PDA

View Full Version : Our last playoff win was against the Oilers

KCLJ27
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Thats just plain ass embarassing. Can i have my brown paper bag to put over my head please?

Mecca
01-06-2007, 08:14 PM
The Texans will probably win a playoff game before us.

Spott
01-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Damn, the Oilers haven't been around since 96.

RJ
01-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I never thought about it, but I guess there are some members of this board who were in elementary school the last time we won a playoff game. In fact, some of them may have been too young to remember it. Hell, I can barely remember it.

KCLJ27
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I never thought about it, but I guess there are some members of this board who were in elementary school the last time we won a playoff game. In fact, some of them may have been too young to remember it. Hell, I can barely remember it.

I was in middle school :(

louie aguiar
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I loved when Keith Cash caught that touchdown and flung it at a poster with Buddy Ryan's face on it.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM

I was in 3rd grade. Senior in college now.

Redcoats58
01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I loved when Keith Cash caught that touchdown and flung it at a poster with Buddy Ryan's face on it.
That was a great moment. I think I was 19.

Mecca
01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I was I believe 14 at the time........

KCLJ27
01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
We have to be one of teams with the longest streak of not winning a playoff game. Anyone know where we rank?

Mecca
01-06-2007, 08:35 PM
We have to be one of teams with the longest streak of not winning a playoff game. Anyone know where we rank?

Every team has won a playoff game since us cept about 2 or 3......even the Cardinals have.

KCTitus
01-06-2007, 08:37 PM

soph in college..dang Im old

RJ
01-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I was in 3rd grade. Senior in college now.

Do you remember the game? Were you a fan yet?

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Do you remember the game? Were you a fan yet?

Yeah I remember it like yesterday. Late Sunday afternoon game, Montana Magic at its finest. Also remember the next day, we had no school and the Northridge earthquake hit so watched that on tv all day. Then the shitty Buffalo game the next week.

My first real Chiefs memory is the 1992 season. Season opener with Dale Carter's rookie breakout game with a punt return.

the Talking Can
01-06-2007, 08:46 PM
what sucks is that we don't even play well...we always embarrass ourselves...we also get out-coached...we always set some record for futility

i could handle losing easier if we played a tough smart game and just barely lost....but that is never true of CP's teams...

KCTitus
01-06-2007, 08:50 PM
what sucks is that we don't even play well...we always embarrass ourselves...we also get out-coached...we always set some record for futility

i could handle losing easier if we played a tough smart game and just barely lost....but that is never true of CP's teams...

I cannot disagree here...it's been a staple for as long as I can remember. Actually, it's been before CP, but I digress.

KC never, I mean EVER, wins a big game it needs to win. The two rare exceptions were with Montana in 93. That's it. Short of that, KC has lost any 'must win' game.

the Talking Can
01-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I cannot disagree here...it's been a staple for as long as I can remember. Actually, it's been before CP, but I digress.

KC never, I mean EVER, wins a big game it needs to win. The two rare exceptions were with Montana in 93. That's it. Short of that, KC has lost any 'must win' game.

and we either lost to inferior teams, or get clowned by superior teams...when have we ever given a gritty performance, where the announcers say "Well, it's a shame someone had to lose today...both teams played well"???

god, I went for a walk to calm down and now I'm getting pissed again...lol

KCTitus
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
and we either lost to inferior teams, or get clowned by superior teams...when have we ever given a gritty performance, where the announcers say "Well, it's a shame someone had to lose today...both teams played well"???

Yeah, it's really a damn shame that KC has never in the last 20 plus years won a 'big' game...a game they had to win save for those 2 Montana led playoff games. Hell, even in tonights game the only 'real' talent -- talent that's been there before showed up, Ty Law...I feel bad for Law, and possibly Tony and Will Shields.

the Talking Can
01-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, it's really a damn shame that KC has never in the last 20 plus years won a 'big' game...a game they had to win save for those 2 Montana led playoff games. Hell, even in tonights game the only 'real' talent -- talent that's been there before showed up, Ty Law...I feel bad for Law, and possibly Tony and Will Shields.

yup, Law raised his game...he understood...compare that to Kennison et al dropping passes....

I'm pretty happy with Hali and Allen too....their pressure was responsible for Manning's ints....but the rest looked old or scared or clueless (Mitchell)

I still enjoyed the week leading up to it though. This playoff taste will keep me dreaming through the off season.

KCTitus
01-06-2007, 09:05 PM
yup, Law raised his game...he understood...compare that to Kennison et al dropping passes....

I'm pretty happy with Hali and Allen too....their pressure was responsible for Manning's ints....but the rest looked old or scared or clueless (Mitchell)

I still enjoyed the week leading up to it though. This playoff taste will keep me dreaming through the off season.

True...last Sunday was 'our' playoff win...totally unexpected.

siberian khatru
01-06-2007, 09:09 PM

I mentioned earlier today that we almost never lose "straight up." We suffer missed FGs, fluky plays, crazy penalties, boneheaded coaching ... things that just tear your heart out and drive you nuts saying "If only THIS hadn't happened ..."

I think getting shut out by San Diego in 1992 was the last time we just got flat-out beaten, no "what ifs" involved.