PDA

View Full Version : GBN's new mock (from 1/19)

shaneo69
01-21-2007, 01:57 PM
2007 FIRST-ROUND PROJECTION

January 19, 2007

#
TEAM
Player
POS
School

1 Oakland
Calvin Johnson
WR
Georgia Tech

2 Detroit Joe Thomas
OT
Wisconsin

*3 Cleveland Jamarcus Russell
QB
LSU

*4 Tampa Bay Brady Quinn
QB
Notre Dame

5 Arizona Alan Branch
DT
Michigan

6 Washington Jamaal Anderson
DE
Arkansas

7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson
RB
Oklahoma

8 Houston Marshawn Lynch
RB
California

9 Miami Gaines Adams
DE
Clemson

10 Atlanta Reggie Nelson
FS
Florida

11 San Francisco Dwayne Jarrett
WR
Southern California

12 Buffalo Amobi Okoye
DT
Louisville

13 St. Louis Jarvis Moss
DE
Florida

14 Carolina Ted Ginn
WR
Ohio State

15 Pittsburgh Leon Hall
CB
Michigan

16 Green Bay Laron Landry
DB
LSU

17 Jacksonville Sidney Rice
WR
South Carolina

18 Cincinnati Patrick Willis
LB
Mississippi

19 Tennessee Darrelle Revis
CB
Pittsburgh

20 New York Giants Lawrence Timmons
LB
Florida State

21 Denver Quentin Moses
DE
Georgia

22 Dallas Marcus McCauley
CB
Fresno State

23 Kansas City Levi Brown
OT
Penn State

24 New England (from Seattle) Robert Meacham
WR
Tennessee

25 New York Jets Fred Bennett
CB
South Carolina

26 Philadelphia Paul Posluszny
LB
Penn State

27 New Orleans Zach Miller
TE
Arizona State

28 New England Aaron Rouse
SS
Virginia Tech

29 Baltimore Justin Blalock
OG
Texas

30 San Diego Dwayne Bowe
WR
LSU

31 Indianapolis Quinn Pitcock
DT
Ohio State

32 Chicago Tank Tyler
DT
North Carolina State

Bowser
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I will laugh my ass off if the Raiders take Calvin Johnson.

Coach
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Tampa takes Brady Quinn. They already have two young QB's on their roster. Why bother getting another one?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
I would laugh my ass off if Tampa takes Brady Quinn. They already have two young QB's on their roster. Why bother getting another one?

This one actually has a chance (although I think he'll be a bust) of being good.

Mr. Laz
01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
no way the raiders can take another receiver .......... can they??

Extra Point
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I hope this draft is right for pick #23. I'd love to have Jamarcus Russell, but we need line help. Drafting OT, DT, OG, CB, OT would work for me.

suds79
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
You certainly couldn't be upset with the pick of Levi Brown at 23.

I'd be happy with that.

He's a giant LT and he could start tomorrow. Or at least you'd expect he could given where this team is at.

beer bacon
01-25-2007, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't mind Levi. I really want to spend our first pick on defense or possibly WR, but LT is our biggest weakness right now.

the Talking Can
01-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Oakland passes on a QB for two straight years?

fine by me

couldn't complain if Brown dropped to us

Chiefnj
01-25-2007, 08:44 AM
In this mock I would hope KC would attempt to trade out of the 1st round and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder.

They could come out of the first day of the draft with:

A DT like Mcbean or Mebane
A WR like Davis or Williams
An OT like Staley, Free or Ugoh
and another OL like Kalil or Ramirez.

Coogs
01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
You certainly couldn't be upset with the pick of Levi Brown at 23.

I'd be happy with that.

He's a giant LT and he could start tomorrow. Or at least you'd expect he could given where this team is at.

Here is what GBN reports on Brown from the Senior Bowl...

Wednesday morning; North practice… It was another very coolish morning at this week’s Senior Bowl as the North team went through its second practice of the day. One position that has been a little disappointing to date this week – and it can hardly be because of the weather – have been the offensive tackles. Penn State OT Levi Brown, the highest rated OT to show up in Mobile, for example, is a powerful road grader type when working in a limited area but has struggled in space. In particular, in blocking outside rushers, Brown sets his feet too early and will lose the edge; he also has limited change of direction ability when trying to pick-off LBs at the next level and doesn’t always sustain his block until the whistle. It was interesting to note too that the Buccaneers staff which is coaching the North team did some work privately with Brown prior to practice.

htismaqe
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Here is what GBN reports on Brown from the Senior Bowl...

Wednesday morning; North practice… It was another very coolish morning at this week’s Senior Bowl as the North team went through its second practice of the day. One position that has been a little disappointing to date this week – and it can hardly be because of the weather – have been the offensive tackles. Penn State OT Levi Brown, the highest rated OT to show up in Mobile, for example, is a powerful road grader type when working in a limited area but has struggled in space. In particular, in blocking outside rushers, Brown sets his feet too early and will lose the edge; he also has limited change of direction ability when trying to pick-off LBs at the next level and doesn’t always sustain his block until the whistle. It was interesting to note too that the Buccaneers staff which is coaching the North team did some work privately with Brown prior to practice.

This pretty much flies in the face of what other people are saying, especially Scott Wright. He said that Brown has been coming in early and ASKING the coaches to work with him prior to practice. He says ALL of the OT's look pretty good...

KurtCobain
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think this draft is likely at all. Although I would be more than satisfied with Brown at our pick, I would even be okay if we traded up a couple of spots to get him. He'llbe a great Otackle of years to come, and that's what we need right now.

htismaqe
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm on the Tony Ugoh bandwagon. :D

KurtCobain
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm on the Tony Ugoh bandwagon. :D

LMAO

Chiefnj
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
This pretty much flies in the face of what other people are saying, especially Scott Wright. He said that Brown has been coming in early and ASKING the coaches to work with him prior to practice. He says ALL of the OT's look pretty good...

NFLdraftcountdown today: "Notre Dame's Victor Abiamiri gave Levi Brown fits with his quickness off the edge"

Draftdaddy Wednesday: "Brown was very good for most of the day, but was beat badly by Notre Dame defensive end Victor Abiamiri around the edge in drills. "

Draftdaddy Monday: "On the offensive line, Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown had an up and down session – at times he looks like a top 10 pick, at others he looks like he should be picked later. Brown needs to work on his consistency but in terms of size/speed ratio is the most impressive of the North offensive linemen."

Mecca
01-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I will laugh my ass off if the Raiders take Calvin Johnson.

Because drafting the best player in the draft is something to laugh about.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I will do cartwheels if we draft Levi Brown.

KurtCobain
01-26-2007, 01:36 AM
I will do cartwheels if we draft Levi Brown.

I would want to see a video of this.

htismaqe
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
NFLdraftcountdown today: "Notre Dame's Victor Abiamiri gave Levi Brown fits with his quickness off the edge"

Draftdaddy Wednesday: "Brown was very good for most of the day, but was beat badly by Notre Dame defensive end Victor Abiamiri around the edge in drills. "

Draftdaddy Monday: "On the offensive line, Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown had an up and down session – at times he looks like a top 10 pick, at others he looks like he should be picked later. Brown needs to work on his consistency but in terms of size/speed ratio is the most impressive of the North offensive linemen."

I've read those.

But those quotes are alot less scathing than what Coogs posted from GBN.

Chiefnj
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I've read those.

But those quotes are alot less scathing than what Coogs posted from GBN.

Less scathing, but it all goes to the same issue - he seems to have issues in space against speed rushers.

If you get a chance go to what used to be bernies insiders (I think it is now a scout website - like everything else). In their draft talk area there is a guy Sobodog or something like that. Year in, year out he's an excellent source on draft picks. He's been at Mobile and provides good insight on players. I believe he said that Spencer from Purdue was abusing Jones continually one of the days.

htismaqe
01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Less scathing, but it all goes to the same issue - he seems to have issues in space against speed rushers.

Yes, he seems to be having issues with it. In fact, it was the one thing I was worried about with him, I started bringing it up back in December when people started talking about him.

It's not like Scott Wright, for instance, hasn't mentioned his issues. It's just that his comments about Brown's struggles are coupled with his comments that Brown is probably the best overall tackle at the game. GBN made it sound like Brown is on the down and out...

Coogs
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes, he seems to be having issues with it. In fact, it was the one thing I was worried about with him, I started bringing it up back in December when people started talking about him.

It's not like Scott Wright, for instance, hasn't mentioned his issues. It's just that his comments about Brown's struggles are coupled with his comments that Brown is probably the best overall tackle at the game. GBN made it sound like Brown is on the down and out...

So if Brown is the best, and he struggles against the speed rush, maybe OT isn't the way to go in the draft. :shrug:

htismaqe
01-26-2007, 01:09 PM
So if Brown is the best, and he struggles against the speed rush, maybe OT isn't the way to go in the draft. :shrug:

Alot of us have been saying that for quite a while. ;)