PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs | Team could a host regular-season game in Britain or Germany

The Poz
01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Chiefs | Team could a host regular-season game in Britain or Germany
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:56:34 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Kansas City Chiefs have been selected as one of the potential home teams for a regular-season game in Britain or Germany during the 2007 season.

The Poz
01-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Other teams mentioned are:
49er's
Seahawks
Dolphins
Bills
Saints

Discuss Thrower
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Don't care, as long as it comes before or after a bye week.

But knowing the NFL, it'll be the week after we get a Monday Night football game.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
01-08-2007, 08:05 PM
The question is will Carl still hit the season ticket holders for the cost of that "home game" in the season ticket package?

Discuss Thrower
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
The question is will Carl still hit the season ticket holders for the cost of that "home game" in the season ticket package?

Are you my daddy?

Deberg_1990
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM

Thats pretty sucky if they do that. Just wrong.

Phobia
01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
In conjunction with this event, I'm planning to "host" a watch party in Greenland. Everybody is invited to attend.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
This pisses me off more than any perceived issues with playcalling.

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. The least they could do is give the fans every opportunity to see them play in Kansas City.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. The least they could do is give the fans every opportunity to see them play in Kansas City.

I believe this has alot to do with stadium renovation schedule more than anything doesnt it??

Coach
01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I believe this has alot to do with stadium renovation schedule more than anything doesnt it??

I believe you are correct.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2007, 08:26 PM

If that is true it's a poor job of planning by the Chiefs.

I'd rather they play in a local college football stadium.

Coach
01-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Problem is, there is no local college football stadium here in KC, that would seat at least 60,000+

The closest would be either in Lawrence or Columbia.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Problem is, there is no local college football stadium here in KC, that would seat at least 60,000+

The closest would be either in Lawrence or Columbia.

That was the idea. The Saints moved upstate for a few games last year if I'm not mistaken.

Better than the other side of the ****ing world anyway. It better not be a divisional game.

Skip Towne
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

chop
01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't want them to lose playing a home game at Arrowhead but I wouldn't mind seeing them play in a nationally televised game.

mlyonsd
01-08-2007, 08:56 PM
With this team giving up a home game at Arrowhead is at best negligience on the part of CP. I'm guessing he just wants a road trip to Europe.

Seriously, somebody needs to off him. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Adept Havelock
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
To hell with that idea. Give up a home game to go overseas? Leave that crap for the preseason.

chiefqueen
01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
If we play an overseas game IMO the home game we would give up is the Packers. The Packers IMO have more of a global following than us so the crowd would be pro GB.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM

If that's the case, the game would be one of the first of the season.

My guess would be another week 3 bye.

First game on road.

Second game overseas.

Bye week

Home opener.

Coach
01-08-2007, 10:06 PM
To hell with that idea. Give up a home game to go overseas? Leave that crap for the preseason.

I agree.

WilliamTheIrish
01-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Bold move by Carl to win a championship. We'll be the Euro champs.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Its not the Chiefs idea, its the whole freaking NFL's idea. It was discussed earlier in the year, every team in the NFL is going to have to give up a home game and play overseas. Chiefs want to get theirs done while Arrowhead is under renovations bc our home reveunes would be less than when they are complete.

KC2004
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM

And all this time you told us we were heading in the right direction......

Ultra Peanut
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
The Chiefs playing a game at the Emirates or Allianz Arena would be bizarre.

01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Its not the Chiefs idea, its the whole freaking NFL's idea. It was discussed earlier in the year, every team in the NFL is going to have to give up a home game and play overseas. Chiefs want to get theirs done while Arrowhead is under renovations bc our home reveunes would be less than when they are complete.
I just hope the season ticket holders don't get ripped in the wallet because of it.

No, I am not a season ticket holder.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think Herm-ball is going to win a new audience...

morphius
01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Is the theory that we are so bad on the road because road games are not far enough away from home?

What a dumb idea.

morphius
01-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't think Herm-ball is going to win a new audience...
Dude they lock soccer...

Mojo Rising
01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
They should stall their home game in Europe as long as possible. Let's say they do 2 overseas games per year. If you do your first one as a visitor that could potentially delay your home game for 16 years. The novelty will wear off of this thing in 5 or less.

Because of KC's great reputation at Arrowhead we could put it off.

mylittlepony
01-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Well Ive always Imagined going to arrowhead to watch my first game but if this is true. I'd defenatly be the loudest guy in that place. Would be kinda cool to have Carl tell me Im not a real fan to my face, I wonder if he would kick my dog while he is at it? I agree with preseason games but giving up a homegame regular season would be unfair imho.

morphius
01-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Well Ive always Imagined going to arrowhead to watch my first game but if this is true. I'd defenatly be the loudest guy in that place. Would be kinda cool to have Carl tell me Im not a real fan to my face, I wonder if he would kick my dog while he is at it? I agree with preseason games but giving up a homegame regular season would be unfair imho.
That would be pretty sweet for you and any military fans overseas.

mylittlepony
01-08-2007, 11:43 PM
If they do I hope its close to the Grafenwoehr or Rammstein military bases. However flying around europe is like 30$ anyways so If one wanted to attend echonomy wouldnt be a problem. Still would be good to put it close to one of the military bases for the first game. Germany has a bunch of great stadiums due to the World Cup (soccer) aswell.

Still should be a PRE-season game in my mind.

Iowanian
01-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Why in the sam hell would the chiefs want to give up a game in Arrowhead?

An "away game" fine....."home game" bullshiiiiiiiit.

I'll bet Carl sticks season ticket holders for all the games anyway.

I wonder how many NFL players don't have or can't get passports for felonies,Probation et al.

Redrum_69
01-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Can you imagine a parking pass over in Japan?

200,000 YEN

and the parties at the Bangkok bar...in Thailand...omg cheap beer and all the voodoo poonanny a Chiefs player could have.

StcChief
01-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Columbia Chiefs has a nice ring to it....

ala Champaign Bears :p

Fire Me Boy!
01-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Don't care, as long as it comes before or after a bye week.

But knowing the NFL, it'll be the week after we get a Monday Night football game.
IIRC, by rule the game before would be a home game and the game after would be bye week, as well as a provision (I believe) for a minimum amount of time between the two games (to provide for a longer week).