PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The future is bright.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
People need to stop being so negative. Herm wasn't brought in to get an "almost-there" team over the hump. He was brought in to bring stability to the program. He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

We're seeing signs that the Chiefs will have a good defense for years to come. We've got a great young running back and with a little luck we'll have a good young quarterback. We can build an offense around that.

I'm excited to see what Herm Edwards does for the Chiefs as their story rolls on. The best is yet to come.

unothadeal
01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
What I like about Herm is he talks about wanting to be a team that is in the playoffs every year, such as the Pats and Colts. That's what this team needs is a way to win the division (Something else high on Herm's list) and be there every year

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
5 years of Herm-now I am depressed.

Sorry but he is just fuggin stoopid. Worst coach in the NFL.

Solari should have been fired today-but Herm will keep him on to kill us a few more years.

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Herm was on his soapbox saying he was going to pull players if they didn't perform.

Did he do that??? He is a big windbag that knows shit about how to manage a game.

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I am bringing back Germ Warfare.

FAX
01-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I heard that if you wish really, really hard on the exact right star on the exact right night, a young, nubile blonde with compelling green eyes and a sensous mouth will enter the room and ask if it's okay if she takes off her clothes because it's so darn hot.

I'm still working on that one, too.

FAX

01-07-2007, 03:45 PM
He never improved the Jets during his tenure there,we just treaded water....so what are you basing this on??your secret insider knowledge??

melbar
01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
The Chiefs were a better team last year, with a better record, we just got screwed as far as going to the playoffs. Last years team would have gone farther, and would have had a couple of 1st downs in the first half...

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:47 PM
He never improved the Jets during his tenure there,we just treaded water

Nevermind the fact that Mangina just went to the playoffs with Herm's talent.

GROB
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Future is bright in Denver. Young rookies played big roles in the QB, LT, RB, TE, WR, DE. Denver needs to add some DL and S, P and will have a bright future expecially on offense. 9-7 playing backups on OL, and lots of rookies, and a 1st place schedule.

FringeNC
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
People need to stop being so negative. Herm wasn't brought in to get an "almost-there" team over the hump. He was brought in to bring stability to the program. He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

We're seeing signs that the Chiefs will have a good defense for years to come. We've got a great young running back and with a little luck we'll have a good young quarterback. We can build an offense around that.

I'm excited to see what Herm Edwards does for the Chiefs as their story rolls on. The best is yet to come.

Did you watch all the playoff games this weekend? Which one was the outlier? Of all the teams in the playoffs, which one appeared to be poorly coached?

luv
01-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Future is bright in Denver. Young rookies played big roles in the QB, LT, RB, TE, WR, DE. Denver needs to add some DL and S, P and will have a bright future expecially on offense. 9-7 playing backups on OL, and lots of rookies, and a 1st place schedule.
Wrong BB.

WilliamTheIrish
I don't see it GC. Perhaps you can expand on this and show me in what way will Herm improve this team?
Yes, I realize we made the playoffs. Yes, I'm happy we got in.

But that performance yesterday was the worst job of coaching I've ever seen.

FringeNC

No such thing as a 1st place schedule.

Nevermind the fact that Mangina just went to the playoffs with Herm's talent.
John abraham,Mawae..Curtis Martin were his core players..they are all gone..what would Herm have done with no running back??he would be a lost puppy..he steps in shit all the time..he took over 2 established teams with winning records and treads water..no better..no worse..and plays the most boring aggravating football possible..TERRIFIED!!

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM

I agree. Denver will be fun to watch. Cutler is amazing.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
what would Herm have done with no running back??

He would have found one I'm sure. Your unabashed Herm hate is unwarranted. He and Mangina had similar seasons in 2006....but Herm did it with a major injury and a harder schedule. Eat that.

htismaqe
01-07-2007, 03:53 PM
If you mean bright as in the flash that appears right before a mushroom cloud, then color me excited about next year!

melbar
01-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't see it GC. Perhaps you can expand on this and show me in what way will Herm improve this team?

Exactly. The D got better. But the O got a lot worse. We looked like a H.S. offense. Bad adjustments in the game. Bad gameplan. No execution.

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
He would have found one I'm sure. Your unabashed Herm hate is unwarranted. He and Mangina had similar seasons in 2006....but Herm did it with a major injury and a harder schedule. Eat that.

Nevermind the fact that we won more games last season with DV with a harder schedule.

There is no reason why this team shouldn't have been at least 12-4.

Simplex3
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
I agree. Denver will be fun to watch. Cutler is amazing.
Now I get it. You're sucking up and trying to get your "I'm a media guy" mojo going.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

Sure there is. The offensive line sucked all year. Green missed half the season.

If Green had played the entire year we'd probably have won 2 or 3 more games.

01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
You being sure???oh that would make me feel better..is that you Lia??

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Now I get it. You're sucking up and trying to get your "I'm a media guy" mojo going.

:thumb:

I don't have an agenda of any sort. I'm not a media guy either, whatever the hell that is.

Simplex3
01-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Sure there is. The offensive line sucked all year. Green missed half the season.

Who was coaching that OL dipshit?

Bearcat
01-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll give him time to get the talent in place, but there's no waiting period on philosophy.

It has little to do with losing the game, and everything to do with how we lost it. It's not like Herm is a first year coach or even a coach that's never been in the playoffs... hell, he's even a former player. One who preached about knowing how the playoffs were different and do-or-die.

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I never liked Herm with the Jets and despise him now. He is just not a good coach in any shape or form.

A great Motivator you say? Yep we sucked on the road and came out in the season opener flat. And lets not talk about how he screwed up timeouts all year.

Herm is just a terrible coach period.

KCFalcon59
01-07-2007, 04:05 PM
If you mean bright as in the flash that appears right before a mushroom cloud, then color me excited about next year!

ROFLROFL

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Remember when we went into Denver and avoided getting embarrassed? For the first time in years I'm looking forward to the next game there.

Simplex3
01-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Remember when we went into Denver and avoided getting embarrassed? For the first time in years I'm looking forward to the next game there.
If that yearly game at pile high is your Super Bowl then you should be thrilled.

Sadly, the Super Bowl is the Super Bowl for the team that plays 8 a year there.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2007, 04:11 PM

Quit feeding Carl Petersons ego....its sickening....

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Quit feeding Carl Petersons ego....its sickening....

Who should Carl have hired?

the Talking Can
01-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd rather 5 years of ass rape than 5 years of Hermyball.

GROB
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM
No such thing as a 1st place schedule.
Indy instead of Jax

NE instead of Miami

It's only two games but Denver played two playoff teams and KC didn't and both were a mediocre 9-7.

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM

How can you say that? Trent Green only had one good game the entire time he played. Huard had a 11-1 TD/INT ratio and the team rallied around him and great chemistry was developed during that run. You don't fix what isn't broken and should have learned that from the Gannon Grbac issue. The offensive line didn't suck all year either. There were games where they simply looked dominant. You were the biggest Huard homer on this entire board. You flip flop more than John Kerry.

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 04:20 PM

Jeff Fisher

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:20 PM
How can you say that? Trent Green only had one good game the entire time he played. .

The concussion and time off clearly affected him as a player. If he had not gotten hurt I believe he would have been more consistent. Huard hurt us in some ballgames this year.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Jeff Fisher

Hell if you are going to name a coach who wasn't available why not Andy Reid or better yet Vince Lombardi.

Easy 6
01-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I ABSOLUTELY agree, the future CAN be bright, with the addition of talent at...

DT, OT & WR.

But it will shine like MUD if Herm doesnt change his O philosophy.

Conservative does NOT have to = STUPID.

Mosbonian
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
GC:

How about explaining to all of us here where Herm made this team better? And tell me how he's going to make us even better, and create the "dynasty" that you talked about on the other thread?

mmaddog

teedubya
01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
We are now in year 2 of Herm... so, we are the 2002 NY Jets. Yee ****ing haw.

RUNRUNPASSPUNT

Easy 6
01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Indy instead of Jax

NE instead of Miami

It's only two games but Denver played two playoff teams and KC didn't and both were a mediocre 9-7.

GO F#CK YOUR DOG YOU SHIT EATING SONOFABITCH.

acesn8s
nobody. He should have fired himself and let someone else do it.

Conservative does NOT have to = STUPID.
It's more about not being so predictable..you can be conservative and try and fool the other team..the last team to ever play smash mouth run it down your throat football was the 1990 NY Giants....you can't play that way anymore..

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
So GC has went from a Herm hater to lover and a Huard lover to Green backer?

Wow flip flop much?

Deberg_1990
01-07-2007, 04:30 PM

He needs to quit surrounding himself with "yes" men and think outside the box for once.

The best ting he ever did was hire Scottenheimer and they really had no history together before that.

The guy has basically gotten fat and happy and coasted for 10+ years now.

01-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Wow flip flop much?
He flip flops more than a pancake at your local IHOP on a Sunday morning..

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow flip flop much?

It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

Easy 6
01-07-2007, 04:33 PM
It's more about not being so predictable..you can be conservative and try and fool the other team..the last team to ever play smash mouth run it down your throat football was the 1990 NY Giants....you can't play that way anymore..

I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.

01-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree.

A play-action pass or a safe buttonhook or screen on 1st down.

A pump draw on 2nd & 10.

Anything that breaks a tendency, i'm angrier about play selection in this game than i have been about ANYTHING this year.
Dude..I have seen that game plan before..and what gets me is..he plays more terrified away, than at home..there is a big difference in the Chiefs offense when they play at Arrowhead.

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
It's not like I made these changes at the drop of a hat. I came around on Herm only after marinating on it for months. With Huard I came to realize he was simply the benefactor of playing bad defenses.

And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
The concussion and time off clearly affected him as a player. If he had not gotten hurt I believe he would have been more consistent. Huard hurt us in some ballgames this year.

Then why play him if you have someone else who is completely healthy and played well?

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Hell if you are going to name a coach who wasn't available why not Andy Reid or better yet Vince Lombardi.

Herm was under contract in NYJ IIRC. Didn't we give them a draft pick?

GROB
01-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Wow flip flop much?
Isn't that the truth. Don't forget gooooonther.

ChiefsLV
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
He's going to be here for AT LEAST five years.

Please don't say that. That would also mean CP would be here at least five years too.

DaWolf
01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
And what made you come around about Herm-getting embarassed in Cleveland, Only scoring 6 points in Denver, Getting outclassed in every way in SD, How about getting embarassed at home to the Ravens?

Oh I bet it was making our team the NFL laughing stock again by playing school yard Offense against the worst D in history (Dolts).

And Bill Parcells lost yet another playoff game after yet another mediocre season in Dallas. And Mike Shanahan lost at home to San Francisco and didn't even make the playoffs. Are they all of a sudden bad coaches too? Give me a break. People just want to point the finger these days...

01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
One more thing, GoChiefs..The Jets defense was on the field for almost 70 plays today..they were not sucking wind or getting cramps..and it wasn't actually cold outside..it was almost 70 degrees in Boston..how warm was it inside the Dome yesterday??

What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?

01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
What? Our defense was on the field all day, too. Did you have a point?
Players cramping up inside a 70 degree dome are not in very good shape..

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2007, 04:59 PM
As Long as King Carl is here their will be no progress period

SLQ
01-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Nevermind the fact that we won more games last season with DV with a harder schedule.

If the favorite current coach hadn't of dismantled the offense this year we might have been 12-4 or better.

Herm showed us how to improve the worst, or near worst, defense in the league and how to totally denut the best offense in the league over the past 5 years.

I think I my hibernate next year and wait until Herm is fired before I come back to rooting for the Chiefs!

chiefforlife
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Who should he have hired...Id take Sean Payton or Eric Mangini over Herm. How about Al Saunders, Mike Sherman, hell anyone else.

Herm does not know football, he is a preacher. Once you know he is full of sh!t, he is not even a good preacher.

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Anybody who has been on here very long knows GC doesn't know much about football. he is not only young but h has never played the game. He just parrots what he reads. Then posts 100 times a day about it.

DaWolf
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
If the favorite current coach hadn't of dismantled the offense this year we might have been 12-4 or better.

Herm showed us how to improve the worst, or near worst, defense in the league and how to totally denut the best offense in the league over the past 5 years.

I think I my hibernate next year and wait until Herm is fired before I come back to rooting for the Chiefs!

He also got us as many playoff appearances in one year as we've had since 1997.

For goodness sakes, people around here seem to think offense is more important than getting to the playoffs. What the @#$% did that offense ever do for us?????

01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Anybody who has been on here very long knows GC doesn't know much about football. he is not only young but h has never played the game. He just parrots what he reads. Then posts 100 times a day about it.
Quoted for truth

Mile High Mania
01-07-2007, 05:03 PM

"B-I ... N-G-O"

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM

So instead of being 9-7 we were actually 9-6-1*?

*= moral victory

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Players cramping up inside a 70 degree dome are not in very good shape..

We had ONE player cramping up, maybe two. I know you're trying to villify Edwards short practices but it's not working.

Herm > Mangina

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm young and outside of neighborhood tackle football, I didn't play much. That's no excuse. The real problem is that he's a complete f*cking moron with Diarrhea of the keyboard and Constanza of the brain. Take everything he says, invert it, and you've got your answer.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Heh...some things never change.

Did you forget that I was one of the few people that knew what the hell he was talking about when it came to Damon Huard? Almost everyone wanted to cut his ass. Dude got us into the postseason.

acesn8s
01-07-2007, 05:14 PM
As Long as King Carl is here their will be no progress period
How can you say that? Ticket prices have and always will progressively increase. Watch out for this years increase...they made the playoffs.

01-07-2007, 05:14 PM
We had ONE player cramping up, maybe two. I know you're trying to villify Edwards short practices but it's not working.

Herm > Mangina
You may be gifted at posting pics and gifs and photoshopping to kiss peoples asses..but you know nothing about football..thats for sure..

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Shut up. GoChiefs is awesome. He's one of the smartest most knowledgable people on Chiefsplanet. We should all try to emulate his greatness.

Thanks buddy. You are truly an ally in the war against Skip. It's nice to know I can count on ya!

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
You may be gifted at posting pics and gifs and photoshopping to kiss peoples asses..but you know nothing about football..thats for sure..

Eh...not really. I know plenty. I certainly don't rush to judgement like 90 percent of this place. The knee-jerk reactions are comical.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Eh...not really. I know plenty. I certainly don't rush to judgement like 90 percent of this place. The knee-jerk reactions are comical.

Says the dipshit leading the Huard bandwagon after the SF game who then went back to Green...who started an online campaign against Herm only to become his biggest backer.

I refer to my prior statement.

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM

So, aside from usurping the name of a former Giants coach, what's your football resume?

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I didn't rush to judgement on Huard vs Green (it took several bad/mediocre games to convince me he wasn't 'the guy') and I certainly didn't rush to judgement on Herm. He won me over with a great offseason.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
So, aside from usurping the name of a former Giants coach, what's your football resume?

Kissing Mangina's ass and villifying Herm.

crazycoffey
01-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Who should he have hired...Id take Sean Payton or Eric Mangini over Herm. How about Al Saunders, Mike Sherman, hell anyone else.

Herm does not know football, he is a preacher. Once you know he is full of sh!t, he is not even a good preacher.

:lame:

Sean Payton and Eric Mangini are doing good this year, ok Sean is. But Herm is a good coach and does know football, you're showing your ignorance to say he doesn't

Want proof? You just mention Al Saunders in the same breath as these other Coaches.

Carl Letting him walk actually earned back some faith in CP, in my book.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Sean Payton would have been the wrong hire for his team. We might as well have hired Al Saunders.

01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I know a little more than him..that part is obvious

blueballs
01-07-2007, 05:31 PM
if someone taped the game can they bring up LJ's interview before the game
it sounded now from memory as if the offense had no confidence in the game plan at all
they gave up before kickoff

crazycoffey
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Sean Payton would have been the wrong hire for his team. We might as well have hired Al Saunders.

I agree Sean wasn't the right fit, but neither was Al, Great Off Coord, at least with us, and called some good games. Didn't have the mojo that a HC needs, that something special.

Herm has it, there's a respect that the players seem to have, brutal honesty and a solid philosophy on Game day.

Some one said earlier that he didn't do anything with the Jets. I couldn't disagree more. Magini took herms team to the playoffs. Herm had the hand in bringing in their talent.

Remember he brought alot of talent to KC as a scout. yes I think this is part of what a HC does. he sees what he wants and brings in the personality and talent he wants to succeed (ie, page, pollard). Give him more time, we'll see more improvement.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I know a little more than him..that part is obvious

Really? Remember our bet? :)

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Honestly it is unbelievable to me that some people here want to dump Herm after one season in which the starting QB missed half the year. Give the guy a freaking chance to put a roster together. There will be alot of turnover this offseason and next.

crazycoffey
01-07-2007, 05:36 PM
if someone taped the game can they bring up LJ's interview before the game
it sounded now from memory as if the offense had no confidence in the game plan at all
they gave up before kickoff

I know after the game he said something like they didn't have a plan B for if the colts stopped the run. But hey, nobody in the world, not even Indy, thought they would do what they did to our Offense.

There are just so many other variables, first two plays get stuffed and our whole O starts to second guess them selves. then the line miss some blocks, recievers drop a few balls, trent starts to throw alittle tighter, even LJ hits a wall etc. etc.

01-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Really? Remember our bet? :)
We bet over one game??what does that make you??

A genius?? ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Honestly it is unbelievable to me that some people here want to dump Herm after one season in which the starting QB missed half the year. Give the guy a freaking chance to put a roster together. There will be alot of turnover this offseason and next.

Those same people would have wanted to dump Herm had we gone 12-4 and still lost yesterday. They've hated him from the day he was hired, and nothing less than a SB win would change their minds.

I'd love to see what people posted when DV went 6-10 and 8-8 in his first two years....

crazycoffey
01-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Those same people would have wanted to dump Herm had we gone 12-4 and still lost yesterday. They've hated him from the day he was hired, and nothing less than a SB win would change their minds.

I'd love to see what people posted when DV went 6-10 and 8-8 in his first two years....

oh, my goodness, didn't even think of that, I bet there 20 threads calling for his head.

KCinNY
01-07-2007, 05:40 PM
The idea of firing Herm after one season is absurd.

I don't love the guy or anything, but to call for his head after making the playoffs in the brutally tough AFC makes no sense.

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 05:41 PM
He also got us as many playoff appearances in one year as we've had since 1997.

For goodness sakes, people around here seem to think offense is more important than getting to the playoffs. What the @#$% did that offense ever do for us?????

You gotta score points to win a football game. You have to get first downs to score points. You do this all on offense. Defense played well enough to win this game IMO, especially against that offense.

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 05:41 PM

ROFL

htismaqe
01-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Most of us were willing to give DV a fighting chance, because his philosophy was diametrically opposed to Marty's and we were that sick of Marty.

5 years of DV wasn't enough to erase all the pain of the 90's and Herm brought it right back to the top.

We've seen this before and we know the outcome. Why should we be forced to suffer through it silently?

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Most of us were willing to give DV a fighting chance, because his philosophy was diametrically opposed to Marty's and we were that sick of Marty.

5 years of DV wasn't enough to erase all the pain of the 90's and Herm brought it right back to the top.

We've seen this before and we know the outcome. Why should we be forced to suffer through it silently?

You took the words right out of my mouth...

I second this motion!

CoMoChief
01-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Herm was supposed to balance out this football team.

He more than failed.

While our defense got better, our offense went to shit and became too predictable.

You can have a great offense like we did with DV and still have a good defense.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2007, 05:54 PM

I never said suffer silently. And trust me, this isn't even directed at you. There are people who have no intentions of giving Herm a chance from day one.

Like you said, at the time, you were sick of Marty, and DV was the Anti-Marty.

Well, some of us were sick of losing games 38-31 because of DV's neglect of the defense. Now the defense has taken a jump and the O has fallen.

Losing sucks period. In '03, the D was to blame. Yesterday, the O.

I think drafting two good offensive players since 1997 has as much to do with this decline as coaching does......

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 05:57 PM
While our defense got better, our offense went to shit and became too predictable.

Saying the offense went to shit is a stretch. They averaged 320 yards a game. There were far shittier offenses in the NFL - INCLUDING THE JETS.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
The future is bright.... For every team aside from Arizona, Oakland, and Kansas City.

Herm Edwards lucked into the playoffs by virtue of beating a suspect Jacksonville team and having three teams lose when they needed to. He didn't get the team the postseason. If they would've beaten Pittsburgh and Cleveland, then he would have, but he has shown that he can't get his team ready to play on the road, and not to piss themselves when superior opposition is against them (see: Baltimore and Indy).

Next year we will see a decline in offensive and defensive performance, as all our games will play out like Saturday's destruction at the RCA Dome. The offense will have consecutive three-and-outs, and the defense will tire by half time. Wonderful stuff.

The schedule is brutal next year, and Kansas City will struggle to win all their home games. Much less win in Indianapolis, Buffalo, and Chicago. Draft position won't matter that much, being as we'll probably be within the seven to nine win range by the final week of 2007.

So then you look to 2008, which doesn't look very good either. Sure, we could count on winning against the NFC... Except it's New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, and Carolina... In 2004 we went 1-3 against that stellar division. Not to mention Miami and Buffalo coming to town, which means trips to New England and New York... Doesn't look good as all these franchises are either dedicated to success or improving every year... Then, of cours,e, the Even Year Curse...

Wake me up when Herm, Carl, and the rest of the stooges running the KC Chiefs are buried or retired, mmkay?

01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Saying the offense went to shit is a stretch. They averaged 320 yards a game. There were far shittier offenses in the NFL - INCLUDING THE JETS.
The Jets were not predictable at all on offense today or this year.

Mangini had no running game this year..and the offense moved the ball and ''tried to fool the defense''

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 06:05 PM
The Jets were not predictable at all on offense today or this year.

Mangini had no running game this year..and the offense moved the ball and ''tried to fool the defense''

Do you think the New York Jets can beat more than one team with a winning record next year?

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure why you two are still at it.

Two teams. Two one-and-dones.

Not much of a pissing match.....

Chief Henry
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM

THats exactly how i see it to William. That game plan was the worst plan I've ever seen in my life too. I didn't read everyone's coments on this because there's not a whole lot say. Our offensive game plan
was so bad its not even discribable. Our offensive players, played like they knew it was a bad game plan. We had no sense of urgency and
offensively we looked lathargic and passive at best. My grandma,
hell, anyone's grandma cold have put a better game plan togeather.

Herman Edwards SUCKS. Dick Vermeil could not spell defense and now
we have Herman Edwards. I don't know which one is :cuss: :cuss:
worse.... :banghead:

Dammit Carl

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I never said suffer silently. And trust me, this isn't even directed at you. There are people who have no intentions of giving Herm a chance from day one.

Like you said, at the time, you were sick of Marty, and DV was the Anti-Marty.

Well, some of us were sick of losing games 38-31 because of DV's neglect of the defense. Now the defense has taken a jump and the O has fallen.

Losing sucks period. In '03, the D was to blame. Yesterday, the O.

I think drafting two good offensive players since 1997 has as much to do with this decline as coaching does......

Not going to give him a chance, why? Because he didnt deserve one for the disaster of coach he showed yearly in NYJ... Oh lets not forget Jets 41 Colts 0....

Well I am sick of losing games 17 - 6 because we cant muster enough offense to beat Olathe North...

We cant have it both ways with Herm and Carl, Especially Carl.

the Talking Can
01-07-2007, 06:11 PM

"B.I...N.G.O"

01-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Do you think the New York Jets can beat more than one team with a winning record next year?
Yes..did you watch any of the games this weekend??or do you just look at statistics??

Skip Towne
01-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Heh...some things never change.

Did you forget that I was one of the few people that knew what the hell he was talking about when it came to Damon Huard? Almost everyone wanted to cut his ass. Dude got us into the postseason.
With your sheer volume of posts I'm sure you could prove any position. But you still don't know nearly as much as you think.

88TG88
01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
The schedule is brutal next year, and Kansas City will struggle to win all their home games. Much less win in Indianapolis, Buffalo, and Chicago. Draft position won't matter that much, being as we'll probably be within the seven to nine win range by the final week of 2007.

So then you look to 2008, which doesn't look very good either. Sure, we could count on winning against the NFC... Except it's New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, and Carolina... In 2004 we went 1-3 against that stellar division.
i wouldnt look that far into the future. things happen in FA and the draft etc. some of the "good teams" from this year might tank and suck for 20 years

Reerun_KC
01-07-2007, 06:20 PM
i wouldnt look that far into the future. things happen in FA and the draft etc. some of the "good teams" from this year might tank and suck for 20 years

ala Kansas City Chiefs......

FAX
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Interesting thread.

My disdain of Herm has developed over the course of this year. At first, I liked what he had to say and supported him. Problem is, he doesn't seem to be able to back up his words. And, there are two main reasons why I don't see the future as brightly as some Planeteers seem to.

First, we basically had three key positions on offense to deal with this year (Roaf, Trich, and Welbourne) and, of course, Trent after the injury. Downfield Damon notwithstanding, Herm didn't fair too well in dealing with filling those slots or managing games around our known weaknesses due to those personnel changes. You can blame it on Solari, Black, or the man on the moon, but it's Herm's responsibility. And, next year, there will be more empty roster slots on offense to deal with. What demonstrable proof is there that he will fair any better?

Secondly, our defense is supposedly improved. Granted we drafted some players with potential (Hali, Page, Pollard) and that's great. Also, our comparative defensive ranking has improved, but taken in context of our schedule, that doesn't mean a lot. When you surrender a 14 point, 4th quarter lead to the 2006 Browns, you have significant problems on defense. And, you really don't need to be an ESPN analyst or WPI insider to recognize that fact.

I see this as a long, painful road. Hope I'm wrong for all our sakes.

FAX

Pierce
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I think Herm can stay as coach as long as we have get someone with balls to call the plays.

I am sick of...

RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT

I will go crazy if that is our first series next year. I'm praying to God it is not.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I think Herm can stay as coach as long as we have get someone with balls to call the plays.

I am sick of...

RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT

I will go crazy if that is our first series next year. I'm praying to God it is not.

The first series of the 2005 season?

Run, run. 2 plays. Touchdown.

However, Willie Roaf was at LT. Both runs went left......

If we had last year's OL, I don't thing people would be as upset about the "conservative approach."

And yes, I remember who the opposing coach was in that game. God knows there will be 10 people who will want to remind me......:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
01-07-2007, 06:45 PM
The first series of the 2005 season?

However, Willie Roaf was at LT. Both runs went left......

If we had last year's OL, I don't thing people would be as upset about the "conservative approach."

This is one of the smartest posts of the day. In fact, it's really smart when you consider the fact that it was THREE running plays in a row.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2007, 06:47 PM
it was THREE running plays in a row.

Was it? If so, I apologize. I thought Priest went for close to 30 on the first play, and LJ scored from 35 on the second.

My mistake. Anyway, you get the point.....

EDIT: Upon further review, the ruling on the field stands. It was indeed 3 running plays covering 75 yards.

Bearcat
01-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Anomaly. Even still, IIRC, they were plays that stretched out the defense... a completely different approach than yesterday's hitting-your-head-against-a-brick-wall approach.

Running up the middle on first down and outside on 2nd down is still half as conservative as yesterday's plan.

StcChief
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
the future is bright

That's why I put my shades on :p

DaWolf
01-07-2007, 07:12 PM

True, but then I submit that if Bill Cowher won it last year and Marty wins it this year, where do we go with this argument? Or what if Dungy wins it all? These are all "Marty" guys. These guys all have taken their sweet time and sucked in the playoffs multiple time. These guys are all also finally or have been recently blessed with great talent.

You consider this is only Herm's, what, 6th year vs how many years these guys have been in charge, and you still argue that Herm also can't adjust like they did and get better talent too and succeed?

Now granted, Marty and Dungy might not win this year.

Still, you have Billick who could win, again a conservative coach. You have Lovie Smith who could win with a defensive team.

Really, is it the philosophy? Or is it that fans are just so in love with scoring points and the Rams of 1999 that they can't see these other defensive coaches succeeding?

milkman
01-07-2007, 07:25 PM
True, but then I submit that if Bill Cowher won it last year and Marty wins it this year, where do we go with this argument? Or what if Dungy wins it all? These are all "Marty" guys. These guys all have taken their sweet time and sucked in the playoffs multiple time. These guys are all also finally or have been recently blessed with great talent.

You consider this is only Herm's, what, 6th year vs how many years these guys have been in charge, and you still argue that Herm also can't adjust like they did and get better talent too and succeed?

Now granted, Marty and Dungy might not win this year.

Still, you have Billick who could win, again a conservative coach. You have Lovie Smith who could win with a defensive team.

Really, is it the philosophy? Or is it that fans are just so in love with scoring points and the Rams of 1999 that they can't see these other defensive coaches succeeding?

Billick is not a good example.

The fact is that Billick would be a good example of a guy who made adjustments to his approach because of the talent he had to work with.

He was the OC of the vaunted Viking offense before taking the Ravens job.

El Jefe
01-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Halfcan`"worst coach in the NFL". Wow havent heard something this dumb in a while when you have Dennis Green and Jim Mora watching. Dennis Green is by far the worst, you put Herman worse than Coughlin too, wow.

RedThat
01-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I can sense a lot of frustration and emotion being expressed on behalf of the Kansas City Chiefs fans.

Count me in as the frustrated fan as well.

We're just tired of losing. This is getting to the point where it's becoming pathetic. Seriously, 6 straight playoff losses. Only making the playoffs 2x in the last 9 years. Not winning a playoff game in 13 years.

I am disappointed after the loss to Indy, but Im not going to let it all out on Herm. Now, if you wanna talk about the FO? That's a different story.

DaWolf
01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Billick is not a good example.

The fact is that Billick would be a good example of a guy who made adjustments to his approach because of the talent he had to work with.

He was the OC of the vaunted Viking offense before taking the Ravens job.

Yes but my point is he hasn't "won" with offense, which everyone is crying for because apparently it is the be all end all.

They were getting ready to run him out of BMore last year because of it too. But see what happens when you actually give a coach talent that he needs to run his gameplan?

Mosbonian
01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes but my point is he hasn't "won" with offense, which everyone is crying for because apparently it is the be all end all.

They were getting ready to run him out of BMore last year because of it too. But see what happens when you actually give a coach talent that he needs to run his gameplan?

But Bilick has always had a very stout defense....something this town hasn't had in many years.

mmaddog

Rausch
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I blame Herm for stating he'd replace anyone that played poorly and then not doing it.

Way to go. Now you've got the downside of a QB who thinks he's one bad pass from pulled and no upside of actually TRYING to spark your team and putting the backup in.

Now Herm's word is questionable in the mind of both QB's.

But herm didn't tell 4 different recievers to drop catchable passes. Two of those were sure 1st downs. Who knows what difference those two first downs would have made.

AND Herm didn't make Tynes miss which was a huge momentum swing.

We didn't lose because of Herm but he was a big part of why we lost...

Halfcan
01-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Wow this thread is still going??

GROB
09-27-2008, 06:20 PM

This is worthy of a bump.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I still feel the same way. The same goddamn way. **** you.

Adept Havelock
09-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I still feel the same way. The same goddamn way. **** you.

There's psychotropic meds out there that might help you. Consult a psychiatrist.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
http://sunglasses180.com/uploaded_images/i-wear-my-sunglasses-at-night-788369.jpg

FringeNC
09-27-2008, 07:00 PM
There's psychotropic meds out there that might help you. Consult a psychiatrist.

I dunno -- I don't think there are yet any drugs out there that increase your ability to process information.

09-27-2008, 07:06 PM
He never improved the Jets during his tenure there,we just treaded water....so what are you basing this on??your secret insider knowledge??

John abraham,Mawae..Curtis Martin were his core players..they are all gone..what would Herm have done with no running back??he would be a lost puppy..he steps in shit all the time..he took over 2 established teams with winning records and treads water..no better..no worse..and plays the most boring aggravating football possible..TERRIFIED!!

He flip flops more than a pancake at your local IHOP on a Sunday morning..

Dude..I have seen that game plan before..and what gets me is..he plays more terrified away, than at home..there is a big difference in the Chiefs offense when they play at Arrowhead.
ROFL

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:07 PM
What exactly are you laughing about, Bill?

Your team is kind of pathetic, too. You aren't winning a super bowl with Favre and Kellen Clemens is a bust.

Mangina forever!

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Your team is kind of pathetic, too. You aren't winning a super bowl with Favre and Kellen Clemens is a bust.

Mangina forever!

Laughing at your ignorant ass?

09-27-2008, 07:11 PM

Mangina forever!

Oh, that shit don't bother me. we win tomorrow we're good, we lose and we're done.

The Chiefs? http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

09-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Laughing at your ignorant ass?

Yep

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Yep

Wish I could say all those comments of yours were wrong...

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh, that shit don't bother me. we win tomorrow we're good, we lose and we're done.

The Chiefs? http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

The Chiefs are building towards something.

What are the Jets doing? Hoping and praying that old man Favre delivers a Lombardi? You're basically wasting a year and hoping mangenius can find a quarterback before he's fired. Good luck with that.

teedubya
09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, Herm is gonna be here for 5 years!!! yes! **** yeah!

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:19 PM

What are the Jets doing? Hoping and praying that old man Favre delivers a Lombardi? You're basically wasting a year and hoping mangenius can find a quarterback before he's fired. Good luck with that.

Building because we have young players? Sure. In many ways, though, this is going to be a wasted season b/c of Herm and our joke of a QB situation.

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 07:20 PM

If anybody is wasting a year it's us. We aren't going anywhere with Herm.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Building because we have young players? Sure. In many ways, though, this is going to be a wasted season b/c of Herm and our joke of a QB situation.

It's never a wasted season when you're trying to find out about young players. The goal of this season was essentially to find out if Brodie is the man. So far he appears not to be the man, but he'll have a chance in the second half to prove he is.

Not a wasted season at all. Come January we'll either have found a quarterback or know we need to draft one.

Meanwhile the Jets are going to go 9-7 and hope they can squeeze another year out of old man Favre.

09-27-2008, 07:22 PM

You still need 2 more years of Herm PLUS this year to catch up to my aggravation level. what in the ****ing blue hell is he building? a house of pain?

The Jets have a lot of new talent, it will take time to gel. if they win tomorrow they will go on a roll after the bye week.

But I will agree that Mangini has been awful this year and last year. he had no choice but to go after Favre, Clemens couldn't even beat out Pennington. :Lin:

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:26 PM
It's never a wasted season when you're trying to find out about young players. The goal of this season was essentially to find out if Brodie is the man. So far he appears not to be the man, but he'll have a chance in the second half to prove he is.

Not a wasted season at all. Come January we'll either have found a quarterback or know we need to draft one.

Meanwhile the Jets are going to go 9-7 and hope they can squeeze another year out of old man Favre.

Croyle has definitively proven that he's not the answer. This isn't even a question at this point. His history and overall body type should have suggested this long before now.

Thus, we're at least a year behind where we could and should have been at the most important position.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Croyle has definitively proven that he's not the answer. This isn't even a question at this point. His history and overall body type should have suggested this long before now.

Thus, we're at least a year behind where we could and should have been at the most important position.

Bollocks. He's going to have a chance at the end of the season to prove he's the man.

We're not a year behind at all. We had to find out about Croyle. That's what we're doing now.

kc rush
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM

That is what last year was for, but Herm kept running out all of the worthless old players and not evaluating the youth. The guy is a clown of a coach and he is the main reason I gave up my season tickets.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Bollocks. He's going to have a chance at the end of the season to prove he's the man.

We're not a year behind at all. We had to find out about Croyle. That's what we're doing now.

GoChiefs, here's the only question that matters: Can Croyle play a full season in the NFL? 16 games?

All these bullshit comparisons to Montana and others are a joke. Even Joe played a full season or two. Can Croyle? All evidence says NO ****ING WAY.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I agree with you at this point. Let's see what happens when he comes back.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree with you at this point. Let's see what happens when he comes back.

Since we're on the same page, my argument is that we should have had a valid plan B coming into this year. Croyle deserved a shot, no doubt. But when and if he failed, there needed to be someone else in the wings. Thigpen and Huard aren't these guys. If the coaching staff had hopes about the former, they're dumber than I thought.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Since we're on the same page, my argument is that we should have had a valid plan B coming into this year. Croyle deserved a shot, no doubt. But when and if he failed, there needed to be someone else in the wings. Thigpen and Huard aren't these guys. If the coaching staff had hopes about the former, they're dumber than I thought.

That'd be nice, but it's pretty rare for a team to have two young quarterbacks with real potential on the roster at the same time. The only scenario I can think of where that happened was Buffalo with Edwards and Losman, and Losman was on his own there for a while.

4th and Long
09-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't feel like reading through the thread so I just have one question. Has anyone typed, "I gotta wear shades!" yet?

milkman
That'd be nice, but it's pretty rare for a team to have two young quarterbacks with real potential on the roster at the same time. The only scenario I can think of where that happened was Buffalo with Edwards and Losman, and Losman was on his own there for a while.

Brees and Rivers.

cdcox
Hey GoChiefs - Clark said the Chiefs have to improve this year. If we win 4 games or less that will not be improvement. Will Herm get fired or is Clark a liar?

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 07:44 PM

There's truth to that. Tough to think of another team for an example. Maybe Miami, but that's a bit of a cluster ****. GB has a couple of promising young guys. This might be the best example, so it does happen, but...

milkman
09-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't feel like reading through the thread so I just have one question. Has anyone typed, "I gotta wear shades!" yet?

No one else is that lame.

:)

Damn, it's good to see you posting again.

4th and Long
09-27-2008, 07:47 PM
No one else is that lame.

:)

Damn, it's good to see you posting again.
It's good to be back, ... you prick. nlm

milkman
09-27-2008, 07:50 PM
It's good to be back, ... you prick. nlm

I'm an asshole.
Get it right.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey GoChiefs - Clark said the Chiefs have to improve this year. If we win 4 games or less that will not be improvement. Will Herm get fired or is Clark a liar?

I don't believe Clark quantified it in terms of wins, did he?

I'm going to guess, however, that if the offense remains league-worst, and the defense doesn't improve, Herm may be sent packing. I think that would be eminently fair.

4th and Long
09-27-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm an asshole.
Get it right.
Oooooooooooohhh ... and I see that you're still a bossy asshole too! ROFL

cdcox
09-27-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm going to guess, however, that if the offense remains league-worst, and the defense doesn't improve, Herm may be sent packing. I think that would be eminently fair.

Actually, he set the bar higher than that. He said the Chiefs have to be competing for a playoff spot. We could easily be mathematically eliminated by Thanksgiving. Clark's criteria of "competitive for a playoff spot", if taken literally, will prevent a late season surge from saving Herm's job.

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Oooooooooooohhh ... and I see that you're still a bossy asshole too! ROFL

You wouldn't expect an old bastard like me to change, would you?

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually, he set the bar higher than that. He said the Chiefs have to be competing for a playoff spot. We could easily be mathematically eliminated by Thanksgiving. Clark's criteria of "competitive for a playoff spot", if taken literally, will prevent a late season surge from saving Herm's job.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

cdcox
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Me too. But Clark being a change agent is one of the few hopes that a Chiefs fan has these days.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 08:10 PM

When did he say that? I don't remember it but I wouldn't be surprised.

We'll see, I guess. I think Clark meant what he said but won't fire anyone during the season.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Clark said compete for the playoffs.

Do some research, you ****ing hack.

cdcox
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM

We'll see, I guess. I think Clark meant what he said but won't fire anyone during the season.

C'mon, don't play dumb. Are you pretending you are unaware of Clark's media blitz last January or you forgot what he said. Neither is remotely believable.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-01-17-2814734470_x.htm

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2008, 08:17 PM

at of the season when he was doing his press runs, I thought you would've known since your boy Nick did one the interviews

Hammock Parties
I will take your advice, Frank. Thank you.

Hammock Parties
C'mon, don't play dumb. Are you pretending you are unaware of Clark's media blitz last January or you forgot what he said. Neither is remotely believable.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-01-17-2814734470_x.htm

I remember the media blitz, just not the specifics.

But now it appears he did quantify it in terms of playoffs. I wonder what "compete" means. 7 wins? 8? 9?

cdcox
09-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I remember the media blitz, just not the specifics.

But now it appears he did quantify it in terms of playoffs. I wonder what "compete" means. 7 wins? 8? 9?

In terms of Clark's expectations, there is a 98% chance of FAIL no matter how you define it.

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Clark should be looking for Herm's replacement right now. We need to station someone at the Dallas airport to see who flies in.

BigRock
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
In terms of Clark's expectations, there is a 98% chance of FAIL no matter how you define it.

But from that very article, Clark didn't say that competing for the playoffs would be the only criteria. He named a few things. He wants to see the offense improve, which isn't happening yet. And he wants to see the team playing better late than they were early, which we won't know for months.

If there's a noticable improvement in the second half, and the offense looks better, but they aren't in the playoff hunt because of the bad start, that's still 2 of the 3 things he wanted to see. It's not going to make Clark a hypocrite if he doesn't clean house because of the sole reason that they aren't in the mix for a playoff spot.

But if none of those things happen and he doesn't do anything, then yeah.

cdcox
09-27-2008, 08:32 PM
But from that very article, Clark didn't say that competing for the playoffs would be the only criteria. He named a few things. He wants to see the offense improve, which isn't happening yet. And he wants to see the team playing better late than they were early, which we won't know for months.

If there's a noticable improvement in the second half, and the offense looks better, but they aren't in the playoff hunt because of the bad start, that's still 2 of the 3 things he wanted to see. It's not going to make Clark a hypocrite if he doesn't clean house because of the sole reason that they aren't in the mix for a playoff spot.

But if none of those things happen and he doesn't do anything, then yeah.

Ok. Let's assume that if Herm achieves only 1/3 of the goals he his gone. Since it is pretty obvious he has failed in one (competing for the playoffs) and is well on his way to failing on another (improved offence) we are well over half way to Herm and Carl being gone. All this after only 3 games. The future is INDEED bright!!!!

Delano
09-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Clark should be looking for Herm's replacement right now. We need to station someone at the Dallas airport to see who flies in.

Our investigative reporter Clayton Wendler really doesn't have anything better to do than sit at an airport.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Can we really say for certain the offense isn't going to improve?

We had 184 yards rushing last week. And really, can you judge an offense led by Tyler Thigpen?

BigRock
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok. Let's assume that if Herm achieves only 1/3 of the goals he his gone. Since it is pretty obvious he has failed in one (competing for the playoffs) and is well on his way to failing on another (improved offence) we are well over half way to Herm and Carl being gone. All this after only 3 games. The future is INDEED bright!!!!

I think it'll only go 2/3 or 0/3, 'cause I doubt they'll show much improvement if the offense doesn't come around.

FAX
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Don't forget special teams. That seems to be the battered step-child in this whole deal. Herm's done a heck of a job getting that rebuilt. Most of our starters are perfect for special teams.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Don't forget special teams. That seems to be the battered step-child in this whole deal. Herm's done a heck of a job getting that rebuilt. Most of our starters are perfect for special teams.

FAX

Great special teams come from being loaded at your starting positions.

Once your starters are young and set, then you draft for depth. While those players are learning and competing, your special teams improve due to the athleticism brought buy young ascending players.

This team is likely 2 years away from having special teams that are "special".

Buehler445
09-27-2008, 09:13 PM

Once your starters are young and set, then you draft for depth. While those players are learning and competing, your special teams improve due to the athleticism brought buy young ascending players.

This team is likely 2 years away from having special teams that are "special".

Our kick coverage has actually been pretty solid. But then again we haven't played any really good special teams opponents.

Spott
09-27-2008, 09:19 PM
He's definitely brought stability. Now we lose every *****ing game.

cdcox
09-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Spott on.

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 09:32 PM

We had 184 yards rushing last week. And really, can you judge an offense led by Tyler Thigpen?

Forget yardage. Doesn't mean shit. You can outgain your opponent by double and lose by three TD's.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought Herm was changing the Culture from the Vermiel era?

:eek:

Mecca
09-27-2008, 09:45 PM

They couldn't run the ball when it mattered, then they ran it losing by 3 scores in the 2nd half....that should tell you something about what kind of running yards those were.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I thought Herm was changing the Culture from the Vermiel era?

:eek:

Hey he changed it man, now there is no victory Monday because well there's no victories.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Hey he changed it man, now there is no victory Monday because well there's no victories.
Well we still have moral victories! /WPI

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 09:51 PM
The future is bright?

http://www.worldwidehealth.com/ecards/6356_tn_Broken%20Lightbulb.jpg

I think there is something seriously wrong with out bright future....

CosmicPal
09-27-2008, 09:52 PM

ROFL

Sadly enough, that's what I was thinking.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 09:53 PM
ROFL

Sadly enough, that's what I was thinking.

Wasnt that the whole plan to begin with? Someone needed to clean up that "circus" on the field.... This is the NFL you know, not arena football.

Spott
09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
We're seeing signs that the Chiefs will have a good defense for years to come.

What signs are those? We just gave up up 300 yards rushing at home to a 4-12 team playing with a rookie running back and followed it up by giving up 38 points to another 4-12 team playing with a QB starting his third NFL game.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:02 PM
What signs are those? We just gave up up 300 yards rushing at home to a 4-12 team playing with a rookie running back and followed it up by giving up 38 points to another 4-12 team playing with a QB starting his third NFL game.

Let's not mention that Derrick Johnson still makes rookie mistakes...boy this staff is great at developing players.

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I had such high hopes for Derrick.

Is he still in a defensive position where he can't develop his real skills. (meaning where they have him placed on the field)

Or is this what we have. A perhaps better then average linebacker, but thats about it.

orange
09-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I dunno -- I don't think there are yet any drugs out there that increase your ability to process information.

CAFFEINE

CosmicPal
09-27-2008, 10:17 PM
CAFFEINE

No-Doz

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:20 PM

Boomer Grigsby was a special teams specialist. But couldn't advance on.

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
No-Doz

Meth

CosmicPal
09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Meth

Cocaine

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Cocaine

Speed

CosmicPal
09-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Speed

Red bull

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Amphetamine

CosmicPal
09-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Amphetamine

Toad warts

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
crank

milkman
09-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I had such high hopes for Derrick.

Is he still in a defensive position where he can't develop his real skills. (meaning where they have him placed on the field)

Or is this what we have. A perhaps better then average linebacker, but thats about it.

I think he's finally in the right position (most of the time) at Will, but now is he working with the worst group of LBs in the league, and has Tamba, a piss poor run defender in front of him at RDE, he also is being coached by the most overrated defensive coach who has taken on LB coach responsibilities, another job he was overrated at.

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
I think he's finally in the right position (most of the time) at Will, but now is he working with the worst group of LBs in the league, and has Tamba, a piss poor run defender in front of him at RDE, he also is being coached by the most overrated defensive coach who has taken on LB coach responsibilities, another job he was overrated at.

Tamba was a first rounder also.

I think i'm going to cry.

Fairplay...think man get a hold of yourself.

No be a man. Its not your fault. And its something i cannot control.

GROB
09-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Bob, all Herm has done is run two teams into the dirt. I don't think he has the ability to put a top 15 offensive team on the field that is hand picked by himself personally.

Eleazar
08-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Hmm!

Setsuna
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Banned

Hammock Parties
08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
See the dangers of homerism, people?

Don't let this happen to you!

See Alex Smith's checkdowns for what they are. A warning.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Never go full Katie Horner though