PDA

View Full Version : Start Croyle in 07!!!!

ILChief
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Who's with me? Green is washed up and Huard at 34 isn't a long-term solution. No more 30 something journeymen. Brodie's the man!

Bowser
01-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought we were going to draft JaMarcus Russell?

Start printing Super Bowl tickets in '08!!!one

KCLJ27
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Who's with me? Green is washed up and Huard at 34 isn't a long-term solution. No more 30 something journeymen. Brodie's the man!

I agree we should give Croyle a shot. I don't think he's the answer but he should get his shot while we look for a younger QB. I'd love to see Brees here

PinkFloyd
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Seems to me we are the only organization who wants a quick fix, rather than taking our lumps for afew years -- only then to get better for the long run...

I'm all for it...

HonestChieffan
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
croyle can go too

Sam Hall
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM

This would be a bad situation.

Simply Red
01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
i have gas.

-that's all I have for now.

Simply Red
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
croyle can go too

Croyle can EFF himself in the pooper!

DaWolf
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
He needs to have a shot in the offseason but I doubt we rush him. He might be 2 on the depth chart which probably means bye bye Huard. I anticipate Green getting one more year.

The wildcard could be if Green and the Chiefs decide to part. I say this because I really don't think Green is comfortable with the coaching staff and that might come out in the offseason, and the team might go another direction...

PinkFloyd
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
We should have taken Warner when we had the chance !!!

ROFL ROFL

suds79
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Yup I'm with you. The guy has had his season to sit. Now it's time to see if he can play.

If he can, great. If he can't well then at least we know we need to find someone who can.

Our current situation with Trent is not going to work out given his age.

I hope Trent retires because if he doesn't, it's going to be embarrassing for him when he gets yanked next year for stinking up the joint. And it will happen too. The guy is just washed up.

cdcox
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd rather build the offensive line a bit before we go and put a young promising QB in. Crpyle would have no chance for success and just get his confidence shattered.

PinkFloyd
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Yup I'm with you. The guy has had his season to sit. Now it's time to see if he can play.

If he can, great. If he can't well then at least we know we need to find someone who can.

That's this organizations problem... We DON'T give a young guy a chance to become a winner... We need to have a quick fix - 35 year old washed up vet to get us somewhere...

I'm all for losing for 2-3 years to make a young kid into a Manning...

el borracho
01-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Honestly, if we don't fix the Oline and get some WRs it won't matter much who we have at QB.

cdcox
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
That's this organizations problem... We DON'T give a young guy a chance to become a winner... We need to have a quick fix - 35 year old washed up vet to get us somewhere...

I'm all for losing for 2-3 years to make a young kid into a Manning...

I don't think it works that way.

You put a guy in, he has to have relative success within the first two years. If he doesn't the pressure gets to him and he turns downhill. He might make it with another city, but I can't think of a QB who has sucked for 3 years and all the sudden turned it around.

That said, I'd wait another year with Croyle so we can do some things to improve the OL. I don't think any young QB will succeed behind this line. Maybe a scrambler, but Croyle does not fit that mode.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Green in 07, Croyle in 08. Rebuild the OL in between.

PinkFloyd
01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think any young QB will succeed behind this line. Maybe a scrambler, but Croyle does not fit that mode.

:hmmm:

Let's trade our O-Line except maybe Waters for Vince Young !!!

:)

Wallcrawler
01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
The Chiefs should make a bid for Byron Leftwich. He's pretty much the best QB out there that would be available who isnt over the hill.

Either that, or the Chiefs just bite the bullet and do a MAJOR housecleaning and be prepared to suck hardcore for about 2-3 years until they can rebuild the team over with younger players.

At this point I could really care less. Playoff embarrassments, shitty draft position, it really cant get much worse.

At least if they do completely rebuild, they have a shot at a high draft pick.

Bowser
01-06-2007, 08:52 PM
The Chiefs should make a bid for Byron Leftwich. He's pretty much the best QB out there that would be available who isnt over the hill.

Piss on that. If we're going into hock for somebody else's QB, go after Matt Schaub or David Carr (yes, THAT David Carr). Leftwich is Michael Vick without the running ability. Either that, or the Chiefs just bite the bullet and do a MAJOR housecleaning and be prepared to suck hardcore for about 2-3 years until they can rebuild the team over with younger players. Honestly, it's probably long overdue for a good enema aout at 1 Arrowhead Drive.