PDA

View Full Version : You know what Chiefs fans? Tynes MUST go

RedThat
01-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I think so.

Tynes has been an inconsistent kicker for us.

Did you know he is the 24th ranked kicker in the league this year?
He's missed 4 extra points in the last 3 years. 4 extra points in the last 3 years?!?! Thats inconsistency.

He is 14/24 kicking FG's between 40-49 yards in his career...thats 58%

Also, he is 6/11 kicking from 50 yards and beyond...thats 54%

Okay I give him some props, he been perfect in his career kicking fgs 20-29 yards. And from 30-39 yards he is 23/27...for 85%

His overall FG % in his career is 78%. To me, thats nothing special.

*To me, the way I look at it, we got him for cheap, and he is like one of those fill in guys who you at least hope can be adequate at his job. But I just see him, no different than an underachieving kicker. Who'll probably get cut. I just see him being one of those guys cracking under pressure.

Kicker is a very important position. A lot of times it is underlooked. I think we need a kicker. Just ask the Colts. Vinatieri was a GREAT signing, definately money in the bank imo.

HMc
01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
you can't expect mush better than 50% for 50 and beyond from guys not kicking in domes.

the 40-49 should be better though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-15-2007, 02:07 AM
100% from the 20's NOT including last week, of course...

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 02:11 AM

Tynes - 78 percent

Vinatieri - 82 percent

Andersen - 79 percent

Anderson - 80.1 percent

Bugeater
01-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Yep, all we need is a new kicker and we'll be Super Bowl bound.

SPchief
01-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Brilliant!!!!

PastorMikH
01-15-2007, 02:36 AM
While there are other kickers that are a bit more accurate, and there are other kickers that can get the ball in the endzone more, there are a lot of kickers out there that are worse than Tynes.

I'd be for bringing a kicker or two to compete with Tynes but they would need to either have a solid record with another team or show me A LOT more than Tynes in pre-season before I'd call for a switch.

el borracho
01-15-2007, 02:38 AM
If only the Chargers hadn't drafted Kaeding out from under us!!!

(just adding to the nonsense)

Sure-Oz
01-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Tynes is far from our problem. He hasn't been that bad honestly. Besides that 22 yarder in the playoffs.

RedThat
01-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Tynes is far from our problem. He hasn't been that bad honestly. Besides that 22 yarder in the playoffs.

A kicker missing an extra point every year, thats pretty bad.

He is a problem. Inconsistent. Im tellin ya, a kicker is sooooo underlooked.

*I'll bet he will crack under pressure. All ready did imo.

SPchief
01-15-2007, 02:43 AM

You're right, lets go replace our kicker and we will be superbowl bound

Bugeater
01-15-2007, 02:45 AM
That's the second time you've repeated something I've posted today. :shake:

KurtCobain
01-15-2007, 02:45 AM

Which could've gaven us some damn momentum.

kicker = damon huard. special teams would rally around him.

SPchief
01-15-2007, 02:47 AM
That's the second time you've repeated something I've posted today. :shake:

Stalker.

Post the links please

Bugeater
01-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Stalker.

Post the links please
We want the ball, and we're going to score!

SPchief
01-15-2007, 02:51 AM
We want the ball, and we're going to score!

You said it first.

But I was just repeating what was being said on the TV

AND everybody said it at the time

Bugeater
01-15-2007, 02:57 AM
You said it first.

But I was just repeating what was being said on the TV

AND everybody said it at the time
Stalker.

Halfcan
01-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Tynes is 100% in kicking a bouncers ass from 5-10 feet away.

KurtCobain
01-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Tynes is far from our problem.

...but he's not american!

HMc
01-15-2007, 03:55 AM

actually missing an extra point every year is a good demonstration of consistency.

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2007, 04:01 AM
I don't mind Tynes, on the whole, but if better options arise, that would be nice.

You're right, lets go replace our kicker and we will be superbowl boundI agree. Let's don't address our problems because they aren't the absolute biggest areas of need! Then we'll be Super Bowl bound for sure!

SLQ
01-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Now that we are down to 4 teams in the SB run we are going to return to attacking our team and looking for a single scapegoat?

We have more problems than a kicker, who by the way, is better than any we've had in recent years. We have zero offense outside of Trent, LJ and TG.

donkhater
01-15-2007, 06:21 AM
He won the game against SD with a 50+ yard kick. That was AFTER a penalty that set him back another 5 yards. That was a clutch kick.

There are worse kickers than Tynes. I wouldn't turn down an upgrade, but it isn't a lock that you'll get someone better.

Bob Dole
01-15-2007, 07:40 AM
There are worse kickers than Tynes.
Name 3.

J Diddy
01-15-2007, 07:44 AM
actually missing an extra point every year is a good demonstration of consistency.

ROFL

Chiefs_Fan
01-15-2007, 07:50 AM
We have to have someboy to replace him with before we let him go. He could have done much worse this year.

crazycoffey
01-15-2007, 07:53 AM

To be fair, we had the top scoring offense two of those three years, so he was kicking more. More attempts equals a greater propensity for mistakes. Therefore he was actually worse this year. Even with that said, he is around # 20 on the Chiefs list of 21 things to improve on.

htismaqe
01-15-2007, 08:01 AM
MUST go? Nah.

But we should DEFINITELY bring in some competition.

Chiefs_Fan
01-15-2007, 08:13 AM
MUST go? Nah.

But we should DEFINITELY bring in some competition.

That is the right approach. Make hime sweat a little and get him back on his game!

Bob Dole
01-15-2007, 08:45 AM
There are better kickers bagging groceries at PuuuuuuuuuuuuuuRICE Chopper.

Eleazar
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Definitely need some competition.

I wouldn't be against using a pick on a kicker if we could solve this once and for all. It worked with Colquitt.

Simplex3
01-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Better yet, we'll ignore the K while we fix everything else, then when we need him in the playoffs he can bang another one off the uprights. Maybe he can even miss 3 in one game! That would be cool!

Bugeater
01-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Wow, SP is taking a beating in this thread. I sure am glad no one noticed I said the same thing.

ck_IN
01-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I hear Vanderjacht is still available. He's the most accurate kicker in history. Just ask him.

RealSNR
01-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Let's trade our 1st rounder for Steve Gostkowski!!!!!11

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Underlooked?

RealSNR
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Underlooked?
Yes.

HemiEd
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Tynes is fine IMO, the Chiefs have more serious problems to worry about. How many of the problems have been due to the holder? Colquitt is getting more experienced at it.

Skip Towne
01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Since we have Herm and re scoring fewer TD'ds, we must have a good kicker. We will need about 8 FG's per game.

Time's Yours
01-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Better yet, we'll ignore the K while we fix everything else, then when we need him in the playoffs he can bang another one off the uprights. Maybe he can even miss 3 in one game! That would be cool!

EXACTLY!!! When Tynes missed that kick in the Colts game, everyone around the TV was like "here we go again..."

TRR
01-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Tynes makes me sick. The extra point misses are ridiculous, and he misses some easy kicks. I would love to dump Tynes, and go with another kicker. I have 0 confidence in Tynes what-so-ever.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
on the scale for our team needs a new kicker ranks about 15th.

PastorMikH
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Tynes is fine IMO, the Chiefs have more serious problems to worry about. How many of the problems have been due to the holder? Colquitt is getting more experienced at it.

It's NEVER the holder's fault (nor the long-snapper's fault).

I wonder why we have Colquite holding in the first place. It makes more sense to me to have someone like a backup QB or RB holding. That way you at least have the option of a fake FG.

FAX
01-15-2007, 11:01 AM

I wonder why we have Colquite holding. It makes more sense to me to have someone like a backup QB or RB holding. That way you at least have the option of a fake FG.

I've considered this as well, Mr. PastorMikH. Herm must have some sort of master plan here.

Like, maybe, we have a special play where Colquitt fakes a muffed hold, fakes a run to the left and fakes a throw, or something clever.

FAX

PastorMikH
01-15-2007, 11:07 AM
I've considered this as well, Mr. PastorMikH. Herm must have some sort of master plan here.

Like, maybe, we have a special play where Colquitt fakes a muffed hold, fakes a run to the left and fakes a throw, or something clever.

FAX

A play like that has a really good chance at going for a TD!

Extra Point
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
If we have to depend on a kicker to get points on the board, we need to look at improving our offense. Same story, over and over and....

StcChief
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Tynes is fine for what Chiefs are paying.

Let's not go back to get a new (OLD) one out on the waiver wire approach...

We have bigger problems to solve

Baby Lee
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Underlooked?
Sorry, hypoassessed.

TRR
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
on the scale for our team needs a new kicker ranks about 15th.
In no particular order...

LT
RG (possibly)
QB (possibly)
WR
DT
CB (depth)
K

I would put Tynes close to the top of things KC needs to fix this offseason. The QB issue will be solved by either keeping Green, or signing Huard, and grooming Croyle. The RG or the LT position will be filled by one of the in house guys (Welbourn, Terry, Svitek, Sampson, Black). WR is still an issue, and is in definite need of an upgrade. DT is as well. I would put the order like this...

DL
OL
WR
K
CB
QB

bringbackmarty
01-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Tynes - 78 percent

Vinatieri - 82 percent

Andersen - 79 percent

Anderson - 80.1 percent

Lets look at some other playoff, or recent playoff teams kickers.

Carney - 92 % (mostly short, but a long of 51 this season)

Gostkowski 76.9 but he is 10-11 in the 20-29.

Gould - 88.9%

Akers 78.3 %

gRamatica has only missed two, and is perfect under 40 yds, only nine attempts, but perfect in postseason. - 78 %

Kaeding 89% - 1 pretty important miss.

nugent, 89%

Stover 93%

Gostowski is by far the worst, followed by vinateri of the remaining playoff kickers. most of the playoff kickers were in the upper 80's in terms of percentage. Gramatica would have been there too if he didn't come in so late in the season.

Simplex3
01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
If we have to depend on a kicker to get points on the board, we need to look at improving our offense. Same story, over and over and....
Better get used to it. This is Sperman's offense to a "T".

KurtCobain
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
When grading a kicker you also have to look at kicking conditions. Who kicks indoors at home, bad weather city, how close the team on average sets up FGs, etc..

petegz28
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
you forgot to mention the constant kickoffs tot he 15 yard line

crazycoffey
01-15-2007, 01:48 PM

LT
RG (possibly)
QB (possibly)
WR
DT
CB (depth)
K

I would put Tynes close to the top of things KC needs to fix this offseason. The QB issue will be solved by either keeping Green, or signing Huard, and grooming Croyle. The RG or the LT position will be filled by one of the in house guys (Welbourn, Terry, Svitek, Sampson, Black). WR is still an issue, and is in definite need of an upgrade. DT is as well. I would put the order like this...

DL
OL
WR
K
CB
QBNo guarantee about the QB situation or the inhouse guys being that great, fill ins at least, hope for more, but.... we'll see. sampson and wilbourn are gone, welbourne didnt' want to come back this year, but was talked into it after Roaf left. I'd say the list is more like this

LT
RG
WR-1 - we don't have a number 1 WR
DT
RT
MLB - Mitchell wants to see what else is out there, and he isn't working in our scheme
CB - youth, make this two CBs if we don't want Law back
WR-2 - replacement for samie and/or Eddie
ROLB - Bell not the answer, maybe fox, but we need another if we let Bell go. (can we trade him?)
Another young QB - bump this up a few spots if there are any doubts in the coaches minds.
DT depth, one is nice, but there are a few leaving.
C - I like Casey, and with a stronger line hope he could do better, but he is made for pulling.
DE for depth, Eric is all we got, and that ain't saying much, what happens when Jarrad is out
K - need improvement? certainly all positions but LOLB, DE starters, HB, and saftey need attention, but I say K is way down here, IMO

TRR
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
No guarantee about the QB situation or the inhouse guys being that great, fill ins at least, hope for more, but.... we'll see. sampson and wilbourn are gone, welbourne didnt' want to come back this year, but was talked into it after Roaf left. I'd say the list is more like this

LT
LG
WR-1 - we don't have a number 1 WR
DT
RT
MLB - Mitchell wants to see what else is out there, and he isn't working in our scheme
CB - youth, make this two CBs if we don't want Law back
WR-2 - replacement for samie and/or Eddie
ROLB - Bell not the answer, maybe fox, but we need another if we let Bell go. (can we trade him?)
Another young QB - bump this up a few spots if there are any doubts in the coaches minds.
DT depth, one is nice, but there are a few leaving.
C - I like Casey, and with a stronger line hope he could do better, but he is made for pulling.
DE for depth, Eric is all we got, and that ain't saying much, what happens when Jarrad is out
K - need improvement? certainly all positions but LOLB, DE starters, HB, and saftey need attention, but I say K is way down here, IMO
I disagree whole heartedly. Why would we need a LG? Last I checked, Brian Waters dominates there every game. You can pick up CB depth, O Line, and D Line depth in rounds 5, 6, and 7. Also, Welbourn will without a doubt, be back next season with KC unless he is cut. Welbourn is probably the favorite to take over at RG for Will Shields. We have so many O Lineman on this team, it's ridiculous. Between Waters, Weigmann, Shields, Black, Sampson, Svitek, Terry, Welbourn, and Stallings, KC should be able to field a good O Line with possibly one added LT.

Your talking about adding depth. I will always put a starting kicker ahead of depth at DL and CB.

I guess I'd have to add to that your high if you think KC is going to find a #1 and #2 WR this offseason to replace both Kennison and Parker, and finding a QB better than our 3 in house right now.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Lets look at some other playoff, or recent playoff teams kickers.

Carney - 92 % (mostly short, but a long of 51 this season)

Gostkowski 76.9 but he is 10-11 in the 20-29.

Gould - 88.9%

Akers 78.3 %

gRamatica has only missed two, and is perfect under 40 yds, only nine attempts, but perfect in postseason. - 78 %

Kaeding 89% - 1 pretty important miss.

nugent, 89%

Stover 93%

Gostowski is by far the worst, followed by vinateri of the remaining playoff kickers. most of the playoff kickers were in the upper 80's in terms of percentage. Gramatica would have been there too if he didn't come in so late in the season.

I'm talking about CAREER percentage. Taking one single season proves nothing.

penchief
01-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Exactly. I'm more concerned about that. If Tynes could consistently put it in the endzone on kickoffs I'd forgive him for missing a chip shot every now and then. But if he's not going to get any depth on his KOs it's hard to forgive him for missing clutch field goals of 45 yards or less.

Overall, he's probably an above average field goal kicker but his subpar kickoffs makes him easily replaceable, IMO.

HemiEd
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM

I wonder why we have Colquite holding in the first place. It makes more sense to me to have someone like a backup QB or RB holding. That way you at least have the option of a fake FG.

Excellent point, I have always thought it should be the #2 qb that is doing the holding. I do see some lojic for sending #1 and #2 out there at the same time, but it is kind of lame. Colquitt showed this season why he is a kicker and not a qb.

HemiEd
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
A play like that has a really good chance at going for a TD!

for the other team. :cuss:

crazycoffey
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I disagree whole heartedly. Why would we need a LG? Last I checked, Brian Waters dominates there every game. You can pick up CB depth, O Line, and D Line depth in rounds 5, 6, and 7. Also, Welbourn will without a doubt, be back next season with KC unless he is cut. Welbourn is probably the favorite to take over at RG for Will Shields. We have so many O Lineman on this team, it's ridiculous. Between Waters, Weigmann, Shields, Black, Sampson, Svitek, Terry, Welbourn, and Stallings, KC should be able to field a good O Line with possibly one added LT.

Your talking about adding depth. I will always put a starting kicker ahead of depth at DL and CB.

I guess I'd have to add to that your high if you think KC is going to find a #1 and #2 WR this offseason to replace both Kennison and Parker, and finding a QB better than our 3 in house right now.
sorry, I meant RG, not LG, I will fix that.

But we have a good starting K, I am talking about bigger needs, and I said it was only my opinion.

Welbourn tried to retire before this year, you want him to stay, how long?
We'll see about Svitek, I hope he adds up, Terry and Stallings? OK I can dream too, but Sampson is perpetually injured and doesn't do that good anyway, he's gone, Black did you see him this year? Put him at RG if you want, that I can live with, but you forgot about Turley, where do you want to put him? I like casey, but he didn't look strong this year, is he declining? Is the style of running for LJ not suited for him? I don't know.

So I really believe that Welbourn will retire, again, Shields will Retire, Turley and Sampson are not suitable, that makes 4 OL we need, bare minimum, just to keep depth. Waters, Casey, Black, Maybe Svitek, then one OL is needed just to field the team, what about depth, don't you care about back ups????? Isnt' that more important than adding a kicker???

crazycoffey
01-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Eddie is old, does he retire? Does he stay on one more declining year, dropping passes, ok, but we need a Number one WR. Sammie is a free agent, think we will resign him? Maybe, maybe not, but that takes up one of the two WR spots I was talking about, Sammie or no Sammy, we need to address his position.

Huard or Green will not be here next year. I wouldn't be surprised if neither are. Green could pull a Willie at the start of training camp. More than Likely Huard is the one that is gone and we have green. you are not wanting to add another QB to our roster for his spot? You have that much confidence in Printers and Brodie?

If a player leaves or could leave than that equates to an area of concern. Players will be leaving or resigned, that is the first priority, I think I covered those areas. Positions that were weaker than K were also covered. If we draft or trade or sign a high price FA kicker than I will eat my words, but at the end of the day you are stupid if you think K is a high priority.

bringbackmarty
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
My guess is that every year the teams that make the playoffs have kickers in the upper 80's by and large.

it's an important part of the game, and tynes sucks.

bringbackmarty
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
so suckit gochiefs

bringbackmarty
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
you fat bitch

Mr. Laz
01-15-2007, 03:17 PM

LT
RG (possibly)
QB (possibly)
WR
DT
CB (depth)
K

DL
OL
WR
K
CB
QB
1. LT(since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the Oline)
2. RT(since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the Oline)
3. QB (since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the QB)
4. Defensive tackle
5. Center (weigmann doesn't fit a power offense)
6. Defensive tackle
7. RG (Shields is done, Black? Steriod Boy?)
8. LDE (Allen is a RFA, but still needs signed)
9. Safety (Page looks good, Pollard hasn't really done anything on D)
10. WR (Although we spent our cash on Tony)
11. OLB (Bell out ... Fox can't stay healthy)
12. MLB (Mitchell is a free agent)
13. New contract for LJ (not high, will will have to happen imo)
14. TE (Dunn still able to go with back problem?)
15. Tynes (if we find an easy upgrade then do it ... but only if it's easy)

crazycoffey
01-15-2007, 03:26 PM
1. LT(since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the Oline)
2. RT(since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the Oline)
3. QB (since everyone insists that it wasn't Herm/solari, it was the QB)
4. Defensive tackle
5. Center (weigmann doesn't fit a power offense)
6. Defensive tackle
7. RG (Shields is done, Black? Steriod Boy?)
8. LDE (Allen is a RFA, but still needs signed)
9. Safety (Page looks good, Pollard hasn't really done anything on D)
10. WR (Although we spent our cash on Tony)
11. OLB (Bell out ... Fox can't stay healthy)
12. MLB (Mitchell is a free agent)
13. New contract for LJ (not high, will will have to happen imo)
14. TE (Dunn still able to go with back problem?)
15. Tynes (if we find an easy upgrade then do it ... but only if it's easy)

Good Call

madshaw16
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM

This is my biggest problem with him, we don't have a great defense and they can use every advantage they can get, and giving them a shortened field is not a good thing. I also have no faith in Tynes, I knew he was going to miss the field goal against the Raiders and was even scared on the one in Indy, both of which he missed. I have been a soccer player my whole life, including in college and I know that I could kickoff farther than him and at least compete with his field goals and I have never played football.

Redrum_69
01-15-2007, 03:28 PM
That Chargers kicker may be looking for a new job...we should get him.

We should strive to build the best offensive team...try to go say 14-2 or better...maybe get the number one seed and be at home for the playoffs...maybe play the COlts at home...and lose by a field goal

madshaw16
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
The sad part is that Tynes would have shanked it worse than Kaeding did.

Manila-Chief
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Since we have Herm and re scoring fewer TD'ds, we must have a good kicker. We will need about 8 FG's per game.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner folks. Herm specializes in field goals instead of T.D.s.

But, who would we get that is a better kicker? Indy signed the best one last year. I wanted Kingless to go after him then. Dallas signed the K that Indy let go of .... he was pretty good in Indy but got cut during the season. If he was injuried then we might want to consider him ... but, Tony Dungy got rid of him and said "Money" after the winning kick in Balti.

Why is it that in the last few years we've had problems at kicker??? Is that a CP problem???????

splatbass
01-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Tynes - 78 percent

Vinatieri - 82 percent

Andersen - 79 percent

Anderson - 80.1 percent

Exactly. He is just behind some of the greatest kickers in history.

Jan Stenerud is in the Hall of Fame and only made 66% of his field goals in his career (and missed two BIG ones in the 1971 AFC championship game).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud

In 1984 the NFL record for field goal percentage was 76.1%. Nick Lowery broke that one and went on to have a career mark at 80%.

78% is pretty damn good.

What are you smoking, Redbull?

Easy 6
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Tynes MUST go...

......Negatory.

Coach
01-15-2007, 09:15 PM
What bothers me is the kickoff issues. If he talks about having a strong leg and whatnot, then prove it. Kick the damned ball out of the endzone every kickoff.

HMc
01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Jose Cortez is available

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Jose Cortez is available

That's exactly what I'm afraid of...that we'd dump a solid, young kicker like Tynes for a BUM like Cortez.

HMc
01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
That's exactly what I'm afraid of...that we'd dump a solid, young kicker like Tynes for a BUM like Cortez.

i meant as a kickoff specialist. personally i think its worth spending a roster spot on a K.O specialist if your kicker can't put it in the endzone everytime (at least when conditions are neutral or better).

Deberg_1990
01-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Exactly. He is just behind some of the greatest kickers in history.

Jan Stenerud is in the Hall of Fame and only made 66% of his field goals in his career (and missed two BIG ones in the 1971 AFC championship game).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud

In 1984 the NFL record for field goal percentage was 76.1%. Nick Lowery broke that one and went on to have a career mark at 80%.

78% is pretty damn good.

What are you smoking, Redbull?

Its not so much his FG %

Its the types of kicks he misses that are frustrating....

He misses the "gimmie" kicks that every decent kicker should always make. The extra points, the 40-45 yarders with zero pressure......the kick from the 2 yard line in the Indy game last week......missing that stuff is just unacceptable to me for an NFL kicker. He does it with regularity....its become a bad trend for him.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:36 PM
i meant as a kickoff specialist. personally i think its worth spending a roster spot on a K.O specialist if your kicker can't put it in the endzone everytime (at least when conditions are neutral or better).

I agree. If Cortez can put the ball on the goalline or better with good hangtime, sign him up.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:37 PM
He misses the "gimmie" kicks that every decent kicker should always make.

Not really. He's never missed under 30 yards in his career.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Not really. He's never missed under 30 yards in his career.

Except when it mattered the most...in a close playoff game...

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:39 PM

Shit happens.

Tynes didn't lose a game for us this year. That's the most important thing to look at it when it comes to kickers. Did they blow a game?

In Tynes case...no, he didn't. And he won that San Diego game. He was also instrumental against the Broncos.

HMc
01-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I agree. If Cortez can put the ball on the goalline or better with good hangtime, sign him up.

who knows what he can do at the mo. but there's gotta be guys out there that can put it halfway into the endzone. shit, there have been longer FIELD GOALS this year than Tynes' typical KO effort.

HMc
01-15-2007, 09:43 PM
hey gochiefs does stats inc keep a record of K.O distances?

Deberg_1990
01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Shit happens.

Tynes didn't lose a game for us this year. That's the most important thing to look at it when it comes to kickers. Did they blow a game?

In Tynes case...no, he didn't. And he won that San Diego game. He was also instrumental against the Broncos.

There are far bigger problems with this team than Tynes, but he definately could use a serious push from another established kicker in camp next summer. Even if its a Vanderjat or Cortez...

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
hey gochiefs does stats inc keep a record of K.O distances?

Hell NFL.com does that.

Tynes was 22nd.

Bob Dole
01-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Hell NFL.com does that.

Tynes was 22nd.

That's really hard to believe.

Is that net or gross?

HMc
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
pretty gross if you ask me

Hammock Parties
01-15-2007, 09:57 PM
That's really hard to believe.

Is that net or gross?

Net.

On average, Tynes kicked the ball to the 8.

splatbass
01-15-2007, 10:31 PM

It didn't matter at all in that game. They beat us by far more than 3 points. The fact that the offense couldn't do anything might have had a little bit more to do with the loss than that inconsequential field goal.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2007, 10:33 PM
It didn't matter at all in that game. They beat us by far more than 3 points. The fact that the offense couldn't do anything might have had a little bit more to do with the loss than that inconsequential field goal.

Agreed, but your missing the point.....there is absolutely no excuse for an NFL kicker to miss from that distance.

Bob Dole
01-15-2007, 10:57 PM

As an observer, did the entire sequence of INT, 1st and goal from the 9, Trent's foot stepped on on 3rd down, missed what was little more than an extra point FG and come away with NOTHING, not make you feel like some Bubba had just planted his pointy-toed boot squarely on your taint?

Do you think that it might have had a similar effect on the guys who actually had to do something other than order another drink?

HMc
01-15-2007, 10:59 PM
which (oh god i shouldnt) is why they should have pulled green at the half. i mean that they just needed a change