PDA

View Full Version : Bluto Bonds test positive for Drugs!

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:22 AM
ROFL Bonds failed a drug test for Amphetamines- but this time is was a teammates fault not his. :rolleyes: :shake:

HOF Voters set the standard by denying Big Mac. How can they put a drug abuser in?? Will Bonds make the HOF??

Whats your 2 cents on all of this??

KurtCobain
01-11-2007, 03:23 AM
funny funny shit.

bonds is a train wreck, but he'll get in. Eventually.

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Last time it was his trainers fault-yeah the guy he turned on and let go to jail for him.

For Bonds to break Hanks record is a Disgrace. This is why baseball sucks so bad.

RedDread
01-11-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm....I'm shocked.

no really, I can't believe the MLB stood up to him and actually admitted they found roids in one of his tests.

RedDread
01-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Also that name is a disgrace to Bluto. He's never used roids.

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Also that name is a disgrace to Bluto. He's never used roids.

lol If his head gets any bigger I will have to come up with something else.

SPchief
01-11-2007, 03:33 AM
link?

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:34 AM
Yahoo Soorts.

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 03:34 AM
I mean..... my super secret inside source.

SPchief
01-11-2007, 03:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsJcDRGjB9IXlycbxSyGGMoRvLYF?slug=ap-bonds-amphetamines&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bonds failed amphetamine test
Bonds failed amphetamine test

January 11, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Barry Bonds failed a test for amphetamines last season and originally blamed it on a teammate, the Daily News reported Thursday.

When first informed of the positive test, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from teammate Mark Sweeney's locker, the New York City newspaper said, citing several unnamed sources.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I have no comment on that," Bonds' agent Jeff Borris told the Daily News on Wednesday night.

"Mark was made aware of the fact that his name had been brought up," Sweeney's agent Barry Axelrod told the Daily News. "But he did not give Barry Bonds anything, and there was nothing he could have given Barry Bonds."

Bonds, who always has maintained he never has tested positive for illegal drug use, already is under investigation for lying about steroid use.

A federal grand jury is investigating whether the 42-year-old Bonds perjured himself when he testified in 2003 in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative steroid distribution case that he never knowingly used performance-enhancing drugs. The San Francisco Giants slugger told a 2003 federal grand jury that he believed his trainer Greg Anderson had provided him flaxseed oil and arthritic balm, not steroids.

Under baseball's amphetamines policy, which went into effect last season, players are not publicly identified for a first positive test. A second positive test for amphetamines results in a 25-game suspension. The first failed steroids test costs a player 50 games.

Bonds did not appeal the positive test, according to the Daily News, which made him subject to six drug tests by MLB over the next six months.

"We're not in a position to confirm or deny, obviously," MLB spokesman Rich Levin told the Daily News.

According to the newspaper, Sweeney learned of the Bonds' positive test from Gene Orza, chief operating officer of the Major League Baseball Players Association. Orza told Sweeney, the paper said, that he should remove any troublesome substances from his locker and should not share said substances. Sweeney said there was nothing of concern in his locker, according to the Daily News' sources.

An AP message for Sweeney was not immediately returned late Wednesday.

The Giants still are working to finalize complicated language in Bonds' $16 million, one-year contract for next season -- a process that has lasted almost a month since he agreed to the deal Dec. 7 on the last day of baseball's winter meetings.

The language still being negotiated concerns the left fielder's compliance with team rules, as well as what would happen if he were to be indicted or have other legal troubles.

Borris has declined to comment on the negotiations. He didn't immediately return a message from the AP on Wednesday night.

Bonds is set to begin his 15th season with the Giants only 22 home runs shy of surpassing Hank Aaron's career record of 755.

Bonds, considered healthy again following offseason surgery on his troublesome left elbow, has spent 14 of his 21 big league seasons with San Francisco and helped the Giants draw 3 million fans in all seven seasons at their waterfront ballpark.

After missing all but 14 games in 2005 following three operations on his right knee, Bonds batted .270 with 26 homers and 77 RBIs in 367 at-bats in 2006. He passed Babe Ruth to move into second place on the career home run list May 28.

Jim Jones
01-11-2007, 04:28 AM
Buh bye HOF, buh bye HR record.

Silock
01-11-2007, 04:32 AM
If he still breaks Hank's record, I'm going to be pissed.

boogblaster
01-11-2007, 06:14 AM
He'll break it..the piece of shit....

wilas101
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
holy crap. what a douche bag. Testing positive is one thing but sh*tting on a team mate like that is really something.

I hope they throw that clown off a bridge.

Skip Towne
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
lol If his head gets any bigger I will have to come up with something else.
Phobia?

Braincase
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I hope the next time Roid Boy hits KC, Royals fans come out en masse wearing Maris jerseys and shirts with 73* on 'em.

Braincase
01-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Nice part of Bond's wikipedia entry...

"Although originally drafted by the San Francisco Giants in 1982, Bonds chose to go to college first, playing baseball at Arizona State University. In 1984 he batted .360 and stole 30 bases. In 1985 he hit 23 homers, with 66 RBIs and a .368 batting average. He was a Sporting News All-American selection that year. He graduated from Arizona State in 1986 with a degree in criminology."

Eleazar
01-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Throwing a teammate under the bus like that. :shake: This guy is just like Jose Canseco, except he waited longer to flame out.

He didn't even try to appeal the test. Guys do that even when they know they are guilty for PR purposes. What can that say but that Bonds knew it was a true positive?

Could the fact that he was then subject to 6 more tests last year have contributed to the fact that he only hit 26 home runs, and posted his lowest slugging percentage since 1991? You be the judge.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Keep in mind that the Giants NEGOTIATED a new deal with Bonds.

It hasn't been signed yet.

I hope the Giants are smart enough to take a stand, given a second chance, and pull the offer.....

Mr. Laz
01-11-2007, 11:32 AM
so does that mean his leg injury last year was basically just a cover up for a drug suspension?

Eleazar
01-11-2007, 11:36 AM
so does that mean his leg injury last year was basically just a cover up for a drug suspension?

I think the league has to publicly announce that they are suspending someone. The first positive test I think is still secret, it only becomes public after the second. I don't know how this came out, maybe as a result of all the legal trouble he is in. But I think the answer is no, if he were really suspended the league would have announced it.

BIG_DADDY
01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Keep in mind that the Giants NEGOTIATED a new deal with Bonds.

It hasn't been signed yet.

I hope the Giants are smart enough to take a stand, given a second chance, and pull the offer.....

1. Bonds will be back as a Giant next year.
2. Bonds will make the HOF.

jidar
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Speed. Well now at least he's on par with what all the baseball guys were doing back in the old days.

Easy 6
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
For as little as i follow baseball, its amazing how much i HATE that guy.

Die in a fire bonds.

POS.

Pitt Gorilla
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't like the guy, but Bonds belongs in the HOF and will get there.

Eleazar
01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
IMO a positive test for performance enhancement changes the HOF thing. Before, if I were a writer I would have voted for him eventually. Now, I don't think I would.

Maybe I would vote for him after he was no longer living, or never at all and let the veterans committee put him in if they want to.

Of course his on-field performance is not in question. I just think it's sad that people will rationalize his behavior, his use of performance enhancing drugs, the way he's treated fans and teammates and general lack of respect for the game, but Buck O'Neill didn't get in.

Buck is what the HOF should be about, not Bonds.

KC Kings
01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Who cares? Name me one pro-athlete that isn't taking a grocery list of suplements. Whether it Xience, MetRx, Power bars, Protein shakes or any other of the thousands of performance enhancing supplements out there, they ALL have an unfair advantage over the pro players of the past.

BTW, isn't ephidrine considered an illegal amphetimine by MLB's standards?

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM

If Bonds makes it they will have to put Big Mac, Sammy, and Palmeiro in there too.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I think Bonds belongs in just because he had HOF stats before any of the roids or records.

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Bonds belongs in just because he had HOF stats before any of the roids or records.

How do you know he was clean from the start??

Mecca
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
How do you know he was clean from the start??

Uh ever seen Barry Bonds from back then.........

And anyway if you don't think a guy should get in because of roids then you shouldn't think anyone should get in. None of us really know who was doing them and who wasn't.

If you think the 90's happened then you vote for the best players, if you don't think they did and were all roid induced then vote for no one. Be consistent that's my opinion.

Buck
What a little F**king Sissy, Pussy Ass Bitch.

In my opinion the fact that he ratted out a teammate is worse than the fact that he took the drugs.

Mark Sweeney is one of my favorite players too. Bonds can suck a fat cock.

[Insert Merriman Joke Here]; I think this is worse than Merriman, but thats just me.

Mecca
What a little F**king Sissy, Pussy Ass Bitch.

In my opinion the fact that he ratted out a teammate is worse than the fact that he took the drugs.

Mark Sweeney is one of my favorite players too. Bonds can suck a fat cock.

[Insert Merriman Joke Here]; I think this is worse than Merriman, but thats just me.

You like guys who play 20 games a year?

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Pete Rose his ass, now!!!

Pitt Gorilla
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
How do you know he was clean from the start??How do you know anyone was clean from the start? What is "clean?"

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Roger Clemmon's name is getting thrown out there now.

Halfcan
01-11-2007, 02:20 PM
The "Roid Rocket" ????

Brock
01-12-2007, 11:30 AM

How can you back a rat like that?