PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dole: Why did I lose my signature?

Taco John
01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry to make a thread about it, but I sent 5 PMs already about the subject and haven't gotten a response and figured something must be up with the system.

Can you please give me feedback on why I lost my sig. It wasn't any bigger than the ones already on this forum.

Phobia
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I know somebody threw a big fit about it.

Hammock Parties
We have a strict "no-corpse" policy.

crazycoffey
I lost mine too, it might have been too big, but in my defense I saw the thread discussing the size after mine was turned off.

I can still see my signature when I preview a message, and I would love to be able to erase that picture now.

In addition I promise I will be more responsible in the future.

seclark
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
he won't give me mine back either...what's up w/that?
sec

88TG88
01-12-2007, 05:53 PM
what are the sig size restrictions ?

Hammock Parties
what are the sig size restrictions ?

600x200.

Otter
You never cease to amaze or ashame me that we're both the same species.

Buck
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I lost mine as well, I want it back if possible.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I lost mine as well, I want it back if possible.

We have a strict "no retarded sigs" policy.

Demonpenz
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I would ask for mine back but i know what i would do. I would just attact 1500X1500 picture of boobs and get it revoked again

Taco John
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM

I seriously doubt I lost my signature because of my Darrent Williams tribute.

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I would ask for mine back but i know what i would do. I would just attact 1500X1500 picture of boobs and get it revoked again

Honesty, how refreshing, at least on this site

Taco John
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM
You never cease to amaze or ashame me that we're both the same species.

You know, I'm not real sure of the technicalities on that... Are Neandrethal and Homo Sapiens technically the same species?

Ugly Duck
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Ooooohh.... harsh! Small wonder ChiefsFanz have such bad rep....

Phobia
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I seriously doubt I lost my signature because of my Darrent Williams tribute.

No, I think that was it.

Phobia
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM

Oh, you mean like Cashman?

stevieray
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
popcorn!

FAX
01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
ROFL

I always get a kick out of a pseudointellectual misspelling the word Neanderthal.

FAX

Hammock Parties
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh boy here we go another Taco John meltdown.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
popcorn!
I wonder what size his sig is over at the Orange Mane?

Oh, thats right, sorry!

Demonpenz
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM
damn cashman already did that. I always like the saying if you are going to **** up. **** up BIG!

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 06:16 PM
You sent 5 PMs about this? It must really be important to you.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I think we're going to need to reinstitute the sig police. I'll go and get my gun.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I think we're going to need to reinstitute the sig police. I'll go and get my gun.

I think Frazod should handle those duties, don't you?

RJ
01-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Was the tribute too large, too Broncos or just tasteless?

boogblaster
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
No humping the dead here...

Saulbadguy
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Stay down bitch.

greg63
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Bob Dole: Why did I lose my signature?

600 pix wide by 200 pix high.

Frazod
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I wisely turned the goddamned things off, and as a result couldn't I care less about anybody's signature, including my own. I assume it still professes my undying hatred of Denver. :)

Eleazar
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Is this going to be like the last one, a la 'delete my account'? :)

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:12 PM
No, I think that was it.

You're telling me that I lost my sig because it was a photo of Darrent's funeral?

No way is Bob that petty. That new guy SLQ maybe. But not Dole.

Eleazar
01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When a sig is revoked, that sig goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our sigs to run and play together.

All the sigs that had broken links are restored to working order; those that were resized by mods are made whole again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The boobie .gifs gyrate once again; the enormous pictures are once again in full glory.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one sig stops and looks into the distance. His corners are sharp; His pixels quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, the sig's anchor tags carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your sig finally meet again, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses from your sig rain down upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved one, and you look once more on your sig, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-12-2007, 07:26 PM
A picture of a recently deceased player in his casket is questionable sig material. It was beyond creepy

Adept Havelock
01-12-2007, 07:27 PM

When a sig is revoked, that sig goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our sigs to run and play together.

All the sigs that had broken links are restored to working order; those that were resized by mods are made whole again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The boobie .gifs gyrate once again; the enormous pictures are once again in full glory.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one sig stops and looks into the distance. His corners are sharp; His pixels quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, the sig's anchor tags carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your sig finally meet again, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses from your sig rain down upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved one, and you look once more on your sig, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

ROFL

But when do you join with your sig's energy in a mystical dance?

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:28 PM
A picture of a recently deceased player in his casket is questionable sig materal. It was beyond creepy

Creepy? It was the week of his funeral.

FAX
01-12-2007, 07:30 PM

ROFL

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
01-12-2007, 07:30 PM
People view death differently, for me it was creepy

58-4ever
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Creepy? It was the week of his funeral.

Exactly. We all just watched him play in an important game for our team. Then the next week some attention whore puts a picture of said player in a public forum: CREEPY.

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:32 PM
If that's what it was, then that's what it was... I'm shocked that I would lose my sig privledes over a tribute to a murdered player the week of his funeral. More shocked that it was Dole and that he wouldn't even respond to my inquiries over it. I expect something like this from Fin Heaven, not the anything goes Planet...

RJ
01-12-2007, 07:36 PM

:clap: Outstanding stuff. Bravo, sir, bravo.

DaFace
01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't personally mind the picture, but I found it odd that they put a picture of him lying in his casket in the newspaper. I thought there was some unwritten rule about putting pictures of dead people in the media.

BucEyedPea
01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
If that's what it was, then that's what it was... I'm shocked that I would lose my sig privledes over a tribute to a murdered player the week of his funeral. More shocked that it was Dole and that he wouldn't even respond to my inquiries over it. I expect something like this from Fin Heaven, not the anything goes Planet...
Don't feel bad. I lost mine because it was a p'nut b'ttr jar tribute to Skippy Peanut Butter/Skip. At least I think that's why. Perhaps someone thought I was a so nuts for Skip that I was a stalker. :p

JBucc
01-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I thought it was weird. But that's about it.

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't personally mind the picture, but I found it odd that they put a picture of him lying in his casket in the newspaper. I thought there was some unwritten rule about putting pictures of dead people in the media.

I dont know about that... I saw James Brown on the Drudge Report...

I dont see how it's distasteful... I thought it was poignant and real.

Eleazar
01-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Anyway, I've always had sigs turned off so I never saw it. But I wouldn't think that was 'creepy' or whatever, as long as it was only for a short time. I can see where it might have value as something somewhat shocking, but to show the consequence of violence and all that. Just kind of a temporary public remembrence/reminder.

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 07:42 PM
mine was for target practice on solari, so that probably didn't do it. It was probably because it was huge

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Anyway, I've always had sigs turned off so I never saw it. But I wouldn't think that was 'creepy' or whatever, as long as it was only for a short time. I can see where it might have value as something somewhat shocking, but to show the consequence of violence and all that. Just kind of a temporary public remembrence/reminder.

Exactly. That's pretty much how I saw it... A momentary stark reminder of how fragile life really is.

KcMizzou
01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Don't feel bad. I lost mine because it was a p'nut b'ttr jar tribute to Skippy Peanut Butter/Skip. At least I think that's why. Perhaps someone thought I was a so nuts for Skip that I was a stalker. :pHell, who isn't?

greg63
01-12-2007, 07:48 PM

...And, started a thread about it. :shake:

DaFace
01-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I dont see how it's distasteful... I thought it was poignant and real.

Oh, I didn't think it was distasteful. The picture itself (which I assume is the same one you had in your sig) was very tastefully done. Like I said, it struck me as odd more than anything.

Taco John
01-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Yeah, it is. I went to replace my sig with a photo of my son, and was shocked to see my sig revoked. I just wanted some sort of official explination.

Frazod
01-12-2007, 08:05 PM
A picture of a recently deceased player in his casket is questionable sig material. It was beyond creepy

:spock:

I wouldn't say it was "beyond" creepy. A bit creepy, perhaps. And more than a bit obsessive. A casket photo? Jesus. TJ, wouldn't you rather remember the guy as a live player than a dead murder victim?

I certainly don't recall anybody going batshit like this over Derrick Thomas, although to be fair, that was back in the days of the old Star BB and we didn't have all the bells and whistles to play with. But FWIW, I would have found casket photos of him a bit creepy and obsessive, too. Especially if they'd been posted on a Broncos BB.

Sure-Oz
01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
owned.com

|Zach|
01-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I didn't see the sig in question.

Simplex3
01-12-2007, 08:16 PM
We need that like we need another hole in the fridge.[/low hanging fruit]

Dartgod
01-12-2007, 08:17 PM
My sister-in-law took pictures of my wife's mother in her casket and recently I was backing up my computer and came across them. Apparently she had downloaded them to my PC. I really creeped me out. It's not the way I like to remember her.

:shudder:

KcMizzou
01-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I didn't see the sig in question.Me either...

I'll agree with the "not the way I'd want to remember them" thing though.

Bob Dole
01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
It was a size issue, not content.

Bob Dole didn't see the PMs... Silly pop-up blockers.

Gonzo
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Oh, Mr. Dole you so crazy!

jspchief
01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I think there's probably better ways to honor the dead than to make a spectacle of their corpse. But that's just me.

alanm
01-12-2007, 08:49 PM

That was beautiful. I think I'm going to cry. :deevee:

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 08:50 PM

Is that what happened to me too? Any chance to another chance?

Whenever I preview a message I still see the stupid picture I made of Solari after the Playoff Loss. I can't erase it.

alanm
01-12-2007, 08:52 PM
TJ, it was creepy.

Bwana
01-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Because you're "it."

chiefs4me
01-12-2007, 08:56 PM

nice answer..

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 09:09 PM
nice answer..
I haven't seen you around for awhile. Where have you been?

Taco John
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Well that's what I needed to know. I didn't think the size was egregious, but if the policy is zero tolerance, then it is what it is.

Taco John
01-12-2007, 09:15 PM
TJ, it was creepy.

Your sig is out of compliance. You'd better get that fixed.

Mile High Mania
01-12-2007, 09:22 PM
There are actually a lot of sigs (whether it's a pic or a pic with a bunch of commentary) that appear to be out of whack.

Phobia
01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Well that's what I needed to know. I didn't think the size was egregious, but if the policy is zero tolerance, then it is what it is.

They're pretty consistent about it, actually - especially when there are complaints. It has nothing to do with you.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
There are actually a lot of sigs (whether it's a pic or a pic with a bunch of commentary) that appear to be out of whack.

NOT FOR LONG.

Skip Towne
01-12-2007, 09:32 PM
They're pretty consistent about it, actually - especially when there are complaints. It has nothing to do with you.
Supercop GoChiefs is the complainer. He's deathly afraid someone might get more attention than him.

BigRedChief
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
600x200.
Is it 600 tall and 200 wide or 600 wide and 200 tall?

chiefs4me
01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I haven't seen you around for awhile. Where have you been?

I've been here, sort of, just not much to say..:D

crazycoffey
01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Again, any chance I can get my privilages back, I just want them back long enough to erase the picture I last put in my thread. I see it everytime I go to the advanced message reply, or preview a message.

Or at least go into my signature and erase the picture, please.

01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Bob Dole...I lost my avatar..can I get it back please :(

Hammock Parties
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Is it 600 tall and 200 wide or 600 wide and 200 tall?

600 wide.

wilas101
01-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I think there's probably better ways to honor the dead than to make a spectacle of their corpse. But that's just me.

In some cultures I hear they just eat their dead.

I'm really not sure if they take pictures for the message boards first, though.

I'll start watching more Discovery. :p

teedubya
01-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Bob Dole, this shit is a lot funnier when it isn't happening to me.

:-)

Donger
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been here, sort of, just not much to say..:D

What a considerate, late Christmas present. Thank you!

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 10:33 PM
We need that like we need another hole in the fridge.[/low hanging fruit]

Damn, finally Simplex got it! I used a Texas tee on that one!

Simplex3
01-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Damn, finally Simplex got it! I used a Texas tee on that one!
This place has lost it's f**king burst.

I'm getting tired of carrying all these people.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
This place has lost it's f**king burst.

I'm getting tired of carrying all these people.

You are capable, keep it up! You should start a poop thread.

Simplex3
01-12-2007, 11:09 PM
You are capable, keep it up! You should start a poop thread.
I already have a 6 pager going.

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 11:15 PM

Damn, does skip know that?

Simplex3
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Damn, does skip know that?
Do you remember where "stab them in the face" came from? I can't remember and the n00bs were asking.

Mecca
01-12-2007, 11:16 PM

That must be a hell of a poop....

HemiEd
01-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Do you remember where "stab them in the face" came from? I can't remember and the n00bs were asking.

No I don't, but have seen many references to it though. I think it was before I stumbled in here.

Seems like Endelt260 had something to do with it.

HonestChieffan
01-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Getting cheese, we have the whine.

Skip Towne
01-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I think MO Hillbilly started that.

chiefs4me
01-13-2007, 09:49 AM
What a considerate, late Christmas present. Thank you!

**** off

Iowanian
01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
What a gaping Mangina.

They should brew Sam Adams in your trench, taco.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I would not want one of my relatives casket pics in someones sig

Taco John
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
What a gaping Mangina.

How so?