PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: QB coach Shea gets pink slip. Here we go...

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2007, 02:27 AM
QB coach Shea gets pink slip

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards stripped away another vestige of the Dick Vermeil offense this week when he fired quarterbacks coach Terry Shea.

Edwards has indicated the Chiefs will take their offense in a different direction, one that relies more on dictating favorable matchups and less on its complexity. Shea is a disciple of Vermeil and former offensive coordinator Al Saunders.

The move also could be ominous for quarterback Trent Green. Shea and Green had a close working relationship.

Shea joined the Chiefs in 2001 as Vermeil and Saunders began to revamp the offense. He left for the 2004 season, when he was the offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears.

The Chiefs rehired Shea in 2005 after he was fired by the Bears. The Chiefs made that move in large part because of Green’s comfort in working with Shea.

Offensive assistant Dick Curl is a former quarterbacks coach in college and is a candidate to replace Shea.

01-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Great, that is all we need, another dick in the offense.

DaWolf
01-13-2007, 02:34 AM
GOOD.

Honestly, people want to lay the full blame of the offense on Solari, but really, one of the main changes that happened this offseason was that instead of Saunders designing the passing game plan and Solari designing the running game plan over the week, with Saunders calling the plays, now Solari was coordinating the running game while Shea was coordinating the passing game, and Solari called the plays.

Terry Shea was TERRIBLE in Chicago which is why he got canned after a year and I didn't see much from our passing game this year that indicated he had gotten any better. He was brought back because he was old buddies with DV and Green liked him.

Good move...

Flustrated
01-13-2007, 04:08 AM
This doesn't sound good for Trent then I presume. Wasn't Trent a big supporter of Shea?

01-13-2007, 04:10 AM
Passing the buck..this is deja-vu all over again..what a jerk-off

Silock
01-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Passing the buck? How? I guess he'll be passing the buck by getting rid of Ryan Sims, too, by your definition.

01-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Passing the buck? How? I guess he'll be passing the buck by getting rid of Ryan Sims, too, by your definition.
eerrr..forget it..you wouldn't understand..;)

Silock
01-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Well, I get it, I just don't think it's the proper use of the passing the buck term. He's not firing him to cover his own ass. He's not firing him because Shea sucks, per se (even though some might say that he does), but because he wants to take the offense in a different direction. All coaches do this.

CupidStunt
01-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Passing the buck

It's called getting rid of the trash.

He'd be an idiot if the Chiefs headed into 2007 with the same staff.

Smed1065
01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Any links or back-up?

boogblaster
01-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Heads will roll..shit will splatter..if they don't improve it won't matter....

J Diddy
01-13-2007, 07:54 AM
eerrr..forget it..you wouldn't understand..;)

Hey for just a single 1st round draft pick you can have the talents of ryan sims on your sideline.

Forget the hype it's a media campaign to "pass the buck"

He is the all powerful force that he was drafted to be...no really

you should get on the phones to make this happen

J Diddy
01-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Heads will roll..shit will splatter..if they don't improve it won't matter....

This is the bulletin board that I roam..
Why everday must their be a poem?

I've read here stories for quite a long time...
Why must recently everything rhyme?

Some are good and some are shit..
Mostly they are gay and we need to talk to Burt and get a man-law against it.

dirk digler
01-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Any links or back-up?

At the bottom

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/

Chiefnj
01-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Shea was the QB coach that presumably worked with Huard and was able, in part, to get Huard to play as well as he did. The playbook slowly changed when Huard was QB - including the building of the passing game. I presume Shea was part of that development as well.

In the big picture at the end of the day it was the OL that failed and the OC that failed with a ridiculous playbook that played into strengths of defenses and was not able to adjust. If a positional coach is going to get the axe it should be the OL coach, not the coach that helped develop Green into a Pro Bowl QB and the coach that was able to get the most out of Huard.

People are really happy that Dick Curl may be the new QB coach??

HonestChieffan
01-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Zero Impact.

FringeNC
01-13-2007, 08:48 AM
GOOD.

Honestly, people want to lay the full blame of the offense on Solari, but really, one of the main changes that happened this offseason was that instead of Saunders designing the passing game plan and Solari designing the running game plan over the week, with Saunders calling the plays, now Solari was coordinating the running game while Shea was coordinating the passing game, and Solari called the plays.

Terry Shea was TERRIBLE in Chicago which is why he got canned after a year and I didn't see much from our passing game this year that indicated he had gotten any better. He was brought back because he was old buddies with DV and Green liked him.

Good move...

You think it was the design of the passing plays rather than when and how often those plays were called that was the problem? You think he drew up completely different plays from Saunders? Yeah, right.

Zouk
01-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't think it will be Dick Curl.

Let's get Mike Shula to work with Brodie. He and Herm worked together in Tampa.

patteeu
01-13-2007, 09:29 AM

Color me concerned.

siberian khatru
01-13-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think it will be Dick Curl.

Let's get Mike Shula to work with Brodie. He and Herm worked together in Tampa.

:hmmm:

milkman
01-13-2007, 09:39 AM
In the big picture of things, I don't give a rat's ass about any of it.

Herman ****ing Edwards can fire everyone from now until the end of the '09 season, and it won't make a damn bit of difference until both he and Carl are out the ****ing door.

Until then, we are just going to continue wallowing in the mediocrity we have come to know and hate.

On the bright side, Herman ****ing Edwards does seem to be a pretty fair talent evaluator, and since Carl gives his coach such a big voice in the draft, the next coach might well have some talent to work with.

Until then, we'll be a team that's sum is lesser than it's parts, because Herman ****ing Edwards has no ****ing business coaching in the NFL.

Reerun_KC
01-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Herman ****ing Edwards can fire everyone from now until the end of the '09 season, and it won't make a damn bit of difference until both he and Carl are out the ****ing door.

Until then, we are just going to continue wallowing in the mediocrity we have come to know and hate.

On the bright side, Herman ****ing Edwards does seem to be a pretty fair talent evaluator, and since Carl gives his coach such a big voice in the draft, the next coach might well have some talent to work with.

Until then, we'll be a team that's sum is lesser than it's parts, because Herman ****ing Edwards has no ****ing business coaching in the NFL.

:bravo:

Very well said! Rep to you!

morphius
01-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I just have to hope that they don't bring in a LB as a QB coach like that dumbass Marty did. Part of the main reason not one QB ever improved while they were here.

aircoryell77
01-13-2007, 09:47 AM
I thought herm was putting all the blame on himself??? Isnt that what he said? oh yeah, i forgot you cant trust anything that mofo says. ChiefNJ and FringeNC, i respect what you two have to say and im glad someone shedded some light on the failures other than the one failing game by the qb position. The only reason the chiefs made the playoffs other than joe nedney making that kick, who is by the way a terry shea player from sjsu, is the fact that huard came in prepared and lit it up. Lastly, DaneMcCloud, what is your deal with T. Shea? Did he not recruit you bc you are a skinny surfer prick from So Cal? SUP BRAAAAAAAAH!!!!

tomahawk kid
01-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Didn't someone in a previous thread mention the Chiefs bringing in Mike Shula to coach QB's (i.e. Croyle)?

Was that just a rumor?

Delano
01-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I thought herm was putting all the blame on himself??? Isnt that what he said? oh yeah, i forgot you cant trust anything that mofo says. ChiefNJ and FringeNC, i respect what you two have to say and im glad someone shedded some light on the failures other than the one failing game by the qb position. The only reason the chiefs made the playoffs other than joe nedney making that kick, who is by the way a terry shea player from sjsu, is the fact that huard came in prepared and lit it up. Lastly, DaneMcCloud, what is your deal with T. Shea? Did he not recruit you bc you are a skinny surfer prick from So Cal? SUP BRAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I wish I had an animation showing you where the 'Enter' key is located on your keyboard. What a scrambled mess of thoughts.

milkman
01-13-2007, 09:56 AM

I always get a kick out of it when a dumbass without a ****ing clue bangs on a keyboard.

FringeNC
01-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Edwards has indicated the Chiefs will take their offense in a different direction, one that relies more on dictating favorable matchups and less on its complexity. Shea is a disciple of Vermeil and former offensive coordinator Al Saunders.

First off, can't reporters get facts straight? Yes, evidently, he became close with Vermeil and Saunders, but he was a disciple of Bill Walsh.

With regards to complexity and favorable matchups -- isn't the whole reason an offense is complex is to attempt to fool the defense in order to get favorable matchups? Was this press release written by Herm Edwards?

Adept Havelock
01-13-2007, 10:16 AM
:)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCZxgrr2oRw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZCZxgrr2oRw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Simplex3
01-13-2007, 10:37 AM
This is the bulletin board that I roam..
Why everday must their be a poem?

I've read here stories for quite a long time...
Why must recently everything rhyme?

Some are good and some are shit..
Mostly they are gay and we need to talk to Burt and get a man-law against it.
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! [/standing ovation]

Kerberos
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I always get a kick out of it when a dumbass without a ****ing clue bangs on a keyboard.

You forgot to point out the fact it was a n00b as well.

Are you slipp'n Or just lost your burst?

;)

SLAG
01-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Dick Curl as QB Coach?

why do we need a QB coach anyway... if solari just wants to plan the run game fine...

but Dick Curl

c'mon meow

SLAG
01-13-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/D20AFF31A7634AEAAE97F698BA8FEB59.JPG

cdcox
01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
With regards to complexity and favorable matchups -- isn't the whole reason an offense is complex is to attempt to fool the defense in order to get favorable matchups? Was this press release written by Herm Edwards?

I was going to post the same thought. All the motion is designed to not only obtain favorable match ups, but to show the QB where they are.

Exactly how does Herm plan to get favorable match ups in the new scheme? Outside of Gonzo, we really don't have anybody in the passing game that could remotely present a match up problem in a line-them-up-and-let-them-go offense.

Watching the season unfold has revealed another reason why I don't like Edwards. His philosphy is that you win by "out manning" the other team. His "can't block 'em" sideline comment at the end of last week's game is a perfect example. Well no kidding. When every running play is between the guards and when every passing play is 3rd and long or in a time crunch situation, no kidding. You are putting your blockers at a tremendous disadvantage.

This is the NFL. You are never going to get the talent mismatches at every position you need in order to be successful by trying to physically beat the other team into submission. That's why you "can't block 'em". Now it will be: "they can't get open".

SLAG
01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
More about CURL

Before being named the head coach in Frankfurt, Curl served as offensive coordinator of the Barcelona Dragons from ‘91-97. The Dragons made a World Bowl appearance in ‘91 before winning the league title in ‘97. Known as the “Mad Bomber” in NFLEL circles for his tendency to throw the ball, Curl led an offensive attack headed by QB Jon Kitna that averaged 360.2 yards per game in ‘97.

FringeNC
01-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I was going to post the same thought. All the motion is designed to not only obtain favorable match ups, but to show the QB where they are.

Exactly how does Herm plan to get favorable match ups in the new scheme? Outside of Gonzo, we really don't have anybody in the passing game that could remotely present a match up problem in a line-them-up-and-let-them-go offense.

Watching the season unfold has revealed another reason why I don't like Edwards. His philosphy is that you win by "out manning" the other team. His "can't block 'em" sideline comment at the end of last week's game is a perfect example. Well no kidding. When every running play is between the guards and when every passing play is 3rd and long or in a time crunch situation, no kidding. You are putting your blockers at a tremendous disadvantage.

This is the NFL. You are never going to get the talent mismatches at every position you need in order to be successful by trying to physically beat the other team into submission. That's why you "can't block 'em". Now it will be: "they can't get open".

Yep. Coaching and schemes matter. In an era of parity, it is impossible to get "talent mismatches at every position".

Wile_E_Coyote
01-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I have no idea if it was a good move or not. But I'm glad to see a HC that will actually change the staff up. Instead of hanging on to dear life to the guy because he is a friend and old croonie(sp?)

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I have no idea if it was a good move or not. But I'm glad to see a HC that will actually change the staff up. Instead of hanging on to dear life to the guy because he is a friend and old croonie(sp?)

I agree with the part about just hanging onto an old cronie, but this has the feel of throwing Shea under the bus, essentially blaming him for the team's poor passing attack.

In reality, the poor passing attck is the direct result of Herman ****ing Edwards not having a clue about running an offense.

TRR
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree with the part about just hanging onto an old cronie, but this has the feel of throwing Shea under the bus, essentially blaming him for the team's poor passing attack.

In reality, the poor passing attck is the direct result of Herman ****ing Edwards not having a clue about running an offense.
Herman Edwards doesn't run the offense. Mike Solari does. Edwards may suggest that Solari scale back the offense, and run a little bit more. However, Edwards didn't call one play this season, so I find it hard to believe that Edwards is completely at fault for the offense.

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Herman Edwards doesn't run the offense. Mike Solari does. Edwards may suggest that Solari scale back the offense, and run a little bit more. However, Edwards didn't call one play this season, so I find it hard to believe that Edwards is completely at fault for the offense.

While Herman ****ing Edwards doesn't run the offense, he does run the team, and this offense bears a remarkable resemblence to the weakass Herman ****ing Edwards Jets offense.

Herman ****ing Edwards dictates philosophy and approach.
Mike Solari is just the poor schmuck that has to try gameplan and call plays within that philosophy and approach.

Mecca
01-13-2007, 11:48 AM

They can't get open anyway....eventually lacking talent at WR will catch up to you.

Brock
01-13-2007, 11:53 AM

If that's true, why wasn't solari fired for the disaster in the playoffs? If that truly was his playcalling, he is an incompetent fool.

Rain Man
01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
This is killing me. This is the equivalent of Da Vinci ripping up the Mona Lisa to use as scratch paper.

Fish
01-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Did anybody else read this as "coach Shea gets the pink slit?"

CosmicPal
01-13-2007, 12:09 PM

I agree, however, it is not entirely true. I believe it is a whole lot more difficult to get the talent mismatches on offense than it is on defense 'cause historically, if you look at some of the best defenses in the past, including this season's Ravens and Bears- their defenses create a lot of mismatch problems for the opposing offenses.

cdcox
01-13-2007, 12:19 PM
They can't get open anyway....eventually lacking talent at WR will catch up to you.

No doubt you have to have talent. But having a good scheme makes whatever talent you have that much more effective. Or if you don't have a good scheme, you neutralize the talent that you do have, ala Randy Moss.

crazycoffey
01-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree, however, it is not entirely true. I believe it is a whole lot more difficult to get the talent mismatches on offense than it is on defense 'cause historically, if you look at some of the best defenses in the past, including this season's Ravens and Bears- their defenses create a lot of mismatch problems for the opposing offenses.

I finally looked at your website, the work in progress. Didnt read it all, but looked good, let us know how it turns out for you

Mecca
01-13-2007, 12:22 PM
No doubt you have to have talent. But having a good scheme makes whatever talent you have that much more effective. Or if you don't have a good scheme, you neutralize the talent that you do have, ala Randy Moss.

I agree with you to an extent but even if you go back in the best years of our offense....you'll find games against the premier defenses where our passing game struggled.

FringeNC
01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I agree with you to an extent but even if you go back in the best years of our offense....you'll find games against the premier defenses where our passing game struggled.

Yeah, and there were games were the 99 Rams' struggled, too.

ChiefsLV
01-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Dick Curl is going to do wonders for our clock management. Great move by Herm. :)

PinkFloyd
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Art Shell will be our new QB's coach...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

milkman
01-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Art Shell will be our new QB's coach...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Who the **** do you think you're kidding?

Everone here knows that Trezell Jenkins and Lin Elliot are on the short list of candidates.

PinkFloyd
01-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Who the **** do you think you're kidding?

Everone here knows that Trezell Jenkins and Lin Elliot are on the short list of candidates.

Geeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-Bac also...

milkman
01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Geeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-Bac also...

Nah.

If they had fired the receivers coach he would be in the running.

He could coach passing, and catching too.

PinkFloyd
01-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Maybe Trent will retire and become our QB coach.... Croyle will become the starter, and Huard will go off and win a Super Bowl with someone.. :p

Calcountry
01-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, and there were games were the 99 Rams' struggled, too.I think Mecca would find something to bitch about if the Chiefs went undefeated.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2007, 01:41 PM
wake me up when Carl and Herm decide to fire themsleves....

TRR
01-13-2007, 03:08 PM
If that's true, why wasn't solari fired for the disaster in the playoffs? If that truly was his playcalling, he is an incompetent fool.

Because it was one game. This was Solari's first year as an offensive coordinator. I can't think of any team in recent memory that has made the playoffs with a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator at the same time. I agree with most in that Herman Edwards runs the team. However, he's not calling the plays. When Solari is in the press box, he can call just about anything he wants. I'm sure Solari and Edwards gameplan together during the week, and decide if they want to go either pass or run heavy, or maybe balanced, but blaming Edwards for the offensive decline is ridiculous. It's an old offense trying to hang on anyway. Injuries mounted up...

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Because it was one game. This was Solari's first year as an offensive coordinator. I can't think of any team in recent memory that has made the playoffs with a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator at the same time. I agree with most in that Herman Edwards runs the team. However, he's not calling the plays. When Solari is in the press box, he can call just about anything he wants. I'm sure Solari and Edwards gameplan together during the week, and decide if they want to go either pass or run heavy, or maybe balanced, but blaming Edwards for the offensive decline is ridiculous. It's an old offense trying to hang on anyway. Injuries mounted up...

Well, just this year there's the N.O. Saints. New head coach, new OC. Parcells did it in his first year in Dallas, Jim Mora, jr. took the Falcons to the NFC Championship in 2004. These are all off the top of my head. I'm sure there are numerous instances of this happening.

That being said, Solari called enough good games with healthy starters that IMO, he should be given the benefit of the doubt for a least another season.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree. Herm can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I will attempt to swallow the mediocrity that is going to be shoved down our throats these next few years, and wait with anticipation when Herm and Carl leave after their contracts are up.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2007, 03:33 PM
martyball

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
What does this mean for Green? I think it means a radical modification (if not the complete jettison) of the Zampesi/Coryell offense that seems to be the only system Green is comfortable running. Perhaps Herm is looking for a Dilfered solution at QB - a guy to hand off to LJ and not lose the game while his D stifles opponents, keeps the score down and tries to capitalize off the other team's errors. That's a GREAT recipe for 9-7!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM
What does this mean for Green? I think it means a radical modification (if not the complete jettison) of the Zampesi/Coryell offense that seems to be the only system Green is comfortable running. Perhaps Herm is looking for a Dilfered solution at QB - a guy to hand off to LJ and not lose the game while his D stifles opponents, keeps the score down and tries to capitalize off the other team's errors. That's a GREAT recipe for 9-7!

I think that's exactly what Herm is doing. Herm doesn't care who plays QB as long as he doesn't injure his hands so the said QB can hand off with no limitations.

Playing not to lose football is what Herm does, and yes, that only gets you 9-10 wins and maybe a playoff victory every year, but you won't win the big one.

Herm took Marty 101.

milkman
01-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I think that's exactly what Herm is doing. Herm doesn't care who plays QB as long as he doesn't injure his hands so the said QB can hand off with no limitations.

Playing not to lose football is what Herm does, and yes, that only gets you 9-10 wins and maybe a playoff victory every year, but you won't win the big one.

Herm took Marty 101.

In this case, the Student has become the Master.

Herman ****ing Edwards makes Marty, in his worst day pre-Cam, look like a an offensive mastermind.

siberian khatru
01-13-2007, 05:23 PM

You nailed it, Johnny.

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Herm took Marty 101.

Then he must have been a "C" student. Marty had 3 AFC Title game appearances in his first 6 seasons as a HC. Herm has gotten the post season 4 of 6 years, but never advancing that far and never getting more than 10 wins in a regular season. I have faith that Herm can grow as a HC, but he's not Marty because he isn't anywhere near as good as Marty.

Ultra Peanut
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
And with that, the Mike McMahon window closes.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Then he must have been a "C" student. Marty had 3 AFC Title game appearances in his first 6 seasons as a HC. Herm has gotten the post season 4 of 6 years, but never advancing that far and never getting more than 10 wins in a regular season. I have faith that Herm can grow as a HC, but he's not Marty because he isn't anywhere near as good as Marty.

That's not saying much though. Marty is 5-12 in the postseason. That's living and breathing mediocrity.

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 10:53 PM
That's not saying much though. Marty is 5-12 in the postseason. That's living and breathing mediocrity.

Mediocrity = average. Marty is the 3rd or 4th all-time winningest NFL coach, or something like that. Would you call Bud Grant and Marv Levy mediocre? They did not win a SB. Marty's post season record is what it is. IMO, that is far superior to mediocre, which is .500.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Mediocrity = average. Marty is the 3rd or 4th all-time winningest NFL coach, or something like that. Would you call Bud Grant and Marv Levy mediocre? They did not win a SB. Marty's post season record is what it is. IMO, that is far superior to mediocre, which is .500.

I would call Bud Grant and Marv Levy better than Marty. At least they led their teams to Super Bowls. That's just the standard all coaches and players have to live up to. Good...but. There will always be a "but." Cowher had it until he won the Super Bowl last year, now he's gonna get paid out the wazoo when he returns to coaching next year.

Marty will be fired if he loses tomorrow. I wonder where he'll end up if so?

KCJohnny
01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I would call Bud Grant and Marv Levy better than Marty. At least they led their teams to Super Bowls. That's just the standard all coaches and players have to live up to. Good...but. There will always be a "but." Cowher had it until he won the Super Bowl last year, now he's gonna get paid out the wazoo when he returns to coaching next year.

Marty will be fired if he loses tomorrow. I wonder where he'll end up if so?

I doubt Marty gets fired tomorrow if SD loses. And even if so, there are a dozen teams that would give up first rounders to get him. I would much rather have Marty than Herm or DV.

DeezNutz
01-13-2007, 11:28 PM
there are a dozen teams that would give up first rounders to get him.

No chance. But there's no question that there are plenty of teams that would be more successful with Marty.

KCJohnny
01-14-2007, 01:24 AM
No chance. But there's no question that there are plenty of teams that would be more successful with Marty.

How do you fire a 14-2 coach that barely loses a playoff game (if SD loses, it will be a squeaker)? If the Pats win this, Bellichek is in Lombardi's category, which is certainly no slam on Marty.

milkman
01-14-2007, 01:39 AM
How do you fire a 14-2 coach that barely loses a playoff game (if SD loses, it will be a squeaker)? If the Pats win this, Bellichek is in Lombardi's category, which is certainly no slam on Marty.

AJ Smith would have fired Marty before, but the Spanos' stepped in.
If Marty makes another first game playoff exit, the Spanos' will let AJ Smith make the decision without interference this time.

AJ Smith doesn't like Marty and his approach.

aircoryell77
01-14-2007, 11:38 AM

Milkman, you dont know sh*#. Last time i checked i grew up around college/nfl coaches. so when you start throwing out comments like that then you better back it. I know more football then anyone on this site so go f yourself and never comment on my posts again. plus, i reported the firing of shea and the hiring of dick curl 4 days ago and no one believed me.

aircoryell77
01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Did anybody else read this as "coach Shea gets the pink slit?"

No, because I can actually read.

Extra Point
01-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Why don't we sign Dilfer? He has a SB ring!

Here is the next QB coach:

"I obey...."

01-14-2007, 11:54 AM
It's called getting rid of the trash.

He'd be an idiot if the Chiefs headed into 2007 with the same staff.
So,getting rid of the trash means firing the guy that coached Damon Huard??you know..the guy that had 11TD's and 1 INT while Green was hurt..why would he fire this guy??so let me get this straight,what your saying is Herm tutored Huard during those weeks?? :rolleyes:

milkman
01-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Milkman, you dont know sh*#. Last time i checked i grew up around college/nfl coaches. so when you start throwing out comments like that then you better back it. I know more football then anyone on this site so go f yourself and never comment on my posts again. plus, i reported the firing of shea and the hiring of dick curl 4 days ago and no one believed me.

I don't ****ing care if you licked Vince Lombardi's ass and sucked Tom Landry's dick.

You're a ****ing dumbass that called out Dane for what?
Posting a news release.
That has nothing to do with football knowledge.
That has to do with having an IQ, and the ability to comprehend what you read.
Clearly, you don't have that.

I can't wait to see all this football knowledge exposed.
But I ain't holding my breath.

HemiEd
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Passing the buck..this is deja-vu all over again..what a jerk-off
:hmmm: