PDA

View Full Version : How good will our pass rush be against Indy?

Eric
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I wonder how the Dtackles will do?

Hope everyone ascends to a new level.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I honestly think Allen and Hali will have big games, just because they seem to will their way to making plays.

tk13
01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm expecting Jared Allen to bring it, you know he's gonna be amped.

Rooster
01-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I am looking forward to seeing DJ's speed out on the turf as well. I hope Gun and Company use that in the gameplan via blitz's etc.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I am looking forward to seeing DJ's speed out on the turf as well. I hope Gun and Company use that in the gameplan via blitz's etc.

I'd like to see DJ wrap some people up and miss a few less tackles this weekend. He hasn't played well down the stretch, IMO.

leviw
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure I'm excited about blitzing too much. Might be better to sit back and prevent the big play and keep everything in front of you.

htismaqe
01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure I'm excited about blitzing too much. Might be better to sit back and prevent the big play and keep everything in front of you.

We have to get some pressure. It would be ideal if Allen and Hali could apply the pressure so that we wouldn't have to blitz so much.

leviw
01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
We have to get some pressure. It would be ideal if Allen and Hali could apply the pressure so that we wouldn't have to blitz so much.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Fish
01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I want to see Hali and Allen meet in the middle of a crushed pocket at full speed..... and break Manning's flak jacket.....

leviw
01-03-2007, 04:38 PM
I want to see Hali and Allen meet in the middle of a crushed pocket at full speed..... and break Manning's flak jacket.....

They've done that a lot this year. It seems the quarterback is never in the middle of the sandwich, though. Just Hali and Allen hitting each other at full speed. Effective? No. Comical? Very.

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Our Prevent D sucks. We need to blitz and hope we make Manning throw some crappy passes. Chances are he'll have a big day either way, the d should make it painful.

PastorMikH
01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
One difference could be that Allen and Hali will be chasing down a QB that isn't mobile for the first time in several weeks. That should make for some pressure if Reed and Edwards can get any kind of push so Manning can't step up into the pocket.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 04:46 PM
why would anyone think it would be better than it has been all year?

i mean do you think they haven't been trying?

if getting a 4 man pass rush against Manning was easy then everyone would do it. We better be prepared to be creative in the way we get pressure on Manning.

Priest4Prez
One difference could be that Allen and Hali will be chasing down a QB that isn't mobile for the first time in several weeks. That should make for some pressure if Reed and Edwards can get any kind of push so Manning can't step up into the pocket.
true

leviw
Our Prevent D sucks. We need to blitz and hope we make Manning throw some crappy passes. Chances are he'll have a big day either way, the d should make it painful.

I didn't say anything about a prevent. Just the base Cover 2. Keep everything in front, take a chance at a pick if it presents itself. You don't have to line up 20 yards off a receiver to do that.

Bowser
01-03-2007, 04:47 PM

Exactly.

And count me in as one who is excited to see DJ on turf. I have visions of Manning playing the past of Jason White.....

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I didn't say anything about a prevent. Just the base Cover 2. Keep everything in front, take a chance at a pick if it presents itself. You don't have to line up 20 yards off a receiver to do that.
did you watch the raiders game? We kept everything in front of us. It won't work.

PastorMikH
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM

I don't understand why we are supposed to have 2 of the better CBs in the league and have to help them both out with a safety. Carter and Hasty didn't need help.

(Pastor thinks we are wasting a blitzer with the cover 2)

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't understand why we are supposed to have 2 of the better CBs in the league and have to help them both out with a safety. Carter and Hasty didn't need help.

(Pastor thinks we are wasting a blitzer with the cover 2)
Hasty was an awesome vet., but surtain isn't that great. I hate our zone crap. You always see surtain on tv bump the reciever and leave him alone. At least Law goes for the ball.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 04:55 PM
did you watch the raiders game? We kept everything in front of us. It won't work.
exactly ... against a nobody QB

we better be prepare to bring a well-disguised,huge blitz once per Indy drive in the hopes that we can get them in a monstrous long yardage situation ... then hope for the best.

once good thing is that we don't really have any good blitzes on film for manning to study so is might catch him by surprise. :)

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
exactly ... against a nobody QB

we better be prepare to bring a well-disguised,huge blitz once per Indy drive in the hopes that we can get them in a monstrous long yardage situation ... then hope for the best.

once good thing is that we don't really have any good blitzes on film for manning to study so is might catch him by surprise. :)
Another thing, what did you think of that piss-poor Personal Foul call on Allen last week.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 04:58 PM
You always see surtain on tv bump the reciever and leave him alone.

That's called the Cover 2, moron. If Surtain followed the wide receiver there would be a giant hole for any receiver in the flat to pick up a nice gain.

WV-Colt
01-03-2007, 05:01 PM

yet, oddly enough peyton has twice as many rushing touchdowns as mike vick.

granted, he looks like a newborn giraffe when running, but still...

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
That's called the Cover 2, moron. If Surtain followed the wide receiver there would be a giant hole for any receiver in the flat to pick up a nice gain.
instead there is just a giant hole behind the corner and outside the safety.

woo ... good thing he doesn't leave the flat open.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Actually, it's not all that giant. More often than not it's a difficult throw for the quarterback and requires a precise route by the wide receiver that takes time to run. That's why the pass rush is so important.

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 05:07 PM

Whatever is going on, it still doesn't work.

01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't understand the obsession with the cover 2..Tampa had 7 pro bowlers on their D..thats why it worked..you also need an intimidating safety(Lynch)to scare people in the soft areas..he tried it with the Jets..it failed miserably..

PastorMikH
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
yet, oddly enough peyton has twice as many rushing touchdowns as mike vick.

granted, he looks like a newborn giraffe when running, but still...

One reason for that would be that his receivers have the field spread out. He also puts quite a few runs up in goal-line passing situations when his WRs can't get open. Another reason would be that everyone knows he's the NFL golden boy that the refs will flag them if they do anything more than two-hand-touch-above the waist.

Steve Bono has the longest TD run by a QB in NFL history (or at least up to a couple of years ago) - doesn't mean he was fast.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Jesus Christ. Why do people still have this perception that we have a terrible defense? We improved from 30th in pass D to 18th. We gave up 7 fewer touchdown passes. This isn't the 32 defense anymore.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
yea, i know

we are running a cover 2 zone defense when we don't have safeties fast enough to cover to the sideline and don't have defensive line good enough to generate their own pass rush.

i assume that's why Jerrad Page has been rotated into the lineup for most of this season ... Edwards is trying to get him so experience so he can take someone's job next year. He's faster and hits harder.

Herm's next step will probably be defensive tackle and the other safety position.

i guess Pollard is not really ready or he would of been seeing time too.

PastorMikH
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
we better be prepare to bring a well-disguised,huge blitz...

Well disquised? We haven't had one of those since the late 90s.

KCJohnny
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
I wonder how the Dtackles will do?

Hope everyone ascends to a new level.

Well, Ty Law won't be slipping in the wet grass, so he can cover a bit longer. That can only help our pass rush.

BIG_DADDY
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Jesus Christ.

You still stuck on that?

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Jesus Christ. Why do people still have this perception that we have a terrible defense? We improved from 30th in pass D to 18th. We gave up 7 fewer touchdown passes. This isn't the 32 defense anymore.
we improved from 30 to 16 on defense and dropped from 1st to 16 on offense.

big fuggin whoop ... amazing how we dropping the same we gained

but yet you INSIST our defense isn't helped by a slower offense.

just shut your pie hole.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Well disquised? We haven't had one of those since the late 90s.
:sulk:

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
but yet you INSIST our defense isn't helped by a slower offense.

And you have yet to prove that our offense is doing something to help the defense.

Our defense was on the field for more plays and more time this year than last year. Additionally, we also turned the ball over more.

GET A CLUE. THE DEFENSE MADE A STAND THIS YEAR ON IT'S OWN.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
And you have yet to prove that our offense is doing something to help the defense.

Our defense was on the field for more plays and more time this year than last year. Additionally, we also turned the ball over more.

GET A CLUE. THE DEFENSE MADE A STAND THIS YEAR ON IT'S OWN.
and i still think your completely and utterly full of crap

there's more to football than just stats

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
On a lighter note, the chiefs are favored to win by many sportswriters.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
and i still think your completely and utterly full of crap

there's more to football than just stats

I think the same thing about you. According to you our offense sucks AND our defense sucks. In fact, our entire team sucks! How the hell did we get into the playoffs?

I want to hear ONE GOOD REASON that explains this mystical "offense slowing down to help the defense" garbage. It's simply not true.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
On a lighter note, the chiefs are favored to win by many sportswriters.

i don't think that is a good thing ..... i want us a huge underdog

we seem to play better when the pressure is off and hopefully the colts will take a win for granted.

01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I think the same thing about you. According to you our offense sucks AND our defense sucks. In fact, our entire team sucks! How the hell did we get into the playoffs?

I want to hear ONE GOOD REASON that explains this mystical "offense slowing down to help the defense" garbage. It's simply not true.
You gonna take that, Laz???

http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/4.gif
ROFL

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
According to you our offense sucks AND our defense sucks. In fact, our entire team sucks! How the hell did we get into the playoffs?.
oh bull ... you've been listening to your "buddies" too much

you ..... they ... don't know what i think, because they don't listen.

they are still living back in the past when i used to complain about Carl peterson all the time ... they hated it then and never let it go.

**** them ...... and **** you too.

somebody gave you a pay-nothing job and suddenly you think you actually know something about football?!?!?

ROFL ROFL

i think i liked you better as a childish,spammer troll ... at least then you didn't pretend to be anything other than an idiot.

Bugeater
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
If Manning has time he will destroy us, the only way to beat him is to get to him.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
You gonna take that Laz???

http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/4.gif
ROFL
hehe ... very good!!! :clap:

ROFL ROFL

10 cents everytime you rent my gif though :harumph:

:p

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
i don't think that is a good thing ..... i want us a huge underdog

we seem to play better when the pressure is off and hopefully the colts will take a win for granted.
same here

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
i think i liked you better as a childish,spammer troll ... at least then you didn't pretend to be anything other than an idiot.

Your personal attacks are lovely. Ultimately meaningless, but lovely.

Give me one reason to believe the offense has propped up the defense this year. One fact, one shred of evidence. I'm waiting.

01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
hehe ... very good!!! :clap:

ROFL ROFL

10 cents everytime you rent my gif though :harumph:

:p
LMAO

10 cents coming up!!it was worth it!! ;)

Deberg_1990
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Manning is going to burn this defense for a few big plays....thats a given. We are jsut not good enough to hold him down the whole game.

Knowing that, it would be in Gun's best interest to blitz the heck out of him and punch him right in the mouth. Its been proven in the past that if you rattle him, he folds.

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Manning is going to burn this defense for a few big plays....thats a given. We are jsut not good enough to hold him down the whole game.

Knowing that, it would be in Gun's best interest to blitz the heck out of him and punch him right in the mouth. Its been proven in the past that if you rattle him, he folds.

I already said that

{Our Prevent D sucks. We need to blitz and hope we make Manning throw some crappy passes. Chances are he'll have a big day either way, the d should make it painful.}

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I already said that

{Our Prevent D sucks. We need to blitz and hope we make Manning throw some crappy passes. Chances are he'll have a big day either way, the d should make it painful.}
i'd prolly look for the all or nothing approach

no blitz
no blitz
no blitz
kitchen sink blitz
no blitz
no blitz
Kitchen sink blitz

try to catch him off guard ... try to hit him really,really hard.

tell Allen to earn his personal foul this time. :D

Priest4Prez
01-03-2007, 05:41 PM
i'd prolly look for the all or nothing approach

no blitz
no blitz
no blitz
kitchen sink blitz
no blitz
no blitz
Kitchen sink blitz

try to catch him off guard ... try to hit him really,really hard.

tell Allen to earn his personal foul this time. :D
Smart advice from an even smarter man.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Smart advice from an even smarter man.
:wayne: