PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to wait until wildcard weekend is over?

Archie F. Swin
01-03-2007, 08:13 AM
To find out who we play next, or do we get one of the bye teams?

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 08:13 AM
We play San Diego if we beat Indianapolis.

morphius
01-03-2007, 08:14 AM
We are the lowest seed, so assuming a win we would play the highest seed, which is the Chargers.

robito
01-03-2007, 08:14 AM
You would paly Baltimore you ****ing retard.

Halfcan
01-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Can someone wake up a mod so they can take out the Mange trash.

Archie F. Swin
01-03-2007, 08:19 AM
What would be the most favorable match up for us? Any team on which Tomlinson is not on the roster?

morphius
01-03-2007, 08:26 AM
What would be the most favorable match up for us? Any team on which Tomlinson is not on the roster?
We played really well against them last time, but really I'm not going to worry too much about that until the Chiefs actually beat Indy in the playoff's for once.

dirk digler
01-03-2007, 08:32 AM
First we have to win against Indy which isn't going to be easy. I have a feeling some people here are thinking that beating Indy is almost guaranteed.

Archie F. Swin
01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Dare to Dream....we've been doing it all year

Bob Dole
01-03-2007, 09:16 AM
First we have to win against Indy which isn't going to be easy. I have a feeling some people here are thinking that beating Indy is almost guaranteed.

Anyone who thinks that hasn't been following this team for very long...

Carlota69
01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
If we manage to get past Indy, we will definetly play SD. If that happens, I've got tickets.

Speaking of, get this: the chargers have a special right now on 07 season tickets. Purchase season tix and get playoff tickets for this year. can you beleive this? So these guys I work with went in and bought tix worth $900 and now they have 2 tickets to this years playoffs. They could possibly make $$$ on this deal. I dont think any other franchise, even Houston has season tix available.

SD's fan base sux!!!!

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 09:21 AM
We would play San Diego.

RINGLEADER
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
If we manage to get past Indy, we will definetly play SD. If that happens, I've got tickets.

Not to get ahead of ourselves but I'm going as well. If they make it past Indy we MUST have a Planet get-together in San Diego.

Bowser
01-03-2007, 11:17 AM

Speaking of, get this: the chargers have a special right now on 07 season tickets. Purchase season tix and get playoff tickets for this year. can you beleive this? So these guys I work with went in and bought tix worth $900 and now they have 2 tickets to this years playoffs. They could possibly make $$$ on this deal. I dont think any other franchise, even Houston has season tix available.

SD's fan base sux!!!!

Wow. The very definition of "fair weather".

Isn't San Diego having a hard time trying to get their new stadium built? This may be some type of pre-emptive move against the city by the Chargers to get the process moving.

Carlota69
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Not to get ahead of ourselves but I'm going as well. If they make it past Indy we MUST have a Planet get-together in San Diego.

4 Sho!!!!!!!!

penchief
01-03-2007, 01:12 PM
To find out who we play next, or do we get one of the bye teams?

Archie, think about it.............

How could we play a bye team if they have a bye?

That's a good one, though.

Archie F. Swin
01-03-2007, 01:44 PM
(((thinking....)))

ummm.....yep

Buck
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM

SD's fan base sux!!!!

I bet you more than half the franchises do. Plus we got a crappy stadium that isnt very fan friendly, seats in the shade are cold as sh*t and seats in the sun are hot as fu*k. Thats why we need a new stadium.

Simplex3
01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I bet you more than half the franchises do. Plus we got a crappy stadium that isnt very fan friendly, seats in the shade are cold as sh*t and seats in the sun are hot as fu*k. Thats why we need a new stadium.
Oh, so you guys need a new stadium because you're weak?

1. How warm do you think it is in KC/Green Bay/etc in December?
2. You guys think SHADE and SUN only happen in CA?

sd4chiefs
01-03-2007, 03:19 PM

As of January 1st the Chargers can talk to other cities outside of San Diego County about a new stadium. The Chargers are saying all the right things right now about how they want to stay in San Diego but I bet in a couple of months they get an offer from some other city for major bucks and they will be moving.

FringeNC
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM

..the irony...

jersey
01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
(snip)

I dont think any other franchise, even Houston has season tix available.

Dude - I hate to burst your bubble, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Several teams fight to sell out games. Real quick research shows Raiders had two games not sell out, and the Bills couldn't sell out at least three games. I'm sure if I searched it out even further I'd find several NFL teams that didn't sell all their season tickets.

The Chargers are no exception to this.

Plus, the Chargers offering playoff tickets for new season ticket holders for 2007 is good business. I'd also add this - I travel too much to make buying season tickets worth while (I just don't feel like unloading 6 out of 8 games). Having said that, though, I, like numerous fans, am nervous about the Chargers' stadium situation and are having a hard time committing to this franchise. I'd find it hard upping for 2007 season tickets right now with the threat of the team being gone for the 2008 season.

Buck
01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
You also have to remember that a lot of people in San Diego have moved here from other cities and have other favorite teams. Anyways, if we get a new stadium I bet we will sell out with season tickets.

sd4chiefs
01-03-2007, 04:02 PM

In San Diego 'cold as sh*t' is when the temperature is below 60 and 'hot as fu*k' is when it is above 80.

Carlota69
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
(snip)

Dude - I hate to burst your bubble, but you really don't know what you're talking about. Several teams fight to sell out games. Real quick research shows Raiders had two games not sell out, and the Bills couldn't sell out at least three games. I'm sure if I searched it out even further I'd find several NFL teams that didn't sell all their season tickets.

The Chargers are no exception to this.

Plus, the Chargers offering playoff tickets for new season ticket holders for 2007 is good business. I'd also add this - I travel too much to make buying season tickets worth while (I just don't feel like unloading 6 out of 8 games). Having said that, though, I, like numerous fans, am nervous about the Chargers' stadium situation and are having a hard time committing to this franchise. I'd find it hard upping for 2007 season tickets right now with the threat of the team being gone for the 2008 season.

Fair enough.

My point really was that I was surprised that you could get playoff tickets. I would imagine that it would be difficult to get playoff tix if the game were in say--KC. And with the history of Charger home games being another home game for the opposing team (the stadium being half-filled withe the other teams fans) is what i was alluding to.

But I can imagine the instability of the team and stadium would hurt any franchise in in city.

bogie
01-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I saw a bracket that showed San Diego plays the winner of Jets v NE and if we beat Indi we play Baltimore. It seems that bracket may be wrong. Will someone lead me to an accurate playoff bracket?
Thanks.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I saw a bracket that showed San Diego plays the winner of Jets v NE and if we beat Indi we play Baltimore. It seems that bracket may be wrong. Will someone lead me to an accurate playoff bracket?
Thanks.

It's always highest remaining seed vs. lowest remaining seed.

1 - SD
2 - Balt
3 - Indy
4 - NE
5 - Jets
6 - Chiefs

Wild card is 4 vs. 5 and 3 vs. 6.

If Indy wins, they play Baltimore and whoever wins the other game plays SD. If we win, we play San Diego and the winner of the other game plays Baltimore.

bogie
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
It's always highest remaining seed vs. lowest remaining seed.

1 - SD
2 - Balt
3 - Indy
4 - NE
5 - Jets
6 - Chiefs

Wild card is 4 vs. 5 and 3 vs. 6.

If Indy wins, they play Baltimore and whoever wins the other game plays SD. If we win, we play San Diego and the winner of the other game plays Baltimore.

Oh I get it. Thank you very much.

jersey
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
My point really was that I was surprised that you could get playoff tickets. I would imagine that it would be difficult to get playoff tix if the game were in say--KC. And with the history of Charger home games being another home game for the opposing team (the stadium being half-filled withe the other teams fans) is what i was alluding to.

But I can imagine the instability of the team and stadium would hurt any franchise in in city.

From what I understand, the only way one could get playoff tickets was to be a season ticket holder, be a "mini-pack" (or whatever their 4 game deal is called) holder, or buy new season tickets for 2007. I don't think you could buy them off the street.

However, I will spot you that Charger fans have a terrible time of putting their own fans into their own stadium - to the point where the Chargers put together a marketing campaign to encourage fans to not sell their Raiders tickets. (Of course, any sane fan wants to avoid Raider fan)

Kweens
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
If we win, we play San Diego and the winner of the other game plays Baltimore.
------------------------

Hello, calling Tamba. Please shut your freakin' mouth if you ever play San Diego! That's the last thing the Chiefs need, a bulletin board material that will irritate the opposing team.

Carlota69
01-03-2007, 04:37 PM
From what I understand, the only way one could get playoff tickets was to be a season ticket holder, be a "mini-pack" (or whatever their 4 game deal is called) holder, or buy new season tickets for 2007. I don't think you could buy them off the street.

However, I will spot you that Charger fans have a terrible time of putting their own fans into their own stadium - to the point where the Chargers put together a marketing campaign to encourage fans to not sell their Raiders tickets. (Of course, any sane fan wants to avoid Raider fan)

yeah, that's right. My friends bought 07 season tix, that's how they got playoff tix. Looks like they are going to get some of their $ back, just by selling their playoff tix.

Smart move on their part.

KCJohnny
01-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Actually, aside from that once in a blue moon 90 yard TD, Tomlinson has had some pretty Clark Kent type games against our D. IF we make it as far as a 2nd playoff game, SD would be the best possible match up for us. At least we beat them once and beat the snot out of their QB the 2nd time in a game where we held them to their lowest point total at home for the season. Its far from hopeless.

Bowser
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
------------------------

Hello, calling Tamba. Please shut your freakin' mouth if you ever play San Diego! That's the last thing the Chiefs need, a bulletin board material that will irritate the opposing team.

I'm thinking Tamba had his way with Shane Olivea. A sack and a pick is a pretty good night.

boogblaster
01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
GO CHIEFS FRICK SD