PDA

View Full Version : Enough about Trent versus Damon......

Chief Nute
01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I would surely think that everyone in here is smart enough to realize that our REAL key to victory does not lie within the hands of Trent or Damon........it is with LJ and the gameplan around LJ.

LJ has carried the ball 30+ times 6 times this year and we are 6-0 in those games.

Trent and/or Damon have never been asked to win a ballgame this year. The only game that sticks out in my mind that was pseudo won by a QB this year was the Arizona game, but if you recall LJ had over 100 yards receiving in that game, which meant that Damon was making a lot of dumpoffs and screens and letting the real star of the team make the plays.

Damon did a great job at not losing the games this year. Trent needs to do a better job of that. Trent is used to playing in a more open offense like of years past, and tries to find guys downfield, when he really needs to re-learn how to just check down and dump-off or throw it away.

Bottomline is that if we must control the clock. LJ HAS to get 30+ carries in this game, and that means run the ball even if we fall down by 2 scores early. Our passing game will NEVER work if they know it is coming and Freeney can tee off on Trent and play the pass 100%.

Another bottom line is....for Christ sakes WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS by a miracle. We have NOTHING to lose. Yea, Trent isnt playing his best football, but this is his football team. I dont know about you guys, but I am going to enjoy Trent getting possibly his last shot to prove that he is a winner.

So in the words of Jake Taylor........"Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do........WIN THE WHOLE FOCKING THING"

Mr. Laz
01-02-2007, 01:07 PM
i disagree ...

i think the key to winning the game is with our passing game.

if we can pass enough(without turnovers) to keep the defense honest we win.

Our passing needs to allow our running game to win.

Our running game needs to keep our defense off the field.

Our defense needs to not collapse(especially early) so that our offense can play ball control.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Yea, Trent isnt playing his best football, but this is his football team. I dont know about you guys, but I am going to enjoy Trent getting possibly his last shot to prove that he is a winner.

Frankly, I couldn't give a sh*t if George Blanda were quarterbacking the Chiefs this year in the playoffs, as long as they WIN. The Chiefs need to WIN, regardless of who's at QB.

If the Chiefs lose trying to "prove" that Trent Green is a winner, then this organization is dumber than I thought.

L.A. Chieffan
01-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Whoever has the most points on the board when the clock reads 00:00, wins the game.
That's my theory anyways.

Fire Me Boy!
01-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Whoever has the most points on the board when the clock reads 00:00, wins the game.
That's my theory anyways.
Your and idiot. Herm already told us you don't try to outscore your opponent on the road!

dj56dt58
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Regardless of how many times LJ runs the ball, the QB still manages the game. Huard has managed the game much better than Trent has this season, and has thrown a lot less picks. Hell, if we only throw the ball 10 times, with Trent theres probably 2-3 picks, where with Huard there is probably 2-3 td passes

L.A. Chieffan
01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Your and idiot. Herm already told us you don't try to outscore your opponent on the road!
:hmmm: I never looked at it that way. I guess we could paper rock scissors them at the end.
I always go rock first.

Chief Nute
01-02-2007, 01:17 PM
i disagree ...

i think the key to winning the game is with our passing game.

if we can pass enough(without turnovers) to keep the defense honest we win.

Our passing needs to allow our running game to win.

Our running game needs to keep our defense off the field.

Our defense needs to not collapse(especially early) so that our offense can play ball control.

It is kinda like the chicken and the egg......I think we are on the same page, except we disagree on what came first, lol

I believe that we need to be able to run first, so that our play action etc will work.

Sounds like you believe that we will need to be able to drop back and pass so that they cant load the box.

I think both are legitimate arguments, but I would contend that this team is run first, pass second, thus, that is why I think that we have to run to open up the passing game, and not vice versa

Hammock Parties
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
"Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do........WIN THE WHOLE FOCKING THING"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWrY4faPpiU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWrY4faPpiU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chief Nute
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Frankly, I couldn't give a sh*t if George Blanda were quarterbacking the Chiefs this year in the playoffs, as long as they WIN. The Chiefs need to WIN, regardless of who's at QB.

If the Chiefs lose trying to "prove" that Trent Green is a winner, then this organization is dumber than I thought.

I dont think the Chiefs are trying to prove that Trent Green is a winner. I would hope they think that already, which is why he got his starting job back in the first place.

I am not directing this to anyone inparticular, however, guys that have been saying that Trent hasn't won anything in his career......however, how many times in Trent's career has he and his offense been the only thing about the team that showed any heart? The offense would go out and ask the defense to hold JUST ONCE, and could they? NO. Trent has shown that he is a winner in my book (not that my book matters).

All I was saying is that I am excited to see Trent in a situation where his defense can give him a fighting chance to try and take the Chiefs deep into the playoffs. Trent is no dummy, and in fact is a pretty smart guy. I am confident that he will manage the game in a way that will give us a chance to win come Saturday.

L.A. Chieffan
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Pedro Cerrano plays DT on the Chiefs?

"Jobu help me sack Qb very good. On boot leg, Jobu afraid."

Fire Me Boy!
01-02-2007, 01:35 PM

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/sl8rock51/jobu.jpg

Mr. Laz
01-02-2007, 02:15 PM
It is kinda like the chicken and the egg......I think we are on the same page, except we disagree on what came first, lol

true ... but the reason i put the passing game first is because imo it's the bigger unknown.

imo our running has proven it can be effective this season as long as the passing game can just do enough to keep the defense from slapping 9 guys in the box.

imo the key domino to fall is the passing game ... IF it can keep the defense honest, then the rest of the team has a chance to do what it's capable of.

Calcountry
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
true ... but the reason i put the passing game first is because imo it's the bigger unknown.

imo our running has proven it can be effective this season as long as the passing game can just do enough to keep the defense from slapping 9 guys in the box.

imo the key domino to fall is the passing game ... IF it can keep the defense honest, then the rest of the team has a chance to do what it's capable of.Hopefully, the passing game can be effective on first down early in the game. I would gameplan 3 passes on each of our first 3 first downs. Hopefully they occur all on the first drive. I would also have a basic screen, not the fancy ass fake the handoff fake reverse. I would run that in our first 3rd and long.

First Second and long(greater than 7 yards to go, I would have a delayed draw play.) I wouldn't go to the run run pass until we had the ball and the lead so with this gameplan it will be essential for our Defense to make plays once we score, and WE ARE GOING TO SCORE EVERY DAMN TIME WE TOUCH THE BALL THIS SATURDAY DAMMIT.

Heck, Plumber was able to do it earlier this year, it shouldn't be too hard.

Deberg_1990
01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
The key to winning the game is not to commit any dumb turnovers. Dont give an already potent Indy offense any easy points. Make them work the whole field for everything.

Knowing that, which QB has shown a propensisty to commit turnovers and maybe more importantly, give up field position when he does???

Bowser
01-02-2007, 05:00 PM

"Is ver bad to drink Jobu's rum. Is VER bad."

Halfcan
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Enough enough enough I have had enough of the enough threads-enough already-enough is enough.