PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe what I just saw

Nzoner
01-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know if this is real or not,who knows with what one can do with a computer but if it is all I can say is wow.

Subject: SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO BE LUCKY THAN GOOD

Look at the first picture below and you can see where this guy broke through the guard rail and left the road, traveling from right to left (where the people are on the road).
He flipped across the end of the culvert and landed on the left side of it.

Look at the second picture and you can see how lucky he was.

Pics to follow

Nzoner
01-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Nzoner
01-21-2007, 11:38 AM

mlyonsd
01-21-2007, 11:39 AM
That looks like my brother's truck.

Chief Pote
01-21-2007, 11:40 AM
That is one lucky guy.

stumppy
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of this dream I keep having about my ex.

PinkFloyd
01-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Looks like to me it took a whole bunch of angels to lift that truck just right, and keep it from going to a place where no one might have found him...

But; I'm sure there wouldn't have been nothing left of him anyway...

Easy 6
01-21-2007, 11:42 AM
WHOOOAAA!!! After seeing the 1st pic i figured there was a bad drop off, but the 2nd pic takes the cake...Holy Schnikee's

That would dirty the 'ol drawers.

Fairplay
01-21-2007, 11:45 AM
The first step is a doozy.

Sure-Oz
01-21-2007, 11:45 AM
insane

PinkFloyd
01-21-2007, 11:47 AM

I told Skip to put down the crack pipe !!!!

Just Kidding Skip !!

:p

Hydrae
01-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow. Just, wow.

cdcox
01-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Subject: SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO BE LUCKY THAN GOOD

You are presuming that he didn't try to do that.

Mr. Plow
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
That's freakin' amazing. Talk about lucky.

Bugeater
01-21-2007, 12:04 PM
I thought the purpose of guard rails was to prevent that type of thing. Talk about a false sense of security.

pr_capone
01-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I call BS on that second photo for several reasons.

1. Simply looks photoshopped

2. That first picture would not have been possible at that angle if the terrain was as is shown in the second picture.

3. God dammit... it just looksphotoshopped!

Sure-Oz
01-21-2007, 12:11 PM

2. That first picture would not have been possible at that angle if the terrain was as is shown in the second picture.

Now that i look at it closer, it seems that way. Look how close the fence is in the 1st pic and how far away it is in the 2nd?! hmm

CosmicPal
01-21-2007, 12:14 PM

At first, I was thinking the same.

But take a good look at the pic again. You will see that the front end of his truck is badly damaged. It looks like he ran into a wall. The guardrail alone couldn't do that to the truck. Plus, you can see the muffler lying on cement floor of the drainage area as well as a scrape pattern.

It is quite plausible he went soaring into that drainage area head first and flipped up and over onto the other side as he is now. He would have to be going fast enough, and one would think the guardrail would slow down enough of the thrust that would prevent him from flipping over like that. But, stranger things have happened.

Also, you have to look at the cement rail before the guardrail. It is sloped in such a position that it would act as a ramp for the vehicle.

Nzoner
01-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Now that i look at it closer, it seems that way. Look how close the fence is in the 1st pic and how far away it is in the 2nd?! hmm

Not to mention where are the firetruck and ambulance,that's the reason I put the disclaimer in the header.

Nzoner
01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
heh,now I got the mrs wondering,she's going to her puter to check it out closer

Easy 6
01-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Now that its been mentioned, it is possible that this is a bit of fiction. Its hard to believe that those 2 firemen would walk to the side of the truck facing the cliff. Looks like theres maybe only a foot between them & edge, you sure wouldnt catch me on that side without being tied off.

Hog Rider
01-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I sure wouldn't have been pokin' around on that side of the truck! Not no way, not no how!

Sure-Oz
01-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Now that its been mentioned, it is possible that this is a bit of fiction. Its hard to believe that those 2 firemen would walk to the side of the truck facing the cliff. Looks like theres maybe only a foot between them & edge, you sure wouldnt catch me on that side without being tied off.
You would think they'd have some safety equipement on, possible harnesses as well. I think it's PS.

UteChief
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure if it's real or not but if it is the guy should never leave his house. Death is going to be looking for him.

OnTheWarpath15
01-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Driver speaking to passenger: Hang on. I saw this once in a cartoon, but I'm pretty sure I can do it....."

Stewie
01-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I didn't see anything about these pics on snopes.com, so I submitted them to see if they know anything about them. It seems unlikely that these are real photos, but one never knows.

pr_capone
01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
At first, I was thinking the same.

But take a good look at the pic again. You will see that the front end of his truck is badly damaged. It looks like he ran into a wall. The guardrail alone couldn't do that to the truck. Plus, you can see the muffler lying on cement floor of the drainage area as well as a scrape pattern.

It is quite plausible he went soaring into that drainage area head first and flipped up and over onto the other side as he is now. He would have to be going fast enough, and one would think the guardrail would slow down enough of the thrust that would prevent him from flipping over like that. But, stranger things have happened.

Also, you have to look at the cement rail before the guardrail. It is sloped in such a position that it would act as a ramp for the vehicle.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=65084&stc=1

The face of that cliff is two different colors... there is nothing off to the right to make us believe that there is a large enough object to cause such as shadow (but I guess it is possible.

Also, look at the bottom left corner of the picture.

There seems to be a sand pile or something of the sort that drains down to the bottom of the picture... again 2 very different distinct colors... not to mention that it simply looks like it doesnt fit.

That is what makes me believe the second pic is a fake. The first one looks real enough to me tho.

Coach
01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Deftinaly got lucky, I'd say.

Fairplay
01-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Can't believe no ones made a bears-saints thread yet.

Halfcan
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
"Bye bye Mr. Lucky ass guy, drove his Chevy to the Levi but the levi was dry"

KCChiefsMan
01-21-2007, 04:39 PM
wow! thats incredible.......wouldn't it be really f*cked up if he died from the crash anyways?

Stewie
02-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I received an email from snopes.com this morning. The above pictures are real.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/culvert.asp

boogblaster
02-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Ride'm Cowboy ...

Chiefs_Fan
02-12-2007, 08:23 AM
WOW. Lucky.

Kraut
02-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Damn !!!

Chief Henry
02-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Dude, whata trip. If he would have gone down the cliff he probaly would have landed on a house or something.

Some posted that he had angels that day. He
was saved by several that day for sure.

siberian khatru
02-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I can't believe the rescue people are standing that close to the edge without harnesses. Talk about balls of steel.

Frazod
02-12-2007, 09:35 AM
More strange ideas about luck.

The guy wrecked his truck. That's not lucky. Granted, it's not as unlucky as falling several hundred feet to his death, but still, NOT LUCKY.

Finding $20 bill on the street = lucky.

Crashing your truck = unlucky.

seclark
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
More strange ideas about luck.

The guy wrecked his truck. That's not lucky. Granted, it's not as unlucky as falling several hundred feet to his death, but still, NOT LUCKY.

Finding $20 bill on the street = lucky.

Crashing your truck = unlucky.
no doubt shitting in your pants = unlucky
sec

tiptap
02-12-2007, 09:53 AM
And we are confident that this was the only vehicle involved? If so he was riding the outside of the rail across the cistern.

Pants
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=65084&stc=1

The face of that cliff is two different colors... there is nothing off to the right to make us believe that there is a large enough object to cause such as shadow (but I guess it is possible.

Also, look at the bottom left corner of the picture.

There seems to be a sand pile or something of the sort that drains down to the bottom of the picture... again 2 very different distinct colors... not to mention that it simply looks like it doesnt fit.

That is what makes me believe the second pic is a fake. The first one looks real enough to me tho.

What object? The shadow is perfectly natural as is. These pics look legit to me.

Chiefs_Fan
02-12-2007, 10:44 AM
crash your truck through the guard rail and manage to not fall off the cliff to sure death = good luck!

Not as good a luck as not crashing, but still good luck.

Easy 6
02-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I can't believe the rescue people are standing that close to the edge without harnesses. Talk about balls of steel.

Exactly, giant stainless steel balls.