PDA

View Full Version : Contratulations Herm

Chief Pote
01-08-2007, 06:30 AM
You turned Trent Green into a mediocre QB and want to blame your inept offense on him. Way to go ****er.

From the Kansas City Star

Edwards wouldn’t address the issue of whether Trent Green would return as the starting quarterback. Green’s play dropped off significantly this season after he missed eight games because of a concussion.

“That’s not even something we’re discussing right now,” Edwards said. “There are a whole lot of other things we have to do as far as the program before we start worrying about player situations. That’s second on the agenda.”

But his refusal to back Green, who will turn 37 next summer, speaks loudly. The conservative Edwards believes in ball control above all. Green committed three turnovers in the final regular-season game against Jacksonville and three more in the loss to the Colts.

Warrior5
01-08-2007, 06:52 AM
...But his refusal to back Green, who will turn 37 next summer, speaks loudly...

I think the writer is reaching a bit by saying that Herm is refusing to back Green. My read on Herm's quote is, as usual, he's not really saying anything.

During post-game press conferences, Herm and Green sound like politicians, and the media are lofting too many softballs.

Reporter: "Why do you think the offense struggled so much against the Colts?"

Herm/Green: "We just couldn't get first downs, and it's hard to win when you don't get first downs."

Ya think? What fans want to hear are tough questions and objective, critical responses. Quit playing PR games and call it like it is.

Wanting some candor...

KC-TBB
01-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Trent is toast...his arm is like wet bread, Solari has zero 'surprise factor' with his play calling...COULD THIS ALL BE BECAUSE WILLIE ROAF RETIRED???
OMG!

MichaelH
01-08-2007, 07:19 AM
I've heard and read that Herm is a running back killer but I'm convinced he's a QB killer. He almost ruined Pennignton and he's now ruined Trent. :(

plbrdude
01-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I've heard and read that Herm is a running back killer but I'm convinced he's a QB killer. He almost ruined Pennignton and he's now ruined Trent. :(

a cheap shot ruined trent. that and lack of protection.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 07:35 AM

While watching the Jets yesterday, they were making reference to Pennington as the "comeback player of the year." Coincedence?

Skip Towne
01-08-2007, 07:46 AM
While watching the Jets yesterday, they were making reference to Pennington as the "comeback player of the year." Coincedence?
I think he came back from a bout with Hermitis.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I am starting to think the same thing.

Chief Nute
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Herm is a turd.

I almost hate what he has transformed this team into.

I saw/heard his quote that he said before the game that said if we get down by 14+ points there is no way that we can come back. We just arent that type of team.

So in other words......"You play NOT TO LOSE THE GAME"

Personally, I like a coach with balls that lets his players play and try to win the game. He seems to me like the type of guy that would de-ball a guy if he makes a "hustle mistake".

It is coaches like Herm that good coaches have for lunch in this league. The opponant knows what is coming because it is bland and predictable.

38yrsfan
01-08-2007, 10:15 AM

ditto