PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get David Carr?

petegz28
01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
is that even a shot? I think he would be a good QB for the type of offense we want to run. Strong arm with lots of zip.

Anyone? Anyone?

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 01:58 PM
:doh!:

ct
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
good grief :rolleyes:

dj56dt58
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
is that even a shot? I think he would be a good QB for the type of offense we want to run. Strong arm with lots of zip.

Anyone? Anyone?
Why do we need a strong arm? Is LJ gonna start taking handoffs 50 yards in the backfield now?

FringeNC
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, he is used to terrible pass protection....but why pay millions when Herm could just hire someone off the street for the NFL minimum and teach them how to hand off to LJ.

KChiefer
I like the idea, but there's no point in getting him if we have no protection. Giving up much for him is a bad idea. And we saw how Harringtons year went and there wasn't much turn-a-round. Granted, the fish still have a crappy offense. But hey, my football IQ can be classifed as "mildy retarded", so maybe I should wait for someone to give me my opinion on this one.

Reerun_KC
Wow, Maybe we could find Todd Maronivich or Ryan Leaf somewhere?

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Is Grbac available?

FringeNC
Wow, Maybe we could find Todd Maronivich or Ryan Leaf somewhere?

Yeah, let Marinovich shoot up during halftime to dull the pain of the beatings..

Easy 6
NEIN!!!

NYET!!!

NO!!!

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll take the league min and be open to learning how to hand off to LJ

Let's see, 1st down pitch? oh wait, hand off to the left. Was it left or right first, and do I want to pass it, or try to run and slide?

shoot, it might be harder than I thought, but I'm ready.

FringeNC
01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I'll take the league min and be open to learning how to hand off to LJ

Let's see, 1st down pitch? oh wait, hand off to the left. Was it left or right first, and do I want to pass it, or try to run and slide?

shoot, it might be harder than I thought, but I'm ready.

We need to get our "Will hand-off to LJ for food" signs ready.

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
He'll have a starting job next year somewhere. Its a foregone conclusion Huard will be leading the Raiders to 2 Ws against us. We'll wind up doing what lots of teams did this year - Dallas, Washington, Denver, AZ, etc... - benching our old fart QB halfway through the season and starting Croyle based on what a good practice player he is.

CoMoChief
01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Anyone wanna argue that Trent Green was the product of a great Oline?

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Well my thinking is this....he has the arm strength to play a PA-Pass system that doesn't rely on timing and he is mobile enough to run a bootleg.

We need someone who can pass in a non-timing system.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM

And a timing system he knows very well. When he has to hold the ball he is screwed. He doesn't have the arm strength to zing passes around. He has to throw to a certain spot at a certain time.

morphius
01-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, at one point a lot of Chiefs fans really wanted Plummer, so I guess this shouldn't shock me much.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, at one point a lot of Chiefs fans really wanted Plummer, so I guess this shouldn't shock me much.

I wouldn't be suprised if you saw Plumme rin a Chiefs uniform. I would be ok with it depending on which Plummer we got.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if you saw Plumme rin a Chiefs uniform. I would be ok with it depending on which Plummer we got.

Wow we are slumming now....

ChiefsPlanet is on full melt down!

patteeu
01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
The "offense we want to run?" Do we know what this means yet?

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow we are slumming now....

ChiefsPlanet is on full melt down!

Plummer did ok with Denver. Ok, with spots of greatness and untilt his last year was pretty solid for them. Would I put the game in his hands? Not if I don't have too. Can he scramble and make plays on the run? Yes. Can he hit the deep ball? Yes. Does he have zip over the middle? Yes.

Does he have it between the ears? Sometimes.

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Jake>Trent as of now.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
The "offense we want to run?" Do we know what this means yet?

Well I think we know what we want it's just actually making it happen. Power running with play action pass. But power running cannot equate to dive left, dive right. We don't have the FB for that.

We need to do more off-tackle running. More screeens and LJ though not as good as Preist can run the draw and get the corner.

As far as passing goes for play action you have to have a QB who can chuck the ball deep on a rope. Safties are the ones who get exposed the most on PA's. LB's can too but you still need to be able to zing the ball in there over the middle. I don't think a timing based passing game lends itself to PA at all. You have to be able to see who bites and who doesn't and take dvantage of it quickly. Can't just drop back and throw to a spot so much.

Red Dawg
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM

Of course he was. Carr would be good idea in my book. Young kid witha strong arm. Get LJ some damn blockers and we could roll!

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow... this board has been wild in the past after a loss, but there are actually posts talking about Plummer. Amazing.

Don't worry - Plummer will be a Texan in 2007. Carr is likely going to be available for KC. I even read a pitch for Losman on another thread this morning.

Wow. Why not jump the shark and inquire about Griese or Kerry Collins? Griese may be fairly realistic though.

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM

will you take offense to this comment?

Well, Duh!

Payton is a product of a great line too. If we had payton on Sat, it wouldn't have changed a thing. The colts D was stepping up, they blasted our line and tore us a new A hole.

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow... this board has been wild in the past after a loss, but there are actually posts talking about Plummer. Amazing.

Don't worry - Plummer will be a Texan in 2007. Carr is likely going to be available for KC. I even read a pitch for Losman on another thread this morning.

Wow. Why not jump the shark and inquire about Griese or Kerry Collins? Griese may be fairly realistic though.

I could live with Brian Griese if we had a real OLT.

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

I could live with Brian Griese if we had a real OLT and a FB.

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Greise can be servicable. But I would take Carr over all of them. And if Plummer goes to Houston it makes Carr that much more attainable. As I have said he is young, he has a great arm and he can play in the system we are trying to run. And he shouldn't break the bank.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but Carr has been abused thanks to the HOU Oline's inability to keep him off his back... if KC's Oline is as bad off as many of you are paining, why would he come to KC?

Plus... KC is really going to have to upgrade their WRs if they want to get a QB that's worth a damn. There aren't too many that are jumping up and down to be a handoff guy.

crazycoffey
01-08-2007, 02:52 PM
O - LINE

O - LINE

O - LINE

O - LINE

pay attention, men, focus on the problem. Last year = better O-line than this year and sat. was the highlight reel to prove that. They aren't the same, one or two good solid OT and everything else stays the same = improvement on Offense.

And don't take it out of context, we need better WRs and Green is getting older, even TG is slowing down; But OT is the BIGGEST concern.

Carr, please!

petegz28
01-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but Carr has been abused thanks to the HOU Oline's inability to keep him off his back... if KC's Oline is as bad off as many of you are paining, why would he come to KC?

Plus... KC is really going to have to upgrade their WRs if they want to get a QB that's worth a damn. There aren't too many that are jumping up and down to be a handoff guy.

Well I think our WR's are ok if you get Webb in the mix. A 5'8" slot receiver don't cut it in the NFL. Parker ...well Parker just needs to focus and he can be a good player. Eddie Kennison is fine by me and everyone who gripes about him is full of shit. If we are going to be a running team we aren't going to need superstar receivers.

Who is the burner for SD? I mean they are playing with McCardell who I would equate to Kennison.

morphius
01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Plummer did ok with Denver. Ok, with spots of greatness and untilt his last year was pretty solid for them. Would I put the game in his hands? Not if I don't have too. Can he scramble and make plays on the run? Yes. Can he hit the deep ball? Yes. Does he have zip over the middle? Yes.

Does he have it between the ears? Sometimes.
Um, no he didn't. If you are not rolling him out one way or the other he sucks. Especially in the red zone. If we sign him and actually play him I'm going to have a hard time caring about this team. You don't take a QB in the first round if you believe your QB is worth a spit.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Well I think our WR's are ok if you get Webb in the mix. A 5'8" slot receiver don't cut it in the NFL. Parker ...well Parker just needs to focus and he can be a good player. Eddie Kennison is fine by me and everyone who gripes about him is full of shit. If we are going to be a running team we aren't going to need superstar receivers.

Who is the burner for SD? I mean they are playing with McCardell who I would equate to Kennison.
Kennison is 'ok' as a #2... SD doesn't have a passing attack that many look at and say "let's do what they're doing". It's an attack that KC fans are familiar with from years past, built around their all world phenom RB and great TE.

Rivers threw 22 TDs this season ... LT threw 1 or 2 others.
6 to Vincent Jackson
3 to Malcom Floyd
9 to Gates
3 to Manamalamoolahsumthin

There was not a single WR topping 660 yds receiving.

So, yeah while the Chargers are the talk of the league this season, think back to the Holmes days of running wild. It's LT and Gates in San Diego. If something were to happen to LT, I don't see their passing game going wild.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh No, not this shit again! :banghead:

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 03:09 PM

not me

DJJasonp
I heard Herm is going with a 4 tight end set next year (no quarterback) and direct-snapping to LJ.

Hydrae
Considering the Texans just resigned Carr this last off season I highly doubt they let him go now and experience that kind of cap hit. Last off season I was thinking the same thing but it is a no-go at this point in time.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2007, 03:14 PM

We were in the top 5 for the last 5 years on offense with out superstar recievers..

We are going to have to Rebuild the line if we want to be a good offense in the near future....

We have Huard the great, why all the talk about other QB's. Huard is proven.

Warrior5
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
We have Huard the great, why all the talk about other QB's. Huard is proven.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Huard...is...a...UFA.

Adept Havelock
01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Carr? Maybe. The question is why the hell anyone would want him.

HemiEd
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Carr? Maybe. The question is why the hell anyone would want him.

The TO and Randy Moss threads can't be too far behind. We already have Ty Law on the roster. :D
With Joey Harrington's flop in Miami, we should not have any of those, unless someone thinks another scenery change will do him some good.

siberian khatru
01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Jake>Trent as of now.

You take that back! You take that back RIGHT NOW!

KCJohnny
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
You take that back! You take that back RIGHT NOW!

:harumph:

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
With Joey Harrington's flop in Miami, we should not have any of those, unless someone thinks another scenery change will do him some good.

Ya know, he sounds interesting, everyone says he has a solid arm.

BUT, his leadership skills are teh SUK, everytime i see a photo of him i thnk "this guy just looks too
boyish & goofy to be a whip-cracken, hard as nails field General"

So far my gut has been right.

CHIEF4EVER
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Well my thinking is this....he has the arm strength to play a PA-Pass system that doesn't rely on timing and he is mobile enough to run a bootleg.

We need someone who can pass in a non-timing system.

But we HAVE a timing system. 1st time - Run up Wiegmanns ass. 2d time - Run up Wiegmanns ass. 3rd time - 3 yard out pattern. 4th time - Punt.

Basileus777
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Carr is terrible and can't do anything other than get sacked or check down. I don't care how badly Green is playing, I'm not desperate enough to want a bum like Carr. He's only one step up from guys like Plummer and Brunell.

01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Cassel, Shaub, Leftwich are all better and may be obtainable.

Doesn't matter because we have an idiot for a coach.

HonestChieffan
01-08-2007, 05:00 PM
shoot me

chappy
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
PLUMMER HAS BEEN THE BEST CHIEFS QB FOR YEARS.
HE ALWAYS FINDS RED

Adept Havelock
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
The TO and Randy Moss threads can't be too far behind. We already have Ty Law on the roster. :D

Oh! Oh! I know, we should try to get Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss and TO! ROFL