PDA

View Full Version : TMQ picks the Chiefs for the Super Bowl

siberian khatru
01-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Hope this isn't a repost.

Heh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070101

Generic Forecast Update: For seven consecutive seasons, Tuesday Morning Quarterback has offered this generic forecast, "The team goin' to Disney World will come from among the group that did not make the cut for 'Monday Night Football.'" That leaves me as a Kansas City Chiefs man, as the Flintstones are the sole team to qualify for the tournament that did not appear on "Monday Night Football."

Fish
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
The Flintstones? :rolleyes:

sigh.......................... he was probably really proud of himself to come up with that gem too.......

Silock
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
The Flintstones? I . . . don't get it.

siberian khatru
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM

The arrowhead on the helmet.

Like how he refers to the Titans as the Flaming Thumbtacks.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I have a feeling the Flintstones reference has to do with Herm and his "Bam Bam" approach to running the ball...

StcChief
01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
we are doomed.

Archie Bunker
01-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Don't feel bad. I don't get it either.

siberian khatru
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I have a feeling the Flintstones reference has to do with Herm and his "Bam Bam" approach to running the ball...

I'm 99% certain it's helmet-decal related.

Orlandochiefsgrl
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I thought it meant that we haven't been to the super bowl since freakin cave man days.

DMAC
01-03-2007, 03:33 PM
NO Dangitt! We are the underdogs. We shouldn't even be here. uuunnnddderrrdddooogggsss.

http://web.utk.edu/~hunderw1/graphics/underdog.gif

Carlota69
01-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I thought it meant that we haven't been to the super bowl since freakin cave man days.

thats probably it.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm 99% certain it's helmet-decal related.

It probably is. I was just trying to be clever...

Stinger
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Intersting little tidbit from the article

Stat of the Week No. 9: Tony Dungy and Marty Schottenheimer are a combined 314-188 in the regular season and a combined 10-20 in the postseason.

Halfcan
01-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Underdog kicked ass-that was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. That and Groovey Ghoulies.

TinyEvel
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Let's hope it's more Bam Bam and less Schleprock.

Bob Dole
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Someone should be sure to email our Jets troll from yesterday the part about Jersey/A and Jersey/B.

Kweens
01-03-2007, 04:27 PM
we are doomed.
-----------------

Why do people read such stupidities. Don't jump the fence yet.

DMAC
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
-----------------

Why do people read such stupidities. Don't jump the fence yet.That's funny.

teedubya
01-03-2007, 04:50 PM
-----------------

Why do people read such stupidities. Don't jump the fence yet.

----------------

You are back again? Please leave Jetsfan... we dont need you around, Faggoid.

boogblaster
01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Flintstones rocked in my era....

HIChief
01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
In all my 36 years as a Chiefs fan I have never heard "us" referred to as the Flintstones! I think it's hilarious and I love it! In fact, I might put it on my vanity plates.

jaxchiefsclub
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Some Native American arrowheads were made from a material called "flint". I think that is where he is going with this (the arrowhead on the helmet).

WilliamTheIrish
01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll say it again: IF we can beat the Colts, I feel we'll win it all. We can beat the Chargers. And if Baltimore holds true to it's seed, I'd LOVE to the Chiefs get another shot at the Ravens.
Yea, I'm a bit of an optimist.

Monty
01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Underdog kicked ass-that was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. That and Groovey Ghoulies.

And don't leave out Hong Kong Phooey....hehehe.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
At least we aren't the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Peoples.

When did Easterbrook get back onto Page 2?

Speaking of TMQ (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2006/12/tuesday-morning-pretentious.html)...

I Masturbate in a Classier Way Than You Do: Our Cheerleader of the Week is Tiffany of the Redskins. She says her favorite show is Battlestar Galactica! A cheerleader who also likes sci-fi? TMQ is impressed. TMQ is engorged. Now TMQ is manipulating his penis using only his powerful brain waves. TMQ has now spread his incredibly intelligent seed all over his keyboard. Tiffany, we salute you!

Sweet'n'Sour Play Of The Week: Philip Rivers of the Chargers play faked a run, and then threw a pass for a touchdown. The play-fake was sweet. The fact that the defense was comprised mainly of men who did not graduate from their respective colleges, and therefore do not understand the nuances of the play fake as TMQ does, was sour.

80% Of This Column Was Written Using Autotext! DirecTV has a monopoly! There is "dark matter" in the universe! CEO's who fly private planes are ****ing assholes! Coaches only make decisions that will make them look good! No one touched the running back on that run! He shouldn't get any credit! My son Spenser is very advanced and will ruin the curve for your unintelligent child!

'Tis Better to Have Rushed And Lost, Then Never to Have Rushed at All: The Bears led 7-0 with 14:59 left to go in the first quarter. Run out the clock from here and victory is the most likely outcome. Instead, it was pass, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, run, run, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, run, run, run, halftime, pass, pass, run, run, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run, two minute warning, pass, pass. Wait, what happened?

I Actually Wrote This In A Football Column: Attend worship services of any faith or denomination. You have obligations to your Maker and your fellow men and women; it's best not to lose sight of that. (You ****ing shallow heathens.)

I'm So Classy, I Say Cognomen Instead of Nicknames: Reader Frank Johnson of Greenwich, CT, writes, "TMQ, you are so smart. I wish I could be smart like you. But I'm not. I want to hang myself. Anyway, in an attempt to sound as erudite as you, I propose nicknaming the Denver Broncos the Denver Kimchiwannawannnadingdongs, which is ancient Mandarin for 'horses that run'. I'd also like you to use this nickname at all times so that readers won't know what team you're talking about." Mr. Data, make it so!Big Daddy Drew is golden.