PDA

View Full Version : This time Satuday, Chiefsplanet will be going crazy...

recxjake
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
All the sports pundits are saying that LJ is going to get 150 yards, but the Chiefs won't be able to keep up, and will lose.

Every week, a player stands out from all the rest and dramatically changes the game. Last week... Pollard

I believe that this time Saturday, Chiefsplanet will be saying that .....

Derrick Johnson has a breakout game... I'm predicting multiple sacks, and one interception. I belive DJ was made for this type of game. Fast, coverage lb vs. expert passer. I don't believe that Manning has any repsect for the Chiefs D and will make several boneheaded plays.

I also predict that Tamba and Allen will have monster games.

Surtain and Law Welsey and Knight will all get burned atleast once.

On offense... the player of the game will not be LJ... instead, Sammie Parker. I predict that Indy will stack the box, cover Gonzo and Eddie tight, which will lead to Sammie one on one. It's time for a huge game for Samme Parker.

the Talking Can
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
actually the Planet will be crashed...we won't be doing anything but hitting the refresh button for hours

KChiefer
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Amen!!!

StcChief
01-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Hope your right about Sammie/DJ/Allen/Hali

I still think LJ gets 150+ and Bennett ~100

The D has to step up in the playoffs now.
Law/Surtain/Page/Wesley/Walls
Push up front from Reed/Edwards/Wilkerson

Lzen
01-04-2007, 08:09 PM
actually the Planet will be crashed...we won't be doing anything but hitting the refresh button for hours
So just like last week against the Jags, eh?

recxjake
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Hope your right about Sammie/DJ/Allen/Hali

I still think LJ gets 150+ and Bennett ~100

The D has to step up in the playoffs now.
Law/Surtain/Page/Wesley/Walls
Push up front from Reed/Edwards/Wilkerson

I dunno about Bennett getting 100, but if he does, we have the W

recxjake
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM

I don't know much about websites, but is there anyway we can upgrade to a better server? Who actually owns chiefplanet... I'd be more than willing to put in a donation for a better website if it was arranged.

StcChief
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I dunno about Bennett getting 100, but if he does, we have the W

This is based on his experience / speed / change of pace he gives running on Turf which he did in Minn. Twinky dome.

the Talking Can
01-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't know much about websites, but is there anyway we can upgrade to a better server? Who actually owns chiefplanet... I'd be more than willing to put in a donation for a better website if it was arranged.

we've done that before...I gave up worrying about it...the place is free, it is what it is....

recxjake
01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
This is based on his experience / speed / change of pace he gives running on Turf which he did in Minn. Twinky dome.

I really wish the Chiefs would use him more, whenever he touches the ball he gains yardage, usually 5+. I would love to see him as a kick returner... I think he would be much more consistant than Dante.

Speaking of Dante, a td return this week would be greatly appreciated.

teedubya
01-04-2007, 08:36 PM
i think that many of us hitting refresh, is what crashes the server... At least AustinChief said something to that effect....

the Talking Can
01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
i think that many of us hitting refresh, is what crashes the server... At least AustinChief said something to that effect....

well, that's whole point of a message board....or one that works anyways

tk13
01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't think there's any way to save us this weekend. It's a playoff game. The Mane would crash after playoff games... and if I recall right, even the Colts board on the Indy Star's website didn't survive the Colts playoff meltdown last year. Probably going to be a rough Saturday on the server.

StcChief
01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
i think that many of us hitting refresh, is what crashes the server... At least AustinChief said something to that effect....ah Duh....

causes a re-query of the whole forum page....
every person gets the same copy at that time.

If they were cached/refreshed periodically causing each to hit the page cache but that's another layer and more $$$.

Horsepower for # concurrent users issue like any DB server.

88TG88
01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
^^yea that

BigRock
01-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't believe that Manning has any repsect for the Chiefs D and will make several boneheaded plays.
Whether or not he was serious is anyone's guess, but Manning had all kinds of praise for our D the other day. He said he'd been watching film and that Law and Surtain were probably one of the best corner duos in the league this season, but that they weren't getting the recognition for it for some reason.

Halfcan
01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
DJ will probably be covering Dallas Clark the whole game. Gun just does not know how to maximize this guys talent.

Halfcan
01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Manning said our team sucks, our D is a bunch of puzzies and LJ is a shitty runner that has no heart!!!

Please print this and pass it out to our team-lol

Hammock Parties
01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
DJ will probably be covering Dallas Clark the whole game. Gun just does not know how to maximize this guys talent.

DJ has been used as a pass rusher quite a bit this year.

StcChief
01-04-2007, 09:30 PM
DJ has been used as a pass rusher quite a bit this year.

So the Chiefs are gonna use Fox on Clark? with Safety to pickup...over the top.

El Jefe
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Last game it took me an hour to get on, then another hour to reply to anything because the site was overloaded.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2007, 09:35 PM
So the Chiefs are gonna use Fox on Clark? with Safety to pickup...over the top.

I'm sure the Chiefs will be playing alot of zone.

CupidStunt
01-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Gun will limit DJ's ability to be a game-changing player, which, to be honest, is what we need on defense.

As for tommorow, the Planet will be fun, whether for the good or bad. There's no middle ground.

el borracho
01-05-2007, 02:30 AM
FYI, Samie Parker has never had more than 75 yards in a game and I don't believe Samie has ever scored more than 1 TD in a game. I would not count on Samie to be a (positive) difference maker this week.

In fact, if I were to speculate on an offensive difference maker other than LJ and Gonzo I would look to Wilson. The Colts play a cover 2 defense that lets TEs get open in the middle. Obviously, the Colts will pay special attention to Gonzalez but Wilson is still a nobody who shouldn't draw much attention at all. Hopefully, he can take advantage of any and all opportunities.

mylittlepony
01-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Im predicting the only thing people will talk about is that endzone pick that Payton throws to end the game. I see Page being our hero and the voices that he needs to start will be even stronger (or possibly Law).

I Think Im going to try out the Gametime Chat for this game. But Im not quite sure where it is.

Direckshun
01-05-2007, 03:58 AM
What if I had the last reply in every thread in this forum?

How awesome would that make me?

How irritating would that make me?

I think I'm comfortable with the balance I've struck at this point.

Kerberos
01-05-2007, 05:52 AM
What if I had the last reply in every thread in this forum?

How awesome would that make me?

How irritating would that make me?

I think I'm comfortable with the balance I've struck at this point.

T.B.S.S.Y.M.M.G.T.B.

Translation?

You gotta say it REAL fast for full effect.

Too Bad So Sad You Mad Me Glad Too Bad

01-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Yep.

some of us will be in the gameday chat room though. It never crashed last week.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 07:10 AM
FYI, Samie Parker has never had more than 75 yards in a game

Hey! He had an 86 yard game once! And an 87 yard game!

crazycoffey
01-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Two out of seven pundits think KC have the best wild card chances to go the farthest of all the wildcard teams. Four others think Dallas (shows what they know, dallas stinks), and one - Rod Woodson, thinks it would be Philly.

BOOMER ESIASON

"Kansas City has the best shot because they can run the ball on anyone and they have a veteran quarterback and a reasonably decent defense that features a playmaker in Ty Law."

MARSHALL FAULK

"I like the Chiefs based on their matchups. With Larry Johnson going against the Colts' porous run defense, I think Kansas City likes its chances. Should the Chiefs get past the Colts, they'd play at San Diego, a team that they're very familiar with in the AFC West."

Easy 6
01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
My vote for this games Secret Weapon is none other than the Secret Weapon aka BIGFOOT, we should be able to eat up the flats & middle of the field with this guy.

Try utilizing him Trent!?!?!?

As for the Planet, i will wait awhile after the game to join in the celebration. Win or lose, i predict 673 new threads will be started in the first 2 hours after the game. Each thread will last approx. 2 1/2 minutes on the front page.

I'll do my part to ease server strain & join you all later in the evening after our GLORIOUS VICTORY.

crazycoffey
01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
My vote for this games Secret Weapon is none other than the Secret Weapon aka BIGFOOT, we should be able to eat up the flats & middle of the field with this guy.

Try utilizing him Trent!?!?!?

As for the Planet, i will wait awhile after the game to join in the celebration. Win or lose, i predict 673 new threads will be started in the first 2 hours after the game. Each thread will last approx. 2 1/2 minutes on the front page.

I'll do my part to ease server strain & join you all later in the evening after our GLORIOUS VICTORY.

Me too, someone start the afterparty thread to talk about the game at the two minute warning. We'll find you there.

Psyko Tek
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
double tightend set
Play pass to Bigfoot
scores everytime