PDA

View Full Version : Samie Parker Improved This Year?

Fish
01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Samie has seen more than his share of criticism here.... but I think he's been very solid the last half of this season. He's come up with some great clutch catches lately... and seems to be getting better separation as well.

I don't think he'll ever be a #1 WR, but I think he's almost a solid #2.... and for a 4th rd pick, that's not too bad.

I was curious as to how many people changed their minds about Samie this season....

poll comin....

sedated
01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
still drops too much.

if he continues to drop as many passes, he won;t be more than a #4, on a bad team. unreliable

El Jefe
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Needs to work on the hands. I would say he has stayed about even, some games I forget he is even on our team, because he can go so long without a catch. (That was a joke I dont forget about him).

crazycoffey
01-05-2007, 11:17 AM
still drops too much.

if he continues to drop as many passes, he won;t be more than a #4, on a bad team. unreliable

exactly, we already have EK, and sammie is just setting himself up to be another EK.

I've always liked him, thought high of him, but the drops over the last couple of seasons, man. I mean put some more stick'em on his gloves or something.

Eleazar
01-05-2007, 11:17 AM
One thing he does very well is accumulate yards when the game is already decided, boosting his stats. To me that means he can work against soft coverage, but when he's really being defended, he doesn't get open very well.

Really, he was effective when he could be the #3, get in the slot and run the fly. Other than that, eh.

He's a 2.5 or a 3.

StcChief
01-05-2007, 11:18 AM
His stonehands need to disappear now.

This is his chance to 'provide for the family'. Just catch the ball.

Archie Bunker
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I think he could be productive as a #3 WR if a threat was added opposite EK. My patience is wearing thin though.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't pick him to be my WR on our flag football teams when we play on Saturdays.

Seriously.

supercoupe91
01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Terrible player.

And he celebrates his one or two first down catches a game as if he just won the Super Bowl.

Cut his ass in the off season.

B_Ambuehl
01-05-2007, 11:23 AM
He's a typical sprinter turned WR. Loses his hands hunder high stress situations.

kc rush
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Unreliable hands. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a 3 or 4 though.

The celebrations after routine catches needs to stop. I'm excited that he didn't drop the ball or bat it to a defender too, but he is over the top.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Parker has had a solid season. He hasn't dropped as many passes as people want to vilify him for.

I think he missed Trent Green more than any other player.

htismaqe
01-05-2007, 11:46 AM
What's my opinion of Parker?

He's the smartest mother****er on the Planet.

Bowser
01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
He was born to be a slot receiver.

We need a true #1. Kennison is arguably as good a #2 receiver as there is in the league.

Easy 6
01-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Makes highlight catches, drops the easy ones. He's a fast Brandon Lloyd.

For all of his speed, he rarely gets good seperation. I dont think he has very good body control.

He HAS produced well commensurate with his draft spot though.

A keeper at #3.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Parker has had a solid season. He hasn't dropped as many passes as people want to vilify him for.

I think he missed Trent Green more than any other player.

I don't understand why you keep defending him.
He's a bum and 3 GD years is too long to wait to see if he "develops".

Every year he's responsible for 2-3 INT's at least.
To Hell with Parker. Put Webb in.

~Telling you how I really feel.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 11:57 AM

This is really only his second year, and he DID improve this year. He only dropped 4 or 5 passes.

CupidStunt
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
And he celebrates his one or two first down catches a game as if he just won the Super Bowl.

:shake:

He's the Kawika Mitchell of offense.

F*cking annoying, too.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 12:03 PM
This is really only his second year, and he DID improve this year. He only dropped 4 or 5 passes.

4 or 5 passes a game for the 5 games he managed a reception.

Put it to you like this. He's dropped 4-5 passes per 41 receptions per 1 TD per 16 games played per 15 games started per 561 yards JUST THIS SEASON.

I'd be willing to bet he has more the 4-5 dropped passes.
He's caused at least 2 INT off the top of my head because of his dropped passes.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Samie Parker, Chiefs – Should end his run as one of the worst starting wideouts in the NFL. Parker drops a pass a week.

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/column.asp?sport=NFL&storyid=27513

C-Mac
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Samie Parker...is Rod Garner still even on the team?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Samie Parker, Chiefs – Should end his run as one of the worst starting wideouts in the NFL. Parker drops a pass a week.

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/column.asp?sport=NFL&storyid=27513

A gross exaggeration.

Brock
01-05-2007, 12:23 PM
He makes a big catch in nearly every game. It's the routine plays that he seems to have trouble with.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Samie is the best WR the Chiefs have drafted or developed in many, many a year....

wutamess
01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
The system I'm talking about here is, of course, receivers randomly dropping the ball for no reason at all. Wide open receivers do not drop the ball, ever, in the NFL. (Unless your name is Jerramy Stevens and you're playing in the Super Bowl.) Now, I can almost understand when a player like Samie Parker drops a pass over the middle while not being covered by anyone. But when Rod Smith is wide open down the field and the ball glances off his hands? Not cool.

http://www.epinions.com/content_220619443844

Referring to Madden annoyances.
Pretty funny.

MGRS13
01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I thoght highly of him last year, but as a guy who liked him I actually think he regressed badly this year.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM
A gross exaggeration.

Name 1.

htismaqe
01-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Samie is the best WR the Chiefs have drafted or developed in many, many a year....

ROFL

A brilliant use of relativism. Brilliant!

MGRS13
01-05-2007, 12:30 PM

Every year he's responsible for 2-3 INT's at least.
To Hell with Parker. Put Webb in.

~Telling you how I really feel.
I will give Herm one thing, If he sees anything out of a young guy he will play him. That is all you need to know about Webb, he must not even show up at practice, if he as much as flashed Herm would give him a chance.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Name 1.

"Drops a pass a week."

Simply not true.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 12:44 PM
"Drops a pass a week."

Simply not true.

If you can't name 1 starting WR that's worse then it's not that much of an hyperbole is it?

Megbert
01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
The system I'm talking about here is, of course, receivers randomly dropping the ball for no reason at all. Wide open receivers do not drop the ball, ever, in the NFL. (Unless your name is Jerramy Stevens and you're playing in the Super Bowl.) Now, I can almost understand when a player like Samie Parker drops a pass over the middle while not being covered by anyone. But when Rod Smith is wide open down the field and the ball glances off his hands? Not cool.

http://www.epinions.com/content_220619443844

Referring to Madden annoyances.
Pretty funny.

Thats crap about wide open receivers not dropping passes. Couple weeks ago TO dropped a TD when he was wide open. Every receiver drops passes at some point covered or not. As for Samie he has had his share of drops mostly in the beginning of the season. He then went on a streak of games where he was catching everything thrown his way. Maybe one drop or so a game through that stretch if that.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Samie receives a really bad rap around here. He's improved and is a solid contributor. I still don't think he's hit his ceiling and can continue to improve.

This is really just his 2nd year (played in 4 games his rookie season, no starts and only caught 9 passes).

While he didn't blow away his numbers from last year, he had more yards, more catches and stayed healthy.

He also has stopped celebrating after every routine catch as he did earlier in the season.

Samie dropping too many passes is a myth. He's dropped less than 6 passes all season. Larry Johnson leads the team in dropped passes. Eddie Kennison leads the team in passes not caught (not necessarily drops).

KFD Samie Parker.

Brock
01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
If you can't name 1 starting WR that's worse then it's not that much of an hyperbole is it?

Worse at dropping passes? There are a bunch. They're also receivers that are targetted a lot more than Samie Parker is though.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Skip Towne
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
The way to tell if a WR is any good is to cut him. If somebody picks him up, he's good. Carl taught me that trck with Joe Horn.

Bwana
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
He better improve A Lot in the next 24 hours. He can't pull the stone hands crap in the playoffs and needs to step it up.

jspchief
01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Watch the way he catches the ball. He uses is body. That's because even he knows he has bad hands.

I just don't consider him a very good receiver.

DaKCMan AP
Thats crap about wide open receivers not dropping passes. Couple weeks ago TO dropped a TD when he was wide open. Every receiver drops passes at some point covered or not. As for Samie he has had his share of drops mostly in the beginning of the season. He then went on a streak of games where he was catching everything thrown his way. Maybe one drop or so a game through that stretch if that.

TO leads the NFL in drops.

Some other WRs in the top 20 in drops:

Darrell Jackson
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith
Chris Chambers
Donald Driver
Braylon Edwards
Joey Galloway
Randy Moss
Reggie Wayne

Hammock Parties

Johnnie Morant.

Fish
01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Worse at dropping passes? There are a bunch. They're also receivers that are targetted a lot more than Samie Parker is though.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Haha... T.O. is teh suck.....

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2007, 12:54 PM

Samie Parker isn't near the league leaders in dropped passes. He's not even top-20 in the AFC in passes dropped.

StcChief
01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Samie receives a really bad rap around here. He's improved and is a solid contributor. I still don't think he's hit his ceiling and can continue to improve.

This is really just his 2nd year (played in 4 games his rookie season, no starts and only caught 9 passes).

While he didn't blow away his numbers from last year, he had more yards, more catches and stayed healthy.

He also has stopped celebrating after every routine catch as he did earlier in the season.

Samie dropping too many passes is a myth. He's dropped less than 6 passes all season. Larry Johnson leads the team in dropped passes. Eddie Kennison leads the team in passes not caught (not necessarily drops).

KFD Samie Parker. But alot of clutch situations were drops.

He can't catch in coverage very well. If he burns 'em or button hook yeah.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:00 PM

All of them are better than Parker.
Some of them not even starters (Northcutt).

Brock
01-05-2007, 01:02 PM
All of them are better than Parker.
Some of them not even starters (Northcutt).

I don't disagree, but clearly Parker doesn't drop anywhere near a pass per game.

HC_Chief
He's a 3rd WR at best. Most likely a 4th WR for other teams.

wutamess
Samie Parker isn't near the league leaders in dropped passes. He's not even top-20 in the AFC in passes dropped.

I said worse: Not worse at dropping passes.
Name a starting WR that's worse (overall) than him.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't disagree, but clearly Parker doesn't drop anywhere near a pass per game.

I never disputed the pass/game exxageration.
I said he's the worse starting WR in the NFL.

You guys do realize that if he got cut that he's end up like a Cro Thorpe of Minnis right? There'll be people that take chances but he wouldn't be anything more than practice squad material.

He's too short to suck so bad. Brings nothing to the table except speed.

Maybe he should run more reverses or something, then he'd have value.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Terrell Owens/Randy Moss...

any questions?

Inspector
01-05-2007, 01:05 PM
"Drops a pass a week."

Simply not true.

You are correct.

Last year, the second week of April, Samie did not drop one single pass.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
You are correct.

Last year, the second week of April, Samie did not drop one single pass.

If he dropped one pass a week, he would be ahead of TO in that catagory...

Fish
01-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I do have to commend him for his blocking effort.... he doesn't have the mass to be a great blocking WR, but he blocks hard till after the whistle is blown.... more than you can say for some other highly paid WRs.....

Inspector
If he dropped one pass a week, he would be ahead of TO in that catagory...

Yep, that would be 52 dropped passes a year at that rate. Yikes!

DaKCMan AP

I think Ernest Wilford (Jax) is worse than Samie Parker.
Also, Brandon Jones (Tenn).

Reerun_KC
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Yep, that would be 52 dropped passes a year at that rate. Yikes!

would leap year be one or more less?

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I do have to commend him for his blocking effort.... he doesn't have the mass to be a great blocking WR, but he blocks hard till after the whistle is blown.... more than you can say for some other highly paid WRs.....

You mean the blocking effort that prohibited LJ from taking that screen pass to the house when Rolle swatted him out of the way like he was a fly?

teedubya
01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Samie Parker, knowwhatimsayin, sucks, knowwhatimsayin, real bad, knowwhatimsayin...

Now, knowwhatimsayin, if he stopped, knowwhatimsayin, dropped passes, knowwhatimsayin, all the time, knowwhatimsayin, he wouldnt, knowwhatimsayin, be so bad, knowwhatimsayin?

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:13 PM

I'd take either in a heart beat over Parker.
Both are victims of QB play.

Wilford has size and can do some things.
Parker has speed and could've done some things if he'd just catch the ball.

Jones has come o strong this year while Vince's play has come on.

BigChiefFan
01-05-2007, 01:13 PM
41 catches and 1 TD is pretty damn weak for a starting number 2 WR, IMO. He's improved but not enough, IMO. Samie will make a fine slot receiver.

PastorMikH
01-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I think he has improved, though I'm not sure he could hang on to #2 at this point with any of the other playoff teams. I would prefer he be #3 right now with someone at least comparable to Kennison ahead of him.

At least he isn't smiling as he passes the punter walking of the field after having a crucial catch that would have moved the chains bounce off his hands.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Samie Parker, knowwhatimsayin, sucks, knowwhatimsayin, real bad, knowwhatimsayin...

Now, knowwhatimsayin, if he stopped, knowwhatimsayin, dropped passes, knowwhatimsayin, all the time, knowwhatimsayin, he wouldnt, knowwhatimsayin, be so bad, knowwhatimsayin?

ROFL

Fish
01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
You mean the blocking effort that prohibited LJ from taking that screen pass to the house when Rolle swatted him out of the way like he was a fly?

ehhhh.... he held that block for quite a while before Rolle got through it. And if Rolle didn't grab the facemask, he never would have brought LJ down. I don't blame Parker for that...

kc rush
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM

He's got it down to 'sayin' now. 'Sayin'?

supercoupe91
01-05-2007, 01:18 PM

LMAO. You gotta be kidding. Either of those guys would have 5X Parker's numbers if they were in our offense.

Last year he had key fumbles, this year it's dropped passes. Stop defending this guy. Man alive.

Plus, he celebrates like an ass clown, and he tried to fight Clint freaking Ingram. That dude would destroy lil Sammie. Notice none of the Chiefs came to his defense?

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:19 PM
ehhhh.... he held that block for quite a while before Rolle got through it. And if Rolle didn't grab the facemask, he never would have brought LJ down. I don't blame Parker for that...

Maybe you were looking at a different play.
Rolle had no choice but to wait until LJ got to him before making his move to swat Parker out of the way.

It looked like Parker held his block but if Rolle would've committed too early LJ would've used Parkers body for a shield and went in for the score.

Brock
01-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I guess I'd take Parker over any receiver the Falcons have. You think Parker can't catch.

Eleazar
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
A good WR gets the QB to target him by getting open. Parker disappears for quarters at a time it seems. So what are his backers saying? That he's wide open all the time and Green just refuses to throw him the ball?

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I guess I'd take Parker over any receiver the Falcons have. You think Parker can't catch.

You might have a point In Jenkins.

But still I th ink Jenkins & Finneran is better. (If Finneran is still the WR).
Once again bad QB play. Vick is the most overrated/innacurate passer of all time.

He & E. Manning are neck and neck.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
It's too early to give up on Parker. STFU!

KC Kings
01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
The way to tell if a WR is any good is to cut him. If somebody picks him up, he's good. Carl taught me that trck with Joe Horn.

We cut Horn so he could go to NO, hump Roaf's wife, forcing the future HOF'er to move to KC.

Don't underestimate the genous behind Carl's decisions.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll throw you guys a WR that's horrible jsut like him and has all the hype just like him.

Williamson in MN.
I swear he's a spitting image of Parker (drops everything that comes his way his 1-2 cances/game he gets).
But I think he's a #3.

Hammock Parties
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146943&highlight=poised

wutamess
It's too early to give up on Parker. STFU!
2 early with 2 full seasons and 4 INT's under his belt.
Hell naw... Give Webb a chance.

Easy 6
01-05-2007, 01:27 PM
He needs to battle Webb, Hannon & anyone else we bring in for the #3 in 07.

Just NOT consistent enough to be on the field every play.

HemiEd

I call bullshit. Last week he made a very fine catch on a slant patern from Huard. He celebrated immediately, as if it was a TD, but it was much needed first down.

KC Kings
LMAO. You gotta be kidding. Either of those guys would have 5X Parker's numbers if they were in our offense.

Last year he had key fumbles, this year it's dropped passes. Stop defending this guy. Man alive.

Plus, he celebrates like an ass clown, and he tried to fight Clint freaking Ingram. That dude would destroy lil Sammie. Notice none of the Chiefs came to his defense?

That was BS that the only guy willing to step up to Ingram was "lil Sammy Parker". What's to stop teams from drilling your QB if the entire offense allows it to happen with no reprocussion?

I will be wearing my #80 Webb jersey this weekend, strictly for the mojo.

Brock
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll throw you guys a WR that's horrible jsut like him and has all the hype just like him.

Williamson in MN.
I swear he's a spitting image of Parker (drops everything that comes his way his 1-2 cances/game he gets).
But I think he's a #3.

That is who he reminds me of as well. At least he didn't cost a high first rounder.

Fish
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe you were looking at a different play.
Rolle had no choice but to wait until LJ got to him before making his move to swat Parker out of the way.

It looked like Parker held his block but if Rolle would've committed too early LJ would've used Parkers body for a shield and went in for the score.

Rolle had to wait because he was getting blocked.... and the only way Rolle could make a play was to snag the facemask. If Parker hadn't blocked worth a shit like you say, then Rolle would have been in position to make a tackle instead of trying to spin LJ's head around. You can't fault Parker because Rolle did something illegal....

NaptownChief
01-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I think Parker is a perfect fit for the role they have Dante Hall playing in the offense. 3rd/4th WR type to come in and use his speed to make the occasional play here and there against a safety or nickelback. To be undersized at WR you have to have great hands and route running ability to make up for it and it doesn't appear as if he has either.

Parker isn't horrible but he isn't a consistent enough or talented enough to be counted on as a good #2.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I call bullshit. Last week he made a very fine catch on a slant patern from Huard. He celebrated immediately, as if it was a TD, but it was much needed first down.

I missed most of last week's game due to airtravel. However, I did see the point in the game when Huard entered while in the Dallas airport. He did get up and run further down the field, kind of leaping. However, he didn't kneel down and do the "first-down" signal that he did earlier in the season.

wutamess
01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
That is who he reminds me of as well. At least he didn't cost a high first rounder.

We finally agree on something.

Mecca
01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
TO leads the NFL in drops.

Some other WRs in the top 20 in drops:

Darrell Jackson
Andre Johnson
Steve Smith
Chris Chambers
Donald Driver
Braylon Edwards
Joey Galloway
Randy Moss
Reggie Wayne

Most of these guys have had 100+ Balls thrown at them so it is relative to drops.....imagine how many drops Parker would have if he had the 100+ balls thrown at him that guys like Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne do.

If people really think Parker is improved or a capable starting WR, their standards are really low. He's like Kawika Mitchell people think they're alright because we don't have anything better meanwhile they both suck total ass.

Bob Dole
01-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Oh no you dint. Oh no you dint.

Fish
01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Most of these guys have had 100+ Balls thrown at them so it is relative to drops.....imagine how many drops Parker would have if he had the 100+ balls thrown at him that guys like Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne do.

If people really think Parker is improved or a capable starting WR, their standards are really low. He's like Kawika Mitchell people think they're alright because we don't have anything better meanwhile they both suck total ass.

Every time you post.... a wood elf dies in the forest............

Brock
01-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Duh. Who's arguing?

Mecca
01-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Duh. Who's arguing?

Well he said they had more drops....he didn't point out how many more balls they get thrown to them.....

Mecca
01-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Every time you post.... a wood elf dies in the forest............

Yea yea......what happens on those whiffed tackles Mitchell has every week? Especially the ones where he whiffs on the QB.....gotta love that.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Yea yea......what happens on those whiffed tackles Mitchell has every week? Especially the ones where he whiffs on the QB.....gotta love that.

Micheal Jackson drops a baby from a balchoney window?

MahiMike
01-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Take it from a guy who only gets to see a couple games/year. The 3 times I did see a game he dropped passes. I'd say he's very consistent. In his case, that's not a good thing.

Brock
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Well he said they had more drops....he didn't point out how many more balls they get thrown to them.....

Do you think anyone wouldn't recognize that, Captain Obvious?

Fish
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM

I didn't say you weren't right...... Just that you shouldn't take a job answering phones at a suicide hotline center......

Frazod
01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
He's improved, but not enough. And he's a f#cking punk on top of it. Basically Minnis with a bit more meat on his bones. We really need to upgrade this position in offseason.

FringeNC
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Bigfoot has a bigger impact than Parker.

Bob Dole
01-05-2007, 03:29 PM

FYI - 78% of Brandon Jones' catches this year have resulted in a first down (14.2 yards per catch). Nearly one in every five results in a TD.

He sucks.

tiptap
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
He has gotten better but is a long way from matching the production of 'the worm' and add to that the less time for passes because of the line and there you have the drop off in production in the air.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2007, 04:25 PM
FYI - 78% of Brandon Jones' catches this year have resulted in a first down (14.2 yards per catch). Nearly one in every five results in a TD.

He sucks.

80.5% of Samie Parker's receptions this year have resulted in a first down (13.7 yards per catch).

What's your point?

RealSNR
01-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd take either in a heart beat over Parker.
Both are victims of QB play.

Wilford has size and can do some things.
Parker has speed and could've done some things if he'd just catch the ball.

Jones has come o strong this year while Vince's play has come on.If you want to talk about receivers that drop shit, look no further than Ernest Wilford. He's a MUCH less reliable receiver than Parker and "taking him in a heartbeat" over Parker means you're completely blinded with playa' hate for Parker.

Remember, this is Samie Parker, not Larry Parker.

KCChiefsMan
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
he will be the next Joe Horn

Deberg_1990
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Guys,

Sammie is what he is:

a 4th round talent, smallish WR.

Some of you guys act as if the guy was a top 10 pick.

I dont have a problem with the guy at all. Its all relative....

Rain Man
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Wilford has to be the slowest receiver in the league. He's a live slow-motion replay.

Bob Dole
01-05-2007, 07:33 PM
80.5% of Samie Parker's receptions this year have resulted in a first down (13.7 yards per catch).

What's your point?

That your expectations for young wide receivers is a bit unrealistic?

Of course, our receivers have sucked ass for the past 5 years as evidenced by Trent Green's incredibly shitty passing stats prior to this season. So maybe Bob Dole's patience is unwarranted.

wutamess
02-27-2007, 02:58 PM
BUmp by request.

FDS
02-28-2007, 02:21 AM
The best WR drafted by the Chiefs in eons.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2007, 02:48 AM
If by improvement you mean sucking, then yes. He's about as dependable as US Post Office.

Direckshun
02-28-2007, 08:33 AM
He's got a big heart and he loves to block. He hasn't got great hands but he usually shows up for the big one.

Add 25 lbs, and that's the prototype of a Herm Edwards receiver. He's not going anywhere, but I do believe he'll be demoted to a #3 receiver.