PDA

View Full Version : Chargers lose Offensive Coordinator to Miami, TE coach leaves, too.

TinyEvel
01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Looks like some Sandy Eggo coaches are cashing in on the 14-2 season.

Marty will be needing a new OC next year, and a TE coach.

Maybe this will shake up that offense next year.

Let's hope he promotes his O-line coach.

Reerun_KC
01-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Doesnt Matter, we still have Herm...

the Talking Can
01-21-2007, 10:56 AM
smart....Marty is lame duck, a wreck waiting to happen

I'd get as far away from him as possible...

Frankie
01-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Here's a couple of OC names, Marty:

Rae
Hackett
Pendry.

Oh what the hell, bring in little bro Kurt and make HIM OC.

morphius
01-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Here's a couple of OC names, Marty:

Rae
Hackett
Pendry.

Oh what the hell, bring in little bro Kurt and make HIM OC.
I was thinking Hackett would be a perfect fit, he has taken multiple teams to the playoff's.

KChiefs1
01-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I bet Marty hires Brian as OC in Sandy Eggo.

shaneo69
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Cameron named Dolphins coach

Chargers offensive coordinator receives four-year deal
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
January 20, 2007

Cam Cameron takes over a Miami team that finished 6-10.
The expected alterations in the Chargers staff officially commenced yesterday, as Cam Cameron was named head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

“Cam Cameron is here in large part (because of) a tremendous group of men and people in San Diego,” Cameron said early in his introductory press conference in Miami. “I do want to take this opportunity to thank the people in San Diego, our fans in San Diego and the players in San Diego. As you know, we have wonderful players there.

Cameron's hiring came on the same day Chargers receivers coach James Lofton was told he will not be the head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

Coach Marty Schottenheimer said he will look in-house first for Cameron's replacement.

“My intention is that we're not going to make drastic changes in the system,” Schottenheimer said. “It's a very solid system. It's proven to be successful.”

There is also the possibility Cameron could try to hire away some of the Chargers' coaches. Any assistant wishing to leave would need the team's permission.

As for Cameron, 45, he is an NFL head coach for the first time.

“I've had a number of different coordinators,” Schottenheimer said. “ . . . He's as good as any. He has a tremendous ability on game day to sort things out and adapt.”

Cameron, who was the head coach at Indiana University from 1997 through 2001, received a four-year contract from the Dolphins.

Replacing Cam
A look at possible internal candidates for the Chargers offensive coordinator job:

James Lofton: Receivers coach is a magnificent technician, and this would be a good step toward goal of being a head coach.

John Ramsdell: The quarterbacks coach just completed his first season with the Chargers, but many consider him to be among the brightest offensive thinkers and teachers around.

Clarence Shelmon: Running backs coach thought of highly by NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson and others. He has also been running backs coach in Dallas, Seattle and for the L.A. Rams in 16 seasons as an assistant.

– KEVIN ACEE