Hal McRae
01-11-2007, 05:21 PM
This is a pretty good list of top free agents:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/freeagent.cfm

The lack of talent at offensive tackle, however, is scary :shake:

FAX
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks for posting, Mr. Hal McRae.

My advisors have indicated that drafting tackles isn't the best way to go. I don't know if they're right or not, but that's what they say. Additionally, we can expect a lot of these guys to be resigned by their respective teams, correct?

Why are tackles so darn difficult to come by? Maybe Svitek (sp?) will come along? God, we're screwed.

FAX

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Top 10RankName
1.Leonard Davis - Arizona
2.Damion MacIntosh - Miami
3.Marc Columbo - Dallas
4.Tony Pashos - Baltimore
5.William Thomas - Philadelphia
6.Jordan Black - Kansas City
7.Ephraim Salaam - Houston
8.Mike Gandy - Buffalo
9.Scott Kooistra - Cincinnati
10.Chad Slaughter - Oakland

I can't say I like the looks of this list.

listopencil
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I thought Tony Gonzales signed with you guys already?

boogblaster
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
You never know..sometimes a change changes everything..

FAX
That's a pretty ugly list all right, Mr. crazycoffey.

Actually, it doesn't really look like a list at all. I think that's what Mr. Baby Lee would call a glom.

FAX

Easy 6
The only way we come up with a new starting LT is either move up in the draft(even then its a gamble) or work out a real Wiz-Bang trade.

I'm still intrigued by the idea brought up last night of giving Terry a look there and bringing in Davis from Az for RT.

"Hoping" that Svitek amounts to anything does not inspire my confidence at all.

And we all know the deal with Black.

ferrarispider95
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Drew Bennett

Baby Lee
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Sammie Parker?
Terrell Sands?
Jon Stincomb?

Very Professional.

crazycoffey
01-11-2007, 05:32 PM
That's a pretty ugly list all right, Mr. crazycoffey.

Actually, it doesn't really look like a list at all. I think that's what Mr. Baby Lee would call a glom.

FAX

Yeah, I fixed it. It was like a photo in the reply, but when it posted, I don't know what happened to it.

My computer has been stealling my narcotics again

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Drew Bennett

Agreed.

Also, concerning the tackles list, if Jordan Black is ranked #6 that means there is NO talent on there at all.

Hal McRae
Thanks for posting, Mr. Hal McRae.

My advisors have indicated that drafting tackles isn't the best way to go. I don't know if they're right or not, but that's what they say. Additionally, we can expect a lot of these guys to be resigned by their respective teams, correct?

Why are tackles so darn difficult to come by? Maybe Svitek (sp?) will come along? God, we're screwed.

FAX

Thanks Fax, I don't post much, but when I get the time I like too....

Good question. Really just 2 ways to get quality tackles: Use high picks on them, or sign big name free agents.

Chiefs haven't really used a Day 1 pick at the spot in this decade:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/KC

That, plus letting Tait go, is tough....

I linked the Draftdaddy list because they actually did a nice job attempting to rank the players -- which is always subjective.

Here is the full offensive tackle list, via the Redzone.....unfortunately, it looks like draftdaddy didn't "miss anyone" in the unrestricted group .....the group stinks :harumph:

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=OT

Basileus777
This is a pretty good free agent year for Guards. Steinbach, Dielman, and Dockery are all good.

This free agent class is overall pretty weak though.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Ooh! Vonnie Holliday is the #2 DT!

Let's do it, Carl!

Easy 6
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Drew Bennett

Just my 2 cents, but i would think Kevin Curtis has more upside, younger & WAY faster.

FAX
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
... Good question. Really just 2 ways to get quality tackles: Use high picks on them, or sign big name free agents....

More great links, thanks. Problem is, our entire line is pretty shaky at this juncture, Mr. Hal McRae. It wasn't built for smashmouth and age is, as has been discussed to death, an issue as well.

I'd love for someone to tell me how in the hell we're going to build a line that can generate any offense at all next year, because I just don't see it.

FAX

Basileus777
01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
More great links, thanks. Problem is, our entire line is pretty shaky at this juncture, Mr. Hal McRae. It wasn't built for smashmouth and age is, as has been discussed to death, an issue as well.

I'd love for someone to tell me how in the hell we're going to build a line that can generate any offense at all next year, because I just don't see it.

FAX

As long as Colquitt has enough time to punt our offense will be fine. At least thats what Herm tells me.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
This is a pretty good list of top free agents:

Didn't the Chiefs almost trade for Leonard Davis during the season?

Frankie
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Sammie Parker?
Terrell Sands?
Jon Stincomb?

Very Professional.
It's "Terdel" to you, sir.

ROYC75
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
The only way we come up with a new starting LT is either move up in the draft(even then its a gamble) or work out a real Wiz-Bang trade.

I'm still intrigued by the idea brought up last night of giving Terry a look there and bringing in Davis from Az for RT.

Davis is turning into a solid LT for AZ, finally after his contract is up, the norm. He just might continue to get better, maybe Soloari can do somethings with him ?

Mecca
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Davis is better suited as a guard just because of how big he is.....

The FA crop is bad as I've pointed out.....if they really understand alot needs to be changed we're just going to have to bite the bullet for another year.

ROYC75
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Didn't the Chiefs almost trade for Leonard Davis during the season?

I wished they had of .......... we can probally get him thru FA, BTA, so can any other team.

Mecca
01-11-2007, 05:57 PM
If the Chiefs sign him and put him at tackle I can't wait to hear the posts......he's overly large and slow footed. He gets abused by anyone with a speed move.

ROYC75
01-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, we know moving up in the draft to Joe Thomas is out of the question........ we gotta do something, what we have now sucks, it sucks I tell ya .

Mecca
01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Like I said...this team is far from winning the Bowl, it would be better to just bite the bullet for another year instead of overpaying or reaching in the draft.

Frankie
01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
No FBs?

FAX
01-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Shields will retire, I think. Our tackles are crap unless one of the young guys steps up. Casey is too small for Herm's scheme.

It really looks like we need 3 if not 4 linemen in a bad way. And, as Mr. Mecca has pointed out that he has pointed out, you have to build an offense around the line. And, even if we find them, continuity and consistency in the line is very important. It will take them time to develop cohesion.

Gentlemen, I fear we are sorely f*cked.

FAX

Mecca
01-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I think we need to take into account we have a hell of alot more holes than just Oline......We basically have to come away with atleast 3 starters from this draft, probably 4. Regardless of what position it is.

Hal McRae
01-11-2007, 06:10 PM
No FBs?

I was wondering about that, too

I checked the list from Redzone and they have 1 list for backs -- tail and fullback

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=RB

From the Draftdaddy list:

Justin Griffith: Very good, all-around fullback. He could command attention in the open market -- at least as much as a fullback can.

Heath Evans: Very underrated....actually drafted as a halfback by the Seahawks...he's bounced around, but has done well with the Patriots.

Mike Alstott: I know he had a good season for the Bucs, but considering his age and mileage as a runner, I wouldn't have added him to the list (like draft daddy did) -- he'll never play for anyteam except Tampa, I'd guess.

Amnorix
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Freeney?! Now that one is interesting.

Pats should open their wallets for The Bears LB, Briggs. He'd be great for us. Freeney I'm not so sure is as good at setting the edge.

Easy 6
01-11-2007, 06:24 PM
No FBs?

No offense intended at all Frankie, but are you REALLY worried about the FB position??? seems the least of our worries especially in light of the surprisingly solid showing from Bigfoot.

I say fullback schmulback :p

Mecca
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Pats should open their wallets for The Bears LB, Briggs. He'd be great for us. Freeney I'm not so sure is as good at setting the edge.

I'll be surprised if either of those guys ever hit the market.........Urlacher has offered to restructure so they can keep Briggs.

Basileus777
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I'll be surprised if either of those guys ever hit the market.........Urlacher has offered to restructure so they can keep Briggs.

They'd probably franchise Briggs even if they don't get a contract done.

Simplex3
01-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Note to the jackasses at draftdaddy.com:

Just because some team started them doesn't mean they're going to be desired by other teams. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is looking at I65 or Stonehands in this off season as guys to acquire unless the INS deports their current cleaning crew.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-11-2007, 06:53 PM
ROFL

Keep dreaming Chiefs fans. The chances of us getting ANY of the top FAs are slim to none...

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
If the Chiefs sign him and put him at tackle I can't wait to hear the posts......he's overly large and slow footed. He gets abused by anyone with a speed move.

He only gave up 8 sacks this year according to the stats that GoChiefs put on here the other day which is about the same as Willie Roaf and Orlando Pace amazlinly.

Hal McRae
01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
They'd probably franchise Briggs even if they don't get a contract done.

Good point, which needs to be noted: The better players will be franchised or have the transition tag slapped on them....

Speaking of Briggs, I found this article I read last week that stated the 49ers wanted to lure Briggs bake to the Bay area....

Unfortunately it also says the 49ers will TRY to go after Jared Allen rochambeau

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/05/SPGT6NDE1R1.DTL

Zouk
01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Let's try Steinbach at left tackle.

It'll be an expensive experiment - but we're desperate.

ROYC75
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Let's try Steinbach at left tackle.

It'll be an expensive experiment - but we're desperate.

I don't think that would work....... we done tried Black there. BTA, Black sucks at tackle position.

Hal McRae
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't think that would work....... we done tried Black there. BTA, Black sucks at tackle position.

Don't disagree in total Royc75. Going from guard to right tackle is tough....Going from guard to left is almost impossible. But Steinbach is definitely a better athlete than Jordan Black. The Bengals were totally shocked that he made it to round 2 -- he was the 1st or 2nd pick in round 2, when he was drafted.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it would not be surprising if a desperate team tried it.

Chiefs could also look into making a trade for tackle help, although trades for quality NFL players are uncommon...

JohninGpt
01-11-2007, 07:24 PM
ROFL

Keep dreaming Chiefs fans. The chances of us getting ANY of the top FAs are slim to none...
Unfortunately, that may include the top TE.

JBucc
01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I didn't even know Stallworth was a FA. Him Curtis or Bennett would be worth a look.

DaKCMan AP
01-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I didn't even know Stallworth was a FA. Him Curtis or Bennett would be worth a look.

I'd prefer Stallworth or Curtis over Bennett. But, any of them could/would be an upgrade.

Frankie
01-12-2007, 09:41 AM
No offense intended at all Frankie, but are you REALLY worried about the FB position??? seems the least of our worries especially in light of the surprisingly solid showing from Bigfoot.

I say fullback schmulback :p
actually when I say FB offense IS intended. As in run blocking and pass protection which were sadly rare this year.

Easy 6
01-12-2007, 09:48 AM
actually when I say FB offense IS intended. As in run blocking and pass protection which were sadly rare this year.

I watched Wilson wiff on a few blocks, but overall i thought he did a fine job. If he continues to improve his blocking i think he could be the coolest FB/H-Back in the league. The only other guy in the NFL with his mix of skills is Cooley.

Theres plenty of blocking blame to spread around, it was his first year in the position. The others cant say the same.

I tell you what, keep this up & i'm gonna tell HemiEd on you.

Frankie
01-12-2007, 09:54 AM
OH NO!!!... NOT THAT!!.... ANYTHING BUT THAT!!

Baby Lee
01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
It's "Terdel" to you, sir.
Actually, it's Terdell.

And it's Samie Parker, and Jon Stinchcomb. And that's just what popped out on first glance.

Warrior5
01-12-2007, 10:13 AM
...Unfortunately it also says the 49ers will TRY to go after Jared Allen...

If Carl fails to re-sign Allen (even with his impending game suspension), I'll withdraw my kudos for the Gonzo extension.

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately it also says the 49ers will TRY to go after Jared Allen rochambeau

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/05/SPGT6NDE1R1.DTL

Jared is a RFA and I'm confident we'll give him the highest tended offer. Meaning, if another team wants him we get a 1st & 3rd in return.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Just say no to free agents, especially offensive and defensive tackles.

Rule #1: If they're ANY GOOD, they WON'T BE AVAILABLE.

Chiefnj
01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Stallworth.
Steinbach.

And I'd even consider Damion McIntosh for RT and Boss Bailey for OLB.

Skyy God
01-12-2007, 10:42 AM

The Colvin signing shows there's some precedent for the Pats signing Bears LBs.

The one guy I'd like the Chiefs to bring in is Rod Coleman. Other than Briggs, he's probably the highest impact defender in free agency.

Oh, and McPasson is rated #8. Hilarious.

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately, that may include the top TE.

If only you would have waited one more day to log on and make this post......

Hindsight, it is 20/20

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Ooh! Vonnie Holliday is the #2 DT!

Let's do it, Carl!

:banghead: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:cuss:

noa
01-12-2007, 10:51 AM

I know. Of the teams left in the playoffs, only two had significant offseason signings that helped them get where they are -- the Ravens with McNair and the Saints with Brees. Other than that, these playoff teams were all built through the draft.

Chiefnj
01-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I know. Of the teams left in the playoffs, only two had significant offseason signings that helped them get where they are -- the Ravens with McNair and the Saints with Brees. Other than that, these playoff teams were all built through the draft.

On the Saints 6 starters were free agent pickups: Brees, Horn, Copper (now starting for Horn), Fiane, Nesbit and Campbell the TE.

On defense: Young (DT), Hollis (DT), all 3 LB's -Simonou, Shanle and Fujita (LB's), McKenzie and Bullocks in the secondary.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 11:05 AM

And you have to look at why those guys left their respective teams - very talented HIGH DRAFT PICKS were in line behind them.

Now look at that list of free agents and how many of them are in that same position?

Chris Meck
01-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not crazy about any of 'em.

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2007, 11:23 AM

For the most part that is true, but sometimes a player needs a change to become a better player. I think Leonard Davis could be a good tackle for us, and especially in the type of offense we are starting to have.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
On the Saints 6 starters were free agent pickups: Brees, Horn, Copper (now starting for Horn), Fiane, Nesbit and Campbell the TE.

On defense: Young (DT), Hollis (DT), all 3 LB's -Simonou, Shanle and Fujita (LB's), McKenzie and Bullocks in the secondary.

How many of those guys were high dollar free agents? Take Fujita for example, he was probably the 5th or 6th-best OLB out there. Would you take KAWIKA MITCHELL?

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 11:27 AM
For the most part that is true, but sometimes a player needs a change to become a better player. I think Leonard Davis could be a good tackle for us, and especially in the type of offense we are starting to have.

Leonard Davis is precisely the type of player we should avoid at all costs. He survives in the league on his size alone. He lacks technique, he lacks footwork, he lacks work ethic, he basically lacks everything but size.

noa
01-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Leonard Davis is precisely the type of player we should avoid at all costs. He survives in the league on his size alone. He lacks technique, he lacks footwork, he lacks work ethic, he basically lacks everything but size.

Are you saying Ryan Sims has a twin brother?

Hal McRae
01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd prefer Stallworth or Curtis over Bennett. But, any of them could/would be an upgrade.

I think Curtis could be a hot property, just because he's lightning fast and has potential....He'll probably follow Mike Martz wherever he is, however.

Stallworth being a free agent is a mild surprise. The Eagles claim they won't throw huge money at him due to his history of injuries...we'll see.

I think Bennett could be real hot too -- particularly with the California teams. When he had a QB (Billy Volek) that would throw downfield, he was a 1,200 yard receiver in 2004...

In 2005 McNair came back and he was just a short to medium range type, mostly...plus, Bennett missed time with injuries in 2005.

Last season Tennessee had no QB until Young took over...and, even then, he couldn't rack up huge yards, as Young did a lot of running and didn't throw for big yardage.

I'd take Curtis or Stallworth, too, in this group.

By the way, just say no to Ashlie Lelie....I know he's a "big name" player, but he's been a wild underachiever most of his career :shake:

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I say no to free agent WRs, reason is the draft is full of them.

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I think Curtis could be a hot property, just because he's lightning fast and has potential....He'll probably follow Mike Martz wherever he is, however.

Stallworth being a free agent is a mild surprise. The Eagles claim they won't throw huge money at him due to his history of injuries...we'll see.

I think Bennett could be real hot too -- particularly with the California teams. When he had a QB (Billy Volek) that would throw downfield, he was a 1,200 yard receiver in 2004...

In 2005 McNair came back and he was just a short to medium range type, mostly...plus, Bennett missed time with injuries in 2005.

Last season Tennessee had no QB until Young took over...and, even then, he couldn't rack up huge yards, as Young did a lot of running and didn't throw for big yardage.

I'd take Curtis or Stallworth, too, in this group.

By the way, just say no to Ashlie Lelie....I know he's a "big name" player, but he's been a wild underachiever most of his career :shake:

I'm sure the Eagles liked what they saw in their big rookie, so that gives them some wiggle room with Stallworth...

RedThat
01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Im not big on FA this year.

but I think we could use a WR. Bennett or Curtis would be solid WR's.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Top 10RankName
1.Leonard Davis - Arizona
2.Damion MacIntosh - Miami
3.Marc Columbo - Dallas
4.Tony Pashos - Baltimore
5.William Thomas - Philadelphia
6.Jordan Black - Kansas City
7.Ephraim Salaam - Houston
8.Mike Gandy - Buffalo
9.Scott Kooistra - Cincinnati
10.Chad Slaughter - Oakland

I can't say I like the looks of this list.

7 through 10 must really suck. I remember Columbo being a 1st rounder for the Bears, he was always injured.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I

ROFL I don't have to defend Kris Wilson anymore, he bailed himself out. He dropped one catchable pass this season, however it was a critical one.

Mecca
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
If Boss Bailey was cheap I'd give him a look........

CoMoChief
01-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Boss Bailey sucks, never lived up to his hype.

Mecca
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Boss Bailey sucks, never lived up to his hype.

That being the point......he's cheap and he's fast.....I doubt he could be any worse than someone like Keyaron Fox. We need to look at players that can be good special teams guys also.....

htismaqe
01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
That being the point......he's cheap and he's fast.....I doubt he could be any worse than someone like Keyaron Fox. We need to look at players that can be good special teams guys also.....

Keyaron Fox is already a good special teams player.

Mecca
01-12-2007, 03:50 PM

I just don't think we're fast enough as a team.....anyone that runs like Bailey at his position is going to get a look from me even if it's as a backup.

Rausch
01-12-2007, 03:53 PM

DT outright sucks balls...

Rausch
01-12-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm a fan myself. I thought he's been pretty good for us, considering...

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2007, 05:05 PM

This could possibly be a good year to move back a few spots (if possible) and draft a low first round or high second round LT. San Diego got a good one last year in the second and there's quite a history of good LT's in the second round.

It's probably way too early to speculate. Hopefully we'll have a better idea after the combines.

Frankie
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I here he buys day-old bread. He must be cheap.

Frankie
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Maybe Gun can make a good LB out of him. Detroit sure couldn't. But that's Detroit.

Frankie
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
This could possibly be a good year to move back a few spots (if possible) and draft a low first round or high second round.
Yeah, I'm sure there's another Junior Siavii out there for us to take high in the 2nd!

KCJohnny
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Wes Welker of the Fins (RFA) and Drew Bennett of the Titans (UFA) definitely pique my interest at WR. Welker is 10x as dangerous as Dante, is tougher, has better hands, is probably faster, returns kicks, is a tremendous slot receiver. I'd go after him right away. Bennett was awesome as a rookie, I haven't heard much from him since, but he's as good as EK and much younger.

KCJohnny
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM

If that is true (I'm certainly no judge of OLT talent) about LD, then I think Carl has no choice but to go after the best OLT on the board for our #1 pick.

FAX
01-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Wes Welker of the Fins (RFA) and Drew Bennett of the Titans (UFA) definitely pique my interest at WR. Welker is 10x as dangerous as Dante, is tougher, has better hands, is probably faster, returns kicks, is a tremendous slot receiver. I'd go after him right away. Bennett was awesome as a rookie, I haven't heard much from him since, but he's as good as EK and much younger.

Spot on about Drew, Mr. KCJohnny. He's a playmaker. Good possession receiver. I can't imagine the Tacks letting him go, but if they do and we could pick him up, he improves our receiving corp by a factor of 500. I'd play him either out of the slot or opposite of EK, frankly.

I'd love to see him in a Chiefs uniform.

FAX

Frankie
01-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Spot on about Drew, Mr. KCJohnny. He's a playmaker. Good possession receiver. I can't imagine the Tacks letting him go, but if they do and we could pick him up, he improves our receiving corp by a factor of 500. I'd play him either out of the slot or opposite of EK, frankly.

I'd love to see him in a Chiefs uniform.

FAX
Maybe the Dolphins coaching confusion will allow him to slip. We can hope. Can't we?

Hal McRae
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM

I like Bennett a lot -- I think he's looking towards California -- 49ers?

KC, don't forget, Welker can also kick -- made a 30 yard field goal, a couple X-points and kicked off for the Phins a bit in 2004, when Mare was injured.

Saban also said he's a near Pro Bowl like coverage player....Might be the MOST versatile player in the N.F.L.

P.S: I tried to find a photo of him kicking, but found his myspace instead! :hmmm:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=129430414

58-4ever
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Donte Stallworth!

58-4ever
01-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Adalius Thomas and Donte Stallworth would be great. Draft a OT and DT in rounds one and two. Hopefully steal two guys that can start right away. Boom, contender time.

Warrior5
01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
...Drew Bennett of the Titans (UFA) definitely pique my interest at WR...Bennett was awesome as a rookie, I haven't heard much from him since, but he's as good as EK and much younger.

Yep; have had my eye on him for several months now. Don't know about his speed, but he's big, 29, and had 700+ yards receiving this year.

Uncle_Ted
01-12-2007, 09:09 PM

The problem with Drew Bennett is that he's injury prone (at least the years that I ended up with him on my FFL team!). He plays with the injuries, but they affect his performance. He had one great season (2004) but 4 other seasons where he was the starter, played at least 12 games, but had less than 60 catches.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
The only FAs we'll be signing is our own, unfortunately.

Although, this is the every other year that Carl signs other team's free agents to keep the team competitive just enough to win eight or nine games, so I guess we'll be signing a couple.

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:18 AM
If that is true (I'm certainly no judge of OLT talent) about LD, then I think Carl has no choice but to go after the best OLT on the board for our #1 pick.

The best LT on the board at our pick would be a HUGE reach.

Reaching to fill needs in the first day is a recipe for mediocrity, and failure.

Take the best player available at one of our myriad of positions of need.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I thought Tony Gonzales signed with you guys already?

No matter how sad that statement is, it is also pretty funny. He was our best offensive lineman on the Colts game. :shake:

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 11:50 AM
The FA list is premature, and it will grow due to cap stipulations that each team will face.

Mecca
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Most teams don't cut anyone any good anymore.....everyones figured out how to deal with the cap.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Bronco fans, did you all miss Sharpe the two/more years he was gone?

Chief Roundup
01-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Anybody else notice that most of those guys are off of some pretty awful lines?
If Leonard Davis is the best OT in FA that is not inspiring.

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I like Bennett a lot -- I think he's looking towards California -- 49ers?

KC, don't forget, Welker can also kick -- made a 30 yard field goal, a couple X-points and kicked off for the Phins a bit in 2004, when Mare was injured.

Saban also said he's a near Pro Bowl like coverage player....Might be the MOST versatile player in the N.F.L.

P.S: I tried to find a photo of him kicking, but found his myspace instead! :hmmm:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=129430414

OK! Me and Hal McCrae are on the Wes Welker bandwagon! The ultimate ST player, a tremendously tough WR with great hands, a guy who will stretch the field for LJ and Gonzo, and can outrun just about any DB in space. Jump on the WW bandwagon with us!

Brock
01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Donte Stallworth!

sure, if you want a guy who will play about 10 games per year.

Frankie
01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
OK! Me and Hal McCrae are on the Wes Welker bandwagon! The ultimate ST player, a tremendously tough WR with great hands, a guy who will stretch the field for LJ and Gonzo, and can outrun just about any DB in space. Jump on the WW bandwagon with us!
I'm on.

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm on.

If Tynes stinks up those short FGs, Welker also kicks. How good is THAT!