PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer interviews for Dolphins HC position

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Brian Schottenheimer that is............

After 1 year of being an offensive coodinator?? He probably needs a little more seasoning under his belt....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhI6zKASxwtw0_ueo1Y3k5c5nYcB?slug=jc-dolphinssearch011007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and New York Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis met with Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga to discuss the team's head coaching vacancy on Wednesday, according to Dolphins sources.

Schottenheimer, completing his first year with the Jets, helped improve an offense that ranked near the bottom in total yardage and points scored in 2005. Lewis, who has interviewed for numerous head coaching positions in the past four years, oversaw a unit that was decimated by injuries and took a step back statistically in 2006.

The Dolphins, who spoke to USC coach Pete Carroll last weekend, are scheduled to interview Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz on Thursday. Martz was 54-33 in five-plus seasons with the St. Louis Rams, having guided the franchise to four playoff appearances and a Super Bowl XXXVI berth against the New England Patriots.

Schottenheimer, Lewis and Martz are expected to be the final three of the 12 candidates interviewed for the vacancy created when Nick Saban left last week to take the head coaching job at the University of Alabama. Miami is expected to narrow the field next week and make a decision within two weeks.

Phobia
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
You don't say.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
You don't say.

Yea, as soon as i posted i saw the other thread...

Mods please delete.

wutamess
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
You trying to steal my thunder?