PDA

View Full Version : What do the Chiefs this year? This should be a good one.

RedThat
01-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Isn't it amazing how a football team like Indianapolis can reveal the true colours of our football team?

After that game, I think it's clear that there are several key areas of weaknesses on this team that need to be addressed in the off-season.

Ok I'll start off and Identify a few positions of need:

-DT most definate need
-MLB Mitchell aint the answer to a building a great defense
-OT we can use one bigtime
-WR it amazes me how this franchise never had a big play WR for a while

*And a few others like QB possibly, CB? Um Surtain and Law are solid, but getting up there in age. But it wouldn't hurt if this team were to draft a CB.

*So if your the Chiefs, what do you do in the draft? Do you take a DT? MLB? OT? WR? Personally I think, since we draft at 23, you gotta take the best player available that suits our position of needs. Basically what Im saying is, it wouldn't make sense to draft a DT, when lets say the top 3 are taken by the time we pick. But lets say we stuck with the 4th best DT, and the best WR is still on the board? You gotta go with the WR. Just using that as an example.

Or even better, get rid of Carl Peterson?

Braincase
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Retool entire offensive line. We may need to replace/draft/acquire 2 offensive tackles, 1 offensive guard, and center. We may have a kid with guard/center potential in Niswanger, but we need more tools.

We need a new one more RB, pref. a new FB. Cruz might come back, but he's no TRich. We need a TRich.

Two defensive tackles, one first day rookie that has an IQ higher than room temperature who played in an NFL style D at a big time college. One free agent at the other. Ryan Sims will screw up on his last day, allowing the doorknob to become lodged in his ass when it hits him on his way out. Carl will wuss out and not charge him for the doorknob, thus affecting the cap in 2007.

Let's see if Donnie Edwards wants to play an outside lineback for Gunther. I apologize to any and all that thought I supported Kendrell Bell. What a waste of a paycheck.

If he is available at the end of the day, or we miraculously pull off some kind of trade to get an additional pick, I'd be in favor of getting the QB from Boise State. That kid knows how and wants to win.

WR? Can we find someone good that is a team oriented savant that shys away from the spotlight? About 6'7" with a 4.1 40?

Won't make much of a difference. We fell behind SD and Denver in the rebuilding phase, so I expect us to finish third next year.

Hoover
01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
We have the 16th ranked D with Shitty DT's and Mittchell at MLB. While I agree that we need to upgrade those areas, I think we have other more important needs.

OT: Its obvious that our lack of protection kills our offense. If we can bring in a LT, we could them more on of our T's to gaurd to replace Shields.

Center: No one really talks about this, but I think the reason LJ's yards per carry is down is becuse we are not that strong in the middle of the line. Wiegmann has been a great pick up, but he can't do it anymore. This is an area of need because it will affect out running game greatly.

QB: I don't know what the Chiefs gain by haveing Green at QB for another year. We are now in a time of transition, we will probable implement a new offense this offseason, I think its time to move on. I think we should try and get a FA who can come in and start, and still develope Croyel.

WR: For years I have thought that the Chiefs don't have any depth at WR. Dante Hall is a #5 WR/KR and nothing more. I like to use him, but we really only have one WR on this team, Eddie Kennison and He is old. We have lacked a true #1 WR for years now, if Kennison is around next year he is a solid #2, but Hall is a 5, and Parker is a 3 or 4.

FloridaMan88
01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Left tackle, Right tackle, WR and a new offensive coordinator