PDA

View Full Version : What scenario is the LEAST that would have to happen before you’d be happy with this

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 02:38 AM
I don’t know if a poll like this has been done or not, but who cares. If we can have 150 threads about Green/Huard another thread about Playoff expectations won’t hurt. :)

I, as well as a host of others here never thought we’d have a chance to even get into the playoffs. So, now that we are actually in, what is the LEAST that would have to happen before you’d be happy with the outcome of this season?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I want to win the Super Bowl. If we don't do that, the season was a failure. Only one team goes home happy at the end of it all.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-05-2007, 02:42 AM
We need to win it for Lamar.

He named it, we need to claim it.

(just made that up :))

Direckshun
01-05-2007, 04:26 AM
The season's a success, but I'd like a win in Indy.

teedubya
01-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Man, i see visions of Lin Elliot in my dreams sometimes... We have to AT LEAST avenge 95 & 03. Its a must.

Plus, we need to eliminate the smack ammo, "Ain't won a playoff game in X years."

Cuz that shit is old, yo.

boogblaster
01-05-2007, 05:25 AM
ALL THE WAY.....

splatbass
01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Considering all the injuries, the offensive line problems, a first year head coach, etc., I'm happy we made the playoffs. Of course I hope we go all the way, but even if we lose to Indy we made it farther than I expected. Hell, I thought the season was over in week 1 when Green went down. In other words, I'll be happy no matter what happens, but I'll be a lot happier if we go all the way.

HemiEd
01-05-2007, 06:18 AM
I am always happy when there is another Chiefs game in the immediate future to watch. That being said, I am thrilled with the opportunity to exact some revenge on the Peyton Mannings.
I usually never give up hope, but after the Cleveland loss, I had stuck a fork in them.

CupidStunt
01-05-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm happy that we made the playoffs. I feel that it'd be great for my belief in Edwards if we were able to win our first playoff game in 13 years.

People would come up with shit about how "it's the Colts, their defense sucks" but this is a #3 seed, on the road, favored by almost a touchdown. A win is nothing short of impressive.

SLQ
01-05-2007, 06:54 AM
One game at at time. If the Chiefs beat down the Colts it just might be the catalyst to push them by San Diego.

Think about it, the Chiefs were playing SD fairly well when the botched blocked punt gave the ball back to the Chargers. Had the Chiefs maintained possession at that point there is a probable expectation that they would have scored. That being said, the game might have turned and the Chiefs may have won it.

The scenario above is purely speculation, but for the most part LT was held do minimal yards without that one long run.

The Chiefs do have the ability to win against the Colts as well as San Diego. I don't know from there, but I won't count out the possibility that KC can go all the way.

One game at a time and we will see if I'm right.

chagrin
01-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I'd also like to see a Win in the playoffs for a friggin change

Chiefs_Fan
01-05-2007, 07:10 AM
I want to win in Indy and I REALLY want to knock the bolts out, but I'll be happy and feel like we acomplished something this year with just the Indy win.

GO CHIEFS!

Inspector
01-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I want to win the SB and kill Manning.

I need revenge and I need for this team to take advantage of the Lamar factor this year.

Plus...shake that damn "haven't won a playoff in ......" stuff.

Eleazar
01-05-2007, 07:52 AM
We don't have the horses right now for a Super Bowl run but winning this game would definitely be nice.

In my mind, this is the one (afc) playoff team that we can beat. As far as expecting us to go on the road and beat Baltimore, or San Diego or whomever we got matched up with, I think that's a little much to ask of this team. But winning on the road in the playoffs would be a nice accomplishment to build on.

El Jefe
01-05-2007, 08:00 AM
splatbass, I agree with you. I always thought we would make it this year, and I think this season has been a success already. I think if we could beat the Colts, then keep it close in the SD game I will be happy. *I am never happy with a loss especially to an AFC West oponent.

HonestChieffan
01-05-2007, 09:21 AM
At game time I'll be allpumped and major big time into winning this game. But my deep down expectations are not very high. I know, that sounds like I'm giving up but its just a fact. My expectations based on what we saw this season are not good. Its away, its vs Payton Manning who can audible and make reads better than any current QB, and hes going agaist Herm who has yet to show me that he can adjust and make a positive difference in a game.

That said, Im 100% Homer for the guys in red.

Brock
01-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I want to win the SB and kill Manning.

I need revenge and I need for this team to take advantage of the Lamar factor this year.

Plus...shake that damn "haven't won a playoff in ......" stuff.

13 years, BTW.

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
We gotta beat Indy.

Right now, I'm shocked and happy that we are in. But everyone is saying we "Backed in". A W in Indy shows we deserve to be there.

I like our chances though. Beating the Colts gets us to SD. Knowing Marty's tendancies in the playoffs and the fact that we have given them half of their losses this year and usually play the chargers tough, that game is definately winnable.

IF we were to make it to the AFC Championship, two things will figure in. First off, this team will have some momentum. Secondly, there will be a strong push to Win Lamar's Trophy in Lamar's memory.

IF the imposible does happen and we get to the SB, considering our success rate against the NFC as of late, and the NFC teams just don't seem as good as the AFC over the last several years, who knows, a W here wouldn't be out of reach either.

To me there just seems to be a different feeling with this team right now. Usually breaks don't go our way, and too many are falling our way right now.

I have more confidence in us now than I have for the last month, but even if we don't make it, I want a W against Indy.

supercoupe91
01-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Break Peyton's leg.

Then lose in the AFC title game at Baltimore.

FD
01-05-2007, 11:25 AM
The way I see it going down, not only wouldnt I be happy, I would be SHOCKED if we dont win the superbowl this year.

First we get the choke artist manning, whose team is specially designed this year to lose to our running attack.

After that we go to San Diego and play maybe the only bigger choke artist in football Marty. How many times have we seen it? He wont be winning in the playoffs not to mention we already beat his team once this year and played pretty well in the loss.

Then comes the AFC championship, I dont really think we can beat the Ravens, so I dont know, the Jets or somebody will have to beat them. We can handle the Jets, Herm built that team. Plus how could our guys not step up to win the trophy with Lamar Hunts name on it.

Then we win the superbowl, the NFC is a joke this year, it wont even be a game.

Either that or we get killed in Indy. But come on! Superbowl! Believe!

KCJohnny
01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Aww shucks, I'm happy we got in. Normally 9-7 teams are talking about draft picks about now.

crazycoffey
01-05-2007, 11:31 AM
The way I see it going down, not only wouldnt I be happy, I would be SHOCKED if we dont win the superbowl this year.

First we get the choke artist manning, whose team is specially designed this year to lose to our running attack.

After that we go to San Diego and play maybe the only bigger choke artist in football Marty. How many times have we seen it? He wont be winning in the playoffs not to mention we already beat his team once this year and played pretty well in the loss.

Then comes the AFC championship, I dont really think we can beat the Ravens, so I dont know, the Jets or somebody will have to beat them. We can handle the Jets, Herm built that team. Plus how could our guys not step up to win the trophy with Lamar Hunts name on it.

Then we win the superbowl, the NFC is a joke this year, it wont even be a game.

Either that or we get killed in Indy. But come on! Superbowl! Believe!

Be careful rook, optimism is seen as a weakness in this culture.

Oh no, I think the wolves smell blood, quick say something about how Carl Peterson sucks on the ass of dead babies.

It might be too late

Easy 6
01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
A win at indy would make the thought of next year all the more appealing.

A key guy or 2, with a BIG playoff primer under our belt.

Oh yeah...

Fish
01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
1 playoff win and I'll be sasified enough....... at least until training camp next season...

CoMoChief
01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
This is like that post a week or 2 ago, sort of.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3655830#post3655830

The answer should be "no one should be happy with a playoff loss. SB is ultimate goal, anything less than that is a failure."

crazycoffey
01-05-2007, 11:57 AM
This is like that post a week or 2 ago, sort of.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3655830#post3655830

The answer should be "no one should be happy with a playoff loss. SB is ultimate goal, anything less than that is a failure."

This post isn't like that post. Apples and Oranges, man.

This is about satisfaction, now that we made the playoffs.

The thread posted earlier was started because so many posters were being negative, and saying that we sucked ass this year, and it was all herm and CP's fault, etc. I started that thread for the sole purpose of trying to get some positive vibes going into the Jax game. The threads were all pretty bleak last week.

oh, but thanks for the plug :)

splatbass
01-05-2007, 12:09 PM
IF the imposible does happen and we get to the SB,

The impossible happened last Sunday, so you never know. :)

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM

That probably gives me the most hope right now of anything. Any other year and we wouldn't have been here. Shoot last year 10-6 wasn't even enough to get in. To go from nobody giving us a shot to in is a twist of fate we aren't used too. I can't help but think this year could be special.

FD
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Be careful rook, optimism is seen as a weakness in this culture.

Oh no, I think the wolves smell blood, quick say something about how Carl Peterson sucks on the ass of dead babies.

It might be too late

You're right, upon further reflection, we're DOOOOOOMED

Hydrae
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Yes, we are a team of destiny and will win the Super Bowl in memory of Lamar! :)

I am actually pretty happy now that we are even in the post-season tournament but if we lose to Indy it will have all been for naught. We NEED to win in Indy before I consider this season to be any more successful than the last few have been.

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I am actually pretty happy now that we are even in the post-season tournament but if we lose to Indy it will have all been for naught. We NEED to win in Indy before I consider this season to be any more successful than the last few have been.

A loss to Indy and what everyone outside of KC is saying about us really not belonging still rings. A W ends that. A win this year also gives us more incentive to hold things together another year with some of the older vets and try to fix the areas of need for a serious push next year.

One playoff W this could make for a great building block, which would be acceptable. 1 W this year and then choke for the next 3-4 years would not be acceptable.

Another thought, if Tony G is wanting to be on a team with a shot a ring, a W or two this time around may help convince him that he has a good chance at that here.

Manila-Chief
01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I want to win the Super Bowl. If we don't do that, the season was a failure. Only one team goes home happy at the end of it all.

Normally, I agree with your take ... a S.B. win is the goal, but this time last week we thought we were out of the playoffs. Got to admit that it has been a much different week since we have something to look forward to. It's been fun with all the playoff hype. So, yeah, I think it is a plus for us to just to have made it ... at least we can say we made the playoffs. Now, I think the thing that gives us a pass of "just getting in" (or not going further) is because this is Herm's first year. Not a big fan of what he has done this year but it does take a coach a while to establish his team.

BUT... getting the ... "you guys haven't won a playoff game in 2 decades" off of our back would be wonderful.

I know Indy is better on paper ... 12-4 is a pretty good record ... but I remember 13-3 and we were suppose to win ... so, winning is doable for us ... Plus, we have the LJ and a better D weapons. If it were not for their very high octane offense I'd feel a lot better.

I'm hoping for a good game ... for me that means a 21 point lead in the 4th. quarter. :drool: :drool:

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm hoping for a good game ... for me that means a 21 point lead in the 4th. quarter. :drool: :drool:

21 points might not be enough if we switch to a ball control/prevent game. We had all 35 of our points before the 7:00 mark of the 3rd last week - 18 points ahead of the Jags and they pulled to within 5. 21 may not be enough with Peyton throwing.

Hendrix68
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I think a win vs. Indy is clearly pretty unlikely with our weak pass rush and pathetic secondary.

But to just play well- maybe keep it within 10 points- and scare the Dolts a little bit?

I would be satisfied with that.

KurtCobain
01-05-2007, 11:52 PM
The least to happen before I'm happy is the entire team needs to be replaced by mexican midgets who win three straight road games and the superbowl.