PDA

View Full Version : 97.3 the max ifm s now espn

Demonpenz
01-04-2007, 07:29 PM
So now we can finally hear some talk about other teams in hockey in the NBA. Me not being from the midwest I want to hear some of the other teams out there are doing. I am pumped.

Halfcan
01-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I posted this in a thread earlier. I listened today and was not too impressed. Lots of commercials and fluff.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
They are owned by WHB, but I wonder why they went to sports? It was a pretty good music station.

Halfcan
01-04-2007, 07:42 PM
They are owned by WHB, but I wonder why they went to sports? It was a pretty good music station.

It might end up getting better-but a couple of the guys were very annoying-could'nt even listen.

Mecca
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM

Because the music format they switched to.....was one that competes with 98.9 and frankly.....they got ass raped. They couldn't compete with 98.9 the listeners wouldn't switch, hell I listen to 98.9 and didn't listen to 97.3 much.

Keitzman today basically said as much by saying "people in that music format are very loyal" basically acknowledging they couldn't get people that like 98.9 to listen to them.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Because the music format they switched to.....was one that competes with 98.9 and frankly.....they got ass raped. They couldn't compete with 98.9 the listeners wouldn't switch, hell I listen to 98.9 and didn't listen to 97.3 much.

Keitzman today basically said as much by saying "people in that music format are very loyal" basically acknowledging they couldn't get people that like 98.9 to listen to them.

That makes sense, and 98.9 was better than them anyways.

WilliamTheIrish
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM

To drive ANOTHER nail in the casket of 610.

My guess is that 810 is one day going to pitch 97.3 to the Chiefs when their contract is up with the FOX. The Chiefs seem intent on an FM signal as their flagship.

As it is 97.3 broadcasts the Royals, will try (will get) the new hockey team's radio contract, and can make a pitch to snatch KU or MU from Entercom. Those two teams are the only reason anybody listens to 610 or 980 anyway. Nothing else in the 610 sports lineup is worth the listen.

While it may cannabilize their own listenership, they'll put all sorts of hurt on that shit lineup in the mornings at 610.

Keep in mind this is just a guess. I have Sirius and have listened to only bits and pieces of local sports talk in several months.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2007, 08:46 PM

My guess is that 810 is one day going to pitch 97.3 to the Chiefs when their contract is up with the FOX. The Chiefs seem intent on an FM signal as their flagship.

As it is 97.3 broadcasts the Royals, will try (will get) the new hockey team's radio contract, and can make a pitch to snatch KU or MU from Entercom. Those two teams are the only reason anybody listens to 610 or 980 anyway. Nothing else in the 610 sports lineup is worth the listen.

While it may cannabilize their own listenership, they'll put all sorts of hurt on that shit lineup in the mornings at 610.

Keep in mind this is just a guess. I have Sirius and have listened to only bits and pieces of local sports talk in several months.

That makes even more sense. Maybe Keitzman isnt the complete idiot that he comes off as.

Demonpenz
01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I am just glad because we rarely even get a smidge of radio talk on here. I was glad to hear some of the breakdowns on what teams might do on the trade deadline. It sounds like the nets might be breaking up the big three.

Mecca
01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
That makes even more sense. Maybe Keitzman isnt the complete idiot that he comes off as.

They can beat entercom at sports........as far as music they can't. Simple as that they tried and failed miserably.

Halfcan
01-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Was Mancow on 97.3?

Bowser
01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
That sucks. At least 97.3 would go off the beaten path with their music selection, and not play the same tired assed songs over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Silock
01-04-2007, 11:49 PM

As bad as 610 is, 810 is even worse. It would be nice to have a decent sports talk station in this city, but bringing in ESPN isn't the way to do it.

Mecca
01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
As bad as 610 is, 810 is even worse. It would be nice to have a decent sports talk station in this city, but bringing in ESPN isn't the way to do it.

Not interested in Danny Clinkscales golf game?

Halfcan
01-05-2007, 12:13 AM
That sucks. At least 97.3 would go off the beaten path with their music selection, and not play the same tired assed songs over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yep the had a nice mix. Cool DJ's too.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
They can beat entercom at sports........as far as music they can't. Simple as that they tried and failed miserably.

As long as people want their msuic on radio force fed to them, you're right.

dr00d
01-05-2007, 12:16 PM

That couldn't be more wrong.....I listened to 97.3 about every night that I was remodeling my basement. It was the same 25 songs between 7p-10p every night. The only real reason I left it on that station is because I have an old anolog tuner and I'm too lazy to turn it, plus, I've always like rockline.

I finished the basement pretty much last week though and hadn't heard it changed till the other day when I was going to work, they were talking about who gets the mvp...and at lunch, they were talking about football, and after work, they were still talking about football and I heard 'espn radio...'

I preferred Mancow to Johnny Dare. I get tired of Johnny Dare talking to a bunch of nobodies about their shitty book and then being all 'wow that is really great, goodie goodie, bs crap he was spewing everywhere. The shit gets real old, but mostly, it is shitty guests they have on the show every day that nobody even knows.

Demonpenz
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I think every rock station needs to retire sweet child of mine, and lovin in elevator, and that old school shit start playing new rock dumb asses

Bowser
01-05-2007, 12:33 PM
That couldn't be more wrong.....I listened to 97.3 about every night that I was remodeling my basement. It was the same 25 songs between 7p-10p every night. The only real reason I left it on that station is because I have an old anolog tuner and I'm too lazy to turn it, plus, I've always like rockline.

I finished the basement pretty much last week though and hadn't heard it changed till the other day when I was going to work, they were talking about who gets the mvp...and at lunch, they were talking about football, and after work, they were still talking about football and I heard 'espn radio...'

I preferred Mancow to Johnny Dare. I get tired of Johnny Dare talking to a bunch of nobodies about their shitty book and then being all 'wow that is really great, goodie goodie, bs crap he was spewing everywhere. The shit gets real old, but mostly, it is shitty guests they have on the show every day that nobody even knows.

I never really listened to Scooter's show. Jason Nivens put on a better show, imo.

All I know is that 97.3 would pull out songs that the Rock would never ever sniff, and it was a nice changeup.

And I second Demon's motion. Throw Crazy Train in that mix, as well.

WilliamTheIrish
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I never really listened to Scooter's show. Jason Nivens put on a better show, imo.

All I know is that 97.3 would pull out songs that the Rock would never ever sniff, and it was a nice changeup.

And I second Demon's motion. Throw Crazy Train in that mix, as well.

Exactly. Here's a rendition of the Dare show:

Dare: "Nipple". And Here's some Ozzie from '86. [song plays]

Dare: "Burp the bishop. Sweet Child o Mine is next on 98.9"

Dare: "Clit. And here's some Warrant from '83".

Of course I'm exaggerating (slightly). But that whole show needs to be retired.

Mecca
01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Exactly. Here's a rendition of the Dare show:

Dare: "Nipple". And Here's some Ozzie from '86. [song plays]

Dare: "Burp the bishop. Sweet Child o Mine is next on 98.9"

Dare: "Clit. And here's some Warrant from '83".

Of course I'm exaggerating (slightly). But that whole show needs to be retired.

Johnny Dare owns this market....to think he's going away anytime soon is funny. He basically demolishes all the other morning shows.