PDA

View Full Version : Beckham heeded the advice of the head Thetan

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2007, 12:59 AM
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -- Former England captain David Beckham sought the advice of his actor friend Tom Cruise before agreeing his big-money move from Real Madrid to Los Angeles Galaxy worth $1 million a week over five years.

"I was on the phone to him (Cruise) for about an hour last night and an hour the night before," Beckham told reporters on Friday.

"Obviously I asked him for his advice because he is a very wise man and a very good friend of mine. It's going to be a big help for us to have friends when we arrive in LA."

crazycoffey
01-13-2007, 01:02 AM
:eek:

Discuss Thrower
01-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Scientologists really bother me... They are starting to infiltrate the rich and famous of American culture.

And that's a problem because the more common morons follow the example of the unique morons..

01-13-2007, 01:05 AM
NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!

Buck
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
HOLY SHIT $1 Mil a week.

01-13-2007, 01:08 AM
I can't beleive he needed to discuss this with anybody. Hello!!!! $250 MILLION DOLLARS over FIVE YEARS!!!!

You need Tom's advice on this?

Valiant
01-13-2007, 03:06 AM
Scientologists really bother me... They are starting to infiltrate the rich and famous of American culture.

And that's a problem because the more common morons follow the example of the unique morons..

I do not think you understand why rich people become scientologists.. It is a scam, you get to put your own money into your church where the government cannot touch it... Rich people are attracted because it saves them millions each year...

The guy that came up with it, said if you want to become really rich you start your own religion before he came up with Scientology.

This is why I think it is ****ed up that Churches get to use tax exempt forms when purchasing stuff... They are one of the richest businesses and still get perks..

Silock
01-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Well, this isn't really on topic, but responding to Valiant, only some churches are rich. There are far more churches that struggle to get by because they don't require large donations from every single member. They get by with what they can, and for them, every little bit helps.

wutamess
01-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Well, this isn't really on topic, but responding to Valiant, only some churches are rich. There are far more churches that struggle to get by because they don't require large donations from every single member. They get by with what they can, and for them, every little bit helps.

That was the most most obvious post I think I've ever read.

He said... mostly rich people are into scientology.
I think we can both agree that Pookie from 31st & Prospect isn't into Scientology.

jjjayb
01-13-2007, 08:14 AM

I think we can both agree that Pookie from 31st & Prospect isn't into Scientology.

Yeah, but they do have a scientology building on 31st and Main. :hmmm:

BucEyedPea
01-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I do not think you understand why rich people become scientologists.. It is a scam, you get to put your own money into your church where the government cannot touch it... Rich people are attracted because it saves them millions each year...
Your argument is flawed. My accountant has always told me that you never save more than you spend. PERIOD. Do the math.

People put their money into other things so the govt can't have it...but it does not save you any more money.

Silock
01-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Really? Because it didn't seem that way to me, being that I was responding to this:

I think it is ****ed up that Churches get to use tax exempt forms when purchasing stuff.

Now, if he was talking about ONLY scientology, then that would be one thing, but it didn't appear so. And there are many churches out there that are rich besides scientology, namely the catholic church.

Delano
01-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Really? Because it didn't seem that way to me, being that I was responding to this:

Now, if he was talking about ONLY scientology, then that would be one thing, but it didn't appear so. And there are many churches out there that are rich besides scientology, namely the catholic church.

Namely? Are you familiar with the gaudy-ass super-churches that are being built all over for non-Catholic churches?

I also hate to bring up all of the charity work the Catholic religion uses the money for, because I know the Catholic bashers hate to hear it. I know of at least one of the three homeless shelters and one of the three food pantries are financed solely by the Catholic church in my town. The others are all tax payer funded of course.

Silock
01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Namely? Are you familiar with the gaudy-ass super-churches that are being built all over for non-Catholic churches?

Yeah, I am, and they're included. But there's no denying that the Catholic church is rich, just as a lot of the supergiganto churches in the south are, too.

I also never said they didn't do anything good with their money; just that they have a lot of it.

No need to be defensive. I wasn't attacking; just stating facts.

Delano
01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I am, and they're included. But there's no denying that the Catholic church is rich, just as a lot of the supergiganto churches in the south are, too.

I also never said they didn't do anything good with their money; just that they have a lot of it.

No need to be defensive. I wasn't attacking; just stating facts.

Putting Scientology and Christianity in the same sentence could be considered an attack.[/T-I-C]

Silock
01-13-2007, 09:48 AM
True :)

Braincase
01-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Scientology preys on the weak minded and gullible, just like Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians, and any number of other mind-controlling cults.

Notice how they never talk about how and when L. Ron Hubbard received his enlightenment? It's a bad sci-fi novel. Sci-fi fans are too smart to buy into that crap. Sell it as religion, and any number of numbskulls will buy into it.

Simplex3
01-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Your argument is flawed. My accountant has always told me that you never save more than you spend. PERIOD. Do the math.
Your accountant sucks.

Simplex3
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM

I also hate to bring up all of the charity work the Catholic religion uses the money for, because I know the Catholic bashers hate to hear it. I know of at least one of the three homeless shelters and one of the three food pantries are financed solely by the Catholic church in my town. The others are all tax payer funded of course.
The world's largest cache of gold - The Vatican. Lots and lots of it stolen from European Jews during WWII.

It's all charity though, right?

Baby Lee
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Does anyone else get the sense that, at least with the 'celebs,' Scientology isn't so much about faith, as it is about training your mind to be a 'success.'

Seems like the celeb scientologists disappear when they're less than fit and flawless, only to come back with a big splash with the super tight tiddys and poopers.

Jenna Elfman was a sweet, fairly fit, certainly attractive girl before scientology. After scientology, she's like some Amazonian she-warrior.

Same goes for Catherine Bell, Juliette Lewis, etc. They seem to develop this ultra-photogenic ologist 'look.'

And I get the sense that when high profile ologists like Travolta, Remini and certainly Kirstie Alley get all chubby AND try to maintain their high profile, the ology community is kind of embarassed by them.

It's like the religion is a motivational program for star quality, more than a faith.

Bank it, if it's physically possible, now that Jason Lee has recruited Ethan Suplee, Randy will be buffer than Earl in the next year or two.

Silock
01-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Wait wait wait... Jason Lee is a scientologist?

BucEyedPea
01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Your accountant sucks.
I'm not talkin' 'bout investment. That's makin' money. Talkin' only about spending. He saved me $56 k one year! he rokks!

The world's largest cache of gold - The Vatican. Lots and lots of it stolen from European Jews during WWII.

It's all charity though, right?

Back that up!
There are so many exaggerated reports about the Vatican regarding WWII and the Jews. Did you know that 3 million RC's died under the Nazis and gave safe harbor to Jews?

Baby Lee
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Wait wait wait... Jason Lee is a scientologist?
Not all that fervent or vocal, but yeah, since the 80s. He's remarked on it on some 'Kevin Smith-iverse' type BBs and in a Playboy interview last year.

Simplex3
01-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Back that up!
There are so many exaggerated reports about the Vatican regarding WWII and the Jews. Did you know that 3 million RC's died under the Nazis and gave safe harbor to Jews?
Yes I did.

I will never say that all, or most, or even a percentage of Catholics fall into the "f**ked" category. Like most religions, by and far the largest majority believe in it and try to live out it's ideals.

However, because of it's age and sheer size, the Catholic church has more than it's fair share of skeletons in the closet.

Simplex3
01-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Churches also have another problem that is unique to them. When someone is chosen to lead a group of members they need to have some sort of divinity attached to them. They must either be labeled as favored by God, or closer to God that most, or more knowledgeable of God, so that the masses will be willing to follow that person, supposedly towards God (heaven).

Now as a church, what do you do when that leader is found to be a child molester? If you were claiming that God had something to do with his promotion, you certainly can't now claim God was wrong. If he's supposedly closer to God than his members, doesn't that mean that being closer to God doesn't mean you're any more holy than the average member who wasn't molesting children?

By being involved in the chain of command in any object religion you have lots and lots of problems to deal with.