PDA

View Full Version : Madden Question

chiefbowe82
01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
My friend likes to run the Atlanta Jim Mora offense with the Tennessee Titans he likes to go either 4 or 5 wide with Vince Young at QB and runs a number of plays that i just can't defend such as a WR screen he has vince young in the shot gun and runs clear to the left with him and has his precision passing to the far left (my d-line can't get pressure to get to vince young who has incredible speed) then stop and whips his precision back to the "B" receiver and fires it over there and the computer sets up perfect blocks over there which my players have a hell of a time fighting out of even when i lock on to them. Another play is he has 2 WR set out split left and the far left receiver simply slants in while the othere receiver crosses past him in his pattern which cause my two defenders to pretty well run in to each other freeing the WR. The only D i found that seems to shut it down is a cover 2 defense but if i play cover 2 all he simply has to do is line it up and run her boys. Any suggestions on how to defeat this?

Psyko Tek
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
hit him over the head with your controller
then strangle him with the cord

Simplex3
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd start by adding some more punctuation and a paragraph or two to your post.

chiefbowe82
01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
it's a rought draft bitch

BWillie
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Stop playing on PRO mode against each other. Bump it up to All-Madden should help.

chiefbowe82
01-14-2007, 10:31 PM
we play all-madden

HMc
01-14-2007, 10:36 PM
all madden seems far more realistic, throwing into quadruple coverage actually results in an incompletion. what i can't get going in madden is any sort of running game going, it gets shutdown behind the LOS

suds79
01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Well it's hard to dissect in just one paragraph and maybe it's just that you're friend is really good because I've found that most screen plays in Madden are cr@p but this is what I'd do.

I find most people who play as running QBs love to roll out and use their skills. They do this to buy time and hit a wide open WRs for big plays.

What I do against mobile QBs:

- Play a lot of dime defenses and blitz the slot CBs. (Forces him to stay in the pocket and read plays. Somthing that guys who play as mobile QBs don't like to do or are not used to doing)
- When I'm not in the dime, I might play as a DE, cheat him real wide and slide the D-line to the opposite side. (again lot letting him get outside of the pocket)
- Generally always have a Safeties in a cover 2. (force him to be patient enough to drive all the way down the filed.)

What I'd do if I were you:

- Move the CB to play press on the WR getting the screen. Not the whole team. Just that CB.
- Run the ball a lot. Control the clock. This frustrates the other players when they hardly ever get their boy on the field. After all that's why they pick teams like the Titans & Falcons.
- Make them prove they're willing to run the ball before you concern yourself with it. I think most guys who like to play as mobile QBs don't run enough.

Good luck.

Thig Lyfe
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Also, use QB spies with your fastest linebacker.

HMc
01-14-2007, 11:01 PM
my flatmate gets the shits when i play with vick or young, he just hates it

KChiefer
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I think suds79 pretty much nailed it. I love playing Vick fans when they only have a roll out style. Blitz the corner and they're toast!

BWillie
01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
my flatmate gets the shits when i play with vick or young, he just hates it

I think they make running QB's too effective in Madden, but I concur that using CB blitzes against those individuals usually works well. Since it's a video game, and you have no peripheral vision, you really can't see a CB coming very well. CB blitzes work alot less with the computer, but are much much more effective against human opponents.

Rausch
01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
QB vision might be the worst thing to ever happen to Madden football.

I'm pretty much ambidextrous and the $#it gives me problems...

Hammock Parties
01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
QB vision might be the worst thing to ever happen to Madden football.

Turn it off.

Rausch
01-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Turn it off.

You can't on All Madden.

And playing all pro is a joke...

KChiefer
01-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Turn it off.

Can you turn off QB Vision and still play the cpu on All-Madden this year?

I was trying to the other day and it wouldn't let me. I'm stuck in a zone were I cream the cpu on All-Pro, but can't hang with QB vision on All-Madden.

Rausch
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Can you turn off QB Vision and still play the cpu on All-Madden this year?

I was trying to the other day and it wouldn't let me. I'm stuck in a zone were I cream the cpu on All-Pro, but can't hang with QB vision on All-Madden.

Ditto.

On the PS2 you can't turn it off on All Madden.

The problem is you have to use your right thumb to aim the QB vision and to throw the ball. So unless your cone is as big as Jupiter it's a pain in the ass to aim+throw accurately.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Yes, I play w/o QB vision on All Madden every day.

Regarding the thread starter:

Try Dime: Double Wide, and use your right thumbstick to call a lot of non-obvious blitzes and runs.

"LB, RS Down" will get your DE's to crash inside to stop the run without them shifting to make your run commit obvious

"RB RS Down" will blitz all your backers, push the RS up and you'll put them all in short zones.

KChiefer
01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
So unless your cone is as big as Jupiter it's a pain in the ass to aim+throw accurately.

Which then makes 90% of the QBs worthless. I'm sure if I practiced, I could get better. And the last time I checked, a QBs head isn't that slow. Are there ways to quick shift to different WR after the snap?

On '07? How? Do you turn it off Vision "in-game"? When I try to go to All-Madden from the settings screen it forces Vision.

madshaw16
01-15-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't think there are any quick shifts after the snap, I just find a certain route that I like and just put the vision on that reciever.

Rausch
01-15-2007, 12:05 AM

Not on the PS2 you don't...

Rausch
01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Which then makes 90% of the QBs worthless.

Exactly.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 12:15 AM
You can't on All Madden.

Interesting. You can on the PC version. :D

BWillie
01-15-2007, 01:55 AM
I've heard they are going to take QB vision off of 2008 since 99% of all people hate the shit out of it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Which then makes 90% of the QBs worthless. I'm sure if I practiced, I could get better. And the last time I checked, a QBs head isn't that slow. Are there ways to quick shift to different WR after the snap?

On '07? How? Do you turn it off Vision "in-game"? When I try to go to All-Madden from the settings screen it forces Vision.

I play the 360 version.

KurtCobain
01-15-2007, 02:33 AM
My friend likes to run the Atlanta Jim Mora offense with the Tennessee Titans he likes to go either 4 or 5 wide with Vince Young at QB and runs a number of plays that i just can't defend such as a WR screen he has vince young in the shot gun and runs clear to the left with him and has his precision passing to the far left (my d-line can't get pressure to get to vince young who has incredible speed) then stop and whips his precision back to the "B" receiver and fires it over there and the computer sets up perfect blocks over there which my players have a hell of a time fighting out of even when i lock on to them. Another play is he has 2 WR set out split left and the far left receiver simply slants in while the othere receiver crosses past him in his pattern which cause my two defenders to pretty well run in to each other freeing the WR. The only D i found that seems to shut it down is a cover 2 defense but if i play cover 2 all he simply has to do is line it up and run her boys. Any suggestions on how to defeat this?

you need a better kicker.

mcan
01-15-2007, 03:28 AM
As for the QB Vision, i think it makes things a bit more realistic, and adds a nice dimension to the game. A QB can't just throw to someone when he isn't looking!

But using the R3 joystick for QB vision would be annoying as hell. Don't PAN the QB Vision... Hold R2 and hit the button for the reciever, the QB vision goes immediately to that reciever. Then hit the reciever button again to throw the ball. That's how it's meant to be used. QB looks, then throws... The only problem is that if you let go of R2, then hit it again, the QB pump-fakes, which can often lead to a sack if you do it while being pressured.

Eleazar
01-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Why turn the QB vision off? It's realism. You can look off defensive players even when you are playing another human. If you want to play the game without it... why not just buy NFL Blitz or something?

In my experience online on the regular xbox version, most everyone has a tendency to either always run or always pass in a critical situation, they will have favorite plays that they tend to execute once every drive, or favorite players they are always trying to get the ball to. You have to pick up on their tendencies early.

suds79
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't mind QB vision.

While I'm not crazy about it, they have to do something to give the good passers an edge.

Otherwise, the best QBs in the game would always be guys like Vick & Young.

You just gotta use the R2 feature for switching guys as mcan said.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Why turn the QB vision off? It's realism. You can look off defensive players even when you are playing another human. If you want to play the game without it... why not just buy NFL Blitz or something?

That's a stretch. The game is not NFL blitz without it.

I turn it off because it's unrealistic. A real quarterback can turn his head much faster than I can get that damn cone to go where I want.

mcan
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
That's a stretch. The game is not NFL blitz without it.

I turn it off because it's unrealistic. A real quarterback can turn his head much faster than I can get that damn cone to go where I want.

Don't pan with R3.
Switch with R2.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't pan with R3.
Switch with R2.

I don't use a gamepad...