PDA

View Full Version : According to the pundits, we only have one player on our team.

TinyEvel
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I've been home sick for two days, so I've had the benefit (detriment?) of watching TV all day, catching all the playoff prediction shows.
I must say I'm pretty stoked that most, if not all, the guys are picking us to beat the Colts. The thing that surprises me is the ONLY reason they're giving is LJ versus the 32-ranked Indy Run D. I mean, it's like there's NO other reason they're talking about.
Sure it's such a glaring imbalance that you've got to take notice. But I think because of that, there's got to be plenty of prep by Indy for this.
But nobody's talking babout if/how we're supposed to stop Peyton and Addai.
It's like the sports guys are completely discounting Indy's 8-0 home record, our road record, Peyton's abilities vs. our pass D, etc. I'm not saying we're gonna lose. I like our chances, but it's just weird that the segment on our game is LJ, LJ, LJ, and that's it.

I hope it either comes true, that LJ runs all over them. Or that we let them stack the box all day and we play action and dink and dunk our way to 40 points.

FD
01-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I really don't like how we've become the "popular" upset pick for evreybody, it just gives me a bad feeling. Especially because its based entirely on that one aspect of the game. I'd much rather be going in under the radar.

Than again LJ tends to respond when expectations/pressure is high, so all this talk might get him thinking he's got something to prove, like anything under 180 yds would be a disappointment.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm really only worried about Manning. I think Gunther finds a way to shut down Addai, that's one of the things he does rather well.

Hog Rider
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
They just want to be able to proclaim Peyton a Miracle Worker if they win!

The slobber-fest would be unbearable!

The Rick
01-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm really only worried about Manning. I think Gunther finds a way to shut down Addai, that's one of the things he does rather well.
As I said in another thread, hopefully Ty Law is in Gunther's ear this week teaching him what he learned from Belichek on how to stop Manning...

Bowser
01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm just glad nobody has given away the secret of Kris Wilson thus far.

ct
01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Make no mistake, we are NOT supposed to win this game. If we do, it would be quite an upset. All these media guys are just clammoring to be able to say "Hey I called this upset, look at me!!"

My prediction? Whichever defense forces the most punts wins. Not too complicated.

Which Def. will play best (relatively speaking of course)? We'll see... I do like our chances with Indy, given that we have to play on the road.

Smed1065
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope we win since I bought tickets!

On my way to Indy.........

trndobrd
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
I can't believe the media guys are overlooking Pete Gonzalez.

TinyEvel
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
You mean Tony Rodriguez?

or Tito Gonzalez.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I really don't like how we've become the "popular" upset pick for evreybody, it just gives me a bad feeling. Especially because its based entirely on that one aspect of the game. I'd much rather be going in under the radar.

Than again LJ tends to respond when expectations/pressure is high, so all this talk might get him thinking he's got something to prove, like anything under 180 yds would be a disappointment.

Everyone on the 'Planet screams and yells when Dr. Z or Peter King or Pete Prisco or all the other "liberal, East Coast Media" either ignores the Chiefs or picks against them, yet when that very same media actually BACKS the Chiefs, people don't like that either.

:huh:

Bob Dole
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm just glad nobody has given away the secret of Kris Wilson thus far.

SHUT THE **** UP YOU STOOPID BASTARD!!!11!!

boogblaster
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
LJ LJ LJ LJ think LJ think LJ think LJ....Kennison open on the 3 yard line..ty ...

HMc
01-03-2007, 05:50 PM
frankly, manning scares the sh|t out of me.

Psyko Tek
01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
frankly, manning scares the sh|t out of me.

'specially if gun gets blitz happy
he will pick us a part if they don't get the sack

penchief
01-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I think we've got a chance if Hali and Allen can put a few licks on Manning. How good are their tackles? It might be interesting if our DEs can get some good footing on that turf hit Manning with some force. Hopefully they'll meet at the quarterback often.

Bowser
01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I think we've got a chance if Hali and Allen can put a few licks on Manning. How good are their tackles? It might be interesting if our DEs can get some good footing on that turf hit Manning with some force. Hopefully they'll meet at the quarterback often.

I don't have the numbers, but Manning doesn't get sacked all that often. By anyone.

penchief
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't have the numbers, but Manning doesn't get sacked all that often. By anyone.

True, but we've got two quick DE's playing on turf. I'm hoping that our one real strength on defense can produce some big plays. If not sacks, at least quality pressures that lead to hits on Manning, incompletions, and interceptions.

If we have any chance at all our playmakers are going to have to step up on both sides of the ball. I'm thinking LJ's coming with his A-game and I'm hoping Jared & Tamba do, too. I think they will.

I'm only wishing for my dreams to come true.

digi2fish
01-04-2007, 01:27 AM
LJ LJ LJ LJ think LJ think LJ think LJ....Kennison open on the 3 yard line..ty ...

Herm calls a rush in the middle.