PDA

View Full Version : Fans being upset at us for the "Home of the Chiefs"

BigRedChief
01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
After 9/11 I cheered the NY Giants team as they ran out onto the field and said "Home of the brave" during the national anthem.

I always say "Home of the Chiefs" at Arrowhead.I talked with a couple of Indy fans during the pre game festivites about how they felt about it. One didn't know what I was talking about and the other said it didn't bother him.

This has been discussed in great detail on this board. The veterans who served our country and put themselfs in harms way for the homeland had no problem with it.

I said "Home of the Chiefs" at Indy. It seemed to genuinely hurt some people. Made them think that I was being disrespectful to the soldiers on the field at the time. Disrespectful to the people who died defending that flag.This is America. We can descrate the flag, burn it whatever in the name of free speech. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Even though I don't think its disrespectful and I have a right to do it in a visitors stadium I will never do that again on the road. It's not our place. Its not our home, we are visitors. I wouldn't want a visitor coming into my house and offending me.

I don't think that the Chief fans that will continue to say "Home of the Chiefs" on the road are making a poor choice and or are wrong. It's just my choice.

I will continue to say "Home of the Chiefs" at arrowhead. It's our thing. It's our stadium. It's our home.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
They're just pissed they didn't think of it first.

|Zach|
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree...I see no need to do it on the road.

BigRedChief
01-10-2007, 11:02 PM
There were articles/letters in the KC paper heres some more flack

The thousands of Chiefs fans visiting our city and attending the AFC playoff game made a mockery of our national anthem by screaming “home of the Chiefs” instead of “home of the brave,” the way it was written.

This may be “tradition” in Kansas City, but in Indianapolis it is disrespectful and disgraceful. Turning our nation’s anthem into a team chant, especially while Colts were honoring members of our military on the field, turns my stomach.

Chief fans, shame on you.

P.S. How about that Larry Johnson!

Paul A. Hurley
Beech Grove, Ind.

----------------------------------------------------------

I thought some Chiefs fans were very “bush league” in their actions during the national anthem at the Colts game Saturday. On the field were men and women from all branches of the military. When we sang “...and the home of the brave,” your fans yelled “Chiefs” instead.

How disrespectful.

Try to show some couth in the future.

Look it up if you don’t know what couth is.

Jerry Mace
Noblesville, Ind.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/unfettered_let...ct_nationa.html (http://blogs.kansascity.com/unfettered_letters/2007/01/respect_nationa.html)

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I think anyone who's offended by any invocation of "Home of the Chiefs" at the end of the national anthem, needs a swift kick to the nads. Er....eh....puss. :rolleyes:

gd nancies. :banghead:

:shake:

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I think it's really ****in stupid when people do it at non Chiefs things........

I went to the WWE PPV show last Sunday and at the end of the anthem half the crowd yelled that shit out and I was just like.......it's not a Chiefs game....

SPchief
01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
eh, **** em

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I think it's really ****in stupid when people do it at non Chiefs things........

I went to the WWE PPV show last Sunday and at the end of the anthem half the crowd yelled that shit out and I was just like.......it's not a Chiefs game....

Cool, Jim. :rolleyes:

Next....

01-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I have no problem with it at Arrowhead. I don't really see a need to do it at other stadiums though.

Of course, if there are more Chiefs fans there than there are opposing teams fans......

Reaper16
01-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Yup... it's the offseason all right.

morphius
01-10-2007, 11:08 PM
AZ fans bitched, Rams fans bitch about it, blah, blah, blah. Nobody is happy when other fans come into their house and start doing the away teams chants during a game. Big shocker.

Personally I doubt I would do it at an away game, but I sure would be thinking it.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Cool, Jim. :rolleyes:

Next....

Cmon...I don't have any issue at Arrowhead or really football games in general.....by why yell it out at something not related at all?

Stinger
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
So when I am at an opposing team stadium am I not aloud to booo their team, the referee, coach or individual player, or is that too much disrespect as well?

All this is for someone doesn't like someone elses view in their house so to speak. Both parties see things differently and will continue to snipe at each other.

Skip Towne
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
We stole it from Atlanta.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Cmon...I don't have any issue at Arrowhead or really football games in general.....by why yell it out at something not related at all?

Jim:

WTF not? If I want to? Over? :rolleyes:

:shake:

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Because there is a time and place for everything...

01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
We stole it from Atlanta.
ROFL Hoooooome of the Braves!!!!

Skip Towne
01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I really like it but wouldn't do it in another teams stadium. Only Arrowhead is the "Home of the Chiefs".

KurtCobain
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
the whole damn country is home of the Chiefs.

But I do agree it is disrespectful to do it in another team's home.

Jenson71
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
It doesn't bother me when people do it, but I just don't. I'd never replace the stars on an American flag with fifty Chiefs helmets either. America is the home of the brave and the Kansas City Chiefs along with many other things, and fifty Chiefs helmets can be used to symbolize the fifty united states in our country, but it's just not something I'd do, maybe it has to do with the fact that I was raised (and will raise my own kids this way) that when the anthem is being sung, you stand perfectly damn still, looking at a star on the flag, shut the **** up, or sing respectfully along.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Really? :spock:

Well, it's 11 pm. And I want to eat a gd omelette. And I want to watch Scooby Doo cartoons, bitch.

Oh....er....eh....it's my bad......this, apparently isn't the "time and place" for that shit, so STFU and STFD, Mr. Tait. :cuss:

;)

SPchief
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM

If there are enough Chiefs fans in attendence for people to hear it. You would think the other fans would be offended that there were so many oposing teams fans' in the stadium.

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Really? :spock:

Well, it's 11 pm. And I want to eat a gd omelette. And I want to watch Scooby Doo cartoons, bitch.

Oh....er....eh....it's my bad......this, apparently isn't the "time and place" for that shit, so STFU and STFD, Mr. Tait. :cuss:

;)

LOL........But honestly how does it make sense to yell that at an arena for a wrestling show? Do you go to KU games and yell out Home of the Chiefs?

Nzoner
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Then they should sell out their stadiums with their own fans.

Fock em

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:22 PM
LOL........But honestly how does it make sense to yell that at an arena for a wrestling show? Do you go to KU games and yell out Home of the Chiefs?

Why not? It could add some levity. At KU games? At the prices those bitches charge, I yell whatever the fugg I want....

:)

wutamess
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
:spock: Is this a blog?

FAX
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I can understand the exhilaration it would bring at Arrowhead when you're shouting it out along with 70,000 like-minded fans.

I don't intend this to be a disrespectful question, by any means, but why would you want to do it somewhere else with only just a few people and everyone else is looking at you like you're nuts?

FAX

|Zach|
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
:spock: Is this a blog?
What?

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Is this a blog?

Why? I didn't think negros blogged......

;)

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:25 PM

;)

Well it's hard being a gangsta these days.

Mr. Kotter
I can understand the exhilaration it would bring at Arrowhead when you're shouting it out along with 70,000 like-minded fans.

I don't intend this to be a disrespectful question, by any means, but why would you want to do it somewhere else with only just a few people and everyone else is looking at you like you're nuts?

FAX
Because I don't mind looking like I'm nuts? :shrug:

Go Chiefs.....BITCH!!! :cuss:

:p

Nzoner

FAX

People looking at me like I'm nuts is nothing new

wutamess
01-10-2007, 11:26 PM

;)

I don't know whether to be offended or laugh in awe because you're mostly right.

Imon Yourside
01-10-2007, 11:27 PM

too bad you didn't use this discretion in defending your boys from USC in the Trent Green threads. It IS the land of the free so bugger off if ya don't like it.

Mr. Kotter
Well it's hard being a gangsta these days.
"It's hard out here for a pimp..."....bitch.

Get it right. :harumph:

|Zach|
http://www.blackweblogawards.com/

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know whether to be offended or laugh in awe because you're mostly right.

:high five: to wutamess....

ROFL

Mecca
01-10-2007, 11:30 PM
"It's hard out here for a pimp..."....bitch.

Get it right. :harumph:

I got told.....by an old white dude. I'm totally hosed now.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I got told.....by an old white dude. I'm totally hosed now.

An old.....fat, bald.....white dude....heh. ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
What the hell....that's not you.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
What the hell....that's not you.

No.

But it's close.... ;)

Mark M
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM

MY EYES!!! IT BURNS!!!!!!!

MM
~~:p

SithCeNtZ
01-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Why not? It could add some levity. At KU games? At the prices those bitches charge, I yell whatever the fugg I want....

:)

Actually they yell it at every home game both football and bball. They even booed King Carl at one of the games. People will always find something to complain about. The Colts fans I went with thought it was cool and they all said that if they didn't want to hear it they wont let most of the upper deck be bought by the opposing team.

Frazod
01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't do it anywhere but Arrowhead. It's our thing.

HMc
01-11-2007, 12:17 AM
i dunno why you'd do it elsewhere, those places, uh, aren't the home of the chiefs.

Reaper16
01-11-2007, 12:23 AM
i dunno why you'd do it elsewhere, those places, uh, aren't the home of the chiefs.
To be fair, the Edward Jones Dome aka Arrowhead East was, but your point remains intact.

FAX
01-11-2007, 12:30 AM
It seems to me that, if it's that important to a person, that individual should shout it out several times throughout the day. On your way to work, right after receiving the check for lunch, and during an afternoon meeting, perhaps.

In this way, critics will eventually become immune to the idea having heard offending chant thousands of times a year and these pre-game complaints will cease.

FAX

TinyEvel
01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Is it okay to say it at Huricane Sports Bar in Vegas? Where there are 200 Chiefs fans for every game broadcast, and a LIVE person sings the anthem?

YES!

In other stadiums? No.

RedDread
01-11-2007, 12:54 AM

is it me or is that guy's head misshapen?

Valiant
01-11-2007, 01:07 AM

**** that, if the other team is not loud enough at their own home stadium that a few thousand fans can out yell them there is more trouble then just the end of the anthem...

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Like Colts fans have any room to talk about class.

We did it Arrowhead East and took over that place. I think it shows that we are here to kick ass.

RedDread
01-11-2007, 03:25 AM
You know what's really sad?

This year I started thinking: You know I'm not really sure this team is deserving of fans this dedicated...

then I snapped out of it and remembered there's always next year :thumb:

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:37 AM
I yelled it out at a funeral. Sorry, its a habit.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah, we are F*CKIN commie pinkos

ROFL

Bob Dole
01-11-2007, 06:43 AM
LOL........But honestly how does it make sense to yell that at an arena for a wrestling show?

How does it make any sense to even be in an arena for a wrestling show?

Mile High Mania
01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
They do a similar thing at the Dallas Stars (NHL) games ... fans yell "STARS" really loud during the anthem. I'm sure there are many teams that trick up various parts of the anthem.

morphius
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
It seems to me that, if it's that important to a person, that individual should shout it out several times throughout the day. On your way to work, right after receiving the check for lunch, and during an afternoon meeting, perhaps.

In this way, critics will eventually become immune to the idea having heard offending chant thousands of times a year and these pre-game complaints will cease.

FAX
I already get slapped for yelling "Touchdown Kansas City" after an orgasm, are you trying to get me fired?

Mile High Mania
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
I already get slapped for yelling "Touchdown Kansas City" after an orgasm, are you trying to get me fired?

So, you have a mental image of LJ at that same point as well... ? Nice. :shake:

morphius
01-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Ummm, no. Why would I think of a guy while doing that? I know Denver fans liked Elway, I just didn't know how much they liked Elway.

Over-Head
01-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Nuthooks to those who would disrespect a national anthem! :cuss:
There are some things in life that should be left "untouchable"

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 07:38 AM
:spock: Is this a blog?There were letters written into the Indy paper about it. There was letters to the KC Star that got into our paper. Both 610 and 810 had calls about it from Indy fans and a discussion about whether it was okay to do as a visitor.

I think what may have amped up the feelings of disrespect was that there was a lot of active soldiers on the field and they were being honored.

jspchief
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Every time this subject comes up, I think about last year's game against Dallas when that stadium rattled with people yelling Chiefs. It was awesome, it's why I'll continue to do it everywhere I go.

As for disrespect, I know what's in my heart and what my intent is. I'm not going to let some douchebag that roots for the Colts or any other team try to tell me it's something it isn't.

Coach
01-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Here's a great analogy for those complaining f**ksticks.

If you can't handle it, get the f**k out. Otherwise, STFU and STFD.

morphius
01-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Or are you just upset that your wife yells "In Com Plete" after you roll over to try and fall asleep? :D

Coach
01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Or are you just upset that your wife yells "In Com Plete" after you roll over to try and fall asleep? :D

LMAO LMAO LMAO

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Even Broncos found that comment hilarious.
http://www.fund4horses.org/images/laughing_horse_acclaim_images.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
01-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Awesome... :clap:

kepp
01-11-2007, 08:51 AM
There were articles/letters in the KC paper heres some more flack

Jerry Mace
Noblesville, Ind.
"Pardon me, Jerry. Would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?"

stevieray
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
If it was that offensive, the league would put a stop to it.

Let's face it, some Americans cant' and don't handle "adversity" very well. Anything short of warm and fuzzy is just too much to bear.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
....do it at Arrowhead....other stadiums...not so much.

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
To all my friends in Indy...I lived there once.....Bite me and 80000 others who think you should just chill out and put your BS objections away.

StcChief
01-11-2007, 10:04 AM
If it was that offensive, the league would put a stop to it.

Let's face it, some Americans cant' and don't handle "adversity" very well. Anything short of warm and fuzzy is just too much to bear.

The PCing of America has brought this on.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I've chanted it at Arrowhead and at Qualcomm. I've never really thought about whether it's a home or away thing - it's a Chiefs thing.

But in my mind, I never really related it to the U.S. Military. If it's offensive to our soldiers, I'd stop doing it, period. But so far, it looks like it's only civilians chiming in.

As for those idiots chanting "home of the Chiefs" outside of Arrowhead stadium or a Chiefs sporting event, they're a perfect example of classless fans. And for all this talk of certain players being classless - that's about as classless and stupid as they come.

morphius
01-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I've chanted it at Arrowhead and at Qualcomm. I've never really thought about whether it's a home or away thing - it's a Chiefs thing.

But in my mind, I never really related it to the U.S. Military. If it's offensive to our soldiers, I'd stop doing it, period. But so far, it looks like it's only civilians chiming in.

As for those idiots chanting "home of the Chiefs" outside of Arrowhead stadium or a Chiefs sporting event, they're a perfect example of classless fans. And for all this talk of certain players being classless - that's about as classless and stupid as they come.
We have had military people on this BB who have supported it, so it really isn't a disrespectful thing to people in the military as much as some of whiners would want you to believe.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 11:57 AM
We have had military people on this BB who have supported it, so it really isn't a disrespectful thing to people in the military as much as some of whiners would want you to believe.
I've not seen one post ever on a Chiefs BB from a military person saying that they were offended. I've seen many posts that are either indifferent or think its great.

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I watched the game with my buddies in the army and they have no problem with it.

dtebbe
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm an Army vet and I do it... It's done in fun and no disrespect to anyone... excpet if you do it in a visiting team's statium.... but who gives a F about that?

Let's face it, when we do it on the road it makes the opposing fans stand up and realize that the NFL's best fans are in the mother fuggin house!

At Indy I accidentially sprayed it when I sayed it :) Some poor colts fan gave me a pretty dirty look on that one ROFL

DT

Iowanian
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
If 45000 communist Colt fans aren't singing the anthem loud enough to drown out 10,000 Patriotic Chief fans at the end....thats on them.

I've taken soldiers to games, and have never heard a word bad about it.

its usually "that was effing cool"....especially when combining it with the flyovers.

Our soldiers protect free speech.

StcChief
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm an Army vet and I do it... It's done in fun and no disrespect to anyone... excpet if you do it in a visiting team's statium.... but who gives a F about that?

Let's face it, when we do it on the road it makes the opposing fans stand up and realize that the NFL's best fans are in the mother fuggin house!

At Indy I accidentially sprayed it when I sayed it :) Some poor colts fan gave me a pretty dirty look on that one ROFL

DT

They can KMA. I think it's cool.... If they let other fans out sing them it's on them.

KC Kings
01-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Anybody have a bit torrent of the game? Look at all of the Colts fans wearing their hats and just standing around not covering their hearts during the National Anthem. It is funny how before 9/11 people would talk through the National Anthem, not salute, and nobody stood up for colors at the beginning of a parade then all of a sudden 9/11 comes alone and you have all of the bandwagon patriots that want to get offended. These are the same jackasses that put the US Flags in the windows of their cars completely dirty and torn and are too ignorant to even know that they are disrespecting the flag.

The USS Enterprise was doing a PR visit to Tampa in either '99 or 2000, and a couple hundred of us went to the Chiefs game. We Chiefs fans all sat together and yelled Chiefs, and nobody got offended.

WEIRDWOLF
01-11-2007, 01:41 PM
How disrespectful.

Jerry Mace
Noblesville, Ind.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/unfettered_let...ct_nationa.html (http://blogs.kansascity.com/unfettered_letters/2007/01/respect_nationa.html)

If the Chiefs fans were uncouth then what about when a Chiefs player was down on the field and the Colts fans booed him. This happened twice. That was uncouth.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:46 PM

Some people are wresting fans man.......there's a reason it's a multi million dollar industry.......

Iowanian
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I wonder if Indy Fans whining about this thought it was very respectful to Boo Injured Chiefs players...twice.

Eff them. I hope Ray Lewis Impales Peyton on his engorged wedding tackle and does a victory lap.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
If the Chiefs fans were uncouth then what about when a Chiefs player was down on the field and the Colts fans booed him. This happened twice. That was uncouth.No chit that was bad. Hey weirdwolf you see this pic?

Buck
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
And Qualcomm is the Home of the Chargers so quit complaining about the Ticketmaster thing.

SPchief
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
And Qualcomm is the Home of the Chargers so quit complaining about the Ticketmaster thing.

You'd be the best person to ask.

What do Chargers fans think when half of their stadium yells home of th Chiefs?

StcChief
01-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Anybody have a bit torrent of the game? Look at all of the Colts fans wearing their hats and just standing around not covering their hearts during the National Anthem. It is funny how before 9/11 people would talk through the National Anthem, not salute, and nobody stood up for colors at the beginning of a parade then all of a sudden 9/11 comes alone and you have all of the bandwagon patriots that want to get offended. These are the same jackasses that put the US Flags in the windows of their cars completely dirty and torn and are too ignorant to even know that they are disrespecting the flag.

The USS Enterprise was doing a PR visit to Tampa in either '99 or 2000, and a couple hundred of us went to the Chiefs game. We Chiefs fans all sat together and yelled Chiefs, and nobody got offended.

bandwagon patriots.... first ones to leave for Canada when terrorist appear.

Buck
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
You'd be the best person to ask.

What do Chargers fans think when half of their stadium yells home of th Chiefs?

Well it sucked 3 or 4 years ago, but now there are so few, about 5,000 Chiefs fans, that you can barely hear it.

SPchief
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
cough bandwagon fans cough

I'm not saying you, just the fanbase in general

Buck
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
cough bandwagon fans cough

I'm not saying you, just the fanbase in general

Yeah, there are bandwagon fans, so what? We need them to get loud and they do. Hell, this has been such a great season that its going to be impossible for some people to hop off of the bandwagon. Plus its not like we are gonna suck any time soon.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, there are bandwagon fans, so what? We need them to get loud and they do. Hell, this has been such a great season that its going to be impossible for some people to hop off of the bandwagon. Plus its not like we are gonna suck any time soon.
Sorry, your a great fan but the majority of your Charger brethren are lame ass fans. You don't deserve the best team in football. Real hard core football fans like KC should get to expereince a super Bowl sometime. Every team has bandwagoneers but we don't need them to sell out our stadium. you do.

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm a vet, don't find it disrespectful. Their just nickpicking to nick pick.

In Dallas last year there were a lot of chief fans, it was awesome. some cowboy fans around me, including a friend that went to the game with me (he was wearing a dallas jersey) all thought that it sounded kinda neat. They also thought it was cool that so many chief fans were even there.

It didn't sound as cool as hearing it at arrowhead, but it is anything but disrespectful, home or away. If we are representing enough of the crowd, keep doing it I'd say.

Spott
01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
If they don't like it, maybe they should try selling the stadium out with their own fans. It's a football game for pete's sake. It's not like it's being done at a military funeral.

Spott
01-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Plus its not like we are gonna suck any time soon.

3 days is pretty soon.

DJJasonp
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief]There were articles/letters in the KC paper heres some more flack

The thousands of Chiefs fans visiting our city and attending the AFC playoff game made a mockery of our national anthem by screaming “home of the Chiefs” instead of “home of the brave,” the way it was written.

This may be “tradition” in Kansas City, but in Indianapolis it is disrespectful and disgraceful. Turning our nation’s anthem into a team chant, especially while Colts were honoring members of our military on the field, turns my stomach.

Chief fans, shame on you.

Paul A. Hurley
Beech Grove, Ind.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Paul,

Redrum slept with your mother.

P.S. She gave him the second one for free.

DJJasonp
Chiefs Fan

Iowanian
01-11-2007, 04:06 PM
If your team wasn't moving anyway, I'd send INS to the dolt game next year....then half the stadium would be available for Chief fans again.

When the wheels come off the bandwagon when marty chokes again.....it won't matter.

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 04:25 PM
bandwagon patriots.... first ones to leave for Canada when terrorist appear.
ROFL

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Good point. WTF are you doing at a wrestling show?

LocoChiefsFan
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
That's exactly right. Here's a quote from a thread on the Colts.com message board.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this, but with 9K tiks on sale on Ebay and Stubhub, we will more than likely be in a hostile environment, especially the upper decks.

I'd like to start the anthem with our COLTS in place of the brave , granted its something comical, but puts a bad taste in the mouth, when I hear a visiting team revelling... I respect their fans, and admire arrowhead, but hey, this is OUR house. No doubt they will know that early and often, but I'd like to make it a point.

That said, whaddaya say we negate their one positive and either replace Brave with COLTs or start screaming like a hockey game at the start of the anthem and drowned them out entirely...

Not like we don't pass out towels when we play the Steelers, might be a nice addition to our pummeling come Saturday.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 07:31 AM
That's exactly right. Here's a quote from a thread on the Colts.com message board.
Kettle meet black irony

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 08:05 AM
You know what's really sad?

This year I started thinking: You know I'm not really sure this team is deserving of fans this dedicated...

then I snapped out of it and remembered there's always next year :thumb:
The typical year for us Chief fans :rolleyes:

jidar
01-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I agree. I would not do it at a road game.

Extra Point
01-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't do it at home, but I'm not going to make a fed case out of it.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I have always stood with the belief that Arrowhead is in America. I see the butchering of our national anthem as an offense to every American. That's just the way I am. I have not yelled "home of the Chiefs" at any game and will never do so. I do feel sorry for those that feel they can disrespect everything our history stands for by using that one little phrase.

I was at the first game after 9/11 and was embarassed for America, the State of Missouri and Kansas City. It just validates the me generation is now making rules against the norm to fit with what they think is right regardless of who it offends.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 08:23 AM
I have always stood with the belief that Arrowhead is in America. I see the butchering of our national anthem as an offense to every American. That's just the way I am. I have not yelled "home of the Chiefs" at any game and will never do so. I do feel sorry for those that feel they can disrespect everything our history stands for by using that one little phrase.

I was at the first game after 9/11 and was embarassed for America, the State of Missouri and Kansas City. It just validates the me generation is now making rules against the norm to fit with what they think is right regardless of who it offends.
WTF? At the NY game in Arrowhead I didn't hear a "Chiefs" I heard the brave. And it was the only time ever, that a visiting team was cheered coming out of the tunnel.

I'm not going to yell it anymore on the road as a personal choice and sign of respect. But to say you feel sorry for people that do it at Arrowhead? Where is the moral sin being committed?

Fairplay
01-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Don't participate if you don't believe in it.

No one is twisting anyones arm here.

If you don't like to hear it put your fingers in your ears and go la-la-la-la-la-la

stevieray
01-12-2007, 09:25 AM

you don't remember the fans putting money in the firemen boots? Chiefs fans stepped up that day...raised over 300k if I remember correctly.

It's a game. It's friggen entertaiment. I'm embarassed for those who are so sensitive they expect everyone around them to conform to their tiptoe through life mantra.

I know the Indy fan didn't give a crap about spilling alcohol all over the flag on my costume.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
you don't remember the fans putting money in the firemen boots? Chiefs fans stepped up that day...raised over 300k if I remember correctly.

It's a game. It's friggen entertaiment. I'm embarassed for those who are so sensitive they expect everyone around them to conform to their tiptoe through life mantra.

I know the Indy fan didn't give a crap about spilling alcohol all over the flag on my costume.

You seem to be confused with giving in time of need and disrespecting something of great value in our society. Even the scum of the earth would give if they had money in times like that, and no I'm not calling anyone at the game the scum of the earth.

The game is entertainment, the national anthem is not. I would guess if you were raised with the same type of patriotism impressed as some of the others in the country your outlook might be a little different.

As for your flag on costume, did you know it is improper to display the flag in such manner? I'll look for the information about the proper display of the flag and let you determine if you are basically wrong in your method of display. Yes I know that in recent years there has been many displays that do not match the "rules for proper display" but recent actions don't necessarily make something right.

I've stated an opinion and position. I have never expected anyone to follow what I do, if you read it that way I'd guess that there is some underlying guilt about the way you handle life for yourself.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
WTF? At the NY game in Arrowhead I didn't hear a "Chiefs" I heard the brave. And it was the only time ever, that a visiting team was cheered coming out of the tunnel.

I'm not going to yell it anymore on the road as a personal choice and sign of respect. But to say you feel sorry for people that do it at Arrowhead? Where is the moral sin being committed?

It is extremely apparent you weren't listening. The Chiefs did ask that the crowd NOT sing HOME OF THE CHIEFS, but there was at least enough that did not listen to them to drown out the Home of the Brave when it was sung. Are you sure you were at the game in 1991?

stevieray
01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
You seem to be confused with giving in time of need and disrespecting something of great value in our society. Even the scum of the earth would give if they had money in times like that, and no I'm not calling anyone at the game the scum of the earth.

The game is entertainment, the national anthem is not. I would guess if you were raised with the same type of patriotism impressed as some of the others in the country your outlook might be a little different.

As for your flag on costume, did you know it is improper to display the flag in such manner? I'll look for the information about the proper display of the flag and let you determine if you are basically wrong in your method of display. Yes I know that in recent years there has been many displays that do not match the "rules for proper display" but recent actions don't necessarily make something right.

I've stated an opinion and position. I have never expected anyone to follow what I do, if you read it that way I'd guess that there is some underlying guilt about the way you handle life for yourself.

Excuse me? Raised with the same type of patriotism? Would that include volunteering for service when the hostages were in Iran....on the delayed entry program, joining two weeks after I graduated high school?

I'm interested in the etiquette of flag display..but does that condone his actions? I'm curious to see if the displayis more offensive to you than the disrespect...

my last statement was general in context...if you are taking it personal, then maybe it is you who needs to take the long, hard look as why you are questioning others patriotism.

stevieray
01-12-2007, 10:22 AM
thanks for the heads up...it is against the Flag Code.

thank you.

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry, your a great fan but the majority of your Charger brethren are lame ass fans. You don't deserve the best team in football. Real hard core football fans like KC should get to expereince a super Bowl sometime. Every team has bandwagoneers but we don't need them to sell out our stadium. you do.
Obviously you don't remember our "crowds" of 20,000 before Marty got to KC.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 10:38 AM
It is extremely apparent you weren't listening. The Chiefs did ask that the crowd NOT sing HOME OF THE CHIEFS, but there was at least enough that did not listen to them to drown out the Home of the Brave when it was sung. Are you sure you were at the game in 1991?
I'm assuming you meant 2001.
I've been a season ticket holder since 1995. I've missed 3 games during that time including exibition games and the post 9/11 game was not one of them. I don't remember the Chiefs asking anyone not to do it. It was talked about among Chief fans and we voluntarily decided not to that.

And just get off this who is more patrotic crap.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Obviously you don't remember our "crowds" of 20,000 before Marty got to KC.
as far as how much of a bandwagoneer we are now as a fan base.........

I think because we have 16 years of consistent sell outs that our past is our past and not our current situation

SLQ
01-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I've been a season ticket holder since 1995. I've missed 3 games during that time including exibition games and the post 9/11 game was not one of them. I don't remember the Chiefs asking anyone not to do it. It was talked about among Chief fans and we voluntarily decided not to that.

You are heading in the wrong direction. I think you need to read what is written without adding in your own sentiment or interpetation of what you thought the underlying agenda is.

People from certain time frames were raised to have more respect for the country than, apparently, you were according to your remark.

If you don't remebmer what was said over the loud speaker directly BEFORE the National Anthem was sung you weren't paying attention. There was quite a bit of discussion in our immediate area after, as stated, enough shouted it out enough to drown out the actual words.

BTW, being a season ticket holder places you in no more postion to be an expert than the guy that buys a single game ticket.

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 10:47 AM
as far as how much of a bandwagoneer we are now as a fan base.........

I think because we have 16 years of consistent sell outs that our past is our past and not our current situation
Just let us have numeous losing seasons like SD has had and we're right down there with them.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Excuse me? Raised with the same type of patriotism? Would that include volunteering for service when the hostages were in Iran....on the delayed entry program, joining two weeks after I graduated high school?

I'm interested in the etiquette of flag display..but does that condone his actions? I'm curious to see if the displayis more offensive to you than the disrespect...

my last statement was general in context...if you are taking it personal, then maybe it is you who needs to take the long, hard look as why you are questioning others patriotism.

You need to thicken up your skin. I wasn't pointing you out, in general, as you say your comment was. Am I not granted the same general comments as you are?

Disrespect of the country knows no age, I was pointing out that people raised in different times were taught differently. Hell, when I was in school you could say the Pledge of Allegiance without being sued for praying in school!

Did the guy pour the beer on the American flag on your costume only or did he pour the beer on a Chiefs fan that happened to be wearing a flag and got some on it?

J Diddy
01-12-2007, 10:58 AM

I remembered them saying something on the web site....

stevieray
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I would guess if you were raised with the same type of patriotism impressed as some of the others in the country your outlook might be a little different.

seems you were speaking to me, and not making a general statement.

It appears you are indicating my upbringing and my outlook.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 11:57 AM
seems you were speaking to me, and not making a general statement.

It appears you are indicating my upbringing and my outlook.

OK, for dipstick:

If a person was raised with the same type of patriotism impressed as some of the others in the country that persons outlook might be a little different.

Now get off your soapbox and realize that I'm not specifically calling you out.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
BTW, being a season ticket holder places you in no more postion to be an expert than the guy that buys a single game ticket.
I was talking about what "usually" takes place in the stadium. Going to almost every gaem for over 10 years makes me more knowledable about what usually happens in the stadium.

I'm not going to get into a discussion about every detail of a post or point. Lifes just too frigging short

StcChief
01-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm as patriotic as the next and it doesn't disrepect our country. Unlike flag burning, draft dodging people.

I really don't have a problem with last line being Home of the Chiefs for the football game.

Never met a vet that had a problem either.

MOhillbilly
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
HOme of the Chiefs doesnt bother me.

What bothers me is people who dont remove there cover while the anthem is being sung.

everygame ive been to in the past 15 years ive had to yell at people to take there ****ing hats off.

these are probably the same people who wear hats inside there grandmas house.

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 12:35 PM
HOme of the Chiefs doesnt bother me.

What bothers me is people who dont remove there cover while the anthem is being sung.

everygame ive been to in the past 15 years ive had to yell at people to take there ****ing hats off.

The Hat Police. Now I've seen it all.

Fish
01-12-2007, 12:36 PM

That got a grin out of me.... memories of gramps grabbing me by the ears and explaining why it's respectful in his house.

Parents quit teaching that at some point......

MOhillbilly
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
The Hat Police. Now I've seen it all.

shut it hippy.

SLQ
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm as patriotic as the next and it doesn't disrepect our country. Unlike flag burning, draft dodging people.

I really don't have a problem with last line being Home of the Chiefs for the football game.

Never met a vet that had a problem either.

You must not have met any vets that are not Chiefs fans.

I know quite a few vets that are Chiefs fans that find it insulting.

What is insulting to one person is not to anohter, if you don't believe that find all of the discussions about this very topic and you will see what I mean.

I am more insulted by Clinton and his draft dodging than I am about somenone not removing their hat when the National Anthem is played.

stevieray
01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Now get off your soapbox and realize that I'm not specifically calling you out.

ironic on multiple levels.... :)

SLQ
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
ironic on multiple levels.... :)

Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

stevieray
01-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, right.

pretty much.

dj56dt58
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I really like it but wouldn't do it in another teams stadium. Only Arrowhead is the "Home of the Chiefs".
Arrowhead, St Louis, Arizona, Houston,....

If theres enough Chief fans there that yell it that everyone notices then I say we've pretty much taken over and can do what the **** we want