PDA

View Full Version : I would have rather had our season end last week.........

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
than witness an abortion of a playoff performance that we all saw today by the Chiefs.

We would have saved face and had a better draft position and would not have to live with the embarrassment of this loss until the our next playoff win when ever that will be.

blueballs
01-06-2007, 07:48 PM
was Saunders and Vermiel here only
to prove that Martz was not the brains in ST Louie
to hell with winning a Super Bowl
it is about the points baby

Bowser
01-06-2007, 07:49 PM
That is, without question, a gigantic crock of shit.

Phobia
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm not going to talk trash to anybody until the Chiefs win a playoff game.

Redcoats58
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow! You're gonna become a very dull poster. It was nice knowing you.

Warrior5
01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
than witness an abortion of a playoff performance that we all saw today by the Chiefs.

We would have saved face and had a better draft position and would not have to live with the embarrassment of this loss until the our next playoff win when ever that will be.

Not me, for 2 reasons:

1. We actually made it, poor performance or not.

2. The abysmal offensive play and playcalling should be a stronger catalyst for change.

cdcox
01-06-2007, 07:55 PM

To me, the excitment of the last week far, far outweighed the disappoingment. I think we need to rebuild and our team was in dissarray. But the last week was FUN.

Bowser
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Even Detroit?

Warrior5
01-06-2007, 07:57 PM
To me, the excitment of the last week far, far outweighed the disappoingment. I think we need to rebuild and our team was in dissarray. But the last week was FUN.

Ditto.

Sam Hall
01-06-2007, 07:57 PM

Tell that to all the teams who didn't make the playoffs.

Sam Hall
01-06-2007, 07:59 PM
There's not a team in the league whose goal is to have a high draft pick.

Bob Dole
01-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Actually, you would have rather had our season end last week so you could keep posting all these topics every week without looking like a complete dipshit.

Year one of the Edwards' era with the starting QB out half of the season, and we managed to squeak into the playoffs and actually force a punt.

Year one of the Vermeil era: 6-10.

We all understand your position. Give it a rest. (Or at least just revive one of your other 200 threads that say essentially the same thing...)

InvisibleCloudBein
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
You have to make the playoffs to win the Superbowl.

I would much rather lose in the first round than choke away a home game against a bad NFCW team and miss the playoffs, if you know what I mean.

It's sad that a mostly heroic performance by the improved Chiefs D was wasted by a terrible offense.

Where the **** did the Colts run D come from? They gave up about 8523 yards in Jax a month ago! I was hoping for more on offense, to put it mildly.

Warrior5
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
...and actually force a punt...

Make that two punts.

DaWolf
01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
True, because next year when we make the playoffs we don't need our guys to have gotten a taste of what the playoffs are about. Better they have no idea what kind of intensity they need to bring to compete in the playoffs.

Give me a freaking break...

cdcox
01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
'63, just likes to complain. I remember in 2003 the Chiefs were like 9-0 and he's saying that he thinks that 2004 will be the year for the Chiefs. He just doesn't know how to enjoy the moment. Sad for him.

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Actually, you would have rather had our season end last week so you could keep posting all these topics every week without looking like a complete dipshit.

Year one of the Edwards' era with the starting QB out half of the season, and we managed to squeak into the playoffs and actually force a punt.

Year one of the Vermeil era: 6-10.

We all understand your position. Give it a rest. (Or at least just revive one of your other 200 threads that say essentially the same thing...)

I'm glad someone can lift their head after this absymal display of ineptitude on O. I can't get over the embarrassment.

Bob Dole
01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm glad someone can lift their head after this absymal display of ineptitude on O. I can't get over the embarrassment.

True. A lot of teams lose their QB week 1 of the season, play musical chairs with the offensive line for a couple of months, then qualify for the playoffs.

Bob Dole is as disgusted with today's game as anyone else, but it's a pleasant surprise that we even had a game to watch today.

Rain Man
01-06-2007, 10:31 PM
My preferences:

1. Win a playoff game. (I've heard that such a thing is possible.)
2. Lose a playoff game.
3. Get blown out of a playoff game.
4. Sit at home like the Broncos.

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
True. A lot of teams lose their QB week 1 of the season, play musical chairs with the offensive line for a couple of months, then qualify for the playoffs.

Bob Dole is as disgusted with today's game as anyone else, but it's a pleasant surprise that we even had a game to watch today.

That was not a game we watched. It was a complete joke.

Simplex3
01-06-2007, 10:33 PM
You have to make the playoffs to win the Superbowl.
ROFL

Oh, wait. That wasn't a joke? You actually thought we had a shot?

yeti
01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
the chiefs getting into the playoffs was fun as hell kinda like winning the lottery would be. But unfortunately losing today was like blowing all the money right away. This was still fun while it lasted though

chiefsfan1963
01-06-2007, 10:39 PM
My preferences:

1. Win a playoff game. (I've heard that such a thing is possible.)
2. Lose a playoff game.
3. Get blown out of a playoff game.
4. Sit at home like the Broncos.

none of the above. they did not lose that game they didn't get blown out they embarrassed themselves and their fans for many years to come. This taste of disgrace will not wash out of our mouths until they win a playoff game. Really until they become a dominating team again.

I can only hope now, but I know that there is hope because of the NE Pats playoff history before Bellichek was similar to ours and now look at them.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Not me, for 2 reasons:

1. We actually made it, poor performance or not.

2. The abysmal offensive play and playcalling should be a stronger catalyst for change.

Carl is not going to Fire his buddy Herm, so #2 is a moot point....

01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
ACtually, I am glad we got to this game. not glad we pissed it away but glad that the powers that be got to see what they have in a coach.

KCLJ27
01-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Even Detroit?
I think Millen and Peterson share the same mind

RJ
01-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I would always choose losing a playoff game, no matter how painful, over missing them altogether. To me that's a no-brainer.

Remember when the Bucs kicked the Raiders asses in the SB four years ago? The consensus on this board at the time was that it was better to have not been in the game at all. BS, it's always better to play and have a chance to win than to not play at all. I'm sorry we lost today but I'm glad we played the game.

HMc
01-07-2007, 12:06 AM
man we were down at halftime, what, 9-0? You're a lameass.

chiefsfan1963
01-07-2007, 01:12 AM
man we were down at halftime, what, 9-0? You're a lameass.

with our O the game would have been lost w/ a 0-0 tie going into OT where we have won the coin toss. did you see the same game? and you have the gaul to call me a lame ass?

chiefsfan1963
01-07-2007, 01:13 AM
i heard LJ agrees with me. He wishes we never made the playoffs given what we did today. DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a long offseason.

blueballs
01-07-2007, 01:25 AM
you wil have all offseason to roll in this shit like a happy little pig

Stinger
01-07-2007, 01:27 AM

Only if you keep posting

HMc
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
with our O the game would have been lost w/ a 0-0 tie going into OT where we have won the coin toss. did you see the same game? and you have the gaul to call me a lame ass?

gaul? uh, yeah. everyone here thinks you're a lameass.

showing up and giving it everything you've got is a pretty good way to approach not only sport, but f*cking life. Claiming post failure that it would have been better to have not tried is the talk of losers. everyone out there wanted it today. Green, Black, Herm, even Carl. They failed today but i guarantee you it's not through want of trying.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I would rather lose in the playoffs than sit at home. We know you get a woody from the 40 point scored, 42 points given up era but quit bitching about it. We lost basically 4 of the starters off those offenses and still made the playoffs. That is not that bad, shit Herm got us in the playoffs something Dicky V and Al the Greatest Offensive Coordinator only did once.

FringeNC
01-07-2007, 01:51 AM
I was anti-Herm going into the season, but I cut him some slack because of Green and Roaf. We were no juggernaut last year with Roaf out, but we did put up 500 yards with Black at LT against Houston, a better D than Indy. In all honesty, Herm castrated the offense to a greater degree than I feared in my worst nightmares.

Bob Dole
01-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Actually, it's going to be the shortest offseason we've had in a few years, since we played a week longer.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I was anti-Herm going into the season, but I cut him some slack because of Green and Roaf. We were no juggernaut last year with Roaf out, but we did put up 500 yards with Black at LT against Houston, a better D than Indy. In all honesty, Herm castrated the offense to a greater degree than I feared in my worst nightmares.

Yeah no Roaf, no T-Rich, no Green and Welbourn for most of the season, I would have castrated it too.

chiefsfan1963
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Actually, it's going to be the shortest offseason we've had in a few years, since we played a week longer.

after yesterday's game it will feel like 2 years before next season starts.

Iowanian
01-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd just like to say

Fist yourself. Where in the hell was your dumbass during the Chiefs winning streak?

f@ck you. Saunders sucked in Washington this year.

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
it is about the points baby

Not its not. Herm told us in Training Camp that we scored to fast and to often. You cant try and out score your opponent on the road, you have to run the ball and control the clock...

Funny, We couldnt do either yesterday...