PDA

View Full Version : Mason Crosby

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2007, 12:06 AM
The kicker out of Colorado, what is your guys opinion of him? If he is still available in round 3 I say go for it. Get a kicker that you dont have to worry about for 10 to 15 years is a nice position to be in. Thats what I call value.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Jesus, just sign a FA. We could use that spot for a Guard, RT, CB, or a replacement for Bell.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2007, 12:21 AM
The last thing we need to be doing is blowing a pick on a kicker.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2007, 12:25 AM
The last thing we need to be doing is blowing a pick on a kicker.

If he is then BPA then his selection would be welcome with open arms

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-11-2007, 12:30 AM
If he is then BPA then his selection would be welcome with open arms

Kickers aren't players.

HerculesRockefell
01-11-2007, 12:45 AM
The kicker out of Colorado, what is your guys opinion of him? If he is still available in round 3 I say go for it. Get a kicker that you dont have to worry about for 10 to 15 years is a nice position to be in. Thats what I call value.

He won't last until the end of the 3rd.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Kickers aren't players.

tell that to Adam Vinatieri

chagrin
01-11-2007, 06:53 AM

What the hell?

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
There are several FA kickers this offseason, Josh Brown and Rian Lindell come to mind, but I think there's a few more.......(other than Tynes...)

Mecca
01-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Kickers aren't players.

Until you have one of the top 5 kickers then it's an advantage for you.....

Lindell signed an extension the other day by the way.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Until you have one of the top 5 kickers then it's an advantage for you.....

Lindell signed an extension the other day by the way.

DAMN.

He was the best out there, other than Brown.

And I wouldn't expect Brown to leave Seattle.

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I think a kicker would be a valuable pickup, we have struggled with field position bc we constantly kickoff short, which would help out our defense. We have struggled with field goals, that makes our offense better.

shrek6849
01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
This guy is the real deal. Although he played in the thin mountain air of Colorado, he also boomed kicks outside of Colorado on a regular basis.

His leg is a freakin' cannon.

suds79
01-17-2007, 08:31 PM
You know normally I'm for just signing FA kickers but Mason Crosby is amazing.

I've never seen a kicker with a bigger leg and it seems like more & more games are being decided on kickers.

Of course it depends on where he's projected but just by guessing, if he was there in the 3rd, it'd be pretty hard to pass him up.

We'd be set for the next 10 years and once we cross the 45, we're practically in his range.

htismaqe
01-18-2007, 09:31 AM
You know normally I'm for just signing FA kickers but Mason Crosby is amazing.

I've never seen a kicker with a bigger leg and it seems like more & more games are being decided on kickers.

Of course it depends on where he's projected but just by guessing, if he was there in the 3rd, it'd be pretty hard to pass him up.

We'd be set for the next 10 years and once we cross the 45, we're practically in his range.

I've seen a couple that were just as amazing as him in college. I watched every game of Nate Kaeding's career. He was AMAZING. And I was one of the people here saying he wasn't worth a high draft pick. The NFL, and the K-ball, are a world away from college kicking.

jspchief
01-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I've seen a couple that were just as amazing as him in college. I watched every game of Nate Kaeding's career. He was AMAZING. And I was one of the people here saying he wasn't worth a high draft pick. The NFL, and the K-ball, are a world away from college kicking.Ditto on that.

Kaeding was incredible in college and he's just average in the NFL. It's just not worth the risk.

Tribal Warfare
01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Ditto on that.

Kaeding was incredible in college and he's just average in the NFL. It's just not worth the risk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2733385&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

point of order, Kaeding is a pro-bowler

htismaqe
01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2733385&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

point of order, Kaeding is a pro-bowler

point of order, two times when called upon to win a playoff game, Kaeding failed

jspchief
01-18-2007, 08:14 PM

point of order, Kaeding is a pro-bowlerHe's still nothing spectacular. Certainly not worth a 2nd round pick.

WilliamTheIrish
01-18-2007, 08:56 PM
I think a kicker would be a valuable pickup, we have struggled with field position bc we constantly kickoff short, which would help out our defense. We have struggled with field goals, that makes our offense better.

We struggle with field position because our KO coverage units are slow, take bad angles and miss tackles.

Watch the preseason game threads and watch how deep Tynes kicks. Then watch through the season as the temperature becomes colder, Tynes' KO's come closer to 5, 6, 10 yard line.

I've watched Seabass Shankitbadly with his big leg, barely reach the 10 in December in Arrowhead.

It's not the kicker. It's theK ball and the weather.