PDA

View Full Version : Cheapshot payout!!!

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2726834

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

The Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday secured one of their star young players for the future,with ESPN.com learning that the team has reached a six-year contract extension with defensive end Robert Geathers, the club's leading sacker in 2006.

The contract is worth $19 million in its first three years. The extension has a maximum value of $33.7 million. Geathers will earn$12.5 million in bonuses and will bank $14 million in the first year of the deal.

Without the extension, Geathers, a three-year veteran, would have been eligible for restricted free agency this spring. The Bengals would certainly have retained his rights by making him a one-year qualifying offer, but preferred the long-term extension, because Cincinnati views Geathers as a key part of its future.

TrickyNicky
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
"Cheap!? You can't slide into a diving lineman! Geathers left his feet and gave himself up, Green then slid into him."

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Geathers deserves this money. The Chiefs need a guy like this...Jared Allen's just mediocre. Of course they wouldn't pay this kind of money. Trent Green sucks.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I enjoy the Icon status I've reached at this point.....where people just make up what I say.

FAX
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I enjoy the Icon status I've reached at this point.....where people just make up what I say.

ROFL

FAX

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, Jim.

That's right. Sorry, Logical. I don't mean to blow your cover. But it's become SOOOOOOO patently obvious, I could hold my tongue no longer. The cynicism, the negativism, the arrogance, the Southern Cal connection....the prolific posting, that belies the pedestrian rate you are racking up with your old username. It's okay, Jim.

You are among friends. ;)

WilliamTheIrish
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Okay, Jim.

That's right. Sorry, Logical. I don't mean to blow your cover. But it's become SOOOOOOO patently obvious, I could hold my tongue no longer. The cynicism, the negativism, the arrogance, the Southern Cal connection....the prolific posting, that belies the pedestrian rate you are racking up with your old username. It's okay, Jim.

You are among friends. ;)

Kotter, that's the funniest thing you've posted in............. ever.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Kotter, that's the funniest thing you've posted in............. ever.:p