lzen
01-01-2007, 05:10 PM
It would be one thing if the Chiefs lost their last 4 games and still ended up in the playoffs. But they pulled their shit together after those 3 losses and they won their last 2 games. They did what they had to do by the rules setup by the NFL. There just were not any teams better to take the #6 seed. I don't give a crap how they got in. They won enough games to get in and that's all there is to it.

TN_Chief
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Couldn't the same be said since we won the games we were supposed to win the last 2 weeks, and the Bengals and Broncos didn't?I suppose so. But more comes into it than that...there is the matter of how the games were won/lost. Yes, they didn't take care of business, but both the Broncos and Bengals lost in pretty bizarre ways. Both in OT. Bengals at home missing a short FG at the end of regulation to end up having to go to OT. Broncos giving up a 13 point lead at home, winning the OT coin flip (practically a guarantee of winning with Elam kicking) and having 2 posessions in OT without getting in FG range. C'mon, that goes beyond not taking care of business.

Look, believe it or not I am happy we've made the playoffs. I just think it's silly to deny that we got lucky. I understand the concept of motivation...but the players are grownups, and it's possible to admit to them that we got lucky without putting them down, making them think they don't deserve to be there, etc. It's just such a cheap, lame mind game.

The Red Sea
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Will u shut your mouth Jetsfan?!
Randomly trolling our board for whatever reason I'm unsure yet.

I had to drive a lot today & the talk on the sports radio strip is about the Pussy Ass weak/Soft schedule the Jets played this yr!
The Side story is how the Chiefs were the only team to Not choke in week 17 at home to get in!

Was your soft weak schedule a *LUCKY* break for your team? And to add to only get 10 wins out of that?

Feel free to list the teams that you guys played this yr?
The national feeling is more about how you guys beat ONE winning team this yr & how Pathetic that is!
It sounds like something that should be in the NFC.
Hell I think Detroit beat more winning teams than your boys!

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I may be a Chiefs fan, but I do live in reality. Unlike many around here.

nice to see soemone that can make a comment at another teams fan taht doesn't involve complete bias or personal insults

RINGLEADER
01-01-2007, 05:13 PM
It's hard to argue with Herm on this. It definitely feels like good luck because it all happened in Week 17, but there are events every week, beginning in Week 1 that radically effect the playoff picture. It's just different at the end because you know what those events are.

It feels like good luck because so many teams had to lose AFTER the Chiefs won. If the Chiefs were playing the Sunday night game people would be saying how it was lucky for the Chiefs to have a shot at the post-season but they would also have been saying they won their way in if the victory over the Jags happened AFTER the Broncos defeat.

What's really interesting to me is that if KC had won the Browns game it wouldn't have changed our position at all. In fact, if we had won all our close games (at Denver, at Miami, and at Cleveland) we would still only be the fifth seed. Frankly, I'm glad we're playing Indy this week instead of New England.

Everything happens for a reason I suspect...

DaWolf
01-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Herm's right, because it takes the totality of the season. We could say the Eagles lucked into the division crown instead of "winning it" but because of the order of certain things, it didn't seem like that. The Chiefs did what they had to do to get in in the end.

However, they should have never put themselves in that position...

jetsfan115
Will u shut your mouth Jetsfan?!
Randomly trolling our board for whatever reason I'm unsure yet.

I had to drive a lot today & the talk on the sports radio strip is about the Pussy Ass weak/Soft schedule the Jets played this yr!
The Side story is how the Chiefs were the only team to Not choke in week 17 at home to get in!

Was your soft weak schedule a *LUCKY* break for your team? And to add to only get 10 wins out of that?

Feel free to list the teams that you guys played this yr?
The national feeling is more about how you guys beat ONE winning team this yr & how Pathetic that is!
It sounds like something that should be in the NFC.
Hell I think Detroit beat more winning teams than your boys!

the bears had the softest schedule in the NFL. why does nobody bring that up? or the fact the jets had the best defense in the 2nd half as the season in points allowed? the jets ddin't pick their schedule but they beat enough teams to guarentee a spot. you guys only beat enugh teams to give yourself a chance with some luck and you got lucky

tk13
Personally, I don't care if the team had to go out there in pink tutu's and do the macerena, we got in. You can always do the what if thing... if the Ravens hadn't been burned by a flea flicker in Cincy, maybe they win that game and San Diego doesn't get homefield. It is what it is, and we're a playoff team. Doesn't matter how we got there, you play the season, and at the end our body of work made us one of the top 6 teams, and that's all that matters.

Bowser
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
the bears had the softest schedule in the NFL. why does nobody bring that up? or the fact the jets had the best defense in the 2nd half as the season in points allowed? the jets ddin't pick their schedule but they beat enough teams to guarentee a spot. you guys only beat enugh teams to give yourself a chance with some luck and you got lucky

Again.....

Time's Yours
01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Did anybody watch that press conference? I loved it.

I agree with Herm completely. We won enough games to get in. So did the other 11 teams.

I guess every team is lucky to earn their respective seed because the teams under them lost more games?

The Broncos are just unlucky because we beat the Jags?

Nzoner
01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Personally, It is what it is, and we're a playoff team.

Enough said,argument over.

The Red Sea
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
You know I would also add I could care less How we got in..BUT...To be a Giants fan right now...Ummm I'm not sure how I'd feel exactly.
The NFC is just so soooo bad.
To get in with an 8-8 record..ouch.

The SAD thing is the Giants actually could win next week.
If Hassleback was playing up to par I'd go with the SeaHags..but hes not.
There are no super teams in the NFC.

RNR
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Every team plays 16 games, at the end of the season the best 12 go to the playoffs. You are in or going home. I dont think KC will do much but they won enough games to get in end of story.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Luck has nothing to do with it. At the end of the season, they look at everyone's records, and the teams that do the best get into the playoffs. The Chiefs are one of those teams, and I might add that they're riding a two-game winning streak heading into the first game.

It's ludicrous to say that luck played a role. Did we win a coin flip or anything?*

* Having said that, I look forward to the day at some point when the tiebreaker comes down to a coin flip. Can you imagine the losing team's fans' reactions?

Deberg_1990
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
The NFC is just so soooo bad.
To get in with an 8-8 record..ouch.

Its happened a couple of times before. Even in the early 90's when there were fewer playoff teams let in.

I dont think any 8-8 has ever won a playoff game before though? I could be wrong??

Red Dawg
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
It is unusual that the exact teams who were all at home lost and needed to win but Herm is right. We won and they didn't. We have enough wins and they do not. That's not luck. Unusual is what it is.

el borracho
01-01-2007, 05:25 PM
In related news, Herm Edwards angrily denies that the sun rises in the east and takes offense at the suggestion that water is wet.
Technically, the sun does not rise in the East (although that is the common misconception based on myopic perspective).

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Every team plays 16 games, at the end of the season the best 12 go to the playoffs. You are in or going home. I dont think KC will do much but they won enough games to get in end of story.

the best 12 don't go. the best 6 in each division do. if the best 12 went then cincy and den would be in over the giants and cowboys

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
How can he not see that luck played a major role? Is he that into himself?

Come on...The Chiefs by virtue of the win did not get into the playoffs. They had to have three absolute long shot events happen that they had no influence on not any control over. And Herm get all in a snit cause someboidy says we lucked in?

No Herm baby, it was more like backed in...slow, eyes closed backed in. So dont get all huffy. Maybe you can put on some act that you hope will make people think the Chiefs got there because of your marvelous coaching. But the rest of the world will not buy it.

The Chiefs are in cause a lot of other folks didnt close the deal and we got lucky. Period. Now, you go win in Indy and do it with power, then people may start to listen. But if you come home from Indy beaten badly....it will always be seen as pure unadulterated old fashioned Luck.

Lets see it happen Saturday.

doomy3
01-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I suppose so. But more comes into it than that...there is the matter of how the games were won/lost. Yes, they didn't take care of business, but both the Broncos and Bengals lost in pretty bizarre ways. Both in OT. Bengals at home missing a short FG at the end of regulation to end up having to go to OT. Broncos giving up a 13 point lead at home, winning the OT coin flip (practically a guarantee of winning with Elam kicking) and having 2 posessions in OT without getting in FG range. C'mon, that goes beyond not taking care of business.

Look, believe it or not I am happy we've made the playoffs. I just think it's silly to deny that we got lucky. I understand the concept of motivation...but the players are grownups, and it's possible to admit to them that we got lucky without putting them down, making them think they don't deserve to be there, etc. It's just such a cheap, lame mind game.

This argument of how the Broncos and Bengals blew it is comical. The Way those games ended? That's why we're lucky?

Well, in that case, it should have never come down to those games if we hadn't had such bad "luck" against Cleveland when we blew our 14 point lead in the 4th. How "unlucky" was that?

Or, it was extremely "unlucky" that the Broncos beat us 9-6 because the game went into overtime. Very similar to the 2 games yesterday. But, I guess we were just "unlucky" that day too.

Man, if only we weren't so unlucky those 2 games, then we would be sitting at 11-5 and would be a force in the playoffs. If only we weren't so "unlucky"...

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Come on...The Chiefs by virtue of the win did not get into the playoffs. They had to have three absolute long shot events happen that they had no influence on not any control over. And Herm get all in a snit cause someboidy says we lucked in?

No Herm baby, it was more like backed in...slow, eyes closed backed in. So dont get all huffy. Maybe you can put on some act that you hope will make people think the Chiefs got there because of your marvelous coaching. But the rest of the world will not buy it.

The Chiefs are in cause a lot of other folks didnt close the deal and we got lucky. Period. Now, you go win in Indy and do it with power, then people may start to listen. But if you come home from Indy beaten badly....it will always be seen as pure unadulterated old fashioned Luck.

great post. finally a chiefs fan here that can be honost about his team.

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
every team in the NFC lucked into the playoffs

Sure-Oz
01-01-2007, 05:33 PM
We did our part to win, others lost for us to get in, so what. Luck is if they magically opened another spot for us to have. Who cares, we are in period. Everything finally went our way, those teams didn't take care of business when destiny was in their own hands in the last week.

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
This argument of how the Broncos and Bengals blew it is comical. The Way those games ended? That's why we're lucky?

Well, in that case, it should have never come down to those games if we hadn't had such bad "luck" against Cleveland when we blew our 14 point lead in the 4th. How "unlucky" was that?

Or, it was extremely "unlucky" that the Broncos beat us 9-6 because the game went into overtime. Very similar to the 2 games yesterday. But, I guess we were just "unlucky" that day too.

Man, if only we weren't so unlucky those 2 games, then we would be sitting at 11-5 and would be a force in the playoffs. If only we weren't so "unlucky"...
the broncos blew it cause they ddin't win. cincy however blew it cause the chokes on an XP and a FG taht would have put them in the playoffs that was a chip shot

Bowser
every team in the NFC lucked into the playoffs

No shit. They're all lucky to be in the NFC.

Jenson71
great post. finally a chiefs fan here that can be honost about his team.

Finally? I thought there just was finally one 5 minutes ago? :banghead:

doomy3
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
the broncos blew it cause they ddin't win. cincy however blew it cause the chokes on an XP and a FG taht would have put them in the playoffs that was a chip shot

And the Chiefs did their job and didn't blow it.

So they are into the playoffs. Now you finally make sense.

RNR
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
the best 12 don't go. the best 6 in each division do. if the best 12 went then cincy and den would be in over the giants and cowboys
I understand your point, in this case I dont see much difference in the teams you listed.

StcChief
01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Agreed. We won / other teams DIDNOT win. We are in.

Had we won Cleveland game it won't matter.

We did enough to get in.

Sorry Cincy (look for a new Kicker). Karma for Trent hit?

Sorry Titans, you had a good run with Vince Young,
your an up and coming team.

Sorry Donxs. (not really). The team that beat you isn't the same one we 41-0. earlier.
You didn't deserve it with Cuntler.

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 05:43 PM
No one will call it luck if Herm can get a big time solid win in Indy. But if we go in there and start throwing INTs all over and get eaten by Payton Manning...argueably the best coverage reader QB out there...and Manning audibles his way one end to the other...it could be ugly. Your Cover 2 will be shreaded by Payton Manning. And he is a lot more mobile than you want to think about.

So Herm freaking deal with the game plan and quit getting on your little pulpit and ranting about what people think...Just freaking do the job and move on.

Listening to Herm will long term be proven to cause a loss of brain activity.

doomy3
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
No one will call it luck if Herm can get a big time solid win in Indy. But if we go in there and start throwing INTs all over and get eaten by Payton Manning...argueably the best coverage reader QB out there...and Manning audibles his way one end to the other...it could be ugly. Your Cover 2 will be shreaded by Payton Manning. And he is a lot more mobile than you want to think about.

So Herm freaking deal with the game plan and quit getting on your little pulpit and ranting about what people think...Just freaking do the job and move on.

Listening to Herm will long term be proven to cause a loss of brain activity.

Well, I guess your name lies huh? Since when do people refer to their team as your? Maybe your board name should be HonestJetsTroll

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Yea Ive only been going to Chiefs games as a season ticket holder for over 20 years cause I want to be called a troll by some moron like you.

In short, dont bother me.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-01-2007, 05:53 PM
luck = when preparation meets opportunity.

plbrdude
01-01-2007, 05:54 PM

lets see; no win in oakland or at home against jax guarentees no chance for a play off spot. win those games as we did, you have a shot. we did not back in because the donks couldn't man up. i'm with herm on this one.

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
apparently alot of people agree with me that the jets ahve a chance

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2721

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
No one cares about the Jets. Thats pretty easy to understand

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
No one cares about the Jets. Thats pretty easy to understand

the poll begs to differ

out of 35,000 votes

44+ percent think the jets will take the NFC
6 percent think the chiefs will

doomy3
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
the poll begs to differ

out of 35,000 votes

The poll must be flawed if these numbers are accurate.

Clearly, the Jets play in the AFC.

Or, maybe you're just a moron.

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
The poll must be flawed if these numbers are accurate.

Clearly, the Jets play in the AFC.

it was my typo. i meant AFC, i dodn't edit it cause i though you'd be smart enuogh to know its a typo. i guess i was wrong

HonestChieffan
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Based on Polls Hillary Clinton will be president.

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Based on Polls Hillary Clinton will be president.

i'd like to see taht poll

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
luck = when preparation meets opportunity.

this goes under blind luck too

stevieray
01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Good...I hope Herm runs with it...I hope he gets them hungry and angry as underdogs who don't "deserve" it.

CosmicPal
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Good...I hope Herm runs with it...I hope he gets them hungry and angry as underdogs who don't "deserve" it.

Yep. I hope the players hear nothing about how LUCKY they were to be playing in the playoffs all week long- it ought to be sound motivation to get their asses ready and justify winning a football game.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2007, 06:29 PM
the poll begs to differ

out of 35,000 votes

Umm, is there a reason you're here pimping the Jets?

Oh, and by the way, if you polled people on the chances of KC making the post-season yesterday morning I'd be surprised if you'd have even gotten up to 6%. So what's the point?

plbrdude
01-01-2007, 06:29 PM
it was my typo. i meant AFC, i dodn't edit it cause i though you'd be smart enuogh to know its a typo. i guess i was wrong

it's hard to see that sometimes. sometimes it's easier to think someone an idiot.

jetsfan115
01-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Umm, is there a reason you're here pimping the Jets?

Oh, and by the way, if you polled people on the chances of KC making the post-season yesterday morning I'd be surprised if you'd have even gotten up to 6%. So what's the point?

yeah but its cause u needed luck. now there is no luck. its win or lose. most people think you will lose against a cold colts team with no defense. u might have another shootout like when you played the colts last time in teh playoffs and nobody punted till the 4th quarter

stevieray
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
yeah but its cause u needed luck. now there is no luck. its win or lose. most people think you will lose against a cold colts team with no defense. u might have another shootout like when you played the colts last time in teh playoffs and nobody punted till the 4th quarter

nobody punted in that game.

If the Chiefs got lucky, it's not any more than any other team receives during the season.

L.A. Chieffan
espn poll: Chiefs have best chance to upset in the first round 37%. Jets have least chance to upset Pats, 15%.
http://espn.go.com/

Sure-Oz
If I were you i wouldn't be concerned with how we play and worry about your jets team against NE. I'd rather face Indy then NE.

L.A. Chieffan
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
espn poll: Chiefs have best chance to upset in the first round 37%. Jets have least chance to upset Pats, 15%.
LOL, even the state of Indiana gives the Chiefs the best chance to upset. Those are some good fans.

CosmicPal
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Interesting. Even 39% of those polled in Indiana picked the Chiefs to upset the Colts

TN_Chief
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
If I were you i wouldn't be concerned with how we play and worry about your jets team against NE. I'd rather face Indy then NE.Amen to that. Unless the Colts get a defense transplant in the next few days, they're in trouble.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm loving this playoff appearance even more now. Jets fans are here crying that the Chiefs are undeserving. They came here when we were 0-2 and gave us the "herm speech".

Jets fans went back home when their team started winning. But low and behold, a few are still here to tell us how right they are/were.

So, for the final time, I'm going to tell Jets fans that many of us Chief fans didn't like the hire. Some of us still don't like the hire (like me.) But Herm's here. And the Chiefs are in the playoffs.

You can call it backing in, or say the Chiefs are undeserving or qualify it in any way that makes you feel you're right. It changes nothing. Herm is the coach. The Chiefs are in the playoffs.
Next week, when we drive a stake through the Colts by mauling that shiot run defense with LJ, and the Pats get finished laying the wood to you clowns, you come on back here and tell me how undeserving the Chiefs are.

munkey
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM

Your just pissed your jets are not playing the colts....

Face it...The J..E..T..S.. are done.

Quit trolling.

dirk digler
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM
The Chiefs won their last 2 games while the other teams choked. That isn't luck it happens all the time in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2007, 06:47 PM

the football gods were finally smiling on the chiefs yesterday, as they were upon the jets during the entire season, giving them the easiest schedule that I have ever witnessed.

doomy3
01-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Your just pissed your jets are not playing the colts....

Face it...The J..E..T..S.. are done.

Quit trolling.

The Jets would get destroyed by the Colts. The whole reason we have such a good chance against them is our running game. The Jets combination of Washington/Barlow/Houston/the water boy at the running back position is a joke.

BigRedChief
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
He's just playing the us against the world card. No one respects us. No one thinks we deserve to be here etc etc. Probably selling that to the team right now.

How can you deny you were a longshot to make it into the playoffs? That it took 2 overtime wins by underdogs on the road to do it? But thats ookkkkaaayyy...

How many times does the best team make it to the Super Bowl? We may not be the best or most talented team in the playoffs but we are in and 7 out of the last 8 years we haven't been in this position. Just enjoy the ride.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Ill enjoy every minute of this ride. Its so weird to think how excited i am for the playoffs when in the 90s we were in it every single year. It almost feels like the royals making the playoffs or something man, lol.

Shamrock
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't think the Chiefs "lucked" into the playoffs. There are 16 games, and winning the right ones pays off in tiebreakers.

Seattle is "lucky" IMO, because they play in an absolutely crap division. Same with all the NFC East teams that are in the playoffs, as NONE of them would make the postseason in the AFC.

KC has a great chance vs. Indy, IMO. Same with the Jets vs the Pats (NYJ already beat NE in Foxboro this year).

See y'all in a couple weeks ....... http://forums.bolttalk.net/images/smilies/chargers.gif

InChiefsHeaven
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I hope we meet the Jets in the AFC Championship game...imagine the media build on that one...

Chief Faithful
01-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Keep it up, remember, we are laughing at you not with you. You are pure entertainment that is why nobody is having a serious football discussion with you. Stick around we are not through having fun at your expense. :o)

the Talking Can
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Next week, when we drive a stake through the Colts by mauling that shiot run defense with LJ, and the Pats get finished laying the wood to you clowns, you come on back here and tell me how undeserving the Chiefs are.

BOO-YA

mlyonsd
01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm sure the majority of jets fans are decent people.

That being said the ones that troll on other team's boards must be the same 10 or 20 that sit in the stands at the draft and look like complete idiots.

KrazyKorean4
01-01-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree with Herm. Whoever says we lucked our way into the playoffs or that we were handed the last playoff spot is a fool. Plain and simple. We did what we had to do to get into the playoffs. The other teams didn't. They had their shot. There aren't 5 playoff spots. There are 6, and we got that last one. We earned it. Even though it a long shot. It all comes down to how many games we won. We won enough to get in. The other teams didn't. They blew it, we took the oppurtunity and shoved it down there throats. And we'll prove, without a doubt, that we belong in the playoffs come Saturday when we run over those Colts.

blueballs
01-01-2007, 07:42 PM
they pick the best 6 records from the AFC
and the best 6 records from the NFC
it's not luck it's simple

Reerun_KC
01-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Well lets hope Herm is done throwing is little temper tantrum and starts preparing this team for INDY....

Does matter what happened yesterday, the regular season is over. Now it is time for the playoffs...

So STFU Herm and start preparing your team! We dont need another showing like the Pittsburg game.

Direckshun
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
"I wasn't born at night." ????

stevieray
01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Well lets hope Herm is done throwing is little temper tantrum and starts preparing this team for INDY....

Does matter what happened yesterday, the regular season is over. Now it is time for the playoffs...

So STFU Herm and start preparing your team! We dont need another showing like the Pittsburg game.

:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
:rolleyes:

That is what I was thinking when I was listening to his press conference today.... :rolleyes:

Iowanian
01-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd like nothing more than to see the Chiefs go into the playoffs feeling disrespected...pissed off and roll into Indy with a bad attitude and bad intentions.

I'd like to see Peyton pounded so flat, he looks like a fathead.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I'd like nothing more than to see the Chiefs go into the playoffs feeling disrespected...pissed off and roll into Indy with a bad attitude and bad intentions.

I'd like to see Peyton pounded so flat, he looks like a fathead.

absolutely!!! REP to you!

Easy 6
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
It has been one HELL of a year, Tragedy, Triumph & Heartache all season.

I DO NOT CARE how it happened.

Whatever we did, it must have been JUST enough.

I get to look forward to ATLEAST a week of KANSAS CITY CHIEF PLAYOFF FOOTBALL COVERAGE.

Followed by a game that we have a very LEGIT shot of winning & i hope Herm is whipping them into an INFERNO :fire: of DISRESPECT.

Its going to be a good week... :arrow:

Color Red
01-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Before the season, no one knows how many wins it will take to get into the playoffs as a division winner or wild card.

After the season is completed, anyone can look at who got into the playoffs, accounting for the all the tie-breakers if need be.

Set aside the long shot scenarios needed to come together on the final regular season day for the final qualifying teams to get in.

The point really is, essentially with the teams on the bubble, there will be many scenarios looked back on by teams that barely make it and teams that barely miss it, that have to do with getting in or being eliminated.

Probably every fifth or sixth seed, and to a lesser degree even division winners (Philadelphia Eagles this year) can look back on numerous plays, enough that went well enough their way to create enough success for them to get into the playoff round.

Call it luck if you want, or terrible misfortune. Like the Bengals muffing an extra point kick. But in the sum total of the sixteen game schedule, according to the measurements of the NFL, the Chiefs had one of the top six success records of the AFC.

FD
01-01-2007, 11:02 PM
What happened Sunday may have been improbable, but its not "luck" to win 9 games in a season, including important division games, in the NFL. Cinci, Denver, and the Titans all showed how hard it is to win that many games. We got it done, and we earned our spot in the playoffs.

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
The funny thing about the whole "luck" thing is that people are only thinking about the final week. If the schedules had been shuffled around and last week's games had all been played in Week 4 and vice versa, no one would even think about that combination of wins and losses. It was just as "lucky" that Cincinnati lost in Week 5 and Denver lost in Week 11 and Tennessee lost in Week 8 and we won in Week 7.*

* Okay, I made up the weeks, so don't go looking them up and correcting me. It's a hypothetical example.

mdstu
01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
After watching the video on Chiefs website, it is my opinion that Herm was just being Herm and he was hardly angry.

Hell he even makes a point to tell all the reporters that it is his job to get his players in a mindset and that was what he was doing.

I'm sure he could care less if it was luck or not and I'm sure he could care less what everyone else thinks about it. He is just getting his team ready for next week.

Discuss Thrower
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
LUCK would be if we lost on Sunday, yet were still in the position that TEN/CIN/DEN losses would get us a playoff berth. THAT would be luck.