01-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Jared Allen
Tamba Hali
Law/Surtain (tie biatch)
Derrick Johnson
LJ

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Trent-he makes sure the D has plenty of chances to be out there the whole game-so they can shine-give him some props will ya.

Halfcan
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Its damm hard to have 2 pics and a fumble every game.

blueballs
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
practice makes perfect theory

Believer
01-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I agree. Its Trent Green. He keeps the score low.

Silock
01-09-2007, 10:20 PM
DJ
Allen
Hali
Surtain
Page

Rain Man
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Allen
Hali
D.O. Johnson
Knight (I don't know why more people don't like him)
Law?

patteeu
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
DJ
Allen
Colquit
Hali
Page

Leaving Law off because I'm interpreting the question as "which 5 would you keep going forward if you could only keep 5?"

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Johnson
Colquitt
Allen
Law
Surtain

Iowanian
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I was watching the replay, which was kind of like pounding angry bumble bees in your dickhole when you don't have to.....

I reinforced what I thought of Hali. Hali puts forth alot of effort on every play, he gets some push, and follows the ball and is even downfield making tackles or piling on in the secondary. What I've noticed that I really like, is that he Diagnoses plays. He'll be bull rushing, see whats happening, stop, duck under and get in pursuit. He diagnoses plays very well. I think he'll be great.

Allen plays hard, gets good push and makes alot of plays....Its amazing the percentage of plays where he and Hali are meeting at the ball, or just a half second from the QB.....If they only had some DTs....

Derick Johnson fell off this year, but alot of players do in their second season, in addition to the injuries he fought off. He seems to flow to the ball well, but I'd like to see him make less arm tackles.

Surtain has been quietly pretty decent. He's not great, he's not a shutdown corner, but he week in and week out is quiet on game day...you don't hear his name alot, because he's not being clowned. Maybe my expectations are just low, due to watching the likes of Warfield, and being told he was a "starting nfl cb".

Colquit did an outstanding job this year and a great job last year. He routinely made good kicks that helped the defense with field position.

Knight is good in run support, but is slow and a liability in Coverage. Wesley can bring the wood, but seems to play lackluster and take plays off. I think he's also a liability in coverage. I think Kawika Mitchell is a decent MIKE, but I don't think he's best suited for a cover 2 D, and I am perplexed at how often he whiffs after blasting into the backfield. All of the DTs are "just a guy" at best.

I have alot of hope for Page and Pollard, but neither played enough to earn my "best players" list.

KCChiefsMan
01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
DJ
Allen
Tamba
Law
Page

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Good question, Mr. blueballs.

Allen and the Mamba for sure. Then DJ probably, although the high ankle has caused him some obvious difficulty. I have very high hopes for this guy.

Then it gets a little murky, unfortunately. Surtain has been servicable and probably Page for his picks and upside potential.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I was watching the replay, which was kind of like pounding angry bumble bees in your dickhole when you don't have to.....

I reinforced what I thought of Hali. Hali puts forth alot of effort on every play, he gets some push, and follows the ball and is even downfield making tackles or piling on in the secondary. What I've noticed that I really like, is that he Diagnoses plays. He'll be bull rushing, see whats happening, stop, duck under and get in pursuit. He diagnoses plays very well. I think he'll be great.

Hali was a reach.....:rolleyes:

If that's a reach, I sure as hell hope we "reach" again.

Looking forward to the draft, not looking forward to people believing every thing they hear from all these supposed "draft experts."

There are only 2-3 that are worth a shit anyway, and none are named Kiper......

Logical
01-09-2007, 11:14 PM
J Allen
T Hali
D Johnson
T Law
Pollard (now that is such a reach it is sad)

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Ironically I called that the Chiefs would draft 3 of 5 most people are saying they are our best players on defense.

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Derick Johnson fell off this year, but alot of players do in their second season, in addition to the injuries he fought off. He seems to flow to the ball well, but I'd like to see him make less arm tackles.

I agree with everything you said except the DJ analysis.

He's made some steps towards being a complete LB and his injury did hinder his play slightly, but I wouldn't say it was an off-year. This season was more of personal growth as a player for DJ.

Skip Towne
01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Trent-he makes sure the D has plenty of chances to be out there the whole game-so they can shine-give him some props will ya.
I wouldn't have thought of that.

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:20 PM
J Allen
T Hali
D Johnson
T Law
Pollard (now that is such a reach it is sad)

Question, Mr. Logical. Why Law considering the falls, slips, and oopsies this year? Also, Pollard over Page?

I'm very interested in your reasoning.

FAX

FAX
01-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't have thought of that.

Hey, Mr. Skip Towne. Uh. How many "Last One To Post Wins" threads did you make?

Thanks in advance for your consideration and prompt response.

FAX

KC Jones
01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
J Allen
T Hali
D Johnson
T Law
Greg Wesley

Wesley has played pretty well this year IMO. Not enough to forgive him for disappearing in the middle of his career, but enough to make our top 5 list.

Rain Man
01-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Allen
Hali
D.O. Johnson
Knight (I don't know why more people don't like him)
Law?

Actually, I'd put Colquitt on my list instead of Law, based on the rules in the thread header. Colquitt is definitely top five.

KCJohnny
01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Jared Allen
Patrick Surtain
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Ty Law

el borracho
01-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Allen
DJ
Hali
Page
Pollard
Pollard plays defense?

el borracho
01-10-2007, 02:15 AM
DJ
Allen
Colquit
Hali
Page

Leaving Law off because I'm interpreting the question as "which 5 would you keep going forward if you could only keep 5?"
patteau = winner

KurtCobain
01-10-2007, 02:17 AM
jah red

and uh.....dj?

and umm, those rookies, and the old guy who's always pissed....and.... uhhhh.... we have a defense?

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Hicks
Sims
Bartee
Bell

RedThat
01-10-2007, 02:25 AM
5 best players on defense:

Allen
Hali
D.Johnson
Surtain
Law

btlook1
01-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Dump Bell's sorry a$$ and put Knight at OLB! I'm sure Knight is just as fast and is a player even if he is getting old. Think about it like this Bell only showed up for 2-3 games this year, I don't think Sammy could do any worse...and he can hit people!

boogblaster
01-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Allen..Johnson..Hali..Law..Pollard.. in that order...

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Best 5 when you factor in age, talent, and everything:

Allen
Hali
DJ
Page
Pollard

Interestingly enough, outside of Colquitt, those are the ONLY FIVE PLAYERS on defense that deserve to COME BACK.

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Gee, I hope someday soon this same thread post can be renamed

"our only five weak links, our D rocks"

I know never happening, but just dreaming the dream. 85 bears, 08 chiefs mentioned in the same breath.

ct
01-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Allen
DJ
Tamba
Surtain
Page

I admit, get past the top3, and I really don't want to put anyone's name down.

Fishpicker
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Allen
Hali
Law
DJ
Page

Allen's sack total dropped a bit but, he recovered 6 fumbles for us. Hali will develop into a great DE. Law is just too clutch to leave off the list. DJ is the only LB with the speed needed for Tampa 2. Page looked great with limited playing time. I want to see what he can do while starting.

ILChief
01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
is the real question the 5 best or is it the 5 you'd build around.

If it's simply the 5 best currently, I'd say:

Allen
Johnson
Hali
Law
Surtain

If it's the 5 that can be cornerstones for a good defense, I'd say:

Allen
Johnson
Hali
Page
Pollard

--------
I wonder if Johnson would be a good fit at middle linebacker? obviously our DTs are a joke. Our CBs, while good, are getting old.

InChiefsHeaven
01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Hali - Excellent rookie season and looks like he will only get better

Allen - good stuff again, not as many sacks, but was a force for the most part...did have a couple of games that I don't remember him doing anything, but on the whole, a good season

DJ - Hope he comes back better next year, but was pretty solid this season. Still hits well, but the tackles need to be a little more decisive.

Surtain - any time you don't hear a CB's name, he's proabably doing a pretty good job.

Page - Steal of the draft. 4 picks, 3 of them clutch in the endzone. You can't just call that luck. We'll see if he continues, but he looks pretty damn good for our future.

Honorable Mention: Mitchel. I don't think we need to freak out too badly on Kawika. Not top 5, but not so horrible that he shouldn't come back.

StcChief
01-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Allen
DJ
Law
Hali
Page
Colquitt

Redrum_69
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Sims
Bartee
Bell
Turley
Hicks

Mr. Laz
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Allen
DJ
Hali
Page
colquitt

J Diddy
01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
allen
law
surtain
hali
dj

Reerun_KC
01-10-2007, 11:47 AM

If that is True, then no matter who we play, Herm will always be the other teams best defensive player with his ability to put together an NFL game plan...

Reerun_KC
01-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Dump Bell's sorry a$$ and put Knight at OLB! I'm sure Knight is just as fast and is a player even if he is getting old. Think about it like this Bell only showed up for 2-3 games this year, I don't think Sammy could do any worse...and he can hit people!

Pollard as LB.....

Over-Head
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Gaz, Phobia, Logical, Big_Daddy, and Iowanian :p

blueballs
01-10-2007, 06:25 PM
like the youth
don't ya

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
(Colquitt) Optional
Allen