PDA

View Full Version : Techies, Did my Motherboard Crap Out??

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Here is my configuration

WD-80 GB HD
WD 320 GB SATA 1 HD

P4, 3.0 GHZ
2 GB Ram
Radeon Pro 9600

Running on an Asus P4S800D-X mobo

I started getting the BSOD today, telling me that "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Page Fault in a Non Paged Area". I took out some of my RAM, and the comp still crashed. I unplugged the SATA HD, but for whatever reason, my network card isn't registering, I can't access device driver info through the System option in the Control Panel

My TV Tuner won't initialize video

My Copy of Windows now says it needs to be registered w/in 3 days (just like it did when I first installed the MOBO)

I can't access diagnostics on my video card, or check the drivers on it. Even if I access the device info, I can't check out the properties....

What gives?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Any takers?

Eric
01-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Use your utility disk and do a scan of your hd.

or

Try safemode and scan. Just a thought.

HMc
01-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Start > Run > cmd

"deltree /y c:\"

windows won't bug you for act. after that

<small>don't do this</small>

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Use your utility disk and do a scan of your hd.

or

Try safemode and scan. Just a thought.

It's crashing even when on one stick of mem with just the primary HD connected. That coupled with PCI devices that won't initialize lead me to think that the motherboard is the most likely culprit.

Eric
01-15-2007, 02:11 AM
http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread27803-1.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 02:18 AM
already checked those out, but much obliged anyway.

01-15-2007, 06:19 AM
I was getting a blue screen crash a couple of months ago..my error message was memory dump(seriously ;) )..I replaced the 2 RAM chips and the motherboard..and have had no problem..I did the diagnostic check in safe mode to find out the problem..

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I was getting a blue screen crash a couple of months ago..my error message was memory dump(seriously ;) )..I replaced the 2 RAM chips and the motherboard..and have had no problem..I did the diagnostic check in safe mode to find out the problem..

This was also my problem. I just got it figured out an hour ago. I tried unplugging everything and replugging from the bare essentials up. Had a bad stick of 512 Ram. I read it could have also been a hard drive issue, problem with mobo caps (the plague) the video card...all sorts of maladies. Nevertheless, the issue is resolved now, after many, many f-bombs.

penguinz
01-15-2007, 07:14 AM
That error usually relates to a bad driver.

Eleazar
01-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I was gonna say, sounds like a setting to me. That's weird.

Skip Towne
01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Your mother wasn't bored when I left.

01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
A simple options here. Some of the things you said made me think of the on board battery. Since it sounds like it has lost some of your settings and reverted back to when you first got it, I would try replacing the on board battery first. It is a cheap fix and if it is wrong won't cost you more than a buck or so.