PDA

View Full Version : Colts At Home...

RINGLEADER
01-04-2007, 04:39 AM
At home this season the Colts are scoring an average of 29.625 ppg and giving up an average of 18.5 ppg. Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo and Tennessee (the number 2, 4, 18, and 32nd defenses respectively) were the only teams able to hold Indy under that average at home. They're plus-2 in turnover differential at home for the season (not surprisingly two of the teams that held them under their scoring average won the turnover battle).

What's more worrisome, however, is that the Colts only gave up 5 sacks at home all season while recording the vast majority of their own sacks (18 of 25 total sacks) at home. People simply don't get to Peyton Manning and that could be the most troubling challenge the Chiefs face.

Redcoats58
01-04-2007, 04:58 AM
The fact that the Chiefs have had problems getting pressure in certain games and the fact that Peyton Manning knows the ins and outs of the cover 2 doesn't bode well for the Chiefs.

Chief Chief
01-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Manning will have a field day throwing 8-yard passes to Addai and Clark in front of our retreating LBs who drop 15 yards automatically when they see the QB step back to pass.

RINGLEADER
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Manning will have a field day throwing 8-yard passes to Addai and Clark in front of our retreating LBs who drop 15 yards automatically when they see the QB step back to pass.

LOL...that's the weird thing -- when teams are marching down the field the LBs are back too far and when we're in the red zone they invariably are never back far enough. Seems like every red zone TD we give up is a pass on a peel play or a ends up with a throw into the back of the end zone behind all of our linebackers. They've never adjusted to this all season.

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I say start Bernard Pollard as the Falcon and send after Manning on every down. Why not?

Carlota69
01-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I say start Bernard Pollard as the Falcon and send after Manning on every down. Why not?

I second that. We should start Pollard. period.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2007, 01:28 PM

I think you should post this on EVERY THREAD just to make sure.

KCJohnny
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I think you should post this on EVERY THREAD just to make sure.

Dammit, its a great idea and you know it!
:drool:

Bugeater
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, we just have to get 10 field goals and we'll be fine.

FD
01-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, we just have to get 10 field goals and we'll be fine.

I say play it conservative and go for 15 safeties.