PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else recently start magically receiving ESPN The Magazine?

ENDelt260
01-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Simplex3
01-08-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll bet you got that through some inter-corporate deal and there's going to be a surcharge on a bill you expect to get.

Either that or you banged some fat chick in their mail room and she signed you up.

Rain Man
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I bet some Albanian guy has stolen your identity, but he hasn't figured out that the stuff he steals should be delivered to him.

Seriously, that's kind of strange.

On a semi-unrelated note, some dude knocked on my door the other day, and I assumed it was one of those sleazy magazine salespeople. Instead, he said, "Are you creative?" I said no. He then said that he was from (forget the name) magazine, and they want to publish stories and poems from creative people. It's a 100% chance that it's a vanity magazine where you pay to see your stuff in a magazine that no one ever buys, but I thought it was funny to have someone selling publishing opportunities door to door.

TrickyNicky
01-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, they did that to me too, but I never sent any payment. It didn't hurt my credit and they never had a collection agency try to attain the subscription fee. My guess is to just wait it out and take the freebies. If they try to harass you, turn them in to the BBB.

Archie Bunker
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the highlight of the phone call came towards the end.

"Would you like to spend $26 for 26 issues for a gift subscription for a friend?"
"No. The point of this call is to avoid spending money."
"Oh, right."
ROFL

KChiefer
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
It's a 100% chance that it's a vanity magazine where you pay to see your stuff in a magazine that no one ever buys, but I thought it was funny to have someone selling publishing opportunities door to door.

Isn't that what the internet's for?

I started receiving Blender magazine for no reason once. I was thinking that it had to do with a Circuit City CC I opened a long time ago and got RollingStone free through it. But I closed that account a long time before. It lasted for a year. It may have been just a promotional "get the word out" thing, or if they billed me, I never got one.

Do you get SI? They could be trying to get you to switch.

TrickyNicky
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I don't have a birdcage in need of lining, so the magazines are just taking up space in my trashcan. What, you don't like reading the latest made-up conversation on Stu "Sharkeye" Scott's two-way with a celebrity? What's wrong with you!?

88TG88
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
what disrepect. if ur gonna sign a guy up for a magazine he doesnt want at least sign him up for playboy.

siberian khatru
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Jesus, I try to give you a Secret Santa Christmas present and you get all pissy.

Forget it. You get nothing next year.

Rain Man
01-09-2007, 06:52 PM
How - never mind.

siberian khatru
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
That beats the year before when you gave me the clap.

That'll teach you to pass out in front of me while not wearing pants.

Rain Man
01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
If Endelt ends up having a black baby, the joke will be on you.

Frazod
01-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I got it free for a year after ordering stuff from FansEdge. Perhaps that's why you're getting it.

And it would have to be free, because it's a F#CKING RAG. If you aren't a trendy 20-something from a major coastal city, don't even bother opening the goddamn thing. I immediately throw the ones I get away, along with the rest of the junk mail.

siberian khatru
01-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Some people just take pictures.

Yeah, Phil showed me the albums.

88TG88
01-09-2007, 07:06 PM
If you aren't a trendy 20-something from a major coastal city, don't even bother opening the goddamn thing.
i am those things and i still dont like it. at least SI is repectable but the ESPN mag is junk

Phobia
01-09-2007, 07:06 PM
When the issue with Jordan Black on the cover arrives, just toss it.

Prison Bitch
04-30-2019, 01:38 PM
ESPN just killed it today after 21 years. Ending September. RIP, tho I never read a single issue.

04-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Doesn't sound like something I would consider magical.

wazu
04-30-2019, 02:59 PM
I've received issues of this a few times, sporadically. Not a monthly thing. Must be something they do to try to get people to subscribe.