PDA

View Full Version : Football's Future Mock Draft 1/11

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

2007 NFL Mock Draft
By: Robert Davis | Updated: 1/11

Oakland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
Amazing physical gifts make him the pick over Quinn.

Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions can’t go wrong with either QB.

Cleveland - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
Consider Alan Branch, but there are more options at DT later than OT.

Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
The Bucs must have a premier edge rusher for their defense to function.

Arizona - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.
The Cards reach for their clearcut #1 need.

Washington - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
The best DT in the draft, hands down.

Minnesota - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
Arguably the top player overall, but could go a bit lower because of his position and team needs.

Houston - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Awesome talent, but durability issues cause him to slide.

Miami - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt
The new coach will influence this pick, but the best defensive back available will be in consideration.

Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
A ballhawk and field general like Landry would do wonders for the Falcon defense.

San Francisco - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
May not be popular among fans, but there will be better value at corner in the second round than WR.

Buffalo - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The departure of Petrino could push him towards the NFL.

St. Louis - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
The teen sensation continues to rise. His ability at 19 is amazing, and in a few years could be scary.

Carolina - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
With or without Dan Morgan, help at linebacker is needed.

Pittsburgh - Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
His versatility would bring immediate help at guard or tackle.

Green Bay - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
Could end up as the top CB after workouts. Editors note: Surprisingly, Cason just announced he won't enter the draft. Nelson, Ginn, and Lynch are all options for the Packers.

Jacksonville - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
Major upside at end, and could go even higher. The Jaguars could have the best young line in the game with this pick.

Cincinnati - DeMarcus Tyler, DT, North Carolina St.
Controlling the line of scrimmage will help bring some consistency to the Bengal defense.

Tennessee - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio St.
His upside as a gamebreaker make him a great fit with Vince Young.

NY Giants - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
Some may want to give Brandon Jacobs a shot, but Coughlin must find a back that can do what Tiki Barber did as an all around threat, and Lynch does that.

Denver - Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia
He has fallen a bit, but workouts could push him right back up.

New England (from Sea) - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St.
It’s time for the Patriots to get younger at linebacker.

Dallas - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
Could form the best safety duo in the league with Roy Williams in no time.

Kansas City - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio St. The Chiefs need to upgrade the DT spot.

New Orleans - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
The Saints have an explosive offense. Now its time to address the defense.

NY Jets - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St.
Didn’t have the senior year expected, but may be the most physically gifted corner.

Philadelphia - Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
His size and athletic ability would make him a great target.

New England - Michael Griffin, S, Texas
The Pats loaded up on offense last year, this year it’s defense.

Indianapolis - Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida St.
His speed is a perfect fit for the Indy defense.

Baltimore - LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
If Thomas leaves, Woodley could step right in for him.

Chicago - Zach Miller, TE, Arizona St.
Grossman needs a safety net, and Miller is a great receiver from the TE spot.

San Diego - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
They have some talent, but nobody with gamebreaking ability.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 10:58 AM
If this happens I'd go on a F*CKIN shooting spree

Chief Roundup
01-13-2007, 11:09 AM
guess that is not who you want.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 11:12 AM
guess that is not who you want.

Pitcock is a very average NT that in any other year would fall into the mid to late second round.

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Have the Bills given up on JP Losman?

Mecca
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Have the Bills given up on JP Losman?

No......this mock in many ways makes no sense at all.

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks Mecca, though my question was of a rhetorical nature to point out the stupidity of at least that one pick.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 11:45 AM

perfect example

Arizona - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.
The Cards reach for their clearcut #1 need.

Mecca
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
This mock also doesn't take drafting strategy into account.....like the Eagles never pick WR's in the first round.......

Or a guy like Ted Ginn who will throw up a stunning workout will go higher than that.

milkman
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
This mock also doesn't take drafting strategy into account.....like the Eagles never pick WR's in the first round.......

Or a guy like Ted Ginn who will throw up a stunning workout will go higher than that.

Most of these mocks will bear any resemblence to the updated ones that come out after the combines.

Hopefully Jarret's combine numbers will lower his stock, as I think we both expect.

A question that you might be able to shed some light on is what you think of Justin Harrell, and where do you see him in the draft?

Could he be a late second rounder?

Basileus777
01-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Quinn Pitcock sucks, I hope to god we don't draft him....

And Levi Brown in the top 5....umm....not going to happen.

Mecca
01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Based on Harrell's report he could fit our scheme but...he has 2 problems that I'm sure will concern everyone here.

He's injury prone.....and he "has an inconsistent motor". Obviously his strengths do fit what we do on defense but I'm thinking he's probably going in the 3rd round...and according to this his workout numbers with weights don't translate to the field..

Sounds like a boom or bust type of guy.....I'm going to say late 2nd probably some time in the 3rd he goes due to durability issues.

01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
NY Jets - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St.

I would be shocked if that happened..I think the Jets are either trading this pick for Michael Turner..or will draft a DT/NT or DE/pass rusher..but..not a CB..they probably will go after Asante Samuel of the Patriots in free agency

OnTheWarpath15
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
From top to bottom, this might be the most ridiculous mock I've seen...

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Jeff Samardzija would be the pick I'd go for if the chips fell like this or Woodley if this unlikely scenario occured

milkman
01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Based on Harrell's report he could fit our scheme but...he has 2 problems that I'm sure will concern everyone here.

He's injury prone.....and he "has an inconsistent motor". Obviously his strengths do fit what we do on defense but I'm thinking he's probably going in the 3rd round...and according to this his workout numbers with weights don't translate to the field..

Sounds like a boom or bust type of guy.....I'm going to say late 2nd probably some time in the 3rd he goes due to durability issues.

The problem with reports is that they are inconsistent.

I was listening to Tenn game on the radio during the season, and the game announcers said that the Tenn defense missed his "motor".

I haven't seen Tenn in the last couple of years, so I don't have any feel for him myself.

I do like the fact that he tried to paly through the injury that sidelined him this last season.

But his measurables and numbers do seem to indicate he's a good fit for our style of D, which is the reason I've become interested in learning about him..

Mecca
01-13-2007, 12:15 PM
The thing I read said he put off his surgery for a week so he could play against Florida, one of thier main rivals. Then had his surgery after that and that was the plan from the beginning.

milkman
01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
That may well be, but even just that much speaks to desire.

RJ
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions can’t go wrong with either QB.

That's funny.....the Lions and "can't go wrong" in the same sentence......when the subject is the draft. Good one.

ck_IN
01-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Considering that its January and the juniors have barely started declaring I'd say this is a pretty good mock. The Cards clearly need Oline and I think Brown is listed as the 2nd best. They could probably trade down and get him but this mock doesn't appear to take trades into account.

Loseman played better but on paper Brohm is an upgrade. I wouldn't blame them a bit.

Lynch to the Giants makes perfect sense and Pittcock to KC wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Chiefnj
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Pitcock would be a huge reach for KC in the first.

El Jefe
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Tribal Warfare, I am a huge OSU fan and I would hate to see us take Pittcock in the 1st round, he is good but not 1st round good IMO, and I have watched him for 4 years.

Tribal Warfare
01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Tribal Warfare, I am a huge OSU fan and I would hate to see us take Pittcock in the 1st round, he is good but not 1st round good IMO

I concur, he's stable in holding his gap, but doesn't have true playmaking ability in getting to the ballcarrier

El Jefe
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Agreed I would take him if he is there in the 2nd round he is consistent against the run, honestly I would take David Patterson our other DT and I think we could get him in the 3rd or 4th, at that spot I would take him he can get some pressure and is solid against the run.

htismaqe
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Pitcock will likely end up playing in a 3-4...