PDA

View Full Version : Time for Carl to Pack His Bags

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I know it's been discussed before, but....bear with me.

Saturday's loss was the lowest moment for Chief's Fans since the 1980s (aside from DTs tragedy and Lamar's death.) In 1983, I decided to take a much less passionate approach to my following of our beloved Chiefs. It lasted until Steadman was gone, Marty was hired, and DT was drafted. I've decided, it's time for me to take step back a bit for awhile once again.

I still love the Chiefs. And I'll still peruse this site, and others. However, I'm stepping back until this organization gets serious about contending for a Superbowl victory. I think Herm is a step in the right direction. However, as long as Carl is in our front office....this team will never be anything but a pretender.

Steadman left, and things gradually improved.

Carl's time as a Chief should be over.

Thoughts?

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Stop the madness.

Brock
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
LOL, Jeezus.

58-4ever
01-09-2007, 11:49 AM

Saturday's loss was the lowest moment for Chief's Fans since the 1980s (aside from DTs tragedy and Lamar's death.) In 1983, I decided to take a much less passionate approach to my following of our beloved Chiefs. It lasted until Stedman was gone, Marty was hired, and DT was drafted. I've decided, it's time for me to take step back a bit for awhile once again.

I still love the Chiefs. And I'll still peruse this site, and others. However, I'm stepping back until this organization gets serious about contending for a Superbowl victory. I think Herm is a step in the right direction. However, as long as Carl is in our front office....this team will never be anything but a pretender.

Stedman left, and things gradually improved.

Thoughts?

What exactly is taking a step back? Are you giving up your seat in the draft room? Season tickets? Retiring your Chiefs gear?

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Dang, Mr. Mr. Kotter.

FAX

Fish
01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Carl Peterson is awesome!!! 18 more years![/sickofthis]

StcChief
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
as we enter year 19 of his 5 year plan... :)

The ball is in Clark's court.

Archie F. Swin
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
one of two things happened:

1. Carl got blindsided by Roaf

2. Carl knew the odds were good that Roaf would retire and didn't act on it.

if 2 is true, Carl needs to move on

Brock
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM

He had 5 years to take care of that issue. It's not like Roaf was 25 when he got here.

boogblaster
Carl is needed in Iraq..They need a 18-5 year plan....

KCTitus
1 down 3 to go...

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
PLEASE STOP....PLease.

CosmicPal
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his contract is up at the end of the 2007 season.

Your wish may be granted then. The 2007 draft may be his last.

Also, Herm's contract is up at the same time. (I believe)

Anyways, your wish may be granted sooner than you think.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM

I dont think 2 is true, if that was the case we would have gotten a tackle.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Tinfoil...must buy tinfoil.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his contract is up at the end of the 2007 season.

he reupped last year...signing a new 4 year deal. He said this was absolutely his last one.

Eleazar
01-09-2007, 12:09 PM
LMAO

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 12:11 PM

Nope on May 17,2005 CP agreed to a 4-yr contract extension.

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 12:14 PM
pick up exploding monkey....
Heavy Duty Foil.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Apparently in my sparse presence here over the past few weeks, this issue has been beaten to death....er, eh....I apologize. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 12:15 PM
pick up exploding monkey....
Heavy Duty Foil.

Get off your friggin' knees. Carl doesn't deserve your oral talents anymore.

FAX
01-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I think it's a good thread and all, Mr. Mr. Kotter.

I just hate to see you so down. I recommend that you bitch incessantly about Herm. It's helped me through my trials.

FAX

Calcountry
Kotter, if you are taking a step back, then why do you need to give us the Bluto from Animal House, "who's with me!" speech?

Eleazar
Apparently in my sparse presence here over the past few weeks, this issue has been beaten to death....er, eh....I apologize. :shrug:

But your joined date says 2001...

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Three more years!
Three more years!

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 12:21 PM
But your joined date says 2001...

LMAO...has there been an offseason when, or even a regular season, when this subject wasnt beaten to death?

Eleazar
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
LMAO...has there been an offseason when, or even a regular season, when this subject wasnt beaten to death?

Actually, it's time for me to reveal myself.

I am Clark Hunt, and even though I have been reading this site for more than 3 years, I have been an ardent supporter of Carl Peterson until this moment. When a fan says that they are "stepping back" from the team for now, I know it's time to take a hard look. It's hard to tell the difference between stepping back and being fairweather, but trust, me we insiders know the difference. You won't just get them back as soon as next season starts by winning a couple of games.

With cold, hard logic such as "this team will never be anything but a pretender", my mind has finally been changed. I can't refute that. This thread pushed me over the edge, I'll be serving Carl his notice right away. I know I just extended his contract for 4 more years but man, when Kotter said he was out, that was the last straw.

:D

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Kotter, if you are taking a step back, then why do you need to give us the Bluto from Animal House, "who's with me!" speech?
I'm really curious if my sentiment and affliction is typical of the Planet. I know there are critics and supporters and all....here, but I've tried to remain generally supportive of Peterson. If not enthusiastically, then out of deference.

I'm done with it; and was just curious how many others had finally thrown in the towel on Peterson. :shrug:

GoHuge
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm really curious if my sentiment and affliction is typical of the Planet. I know there are critics and supporters and all....here, but I've tried to remain generally supportive of Peterson. If not enthusiastically, then out of deference.

I'm done with it; and was just curious how many others had finally thrown in the towel on Peterson. :shrug:Pretty much everybody but it has reached "beating a dead dog" staus. After his Dad died Clarke said that he feels Carl has been doing a fine job running the team. That tells me nothing is going to change so we might as well accept it or abandon ship. It is what it is.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Pretty much everybody but it has reached "beating a dead dog" staus. After his Dad died Clarke said that he feels Carl has been doing a fine job running the team. That tells me nothing is going to change so we might as well accept it or abandon ship. It is what it is.
Fair enough. I've sensed more and more of us, willing to throw him under the bus....but there always seemed to a faction willing to make excuses for him (I've been one of them.) I guess, apparently, I'm among the last to abandon the ship though. :spock:

BigRedChief
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
125+ reply and 1,600 view thread on this subject here:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154145

Early to mid december thread

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Every time this happens (and nearly every offseason in general) the vast majority of the focus around here is "Carl needs to go". Yet, every season he stays and threats of a boycott or some focused, group oriented display by the fans against Peterson never happens.

How long has it been 18 seasons?

I think it would be kinda cool to see you guys lead the charge, rally the support of all other 'fan managed KC sites' and see just how powerful you can be. Who knows what would happen.

Or, you can just rehash the same ol' stuff about how much you hate Carl until he brings in a certain FA or drafts a certain guy that makes things better and then you say, "Well, maybe this is the year."

I'm not trying to throw out smack, just trying to see if the masses are really interested in seeing Peterson go. If you are... get creative and be loud.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Whitlock did a 'Fire Carl, Sign Ty Law' Bake Sale and Car Wash in front of Arrowhead a few years ago. It didnt go off so well...

The last time any 'action' was taken around here was the letter to Lamar asking him not to sign Romonowski. I guess that wouldnt work today, unless Clark's at the same address.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I've basically lost my passion for the Chiefs over the last few years, I'm still a fan but I have no expectations because if you have them they'll just shit all over you, and I'm tired of feeling that way.

Also when Carl finally does go he'll hand pick one of his cronies as his replacement so it'll be like he never left.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I've basically lost my passion for the Chiefs over the last few years, I'm still a fan but I have no expectations because if you have them they'll just shit all over you, and I'm tired of feeling that way.

Welcome...I entered this group after the 1997 season.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome...I entered this group after the 1997 season.

I was 17 in 97 I could handle it better then LOL.....

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Every time this happens (and nearly every offseason in general) the vast majority of the focus around here is "Carl needs to go". Yet, every season he stays and threats of a boycott or some focused, group oriented display by the fans against Peterson never happens.

I think it would be kinda cool to see you guys lead the charge, rally the support of all other 'fan managed KC sites' and see just how powerful you can be. Who knows what would happen.

Or, you can just rehash the same ol' stuff about how much you hate Carl until he brings in a certain FA or drafts a certain guy that makes things better and then you say, "Well, maybe this is the year."

I'm not trying to throw out smack, just trying to see if the masses are really interested in seeing Peterson go. If you are... get creative and be loud.

I'm Mr. Kotter, and I support this message. :clap:

Too bad I live six hours from KC, and don't have the "connections" you need to be "heard" at the Arrowhead offices. :(

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Well, form a 'Peterson GTFO Committee' ... you can lead it from afar.

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
I agree Peterson should be gone.

But even if he did leave? Im beginning to have that thought like it wouldn't matter. I think it's the organization as a whole from Clark Hunt down.

The Chiefs arent like other organizations...I think they're just satisfied being mediocre. That involves more than just Carl Peterson.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Who knows what would happen, but at the very least... shouldn't you make your voice heard and if nothing else, make Peterson's life a living hell... not unlike what he has put you guys through over the years?

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, form a 'Peterson GTFO Committee' ... you can lead it from afar.

Two years ago, given my life and the extra time on my hands.....I should have.

Right now, if I get 100 posts here in a week, I'm doing good. That use to be an average day for me not long ago. Life is busier these days.

We need someone unemployed or in "transition" to lead this thing full time.... :hmmm:

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree Peterson should be gone.

But even if he did leave? Im beginning to have that thought like it wouldn't matter. I think it's the organization as a whole from Clark Hunt down.

The Chiefs arent like other organizations...I think they're just satisfied being mediocre. That involves more than just Carl Peterson.

You wanna know what would happen? He'd still be in the organization and we'd have to watch him get put in the ring of fame.......look at Jack Steadman.

Then they'd let him pick the new GM so we'd get 10 years of Denny Thume or Bill Kuharick......

dirk digler
01-09-2007, 01:36 PM

I wish it was that simple but I appreciate your idea it is pretty good. The thing is fans in Detroit have done the same thing the last 2 years and it hasn't helped. If you can't Matt Millen fired I have little or no faith anyone could get CP fired.

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Who knows what would happen, but at the very least... shouldn't you make your voice heard and if nothing else, make Peterson's life a living hell... not unlike what he has put you guys through over the years?

I blame the organization in general. Id voice to the whole Chiefs FO, not just Peterson.

For rewarding us with nothing. And taking advantage of our passion for the team, all in the name of profit.

dirk digler
We need someone unemployed or in "transition" to lead this thing full time.... :hmmm:

This could be Phil's next calling. :)

I am sure Athan would donate some money to the cause.

BigRedChief
Two years ago, given my life and the extra time on my hands.....I should have.

Right now, if I get 100 posts here in a week, I'm doing good. That use to be an average day for me not long ago. Life is busier these days.

It's just not going to happen. No matter what we do King Carl will not be going anywhere. We have at least 3 more years of King Carl.

I think the only thing that could possibly provoke action would be 30-35K season ticket holders to not renew their tickets.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Pretty much if you want Carl gone don't put money in the Chiefs organization....

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Pretty much if you want Carl gone don't put money in the Chiefs organization....

Ding! Winnar

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
It's just not going to happen. No matter what we do King Carl will not be going anywhere. We have at least 3 more years of King Carl.

I think the only thing that could possibly provoke action would be 30-35K season ticket holders to not renew their tickets.

I'm seriously considering it. I'm only two tickets, and I will still have access to another pair for a few games a year if I wanted I think....but I'm seriously considering it. :banghead:

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
You wanna know what would happen? He'd still be in the organization and we'd have to watch him get put in the ring of fame.......look at Jack Steadman.

Then they'd let him pick the new GM so we'd get 10 years of Denny Thume or Bill Kuharick......

Your probably right. I can see something like that happening. Because this organization doesn't fire anybody....lol

*And for the fans hoping he resigns is only a pipe dream

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I haven't gone to a game in several years.....I no longer put money into the Chiefs organization because I'm fed up with how they do things. I don't feel they are worthy of my dollars with the job they do.

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey you know what?

I thought of something...Maybe one of us should apply for a job in the Chiefs organization?

Seriously. It wont make a difference. They don't fire anybody anyways. At least you know youd have a good stable job for oh say the next 20-30 years of your life.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey you know what?

I thought of something...Maybe one of us should apply for a job in the Chiefs organization?

Seriously. It wont make a difference. They don't fire anybody anyways. At least you know youd have a good stable job for oh say the next 20-30 years of your life.

I'll write on my app......."I know I can draft better than this team has in the last 20 years"

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll write on my app......."I know I can draft better than this team has in the last 20 years"

LOL...

I suggest including BB excerpts where your predictions of failure and or success of players came true.

This could work. We've got so many NFL personnel experts on this BB, we have a goldmine of talent.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:49 PM
LOL...

I suggest including BB excerpts where your predictions of failure and or success of players came true.

This could work. We've got so many NFL personnel experts on this BB, we have a goldmine of talent.

"I always knew Samie Parker would suck....."

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I haven't gone to a game in several years.....I no longer put money into the Chiefs organization because I'm fed up with how they do things. I don't feel they are worthy of my dollars with the job they do.

I dont blame you. I came once to watch a Chiefs game live at arrowhead, and I live FAR from KC. I regret it. All they did was choke. I though to myself what a waste of money. I've watched 4 KC games live, 3 of them on the road. got smoked in those 3 games on the road. Never again am I watching a Chiefs game live. Screw them.

*Screw the whole organization for performing like a bunch of pansies, and not giving me my moneys worth.

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Don't forget to include that you also believe within 15-20 years you can build a championship caliber football team.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I dont blame you. I came once to watch a Chiefs game live at arrowhead, and I live FAR from KC. I regret it. All they did was choke. I though to myself what a waste of money. I've watched 4 KC games live, 3 of them on the road. got smoked in those 3 games on the road. Never again am I watching a Chiefs game live. Screw them.

*Screw the whole organization for performing like a bunch of pansies, and not giving me my moneys worth.

To show you how fed up I am with the Chiefs.......I spent money to go to the WWE PPV the other night....but I won't spend money to see the Chiefs.

Mecca
Don't forget to include that you also believe within 15-20 years you can build a championship caliber football team.

"My 5 year plan would actually last 5 years"

KCTitus
"I always knew Samie Parker would suck....."

Oh sure...you can say that now. What you need to do is get some sort of documentation that's timestamped to prove you're not just posting stuff after the fact.

One word of warning...the front office doesnt care about who's going to 'suck', what's more important is to find those players that dont suck. So you're better off finding those players that you knew were going to be good and that panned out.

Im sure someone knew that Marques Colston was a sure fire talent that Carl passed on 7 times.

RedThat
01-09-2007, 01:56 PM
"My 5 year plan would actually last 5 years"

LOL...I know I know.

I dont mean to take a shot at you here. Im referring to Peterson, 5 year plan...and still waiting...on to 15, 20..lol

Hey, we could do that!

Mecca
01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
LOL...I know I know.

I dont mean to take a shot at you here. Im referring to Peterson, 5 year plan...and still waiting...on to 15, 20..lol

Hey, we could do that!

As long as we kept the stadium full and won 7 games a year we'd never get fired! What a plum job.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
5 years? 5 years? And here you guys are representing you're better than Carl. 2 years tops..

Mecca
01-09-2007, 02:00 PM
5 years? 5 years? And here you guys are representing you're better than Carl. 2 years tops..

After what Carl has done with the personel and how many guys need to be replaced that would be difficult.....

FAX
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
After what Carl has done with the personel and how many guys need to be replaced that would be difficult.....

The Thumbtacks have come back strong after only a few down years, Mr. Mecca.

You can do it.

FAX

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM

I expect better from smarter people...cmon now. The Patriots went 4-12 in 1999 and won it all in 2001. That's what I expect and any self respecting Chiefs fan should expect nothing less.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
PLEASE STOP....PLease.
Quit opening the threads then Carl Jr.

Mecca
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I expect better from smarter people...cmon now. The Patriots went 4-12 in 1999 and won it all in 2001. That's what I expect and any self respecting Chiefs fan should expect nothing less.

I think I could get a playoff win in 2 years.......or atleast a respectable showing.

KCTitus
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
I think I could get a playoff win in 2 years.......or atleast a respectable showing.

Ok. *snicker*

FAX
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I think he can do it.

I'm for you Mr. Mecca.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Ok. *snicker*

I think he meant with a "new" F.O....which could happen, I suppose.

hawkchief
01-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Ditto. Until Peterson is gone, I won't spend one red nickel with the Chiefs organization.

Brock
01-09-2007, 02:46 PM

LOL

Redrum_69
01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Why are the all the ICONS with 20k posts...making threads about how the Chiefs performance was on Saturday?

Youd think after 19,999 posts youd come to realize that mediocrity and a solid ticket sales event is all we are going to get.

Eighteen year plan going on Nineteen....

Mecca
01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
LOL

The dude in your av could probably do about as good as Carl.

Simplex3
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Tinfoil...must buy tinfoil.
Would that tinfoil be hardened by beryllium? It's an excellent hardening agent in metal alloys.

MahiMike
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Oh you big tease. I got a woody reading this post...)

chiefsfan1963
01-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Saturday's loss was the lowest moment for Chief's Fans since the 1980s (aside from DTs tragedy and Lamar's death.) In 1983, I decided to take a much less passionate approach to my following of our beloved Chiefs. It lasted until Steadman was gone, Marty was hired, and DT was drafted. I've decided, it's time for me to take step back a bit for awhile once again.

Steadman left, and things gradually improved.

Thoughts?

Not going to happen for at least 2 more seasons. Chiefs fans will have to wait it out until then.