PDA

View Full Version : Herman Edwards Should Fire Himself

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Herman started off the day by firing Terry Shea and should finish it by posting his resignation. Why did we bring this guy into the Chiefs Family when he was so pitful in NY. He has a track record for making stupid decisions and continues to do so...the Hunt Family should be ashamed of the fact that he is representing the Chiefs.

Terry Shea brought Huard off the bench after sitting for 10 years and made him look like an All-Pro. He helped Green get to two Pro-Bowls. With the first major decisions under the new Hunt Regime, the Hunt Family should be ashamed of what they have allowed this program to become.

Archie Bunker
01-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm just stunned there is a Terry Shea Fan Club.

StcChief
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Somebody had to be scapegoat. good luck Shea. you could go fix Da Bears again.

CosmicPal
01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm just stunned there is a Terry Shea Fan Club.

Me too.

Is there an annual membership fee to join?

Simplex3
01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Just wait. Shea and Huard will go and fix the Bear's O.

J Diddy
01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
it's terry shea himself

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
it's terry shea himself

haha, it actually isnt but that would be funny. btw WarPaint illustrated respects shea. Hopefully everything works out for him. he is a solid coach just got some raw deals. nfl= no fun league

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
.....Out of curiosity if you fire him....who you gonna hire?

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Obviously Herm hasn't gotten past his NY Jets experience...He throws stones at Vermeil, Romeo, and Parcells.

I started this fan club after he brought Huard back from the dead.

For anyone who cares, Shea was the Old Big East Coach of the Year in 1998, he was the National Coach of the Year Twice, and as the OC for the Bears he had a top 10 NFL offense while Grossman was healthy.

For all those who choose to rationalize Edwards decision, don't cause you sound like a bigger fool than Edwards is...Peterson and the Hunt Family must be sitting there regretting the day he stepped into Arrowhead.

Phobia
01-11-2007, 01:26 PM
haha, it actually isnt but that would be funny. btw WarPaint illustrated respects shea. Hopefully everything works out for him. he is a solid coach just got some raw deals. nfl= no fun leagueThey should have put Terry Shea on their cover. Who is on the cover this month?

PastorMikH
01-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I thought Shea was doing a decent job with the QBs. I wonder why Herm didn't fire the new OL coach first.

Perhaps Shea was speaking out about stuff pertaining to his QBs and Herm didn't like it.

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Who would I hire...there are plenty of coaches out there I would hire...let's start with Norm Chow...

Bob Dole
01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Just wait. Shea and Huard will go and fix the Bear's O.

Washington Redskins.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Who would I hire...there are plenty of coaches out there I would hire...let's start with Norm Chow...

Now I'm a USC guy and all but you do understand if you do that people are going to go apeshit that you hired a coach that's never been a head coach in the NFL or College right....

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone who takes cheap shots at Dick Vermeil should never step foot on an NFL field. Herman Edwards proved once again that he is not only a poor leader but a person of low character. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Edwards is taking all of these cheap shots. We need a head coach who leads, not one that bashes some of the great coaches around the league...The shots at Marty, Parcells and Vermeil make me hate Edwards

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Taking shots at Vermiel doesn't bother me......he didn't accomplish anything here either.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone who takes cheap shots at Dick Vermeil should never step foot on an NFL field. Herman Edwards proved once again that he is not only a poor leader but a person of low character. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Edwards is taking all of these cheap shots. We need a head coach who leads, not one that bashes some of the great coaches around the league...The shots at Marty, Parcells and Vermeil make me hate Edwards

I find it a little odd that Herm is taking cheap shots at Vermeil. I thought they were supposed to be friends. He has been taking shots at him all year, though.

FringeNC
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM

Chow is the anti-Herm. Supposedly, he doesn't get jobs because he isn't a "rah-rah" guy. That's all Herm can do.

terrysheafanclub
01-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Does no one else see that the wheels are falling off? Following that press conference the Hunt Family and Peterson should be ashamed.

As for who I would replace Edwards with...Chow proves year in and year out to be extremely talented. I hire talent not experience...

Archie Bunker
01-11-2007, 01:37 PM

ROFL

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Atleast Herm wants to get younger instead of getting a bunch of 30 years old.....that's one thing he has over Vermiel.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2007, 01:42 PM

You're an asshat. I posted this in the other thread as well.

From 1964 to 1967, he was the starting quarterback at Oregon. From 1968 to 1969, he was a graduate assistant coach at Oregon. From 1970 to 1975, he coached at Mount Hood Community College. From 1976 to 1983, he coached at Utah State. From 1984 to 1986, he was the offensive coordinator at San Jose State. From 1987 to 1989, he was the Offesnsive Coordinator at Cal.

From 1990 to 1991, he was the head football coach at San Jose State, where he compiled a 15-6-2 record. From 1992 to 1994, he coached at Stanford, and in 1995, he coached the British Columbia Lions. From 1996 to 2000, he was the head football coach at Rutgers. At Rutgers, he compiled an 11-44 record

In addition, he was fired after ONE YEAR in Chicago as the offensive coordinator. Last in the league in yards, last in the league in points. If Lovie thought this was all due to Grossman's injuries, he would have kept him.

He freakin' blows.

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I thought Shea was doing a decent job with the QBs. I wonder why Herm didn't fire the new OL coach first.

Perhaps Shea was speaking out about stuff pertaining to his QBs and Herm didn't like it.

I am guessing the Chiefs office is terrible place to work now, with this kind of attitude Herm is displaying. I would say this is a vast departure from the previous atmosphere.

How does he keep putting other successful coaches down, without totally alienating everyone but Dungy? I thought all the NFL coaches kind of had a mutual respect fraternity.

Cowher ran the score up on him and was smiling, maybe this is why.

Chiefnj
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Has there been any confirmation anywhere about Shea being fired??

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I find it a little odd that Herm is taking cheap shots at Vermeil. I thought they were supposed to be friends. He has been taking shots at him all year, though.

I think it is because, even Herm, is not too stupid to figure out he can not hold a candle to Vermeil.

This is starting to smell like 1999-2000 all over again.

Redrum_69
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM

yeah he signed with the Raiders

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
You're an asshat. I posted this in the other thread as well.

From 1964 to 1967, he was the starting quarterback at Oregon. From 1968 to 1969, he was a graduate assistant coach at Oregon. From 1970 to 1975, he coached at Mount Hood Community College. From 1976 to 1983, he coached at Utah State. From 1984 to 1986, he was the offensive coordinator at San Jose State. From 1987 to 1989, he was the Offesnsive Coordinator at Cal.

From 1990 to 1991, he was the head football coach at San Jose State, where he compiled a 15-6-2 record. From 1992 to 1994, he coached at Stanford, and in 1995, he coached the British Columbia Lions. From 1996 to 2000, he was the head football coach at Rutgers. At Rutgers, he compiled an 11-44 record

In addition, he was fired after ONE YEAR in Chicago as the offensive coordinator. Last in the league in yards, last in the league in points. If Lovie thought this was all due to Grossman's injuries, he would have kept him.

He freakin' blows.

why dont you BOLD the 15-6-2 record! Plus the big east had va tech, bc, and miami in it rather than cincy, louisville, and south fla. Every coach struggles somewhere along the road so you have no argument.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM

Nope. I'm 27:00 into the PC and the only dismissals mentioned were "in the weight room."

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I think it is because, even Herm, is not too stupid to figure out he can not hold a candle to Vermeil.

This is starting to smell like 1999-2000 all over again.

He's already accomplished exactly the same thing Vermiel did here.

aircoryell77
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Nope. I'm 27:00 into the PC and the only dismissals mentioned were "in the weight room."

well, its the truth. i know for a fact and that is all that matters. just call up whitlock I'm sure he knows.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
well, its the truth. i know for a fact and that is all that matters. just call up whitlock I'm sure he knows.

That's fine.

Then prove it with a link or a clip......

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
He's already accomplished exactly the same thing Vermiel did here.

Oh no, no he hasn't. Vermeil inherited a team full of dead cap and totally in disarray. The team was a true embarrassment, worse than last Saturdays mess.

Edwards inherited a 10-6 team that had a terrific offense in place and a lot of draft talent in the system to be developed.

If you are so simple as to narrow it down to each having one playoff appearence, you are not seeing the whole picture.

I am amazed that Edwards is turning this team into exactly what Gunther had going on, so quickly.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh no, no he hasn't. Vermeil inherited a team full of dead cap and totally in disarray. The team was a true embarrassment, worse than last Saturdays mess.

Edwards inherited a 10-6 team that had a terrific offense in place and a lot of draft talent in the system to be developed.

If you are so simple as to narrow it down to each having one playoff appearence, you are not seeing the whole picture.

I am amazed that Edwards is turning this team into exactly what Gunther had going on, so quickly.

And Vermiel also had an extreme loyalty to veterans the Chiefs are one of the oldest teams in the league.

I find it funny that people act like Vermiel is this saint who did this great job......he accomplished and won shit here, other than some pretty records. To me he was a failure as Chiefs coach.

Archie Bunker
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
And Vermiel also had an extreme loyalty to veterans the Chiefs are one of the oldest teams in the league.

I find it funny that people act like Vermiel is this saint who did this great job......he accomplished and won shit here, other than some pretty records. To me he was a failure as Chiefs coach.

Yep

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM

You have a lot of company on this board, I will give you that. I can not argue that Dick was loyal to Veterans, probably to much so.
Personally, I prefer experience over raw talent, but there has to be a mix.
Dick built a team I was proud of, so far Herm has failed at convincing me he will do that, but I hope I am wrong.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM

He had two "pretty records" in 5 years.

Otherwise, 6-10, 7-9 and 8-8.

Mecca
You have a lot of company on this board, I will give you that. I can not argue that Dick was loyal to Veterans, probably to much so.
Dick built a team I was proud of, so far Herm has failed at convincing me he will do that, but I hope I am wrong.

You were proud of a defense that was so bad it set records for being bad? Then they went out and kept guys like Hicks, Woods, Wesley, Bartee.....because Dick wanted to keep them....

I find that embarassing.

OnTheWarpath15
Dick built an offense I was proud of, so far Herm has failed at convincing me he will do that, but I hope I am wrong.

FYP.

Stinger
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Really????

5 years 1 playoff appearence - DV

1 year and 1 playoff appearence - HE

What exactly am I missing here? Oh and durring Vermil's tenure on the defensive side of the ball was who's fault?

Archie Bunker
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Herm was given a crappy D and an aging offense. Plus there is no depth on this team because of all that "draft talent" DV brought in.

In reality this team had no business even being 9-7 this year if you look at the talent level.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Herm was given a crappy D and an aging offense. Plus there is no depth on this team because of all that "draft talent" DV brought in.

In reality this team had no business even being 9-7 this year if you look at the talent level.

Just like last year's team had no business being 10-6.

Carlota69
01-11-2007, 02:24 PM
What did Herm say that was disrespectful to other coaches? I keep having problems listening to it on the Chiefs site.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2007, 02:25 PM
What did Herm say that was disrespectful to other coaches? I keep having problems listening to it on the Chiefs site.

Nothing.

Someone just wanted to start a riot, I guess......

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Really????

5 years 1 playoff appearence - DV

1 year and 1 playoff appearence - HE

What exactly am I missing here? ?You might want to go back and re-read my post, I explained my feelings on that. Did you miss it?

Oh and durring Vermil's tenure on the defensive side of the ball was who's fault?

He built the offense with veterans, and most of the draft choices during his tenure were on defense.
Was it his fault that it was a swing and a miss on Sims, Siavii, Freeman etc.
Do you even remember how DV felt about the Sims holdout and the contract problems?
Do you remember that DV wanted a defensive player selected when the Chiefs took LJ?
To say he was not trying to get a defense is flawed. Was it DVs idea to retain Woods, Wesley and Bartee?

HonestChieffan
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
a week ago you couldnt find Terry on this board.

a week from now we still wont

FAX
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM

There was some question regarding expectations and, basically, Herm was trying to make the point that, since playoff appearances have been lacking, the Chiefs have not been a good team in the past and used the Browns as an example of a similar team.

Also, when asked about the offense's decline, he used the old "have you been to any playoffs?" attack to deflect the question. Not mentioning, of course, that the defense was the problem in recent years. This being interpreted as a shot at DV.

That was what I remember at any rate, Ms. Carlota69. I got the impression Herm was trying to shoot a hole in the question's premise and the whole ammo box went off.

FAX

htismaqe
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
You might want to go back and re-read my post, I explained my feelings on that. Did you miss it?

He built the offense with veterans, and most of the draft choices during his tenure were on defense.
Was it his fault that it was a swing and a miss on Sims, Siavii, Freeman etc.
Do you even remember how DV felt about the Sims holdout and the contract problems?
Do you remember that DV wanted a defensive player selected when the Chiefs took LJ?
To say he was not trying to get a defense is flawed. Was it DVs idea to retain Woods, Wesley and Bartee?

Herm not only wanted to retain Woods and Bartee, he tried to make Bartee a STARTER.

HemiEd
01-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Herm not only wanted to retain Woods and Bartee, he tried to make Bartee a STARTER.

He hasn't canned Hicks yet either. Isn't Bartee on IR to return next year?

htismaqe
01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
That was sarcasm.

Everybody is so intent on comparing Herm to Vermeil

VERMEIL is the one who wanted to keep Woods and Bartee.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2007, 03:28 PM

HERM???

Hammock Parties
01-11-2007, 03:29 PM
That was sarcasm.

Everybody is so intent on comparing Herm to Vermeil

VERMEIL is the one who wanted to keep Woods and Bartee.

Ah. Thankyou. ROFL

BigRedChief
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
DR. Z's colum from SI:

You want to play not to lose? Fine, just don't do it in the playoffs. Two teams, the Chiefs and Cowboys, crafted their attack that way and ... uh, lost. They'll have an entire offseason to think about establishing their offenses for next season. Following are my summaries of last weekend's wild-card action, plus a look ahead to the divisionals:
Chiefs at Colts

WHAT I SAW -- K.C. was up at bat first. The Colts crowded eight into the box. Their defense had been fortified by the use of a middle linebacker, Rob Morris, playing outside, to give it more muscle. The eighth man they brought up was not a safety, as is usually the case, but a cornerback. They had him pinching hard to the inside. Hell, everybody was pinching. Call the vice squad. If Larry Johnson was going to run inside, somebody'd better use dynamite to make a hole.
The Chiefs, who believe in sticking to their philosophy, no matter what the opponents show, ran Johnson into the heart of that defense, that pinching menagerie. No gain. Then they tried it again. Two yards. Then they threw a five yard hook to Eddie Kennison, which was dropped. They had established their offense.
Tony Gonzalez was used as a blocker, which you'd do, too, if you had a pair of offensive tackles such as the Chiefs' pair. Then they decided that maybe Tony ought to catch a pass or two. That left Dwight Freeney singled up on LT Jordan Black, who is one of those linemen I abbreviate to WGSK, standing for "Will get someone killed." Mothers shielded their children's eyes. The result was a quick sack and a fumble.
Trent Green completed two of eight in the first half, a four-yard hitch to Gonzalez and a minus-two to Johnson. The quarterback's game had gone south sometime in the last month or so, and he looked finished, kaput. The KC defense was performing nobly, intercepting Peyton Manning twice in the half, stopping the Colts on the one-yard line. At 9-0 the game was not yet out of reach, and at halftime Herman Edwards was asked if he were going to bring in Damon Huard for Green.
He regarded this as an insult. No, he said, we're sticking with Trent all the way. In the background I could hear the ship's crew singing Nearer My God to Thee, as the Titanic sank beneath the waves. Goodbye, Chiefs. Nice knowing ya.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM

Bingo!

Fish
01-11-2007, 03:35 PM
LT Jordan Black, who is one of those linemen I abbreviate to WGSK, standing for "Will get someone killed." Mothers shielded their children's eyes. The result was a quick sack and a fumble.

ROFL

That's straight awesomeness......

Calcountry
01-11-2007, 07:42 PM

I find it funny that people act like Vermiel is this saint who did this great job......he accomplished and won shit here, other than some pretty records. To me he was a failure as Chiefs coach.Vermiel was the "If only" coach. If only we had just a teensie weensie better defense, we would be able to turn the corner.

So get rid of GROB, then not let the new DC hire any new coaches or change any of the old personnel. BRILLIANT!

FAX
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Vermiel was the "If only" coach. If only we had just a teensie weensie better defense, we would be able to turn the corner.

So get rid of GROB, then not let the new DC hire any new coaches or change any of the old personnel. BRILLIANT!

Serious question, Mr. bunnytrdr.

Gunther The Great was allowed to bring in his own coaches this year, correct?

Or, did Herm help him make these decisions?

FAX

Reerun_KC
01-11-2007, 07:58 PM
After the disaster that Herm had in NYJ.. why in Gods name would any GM with half a ****ing clue hire some asshat like Herm anyway? Absolutely the most pathetic thing that could ever happen to the City of KC, Well other than a nuclear holocaust....

BigRock
01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
After the disaster that Herm had in NYJ..
LMAO

This board needs a nuclear holocaust.