PDA

View Full Version : A hypothetical trade:

Frankie
01-10-2007, 02:47 PM
It pains me to post this. I love Trent Green. But if his age and our 'O' system will not allow him to be any better next year we might shop him to Al Saunders' Redskins. If they are interested how much do you think they will give up for him. Obviously it won't be a first day pick. But might they give us a couple of 4s?

Sure-Oz
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
lucky if we get 1 4th rounder

Mecca
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
The Redskins already have an old declining QB...and their young QB, Jason Campbell was starting at the end of the year. I don't really see why they'd want Trent.

Phobia
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I think we should trade Frankie and Skip for some younger, smarter talent.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
The Redskins have no interest in Trent Green.

Simplex3
hehe.

louie aguiar
If anyone's dumb enough to trade picks for a 37 year old washed-up QB, it's the Redskins.

Carlota69
It pains me to post this. I love Trent Green. But if his age and our 'O' system will not allow him to be any better next year we might shop him to Al Saunders' Redskins. If they are interested how much do you think they will give up for him. Obviously it won't be a first day pick. But might they give us a couple of 4s?

If we are going to trade for a QB, then I say we go for Matt Schaub from Atlanta.

Of course, what does my opinion about what the Chiefs should do in the off season matter? it's funny how we jump on here and talk about what King Carl and Co should do, as if they give a flying **** about what we think.

But, I would love to see Matt Schaub in a Chiefs uni next year--FWIW.

Simplex3
Thank you Dan Snyder.

Odd that with that much money you still live in your parent's house.

Frankie
The Redskins already have an old declining QB...and their young QB, Jason Campbell was starting at the end of the year. I don't really see why they'd want Trent.
System.

J Diddy
I don't see anyone trading anything higher than a 6th for a qb who's 1)37 2)didn't have a good season last year 3)missed half the season with a concussion

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know what the Redskins actually have for picks left?

Sure-Oz
01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
This trade won't happen anyway, why unseat Campbell after throwing him in?!

Frankie
01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Younger maybe, but smarter?! :p

Phobia
01-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Younger maybe, but smarter?! :p

If they can write their own name....

J Diddy
01-10-2007, 03:07 PM

nothing this year

or next

but they could probably work something out for the 2010 season

Easy 6
01-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Frankly Frankie, i would be very surprised if any team wants a 37 yr. old QB coming off a major injury, if Trent doesnt come back here my $$$ says he retires.

Skip Towne
01-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I figured you would use the Franchise tag on me again.

J Diddy
01-10-2007, 03:18 PM

nope you've become a locker room cancer

:)

Simplex3
01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Depends isn't franchising. Ensure isn't either.

FringeNC
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
The Skins wouldn't give up much of anything for Trent. We might get a sixth or something.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have interest in Green, despite GoChief's assertions to the contrary. Has Gibbs re-retired or something? If not, I can't imagine that Campbell showed them enough to make Gibbs want Campbell as his starting QB in probably his last year....Campbell was pretty bad.

Chief Chief
01-10-2007, 03:32 PM
We might be able to ship him to the Faders for their #1 pick...

Then again, CP would still blow the choice...

01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Al does. Dan won't.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM
10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions....Campbell was awful!

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 03:57 PM
nothing this year

or next

but they could probably work something out for the 2010 season

That is not that far from the truth according to what I heard on Sirius the other day. LMAO

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
if you want to talk trade to get some worthy picks and compensation, start talking LJ

That pains me to post, too. I would hope, bennett/holmes would get healther quick.

bogie
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Trent's going to retire. I know this because of the deer in the headlights eyes that he's had since he's come back.

crazycoffey
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Trent's going to retire. I know this because of the deer in the headlights eyes that he's had since he's come back.

I have a feeling he does too. So what happens to the cap and his salary/bonus when he does retire?

I've asked this before in hopes of learning more about how this merry-go-round we call the chiefs upper mangement/payroll/cap really works.

JBucc
01-10-2007, 05:48 PM
The Skins should be looking to get rid of their old slow weak armed quarterback not bringing in another one. I really can't think of a place where Trent could go and have success either. He should retire.

FringeNC
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions....Campbell was awful!

a 53% completion rate is pretty bad...especially after the offense has already been dumbed down for you.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
a 53% completion rate is pretty bad...especially after the offense has already been dumbed down for you.

Dude, this was his first year playing.

The Redskins are starting him next year.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Tell that to the overwhelming majority that voted for Vince Young as AP Offensive Rookie of the Year......

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
This should be pretty simple:

Jason Campbell is, and will be the starter for the Washington Redskins.

Trent Green has little to no trade value.

Trent Green being traded would kill us cap wise.

Trent Green will be the starter for the Chiefs next year, barring injury or retirement.

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok I found it since none of you lazy ****ers would do it for me! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NFL_Draft#Current_first_round_draft_order

They have traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 4th. ROFL

Bugeater
01-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I agree.

But then again, I didn't expect him to come back after the hit either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2007, 06:21 PM
The Lions would actually be the destination for him. They could pick up Thomas with the #2 pick and have the blindside on lockdown for years. However, Jones' Lis Franc injury is pretty nasty.

If I was Millen, I'd first kill myself. Then I'd trade for Green, Draft Thomas, sign Michael Turner, and use the rest of the draft for defense, with a guard thrown in in the middle rounds.

bogie
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree.

But then again, I didn't expect him to come back after the hit either.

I didn't expect him to come back either. Honestly, I wish he wouldn't have.

FAX
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Trent still has a lot of miles in him. Give the boy a line.

FAX

HemiEd
01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
The Lions would actually be the destination for him. They could pick up Thomas with the #2 pick and have the blindside on lockdown for years. However, Jones' Lis Franc injury is pretty nasty.

If I was Millen, I'd first kill myself. Then I'd trade for Green, Draft Thomas, sign Michael Turner, and use the rest of the draft for defense, with a guard thrown in in the middle rounds.
You make an interesting point. I wonder if Millen is dumb enough to give us his first for the Chiefs 2nd and Trent? We could end up with Thomas that way.

bogie
01-10-2007, 06:37 PM

FAX

I LOVE TRENT GREEN. However, IMO, unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of miles in him. After his injury, I have seen a look in his eyes, on close-ups, prior to the snap, that IMO told me the boy is done.

FAX
01-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I LOVE TRENT GREEN. However, IMO, unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of miles in him. After his injury, I have seen a look in his eyes, on close-ups, prior to the snap, that IMO told me the boy is done.

I have hi-def, too, Mr. bogie and I think what you're seeing is him checking to see if his tackles are napping in their stances.

FAX

milkman
01-10-2007, 07:40 PM
I have a feeling he does too. So what happens to the cap and his salary/bonus when he does retire?

I've asked this before in hopes of learning more about how this merry-go-round we call the chiefs upper mangement/payroll/cap really works.

I thought that was you, and I saw that you asked the question a couple of times, but didn't get the chance to answer, as my wife....uhh....got me side tracked.

If a player is cut, retires, or is traded, his base salary is not counted against the cap, but his remaining signing bonus is accelerated to the cap.

FAX
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I thought that was you, and I saw that you asked the question a couple of times, but didn't get the chance to answer, as my wife....uhh....got me side tracked.

If a player is cut, retires, or is traded, his base salary is not counted against the cap, but his remaining signing bonus is accelerated to the cap.

In the case of a trade, Mr. milkman, can the other team pick up the bonus and relieve the team of that burden?

FAX

htismaqe
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
In the case of a trade, Mr. milkman, can the other team pick up the bonus and relieve the team of that burden?

FAX

I don't believe so. Violation of the salary cap.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
The Skins should be looking to get rid of their old slow weak armed quarterback not bringing in another one. I really can't think of a place where Trent could go and have success either. He should retire.
Trent is much better than their old guy. In Saunders' offense anyway. I bet if Saunders puts the finishing touches on their 'O' this offseason, Trent can be a solid QB for them for another couple of years.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM

:hmmm:

Frankie
01-11-2007, 09:48 AM

FAX
Amen!

Frankie
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I have hi-def, too, Mr. bogie and I think what you're seeing is him checking to see if his tackles are napping in their stances.

FAX
:clap: