PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen to Miss 4 Games: What To Do???

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Going into the first 4 games of 07, we will be without the dynamic services of our #1 D lineman. Talk about a set-back.

So without knowing who will be coming in with FA & Draft, it is up to us Planeteers to brainstorm a workable stop-gap.

My one & only obvious answer is Wilkerson, am i missing something???

Is there another brilliant shuffling of players that could really offset this ugly BEAR of a situation???

The fate of our Beloved Franchise rests in your able hands......

Hoover
01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
You make his salary in year 1 of his new contract very cap friendly so we can have good depth at the position.

FAX
01-08-2007, 03:11 PM
There's only one option. We must simplify the defense.

FAX

Phobia
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Move #98 over to his side. I think that would revive his career.

ping2000
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe if we drink too much and then drive around we'll come up with a good idea.

el borracho
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Well, hopefully the Chiefs are picking up a new DE to replace Hicks soooo... either that guy or Wilkerson would be my first thoughts.

seclark
a.a. meetings after thursday practice.
sec

FAX
Maybe if we drink too much and then drive around we'll come up with a good idea.

ROFL

FAX

Archie Bunker
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
As long as the name Hicks isn't involved I'm happy.

I think Wilkerson will be one of the starting DTs so the depth at DE is very weak. Sign a FA to start and draft a guy to play in the rotation.

Thanks Jared

RealSNR
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I've got one name that will solve all of our problems:

Nate Hobpube-Poopydick

ct
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
The obvious solution is use to Superman as a rush-backer.

dirk digler
01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Is Allen suspended? Did I miss something?

Ugly Duck
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Chiefs players getting arrested, Chiefs fans stabbing people, Chiefs offense stinking up the joint.... wuts that you said about RaiderLand?

ping2000
01-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Chiefs players getting arrested, Chiefs fans stabbing people, Chiefs offense stinking up the joint.... wuts that you said about RaiderLand?

Yeah, but at least we gave Lamar a proper funeral. They just keep wheeling out Al's body. Put the guy in the ground already!

StcChief
01-08-2007, 03:33 PM
4 game suspension .... linky?

ChiefsOne
01-08-2007, 03:33 PM

Just a few mishaps for us, it's a way of life with the Raiders.

PastorMikH
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
If/when official, with the roster we have today, Wilkerson is my choice.

Now, who knows what the roster looks like in Sept. We need DL depth and it would be nice to have DEs that are AT LEAST good enough to get Hicks booted from the roster. I'm just not sure going after depth at DE is a luxury we can afford with the players we need to resign and holes that need filled.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
As long as the name Hicks isn't involved I'm happy.

I think Wilkerson will be one of the starting DTs so the depth at DE is very weak. Sign a FA to start and draft a guy to play in the rotation.

Thanks Jared

I'm going on the Uber-Strong feeling that DT will be covered for 07. I would expect to see Top Jimmy at DE.

If Hicks is willing to take vet minimum, he could stay as last ditch DE & punt block team kinda stuff.

Again, this is by definition "Pure Speculation", with the bottom line being that SOMEBODY is going to have to fill in admirably there.

My vote goes to Top Jimmy.

PastorMikH
01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
If Hicks is willing to take vet minimum, he could stay as last ditch DE & punt block team kinda stuff.

Seriously, I'd rather play 10 on 11 than have Hicks on the field in any situation. (Maybe I'd let him mow the grass if I have to keep him around, but that's about it). I'm tired of seeing him stand with his back to a play while the other guys are in the midst of a pile fighting for a loose ball and such. At least if we have 10, they don't make the assumption that he will help make a play.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM

I forgot where i seen that, probably on the front page awhile back. It sounded like a virtual certainty & certainly wouldnt surprise me in the least.

Chief Chief
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM

Jared Allen was convicted of a DUI charge last week so he gets an automatic 4-game suspension from the NFL.

My first choice would be Wilkerson and my second choice would be a LB that can play in the style of #58 Derrick Thomas..perhaps Keyaron Fox, Kawika Mitchell, Derrick Johnson, or Boomer Grigsby.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Seriously, I'd rather play 10 on 11 than have Hicks on the field in any situation. (Maybe I'd let him mow the grass if I have to keep him around, but that's about it). I'm tired of seeing him stand with his back to a play while the other guys are in the midst of a pile fighting for a loose ball and such. At least if we have 10, they don't make the assumption that he will help make a play.

I'm not some staunch Hicks activist, although i always admire lockerroom guys who act with dignity & show up without some wife beatin/assault on a police officer charge count. Nothing to NOT like about the guy except for his lead footed stumbles.

But looking at the youth movement thats in full swing, Eric will probably be given a 1st Class ticket home.

el borracho
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not some staunch Hicks activist, although i always admire lockerroom guys who act with dignity & show up without some wife beatin/assault on a police officer charge count. Nothing to NOT like about the guy except for his lead footed stumbles.

But looking at the youth movement thats in full swing, Eric will probably be given a 1st Class ticket home.
Hicks is ok with 1-4 and Hicks is the one who mangled Wilkerson's knee two days ago.

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Hicks is the one who mangled Wilkerson's knee two days ago.

He is one CLUMSY sumgun.

leviw
01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Jared Allen was convicted of a DUI charge last week so he gets an automatic 4-game suspension from the NFL.

My first choice would be Wilkerson and my second choice would be a LB that can play in the style of #58 Derrick Thomas..perhaps Keyaron Fox, Kawika Mitchell, Derrick Johnson, or Boomer Grigsby.

There are so many inaccuracies in that post.

01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Going into the first 4 games of 07, we will be without the dynamic services of our #1 D lineman. Talk about a set-back.

So without knowing who will be coming in with FA & Draft, it is up to us Planeteers to brainstorm a workable stop-gap.

Is there another brilliant shuffling of players that could really offset this ugly BEAR of a situation???

Bring back Donnie Edwards. ROFL

suds79
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM

I'm fine with Wilkerson. Not expecting a whole lot next year so might as well wait it out for Allen to come back.

TinyEvel
01-08-2007, 07:29 PM
If Pollard can put on 40 lbs...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Perhaps Bell (I can't believe I'm saying this :shake: )

Easy 6
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm fine with Wilkerson. Not expecting a whole lot next year so might as well wait it out for Allen to come back.

Give Jimmy 4-5 consecutive starts, he will BREAK OUT HUGE i gaurantee it. This guy is the ULTIMATE sleeper, just give'em a few games & you'll see what i see.

Silock
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
There's only one option. We must simplify the defense.

FAX

It worked for Chicago. They have one of the simplest defenses in the NFL.