PDA

View Full Version : I'm not Sure about you guys but....

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I have that same helpless and disgusted feeling when we went 6-10 and drafted Sims. It all stems from King Carl of course

HonestChieffan
01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
There can be no discussion without more visualization. You have a good start just not enough work on the main points of yout thesis.

louie aguiar
01-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I had a pretty good feeling after we drafted Sims. I thought he'd be a star. Obviously, I was very wrong.

Brock
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Awesome thread.

StcChief
01-09-2007, 12:11 PM
18 years of mediocrity says so much.

jspchief
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Name the year that Carl didn't try to improve the team.

I'm sorry but the whole idea of "content with mediocrity" is absurd to me. If Carl's only motive is money, winning would be the best path to attain his goal. Winning a Superbowl is a windfall for an organization.

The Chiefs probably just had their worst year of ticket sales since shortly after Peterson arrived. the idea that they want a repeat of tha tis ridiculous.

It's not that Peterson doesn't want to win. It's just the he's not good at it. He's the Marty Schottenheimer of GMs.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd say King Carl does try hard to get good players here etc, there is effort there, like JSP said, it hasn't worked out.

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM

I'm sorry but the whole idea of "content with mediocrity" is absurd to me. If Carl's only motive is money, winning would be the best path to attain his goal. Winning a Superbowl is a windfall for an organization.

The Chiefs probably just had their worst year of ticket sales since shortly after Peterson arrived. the idea that they want a repeat of tha tis ridiculous.

It's not that Peterson doesn't want to win. It's just the he's not good at it. He's the Marty Schottenheimer of GMs.

Ahhh but getting good player's might deal with cap hell for awhile to get that SB, and Peterson is not willing to pay the price. Hence the mediocrity statement

KurtCobain
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
huard for GM!

Logical
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

BigRedChief
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
2004Yep gave big money contracts to the ring leaders of the worst defense in the NFL. Woods, Wesley and Hicks

But anyway I think King Carl does want to win and does what he thinks is best. He's just a nincompoop when it comes to evaluating talent.

milkman
01-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Yep gave big money contracts to the ring leaders of the worst defense in the NFL. Woods, Wesley and Hicks

But anyway I think King Carl does want to win and does what he thinks is best. He's just a nincompoop when it comes to evaluating talent.

He's a nincompoop because he gives the coaching staff more voice in the early rounds than he does the scouting staff.

The coaching staff listens to biased college coaches, and put entirely too much stock in the workout numbers.

The guys who were hired to evaluate the players in the games that they actually played in aren't given a voice until the later rounds, which is where Carl and the Chiefs have done a consistently good job finding hidden gems.

Carl should just have a profile of the kinds of players the coach wants, and send the scouts out to find the best players that fit that profile.

RedThat
01-10-2007, 02:20 AM

I always ask myself "why?"

Why do the Chiefs continue to keep Peterson as their GM when all he did was build mediocre teams? I just find it weird. Its mind boggling. I can't understand it, and probably never will.

It's just that when you look at the numbers, that is, not winning a playoff game in 13 years, making the playoffs only twice in the last 9 years, but then the question pops up, why? why do we continue to keep this guy? It makes absolute no sense to me. Their must be a reason? And we'll probably never know the answer.