PDA

View Full Version : We don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I can't tell you how many times I read this statement over the last few weeks. It was made with such conviction by so many people. I'm curious about what your thoughts are now? Those of you that said, "we don't deserve to be in the playoffs" are you mad that the Chiefs are in the playoffs because they don't deserve to be there?

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
We deserve it more than Cincy, Denver, Tennesse, etc. They all blew it.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
We deserve it more than Cincy, Denver, Tennesse, etc. They all blew it.

Did you ever say we don't deserve to be in the playoffs?

Ecto-I
01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
If we don't deserve to be in the playoffs, then who the hell does instead?

Hammock Parties
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Did you ever say we don't deserve to be in the playoffs?

I don't think so.

I think the 6th seed kind of came down to "WHO SUCKS LESS?"

boogblaster
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
We're there thats it..Frick-off disbelievers....

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I suppose we're the sixth best team in the conference, so we probably do deserve to be in, but that isn't exactly a glowing recommendation of our merits.

MichaelH
01-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I am one of the many that made that statement. While I am very excited to be wrong, I wouldn't take it back after the Pittsburg/Cleveland/Ravens losses. The offense and defense have made many mistakes that in time will hopefully be corrected. I think a playoff birth will lift the spirits up and do wonders for those not quite sure where they stand on the team. It will give younger players something to grow on for next year. It will give the veterans that one last hope they've been looking for.

88TG88
01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
i like herm's explanation "we won everyone else lost we didn't back in"

siberian khatru
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I suppose you could argue that NO sixth seed "deserved" it this year. But I don't see how we deserved it any less than anyone else. We left it sitting there for several teams to take and they whiffed.

Silock
01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I said it. However, it's obvious now that it's not true. The other teams had their chance and they blew it. The Chiefs kept trucking and it paid off.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
If we don't deserve to be in the playoffs, then who the hell does instead?

I never understood how, if we make the playoffs, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. But I read that statement a lot. People would give scenarios of how we could win and so many times people would respond with we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I read it so many times it started pissing me off. Started sounding like fair weather fans.

MahiMike
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
We won Sunday because LJ slapped the head coach hard enough to listen. If they continue to mix up the offense they have a chance. Of course, they would be 11-5 had Larry slapped them earlier.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
I suppose we're the sixth best team in the conference, so we probably do deserve to be in, but that isn't exactly a glowing recommendation of our merits.

Not a glowing recommendation, but we deserve it. 20 other teams don't.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I am one of the many that made that statement. While I am very excited to be wrong, I wouldn't take it back after the Pittsburg/Cleveland/Ravens losses. The offense and defense have made many mistakes that in time will hopefully be corrected. I think a playoff birth will lift the spirits up and do wonders for those not quite sure where they stand on the team. It will give younger players something to grow on for next year. It will give the veterans that one last hope they've been looking for.

I can't tell if you think we do or don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

acasas4
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
We're in the playoffs and it's a new season. Everyone in the playoffs is 0-0. We wouldn't be there if we didn't win Sunday so anyone who doesn't think we belong there needs to get over it.

MGRS13
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm stoked we got in, I don't care how..........reality is beginning to set in though, and I fear we have a blowout loss in our future. I'm coming down from my "we made the playoffs high" and remembering we have a lowsy defense.

jersey
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey - you guys went out, won the games you needed to win, and when it was all said and done you wound up as the #6 seed. This isn't college football. We can argue about the Gators being the #2 team, but there's no arguing over who did/did not make it to the playoffs.

And as long as Larry doesn't blow an ACL, you can very likely beat the Colts. (I'm sure a fan wearing a Johnson jersey could run for 200+ against that defense).

Donger
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
IMO, the only opinion that matters is the opinion of the NFL. It would appear that they think so.

philfree
01-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow! I figured a read this thread and then want to chastise somebody for posting that we don't deserve to be a playoff team. I was wrong and yous guys are all right. Any fan sho doesn't relish their team suiting up for one more game win or lose has a small heart and most likely very small gonads as well. We're gonna run all over the Colts and this is gonna be a nice slice of revenge. If I didn't have to be around I'd go to Indy and watch the game but for a multiplicity of reasons I must watch it on the tube. But what-the-hey we're gonna kick some pony ass!

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Laz
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
we made the playoffs ... we deserve the playoffs.

:shrug:

doesn't mean we weren't very fortunate to make the playoffs though.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
IMO, the only opinion that matters is the opinion of the NFL. It would appear that they think so.

I couldn't agree with you more. There were several on the BB in the last few weeks that couldn't agree with you at all. I was just wondering what their thoughts are now.

stevieray
01-03-2007, 05:37 PM
The game determines who makes the playoffs.

Just like the game will take these 12 teams, chew them up and spit out a SB winner...if it didn't, it wouldn't be worth anything.

bogie
01-03-2007, 05:40 PM
In a previous thread, I posted the question if we make the playoffs, doesn't that mean we deserve to be in the playoffs? I got several no's to that question.

Donger
01-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. There were several on the BB in the last few weeks that couldn't agree with you at all. I was just wondering what their thoughts are now.

Perhaps 'deserve' is not the correct word. Perhaps 'belong' is more accurate. It's obvious that the Chiefs would not be in the position they are now without tremendous help on that final day. But, the NFL added everything up and said the Chiefs deserve to be in. They won the game they had to win. The others did not.

Whether they belong in the playoffs will be determined on Saturday, I guess.

58-4ever
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM

So in your opinion, your opinion doesn't matter?
:hmmm:

Donger
01-03-2007, 05:48 PM
So in your opinion, your opinion doesn't matter?
:hmmm:

No, it doesn't. The NFL sets the requisites for 'deserving' to get into the playoffs. The Chiefs met those requisites.

Psyko Tek
01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
gotta agree with donger here..
we won our must win game
the rest did not

Jebus the broncos lost to the '49er's